Pavlos and Marie-Chantal current events 6: January 2008 - November 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To Olili about the bag : I've sometimes seen MC's things on the website Net A Porter. One article said recently that MC also likes the website Mytheresa.com. Otherwise, it might be a Jimmy Choo thing, or Valentino. Well, that was my best try...

Thank you. It may be a Anya Hindmarch´s bag.

she is a waste of time -for the greek royal house..

I´d rather say that comments like these are a "waste of time" to post and/ or read!
I´m sure nobody in the greek royal family would see it this way.
And: The main thing is her husband doesn´t feel she´s a waste of time, isn´t it?!

I agree with you Wartenberg 7. The main thing is that she is happily married and has a wonderful brood of children. Something she must be doing right!:cool:

It's modern media management. For some it comes naturally, for others it requires a large team of PR advisors and flunkies. MC appears able to do it by herself.
Yes,she appears to be able to do it on her own because she learned a lot from her parents;MC is always quick to point out that she learned this from her mother,or that from her mother,or her father thinks....

she is a waste of time -for the greek royal house..

How may I ask is she a waste of space?
I used to think that Marie - Chantal was nothing but a gold digger but then i started to read about her, her past and what she's done as Pavlos' wife. She is a wonderful woman, and an outstanding mother. She has done nothing but good for the Greek Royal Family.
x

How may I ask is she a waste of space?
I used to think that Marie - Chantal was nothing but a gold digger but then i started to read about her, her past and what she's done as Pavlos' wife. She is a wonderful woman, and an outstanding mother. She has done nothing but good for the Greek Royal Family.
x

M C could not have been a gold digger since she is the one who had the cash. A social climber perhaps and very succesful at that.
However I am confused. What exactly did she do as Pavlos's wife?? and what exactly did she do for the Greek Royal family?
I am not privy to her private life so I cannot agree or deny that she may be a wonderful mother but the two other points leave me wondering.:flowers:

I think to be a good wife and a good mother is a great feat nowadays. It is certainly better for the Greek Royal Family, to have Pavlos happily married to a good looking interesting woman, to have children who are healthy and well taken care of, than having, to worry about the behaviour of, for instance, a Stephanie of Monaco.

I read that Emanuele Filiberto and Clotilde visited the people suffering from the terrible earthquake in Italy. Prince of Venice is obviously interested in the Italian people
And I wonder...

Can you imagine Pavlos and MC visiting the Greek people in a case of a similar disaster???
For me, they won't care... their lifestyle is far more important...

During the fires in Peloponese 2 summers ago, the King and Queen visited some areas and offered assistance through the Anna Maria foundation. It is a bit tricky to get too openly involved with anything that the government may consider an intereference in internal affaires.
However, I have never seen or heard about anything Pavlos and MC may have done to endear themselves to the Greeks. There was some talk about proceeds from a video of their wedding ceremonies but nothing was ever made public. We know that MC loves to tell about all she does, however any activities she may have undertaken regarding Greece, have been secret, to say the least.:whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
If MC were to go visit the fire victims, I´m sure there would be people criticizing her for "exploting" such a terrible event. With her, it´s a no-win situation.

From what I can see from photos, I find Princess Marie Chantal very attractive and lovable.

During the fires in Peloponese 2 summers ago, the King and Queen visited some areas and offered assistance through the Anna Maria foundation. It is a bit tricky to get too openly involved with anything that the government may consider an intereference in internal affaires.
However, I have never seen or heard about anything Pavlos and MC may have done to endear themselves to the Greeks. There was some talk about proceeds from a video of their wedding ceremonies but nothing was ever made public. We know that MC loves to tell about all she does, however any activities she may have undertaken regarding Greece, have been secret, to say the least.:whistling:

I have seen Constantine and Ana Maria ... (Princess Irene, in the suburbs of Athens with poor families of Albanie, but I think that Irene is another story).
I have not seen to MC, but in 2007 during the summer when fires Constantine visited the affected areas in late August with Prince Pavlo I remember that they attended the funeral of one of the victims in fires.

you're right, I like to see to MC more involved in these matters ..A sense more Greek in Marie Chantal

If MC were to go visit the fire victims, I´m sure there would be people criticizing her for "exploting" such a terrible event. With her, it´s a no-win situation.

You are so right.She would be criticized for "showboating",just making an appearance to garner publicity.

And why should she get involved in Greece?
Pavlos & Marie Chantal + children don´t strike me as very "greek" (whatever that means) and they aren´t in line to the throne, since there is NO throne (Constantine is as much king to Greece, as I am queen to Greece) So why should they pretend to be something, they aren´t?

I agree with you both, Misselle and Lena. In the first case, that would be exactly the reaction. She´d be showing off for the cameras. In the second, I´ve read many a time here that the Greek people don´t care for their royal family. Why should Pavlos and his wife go out of their ways to do "greek" things. They both work and earn their money, they are wonderful parents and paid hommage to his etnic background by naming all 5 of their children with hellenic names. For me just the way they are - a young, working couple, with well-behaved, healthy children, is already the best example they could give to any nation.

I recall very lively the Chanel costume, Princess Marie-Chantal wore at the Marriage of Elena of Spain in 1995; it was beige with light-rose ornaments, and I was then very much impressed.

I recall very lively the Chanel costume, Princess Marie-Chantal wore at the Marriage of Elena of Spain in 1995; it was beige with light-rose ornaments, and I was then very much impressed.

Are you referring to the gown with short jacket that she wore to the pre-wedding event for Elena? Ironically just yesterday I was trying to find a picture of that outfit and was unable to. Does anyone have a photo of it? To the actual wedding she wore the same light pink jacket/skirt she had worn for some of the engagement photos.

Unfortunately, I cannot exactly remember, but I think it was a suit in a kind of beige and light-rose tweed in Chanel-style, very pretty, and if I am not mistaken, there was also a suited small hat. The colour combination seemed to me then so new and striking, astonishing and beautiful.

And why should she get involved in Greece?
Pavlos & Marie Chantal + children don´t strike me as very "greek" (whatever that means) and they aren´t in line to the throne, since there is NO throne (Constantine is as much king to Greece, as I am queen to Greece) So why should they pretend to be something, they aren´t?

when MC goes to royals wedding displaying her dresses..it is because she attend as menber of a Royal family, witht or without a throne, the royal family of Greece.. she attends as Princess of Greece...If she will not have this title, inter monarchies, she would not be invited ..
I think that if she enjoys the benefits of attend to royals weddings and other events, at least I think that Greek should know .. if you give interviews to magazines of monarchical ideology as Princess of Greece at least .. Greek language.

Unfortunately, I cannot exactly remember, but I think it was a suit in a kind of beige and light-rose tweed in Chanel-style, very pretty, and if I am not mistaken, there was also a suited small hat. The colour combination seemed to me then so new and striking, astonishing and beautiful.
Look in the Wedding Forum for Elena's wedding. Pics of both outfits are the. She looks good in both.

Thank you, Denice, very much. This, I will do this evening, when I will have more time. I am looking forward to it. Very kind of you.

I love the way she looks in the videos of the store opening! Very chic.

The camera pans to a shot of a small boy with longish-blonde hair. Is this one of her sons? She is also holding a baby in one of the videos; does anyone know if this is Aristidis?

Great great find, thank you ! MC looking relaxed and...wearing colour !!! I think it must be years since we last saw MC with colour ; by the way I think this outfit is lovely and the scene with the baby in her arms is beautiful. Makes my day of humble fan...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom