The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 02:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Iakynthi! I appreciate the info. I will check with my local Borders bookstore to see if they could order the magazine for me. They carry a few international titles, but I have yet to see any from Greece. I would be very interested to see the photos.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:42 PM
Royal Highness

It's good for you to read Life & Style anyway.Not only because of the royals,but generally,because they present special people with great personalities.No gossip,no offending comments.And the most important for me,no mistakes,either in the grammar or spelling.The best Greek I have ever read!Personally,I haven't missed an issue.And I keep them all,it's like an encyclopedia for me.Recently,I discovered the May 2007 issue,with the photoshot of Pavlos' family in the Bahamas,where they went for Easter.The one that all the kids were wearing the traditional red threads(it's a tradition here to put on the kids red threads around their wrists during March,when the spring begins,because we believe that it will protect them from the strong sun).It was an epic photoshot,about 20 (!) pages,the longer I had ever seen.It was also the 1st time Pavlos had stated that they had sold all of their cars and they only use bicycles,even in London.It was an ecological movement influenced by an Al Gore's speech that Pavlos had heard.

Old 11-13-2008, 01:51 PM
Royal Highness

Iakhinthy what a lucky person to have access to the Life & Style magazine.
Thanks also for explaining the meaning of the red threads on the kids wrists, Itīs a goo idea, because re is a very vital and strong colour.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:10 PM
Royal Highness

You are most welcome,Carminha!Yes,the red thread is an old greek custom,so it seems that Pavlos is trying hard to keep some of our customs and even learn them to his children.I like that!
Old 11-14-2008, 11:30 AM
Heir Apparent

CP Pavlos and Marie-Chantal attended the 60th birthday party of Prince Charles yesterday. There are many photos in the Prince Charles birthday thread in the British Royals forum. It appears that they hosted CP Frederik and CP Mary of Denmark at their London home.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:38 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
CP Pavlos and Marie-Chantal attended the 60th birthday party of Prince Charles yesterday. There are many photos in the Prince Charles birthday thread in the British Royals forum. It appears that they hosted CP Frederik and CP Mary of Denmark at their London home.
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/734/marie1do8.jpg

MC in a horrible dress, a leftover from Halloween or forgot to change after a gothic afternoon with Mary (in the background)? She is almost unrecognizable and without doubt not in a good mood.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:43 AM
Royal Highness

I didnīt like the dress either. But, who can be in a good mood when its raining like that!!!!
Old 11-14-2008, 12:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carminha Stalker View Post
I didnīt like the dress either. But, who can be in a good mood when its raining like that!!!!
Well, Carminha Stalker, that rain is very typical of the weather in Britain
as well as of other countries in Northern Europe, unfortunately I know that myself

For more pics and discussions about the birthday party and guests of
Prince Charles, please take a look at the following thread:

The Prince of Wales's 60th birthday: 14 November 2008
Old 11-14-2008, 07:13 PM
Serene Highness

Do you like the new hairdo of Mary Chantal?

Mary Chantal has changed his haircut.
I like a lot.
http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/r...rieChantal.jpg
Old 11-14-2008, 07:19 PM
Aristocracy

No, I donīt like it. I like MCīs straight hair. I thnik that yersterday she had to put her hair in a bun.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Serene Highness

But I think the bun is okay if the hair is adorned with a tiara, and yesterday the party of birthday did not require tiara..I think that MC is very pretty with a bun but when she adorns her hair with a tiara.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:53 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't care for this look. To me, it looks like she is trying to impersonate Madonna. Perhaps it would have looked nicer if she didn't have such an unhappy look on her face.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:13 AM
Royal Highness

Yes, Iceflower, I do know how much it rains in England, having lived there for seven years. Still, itīs one thing to go out in your Burberry and umbrella and proper shoes and another to brave the elements all dressed up LOL.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:12 PM
Royal Highness

I just discovered another old Life & Style issue (2003) with an interview with Marie Chantal.She had stated that when she was young,she loved to make experiments with her looks and once she had even shaved her head...Hmm,I would love to see some of those photos...
Old 11-22-2008, 10:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
I just discovered another old Life & Style issue (2003) with an interview with Marie Chantal.She had stated that when she was young,she loved to make experiments with her looks and once she had even shaved her head...Hmm,I would love to see some of those photos...
Perhaps next time she experiments and shaves her head she will also decide to zip around London on the bike now that (according to another interview) they sold their cars and ride bicycles!
BTW that outfit, the sour face and the hairdo at the party were totally "new"...Perhaps MC should stop experimenting and stick with what worked so far for her.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:08 AM
Royal Highness

Thumbs up

Oh,I forgot the detail with the bicycles....It seems that someone has bought many many Life & Style issues while she was in Athens
I told you,I really "liked" the idea with the shaved head.Actually I'm still looking for that photo...
Old 11-23-2008, 03:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
Oh,I forgot the detail with the bicycles....It seems that someone has bought many many Life & Style issues while she was in Athens
I told you,I really "liked" the idea with the shaved head.Actually I'm still looking for that photo...
Oh! What that woman shared with the journalists is a bit too much. If one lets her tell the story there is nothing she did not think of or tried. A long time ago she said if Disney World was not already operational she'd have invented it!!
Old 11-23-2008, 05:40 PM
Royal Highness

Thumbs up

You're absolutely right.But don't forget the best example:That her mother is the last Incan Princess... The "Disney-thing" cannot even be compared to this one By the way,now that you mentioned her appearance at Pr.Charles' birthday:I didn't see them arriving at the Back.Palace on their bicycles.I saw Nikolaos driving a luxurious car,not a luxurious bicycle with 3 seats or a "tricyclo"...
Old 11-23-2008, 05:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
Perhaps next time she experiments and shaves her head she will also decide to zip around London on the bike now that (according to another interview) they sold their cars and ride bicycles!
With some jewels too...

Incan Princess???
Old 11-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Royal Highness

You never heard of the Incan Princess-"fairytale" before,magnik?
They seem to believe it.I still see many blogs repeating it...
What can I say?Having 2 daughters married princes,you've got to be someone and when you're not,you have to "think" of something ...so there you go

Closed Thread

Tags
marie-chantal, pavlos