The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece > Crown Prince Pavlos, Marie Chantal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 02:23 PM
Nobility

I am not surprised at the Vanity Fair interview in Spain of Marie Chantal, she hinted that she did not like attending to such acts of Royal Houses

Old 06-15-2010, 07:51 PM
Commoner

I will be so disappointed if MC and Pavlos don't attend Victoria's wedding - I always love to see what MC is wearing. She always looks great IMO. BTW, great blue dress (color anyway - couldn' t make out the style) for the 70th bday.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:54 AM
Courtier

Well, since the flower-children are now officially announced (Catharina-Amalia, Ingrid Alexandra and little Christian) and Victoria´s godson Constantin Alexios isn´t listed this is IMO another indication that MC and Pavlos don´t attend. Otherwise they might feel treated unfairly if they attend and their child wasn´t invited to act as a flower-child...
They might painfully realise that they are not a reigning crownprincely couple and that the godchildren of the reigning royal houses are obviously privileged.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:53 AM
Aristocracy

I think Constantine-Alexios is a little old to be a flower-child....
Old 06-17-2010, 11:56 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

He'd be a page boy, not a flower-child.
I am quite surprised MC and Pavlos won't attend such a high profiled event, they have attended other weddings.
I don't see why Theodora isn't attending either.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:42 PM
Heir Apparent

I wouldn't think CP Pavlos & MC are put out. Other heirs are not in the bridal party. Princess Elisabeth of Belgium and Princess Leonor of Spain are not included either. I don't know whether CP Victoria is godmother to Elisabeth.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Are you saying there not attending because there children haven't been chosen as Flower-Girls or Page-Boys?

She is not godmother to neither Elisabeth nor Leonor.
She is godmother to Constatine-Alexios, but I would imagine he would be too old to perform the duties of a page-boy.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:55 PM
Serene Highness

Too young?! He´ll be 12 this year! The other children are much younger. It´s a big shame!
Old 06-17-2010, 01:59 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
Too young?! He´ll be 12 this year! The other children are much younger. It´s a big shame!

I meant to write that he was too old. Not too young, I apologise.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think that's why they are not attending. I was responding to the above speculation. There are other heirs who are not in the bridal party.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:29 PM
Nobility

There royals who are on the guest list and yet in their countries have confirmed that they will not attend. Pavlo and MC ??????????????could be
Old 06-17-2010, 03:52 PM
Heir Apparent

I have no idea, maybe they had other plans. Its a shame because I love when everyone shows up in their finery. There's not enough information about Pavlos' or MC's relationship with other royal house to speculte. But enought of GRF are attending to satisfy me.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:15 PM
Nobility

I would be so disappointed if MC&Pavlos did not attend...
Old 06-17-2010, 04:22 PM
Nobility

When she spoke at the Vanity Fair in Spain, she insinuated that she was going to these celebrations because were family acts, but hinted that she would not go to voluntarily, because she does not like to go to these celebrations.I think MC is confused, If she she wants in future that the royal houses go to her celebrations ,first , she will should go to celebrations of them
Old 06-17-2010, 04:39 PM
Heir Apparent

She's been to alot of these royal occasions. We assume that the decision to attend is/was soly MC's. CP Pavlos could attend alone or insist they go. Again, I can't speculate because I know nothing of the reason why the CP couple and the other royal families. I'm really disappointed that the CP couple are not going. The last time we saw MC was at King Constantine's birthday celebration. So she's doing her duty for family. They (Pavlos & MC) may have decided to take a break from these types of gathering for awhile.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRIS1983 View Post
When she spoke at the Vanity Fair in Spain, she insinuated that she was going to these celebrations because were family acts, but hinted that she would not go to voluntarily, because she does not like to go to these celebrations.I think MC is confused, If she she wants in future that the royal houses go to her celebrations ,first , she will should go to celebrations of them
My guess is that MC has perhaps realised over the years that she doesn't really match with their royal relatives, distand and close or she has come to believe that "being a royal" in the sense of attending gathering and official celebrations isn't really her thing so she isn't too keen on pursuing contact with her in laws' royal milieu.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:10 PM
Nobility

After seeing the wedding of Princess Victoria, the first thing I thought, after watching the guests, why was not Marie Chantal?, And I have been thinking what events could have prevented be in wedding... Could any Miller sister celebrate her wedding today?
Old 06-19-2010, 05:13 PM
Nobility

I cannot explain it myself. So disappointing...
Old 06-21-2010, 10:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Does someone know why the couple were not at the Swedish wedding ?
Old 06-21-2010, 06:56 PM
Nobility

in the Hola! of Spain also had pictures of the Miller family in King's birthday.
I don´t know why they did not attended, but I think that if this was a voluntary decision, they have made a mistake,because to the wedding of a crown prince should never stop go .....

Closed Thread

Tags
marie-chantal, pavlos