Pavlos and Marie-Chantal current events 6: January 2008 - November 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I meant is that they made her look white. Out of all of MCs kids she looks more like her grandmother who has obvious (to me) indigenous features. It seems to me that that family does not care much for that part of their ancestry. It makes me a little sad.
I agree. I wish they'd speak more about their mother and her relations in S. America. Mrs. Miller very obviously not a lily white blonde debutante and I find that incredibly interesting. Alexandra has inherited a great deal of her mother's indigenous features (despite dying her hair blonde) and now it's evident MO has as well. I hope MC and the family don't encourage MO to hide her S. American looks or make her feel different.

The photo is beautiful! She looks great, and he is handsome as always. Unfortunately, I don't speak Greek. Do you know what the article says?

And do they say where the photo was taken? Because that background doesn't look like their London home (which was written up in the house magazine not to long ago).

Have everybody noticed that if you click on "cover story" you have access to 2 more pics ?
I hope some very charitable soul will soon scan all pics and say what the article is about...please... I'm also interested in information on how to buy one copy of this mag through the internet, if possible (I did not manage with the last one).

IMO she´s showing a little already and has gained some weight:wub:
Always reassuring to see this couple still being so in love. It´s the only one of the weddings from 1995 who still is married....

Hi Stefanie, which weddings of 1995 are you referring to?

On youtube there´s a video on the occasion of Felipe´s 40th birthday (Los 40 del principe (1) where among others also Pavlos talks about his cousin and he talks in a very fluent Spanish! Didn´t know that Pavlos speaks about three languages: Greek, spanish and English. And maybe French. Watch it! (And if you´re only interested in seeing this smart guy....:wub:)

Well, I have to say he speaks with a very strong accent and I don't think he is so fluent in Spanish... Matter of fact I expected him to speak much better Spanish, being, as he is, so close to Prince Felipe. Perhaps he's like his aunt, Queen Sofía, who doesn't speak Spanish very well, either.

My mom always says Queen Anne Marie had beautiful babies, and MC's babies are so pretty in the same way. Olympia looks like her mother when she was a child, and she's perhaps the most Latin-American of all the children.

MC is quite showing in the cover of Life and Style ¡¡¡

At least they speak spanish...I think they don't speak danish at all, except Alexia who speaks it a little bit?

I'm not sure, Lily. Alexia speaks Spanish very well.

Yes, I know. I meant to say I think Alexia speaks only a little danish ( I am not sure). All the other siblings don't as far as I know. So I mean, at least they speak spanish ( even if Pavlos' is not that good) and communicate with their cousins on this side of the family.
I know that not everybody is good in learning languages, but I think it is a little sad that their parents didn't teach their children enough greek ( their father's native language, especially the younger children are not supposed to speak it very well) and danish ( their mother's native language).

Well I find it quite complicated: I have some friends: She´s German, he´s from Sweden and they live in the U.S. together with their three children. None of the children speaks German oder Swedish.
I think it was o.k. with the Greek King and Queen to speak predominantely English with their children since they lived most of the time in London and the children had to go to school there.

Perhaps one day the children (now adults) will want to connect more with their Danish roots and will take up the language. I can understand the parents not pushing them to speak the other languages. When my father's parents moved to the US from Italy, they encouraged their children to concentrate on English. As a result of this, they never mastered Italian. I don't agree with this point of view, but I understand why they did it. They were concerned with the academic performance of their children. Perhaps this is why the king and queen did this with their children.

This is their house, I think that ít´s the back

At least they speak spanish...I think they don't speak danish at all, except Alexia who speaks it a little bit?

Constantine never mastered Danish, so it's not surprising his children didn't either. I would believe the emphasis in their childhoods was for them to focus on Greek, and all of their children speak it (though apparently Alexia is the only child teaching her children Greek) with varying levels of fluency. Danish is not the hardest language to understand, meaning some of it comes to you if you can read German, but they have never spent massive amounts of time in Denmark, and the Danes all speak German, French and English, so there are another three languages to communicate in.

I haven't heard any of the other children speak but I have heard Pavlos speak Greek and he speaks it very well......like he was raised in Greece. I believe Anna-Maria is not all that fluent in greek either (but don't quote me on this)

Well, I have to say he speaks with a very strong accent and I don't think he is so fluent in Spanish... Matter of fact I expected him to speak much better Spanish, being, as he is, so close to Prince Felipe. Perhaps he's like his aunt, Queen Sofía, who doesn't speak Spanish very well, either.

Queen Sofia's Spanish is not good? I'd expect her to speak it perfectly after living there for more than 40 years!

Pic 6.2.2008

Here's a nice new pic from yesterday:

Prince Pavlos of Greece and Marie Chantal Conservative
Party Black and White Ball, London, Britain - 06 Feb 2008

-----> Pic

Queen Sofia's Spanish is not good? I'd expect her to speak it perfectly after living there for more than 40 years!

She has a very strong accent and she doesn't pronounce some sounds. It is widely known in the country, and she usually doesn't speak in public.

-----> Pic
Thanks, Ice. It's hard to tell if she's showing or not yet in this particular photo. They look happy, though.

She looks lovely, and he is always handsome. I am not fond of that fur thing that is attached to her coat. It looks like a drowned animal.

Sorry I already asked for it, but could someone maybe scan the pics of the Greek last Life and Style, and/or tell what is said in the article ? Or maybe say how I can find the magazine in France ?

-----> Pic

Thanks for the pic!
They look very happy and I can see a definite pregnancy glow. :rose2:

I don't agree!!!!

MO does resemble her maternal grandmother. Her mouth and eyes are very similar. Poor thing! She has been looking awkward in photos from the past year. I wonder if she will change as she ages, or if she will continue to resemble her maternal grandmother. Either way, that poor child needs to have some dental work. She needs braces. I know that it is very wrong to criticize a child's appearance, and I'm sorry.

When I look at photos of myself at age 11, I cringe. I definitely went through an awkward stage (and I'm not sure that I ever grew out of it).:flowers:
Olimpia is adorable girl, You try to cover you discriminatory distaste with sugar and spice, but this family is very natural They leave things the way they are and there is nothing wrong with the little girl having Latino traits, contrary to popular belief that does not make one so unideal that that we should pity and go "poor thing" It is in poor taste in any situation no matter who, to criticize children.miaamor:eek:

Miaamor, I am very sorry if you perceived my comment to be discriminatory. I did not mean to sound that way at all (I am part Mexican, by the way, and proud of it). What I meant was that her mouth and teeth resemble her grandmother (which has nothing to do with being Latina-I meant that they stick out, and braces are a simple remedy). Her family is not entirely natural, by the way. MC's mother changed her name from the very beatiful Maria-Clara to Chantal. I apologize for having offended you, and really did not mean anything ethnocentric by my comments.

Braces and MO

Many orthodontists (at least in the US) feel that it is better to wait until the child is older before putting the braces on to ensure a better result. Mine waited until I was 14 before putting them on my teeth and I had braces all through high school. I would have preferred to have braces earlier than high school, but it was the doctor's considered opinion that I was too young. Now (decades later!) every single dentist who examines my teeth says the orthodontist's work was very impressive.

We really have no idea as to the discussions MC and Pavlos have as parents with their pediatricians/pediatric dentists, and with each other, about their children's medical/dental care, but I'm sure they seek the very best care for all their children.

Sita780 ~ Thanks so much for the link!!! Those were great photos I have never seen. I esp. like the ones at AM birthday. I agree, the pumpkin colored dress was very flattering.

As for MO's teeth, she def. needs braces which I agree she'll prolly get when she's a bit older. She very strongly resembles her maternal grandmama and her Aunt Alex - who also has very strong S. American features. I've always found the Miller sisters S. Am heritage interesting and wish they'd address it more often.

I don't really blame Marie-Chantal and her sisters for not addressing their latin american background more often. Their mother apparantly didn't really teach her children much about her culture. She didn't teach them spanish, etc., and even changed her name.
So while I agree, it is a shame, I don't think it is really Marie-Chantal's fault.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom