The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece > Crown Prince Pavlos, Marie Chantal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 03:05 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the posts/links Sita780. I liked the portraits of the kids. I wonder if she's ever had them down all together (in the same portrait) like the used to do in the "old days." The fact that Pavlos speaks several languages is very impressive - and sexy.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:53 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that what Dona Metizia means is that she doesn't look so strongly Greek. I am not completely sure, and I apologize to Dona Metizia if this is incorrect, but that is how I took the message.

Old 01-29-2008, 01:30 AM
Courtier

Some people think that MO resembles a bit her maternal grandmother who has indian roots from south-america. IMO she´ll never become very pretty. She´s got too big, little sticked out, ears, a flat face and the back of her head is quite flat. Like most of the greek princesses (pity...) she´s not as pretty as the boys. In the moment I believe little Odysseas is the prettiest of the children.
I don´t like the paintings too much. All children look someway alike specially the expression of their eyes.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:46 PM
Heir Apparent

MO does resemble her maternal grandmother. Her mouth and eyes are very similar. Poor thing! She has been looking awkward in photos from the past year. I wonder if she will change as she ages, or if she will continue to resemble her maternal grandmother. Either way, that poor child needs to have some dental work. She needs braces. I know that it is very wrong to criticize a child's appearance, and I'm sorry.

When I look at photos of myself at age 11, I cringe. I definitely went through an awkward stage (and I'm not sure that I ever grew out of it).
Old 01-29-2008, 11:51 PM
Courtier

No, I think you are right, 11 or 12 is an akward stage for most people. I see it if I look at my old 6th grade pictures and nearly everybody looked better when younger or then later again in comparison.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:31 AM
Nobility

Hum, I must say I like MO's portrait, very poetic to my taste, and I find she looks lovely in photos too. My favorite though, has always been Achilleas who always looks like a good healthy boy, very smily (like one of my own boys in fact...). His portrait is lovely too ; my own taste of course. I like the starry sky behind, and the colours.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:32 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree with you Sita. Achilleas is a very handsome boy, and his painting is the prettiest of all the children's paintings.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:57 AM
Courtier

Achilleas-Andreas looks the most like his Daddy.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
I think that what Dona Metizia means is that she doesn't look so strongly Greek. I am not completely sure, and I apologize to Dona Metizia if this is incorrect, but that is how I took the message.

What I meant is that they made her look white. Out of all of MCs kids she looks more like her grandmother who has obvious (to me) indigenous features. It seems to me that that family does not care much for that part of their ancestry. It makes me a little sad.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Aristocracy

Mc Pavlos appear on Life & Style magazine

..::Life & Style::..
Old 02-03-2008, 06:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by olili View Post

The photo is beautiful! She looks great, and he is handsome as always. Unfortunately, I don't speak Greek. Do you know what the article says?
Old 02-04-2008, 10:40 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doña Metizia View Post
What I meant is that they made her look white. Out of all of MCs kids she looks more like her grandmother who has obvious (to me) indigenous features. It seems to me that that family does not care much for that part of their ancestry. It makes me a little sad.
I agree. I wish they'd speak more about their mother and her relations in S. America. Mrs. Miller very obviously not a lily white blonde debutante and I find that incredibly interesting. Alexandra has inherited a great deal of her mother's indigenous features (despite dying her hair blonde) and now it's evident MO has as well. I hope MC and the family don't encourage MO to hide her S. American looks or make her feel different.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:44 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
The photo is beautiful! She looks great, and he is handsome as always. Unfortunately, I don't speak Greek. Do you know what the article says?
And do they say where the photo was taken? Because that background doesn't look like their London home (which was written up in the house magazine not to long ago).
Old 02-05-2008, 02:08 PM
Nobility

It is their London home.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by olili View Post

What a lovely picture. MC looks very radiant, its great to see her not with the all "natural look", great to see her with some make-up on Pavlos looks handsome.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:55 PM
Nobility

Have everybody noticed that if you click on "cover story" you have access to 2 more pics ?
I hope some very charitable soul will soon scan all pics and say what the article is about...please... I'm also interested in information on how to buy one copy of this mag through the internet, if possible (I did not manage with the last one).
Old 02-06-2008, 07:46 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
IMO she´s showing a little already and has gained some weight
Always reassuring to see this couple still being so in love. It´s the only one of the weddings from 1995 who still is married....
Hi Stefanie, which weddings of 1995 are you referring to?
Old 02-06-2008, 07:49 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
On youtube there´s a video on the occasion of Felipe´s 40th birthday (Los 40 del principe (1) where among others also Pavlos talks about his cousin and he talks in a very fluent Spanish! Didn´t know that Pavlos speaks about three languages: Greek, spanish and English. And maybe French. Watch it! (And if you´re only interested in seeing this smart guy....)
Well, I have to say he speaks with a very strong accent and I don't think he is so fluent in Spanish... Matter of fact I expected him to speak much better Spanish, being, as he is, so close to Prince Felipe. Perhaps he's like his aunt, Queen Sofía, who doesn't speak Spanish very well, either.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:53 AM
Commoner

My mom always says Queen Anne Marie had beautiful babies, and MC's babies are so pretty in the same way. Olympia looks like her mother when she was a child, and she's perhaps the most Latin-American of all the children.

MC is quite showing in the cover of Life and Style ¡¡¡
Old 02-06-2008, 09:40 AM
Courtier

At least they speak spanish...I think they don't speak danish at all, except Alexia who speaks it a little bit?

Tags
marie-chantal, pavlos