The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece > Crown Prince Pavlos, Marie Chantal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 11:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for the photos, Iceflower! I also noticed that Pavlos looks like he might have a cut or something on his upper lip. He looks like he might be trying to cover it in the first photo. They both look happy in the photos. This looks like it was a lovely date night for the couple.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:16 PM
Nobility

http://i34.tinypic.com/vh3nk1.jpg

Maybe he was playing with his boys and got a ball attack on the mouth.

MC looks great.

Old 09-26-2009, 03:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Well,this is definitely a beautiful couple that I'm always glad to see.Thank you,Iceflower MC looks stunning!
Old 09-26-2009, 03:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
How pleased some members would be if Marie Chantal's little empire of nine shops failed. But it hasn't, and it appears to be quite a successful and expanding business venture. Maybe that's the problem for some people.
That would be a very unfair assessment about how some of us feel.
It wouldn't make any difference (at least to me) if MC becomes the next Coco Chanel for tots or remains with 9 shops.
Some are not in awe of the lady but will never wish ill on her. There is a
big difference.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Nobility

I definitely agree with Odette on the above.
Expressing my reservations towards the supposed-to-be superwoman which joggles with success and exceptional capacity different everyday tasks that other women hardly ever manage to conclude and on the same time be on the first line of the social scene doesn't mean that I feel badly for her or wish her bad lack or wait for her to make the wrong step in order to be satisfied...

The problem is not MC's business... not her family, her personal choices or what she has created by her own efforts. The "problem", to better put it, the issue is that MC had the big problems that an average young person today faces and has to resolve in order to survive already resolved (high financial status), she did not have to work hard in order to build a fortune, she found it all ready, waiting for her to enjoy it. She didn't spend her 20's or 30's studying hard to get a degree or a master, go to the market, to interviews, face rejections, disapprovements, obstacles...
When she married Pavlos at the age of 27, she had a luxurious wedding, she bought a luxurious house in NY and a farm in Connecticut with the money that her father had made. It was not the money she had made. She began working because she wanted to have an occupation just to keep in form and have a healthy balance in her life (her own words from Point de Vue, July 2004).
OK, she has limits, she knows how to enjoy her fortune without unnecessary excesses, she followed her dreams for a family and a work but ...I think that MC doesn't do something different from what does the vast majority of women around the world... and these women do not have MC's huge trust from their fathers...

Anyway... In greek Hello of this week, there is an interview of MC about the opening of the new store. I translate.

- Welcome from your holidays. Were you in Greece?
Yes and I had some wonderful relaxing days with my family.

- Your son Aristidis Stavros was baptised in August. How is he as a character?
He is 14 months, incredibly smart, sweet, affectionate, and enough independent. I think that when you have many kids, the youngers develop a stronger personality because they have so many siblings to compete.

- Would you like to have another child?
I have my business and a huge family of five kids. My family has been concluded. I always wanted five kids. I feel perfect. I design children's clothes, I have my kids, everything is in harmony.

-Have you designed the store? It seems like a doll's house.
We wanted to make it special. There is somothing so sweet in children's clothes! We wanted it to look like Wendy's house....

- Where is prince Pavlos today?
He is working but this was a day only for women. All my friends came to support me and buy. It is very important for me because I know how busy they are.

- How do you combine motherhood and business?
I am lucky because my office is 2' from my house, so I can go my kids to school, return for the food and on the same time focus on my job. I have found a healthy balance.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:47 PM
Serene Highness

Interesting interview,Emmeleia.Thanks for sharing it with us!"Healthy balance" sounds more realistic.Generally,she sounded more down-to-earth this time.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:34 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
That would be a very unfair assessment about how some of us feel.
I'd bet the house that some members here would be positively gloating if MC's business (or marriage) went bust.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:49 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmeleia View Post
When she married Pavlos at the age of 27, she had a luxurious wedding, she bought a luxurious house in NY and a farm in Connecticut with the money that her father had made. It was not the money she had made. She began working because she wanted to have an occupation just to keep in form and have a healthy balance in her life (her own words from Point de Vue, July 2004).
I thought the house in NY City belonged to her parents. But then again I remember her trying to sell it when they moved to London so I don't know. For the sake of the kids, I certainly don't want to see her marriage fail.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:11 PM
Royal Highness

But Emmeleia, why is it a problem if she was born rich and had all the advantages? Many like her, turn to drugs, wild spending, live empty futile lives. So, she had privileges? Should she feel ashamed for it, contrite for it? I think for a woman "who had everything in her plate" she has done remarkably well. She is not certainly a Paris Hilton to name just one.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:48 PM
Nobility

Exactly Carmina Stalker, what I find interesting is that even when you have so many gifts (as MC), what makes you happy and balanced is just what "the vast majority of women around the world" do (Emmeleia's words) : family, work, couple. And that is pretty good news, even if we vast majority of us do not have a $$$ wedding and a $$$$$ house with 5 kids.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:59 PM
Nobility

Carminha Stalker and Sita,
I am particularly glad that you respond to my thoughts even though we may not coincide. Regards from Greece!!!

I do not say that it's a problem if MC was born rich.
MC's billions are just an issue because due to them, her life has many many comforts and an exceptional spectre of choices.
Metaphorically speaking, she runs with a Ferrari, while others run with Fiat and others go on foot. Who goes first to reach the goal? It's not the fault/problem of the Ferrari driver if she goes first, she had the best means to win...
I am trying though to say (and explain myself) that I don't admire her for managing to run a house, a business, be a good housewife, businesswoman and socialite princess, etc. as I think that the billions certainly do miracles to a large extent, they make life more easy and everything is flowing, remember?.... The majority of women do all this because c'est la vie and they don't get any credit for their hard work, why shoud get MC?
However, I respect her way of thinking and acting!._
Yes, she has limits and she knows how to keep in balance and think in a creative way(and that is what I find interesting in her life and I follow her). That's for sure. You are absolutely right about the many rich and famous, their empty useless lives and the flirt with drugs. But all these people din not have problems in their growing up?

OK, she knows how to manage her money but she had an exceptional role model for this, her father who made a fortune out of nothing. Her parents did not grow up in super rich families. I think that's the secret in MC's case, she was taught to have limits and values and respect them, she lived in balance as a child and managed to create it in her own family.

I remember her in an interview in the greek Life and Style saying that her parents taught her values that she wants to teach also to her own kids, that money is a power you have to respect and that she is not an experience hunter but she loves a calm life.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I'd bet the house that some members here would be positively gloating if MC's business (or marriage) went bust.

Goodness I am the gambling type and still would not want to bet the
house on anything like that.
Still I agree with most everything Emmeilia said.
For me it extends to something beyond MCs upbringing and successes.
I like her sense of style but her willingness to sit down with every media
outlet that is ready to speak with her, imho, is so contrary to what a
princess (even through marriage) should be.
There was a time when they made the newspapers when they were born, married and when they passed. These days MC is all over the place talking too much about what is going on in her life.
There are barriers in the royal world that have been taken down in the last few years. Having a princess involved in a retail business is a bit more than I can tolerate at this point. Perhaps in another generation things will become more democratic but for my royal family, I'd prefer that they stay royal for as long as it is possible.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:35 AM
Royal Highness

Odette, the reason the barriers were taken down is that the world is now a village due to the rapidity which we receive news and want to know more about many subjects. If people are interested in MC it´s because she is an interesting person, a beautiful woman, who happened tyo marry a prince, a modern person and mother. Maybe people are not so interested in other royal persons.
You speak of times when princesses just made the news when they were born etc..If it were still like that we wouldn´t be here in this forum, because there would be very few things if naught to discuss. Thanks to God times have changed, so we have the opportunity to be here and get to know so many people and discuss so many topics.
Just think, if MC stayed at home and just lived a social life, she certainly would be put down for it.
Let´s be fair, this woman is not allowed anything at all!!!!!
Old 10-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I agree with you so very much,it's so hard for some people to accept MC's success,each one for their own reasons
Old 10-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Gentry

Article about Marie Chantal and table manners for children
Should we still mind about table manners? - Times Online
Old 10-02-2009, 10:33 PM
Heir Apparent

I really like the fact that Marie-Chantal seems to place a lot of importance on spending as much time as possible with all of her children, together as a family. She seems to be an excellent mother.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:22 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

Out of the blue there have been a few posts attacking Marie Chantal for reasons totally unrelated to her current events.
As those posts have no relevance to the thread topic, they have been removed.

Warren
Greek RF moderator
Old 10-15-2009, 03:26 AM
Administrator

Pic 14.10.2009

Princess Marie-Chantal and Prince Pavlos of Greece attend the
Tatler 300th Anniversary Party, at Lancaster House on October
14, 2009 in London, England.

-----> Pic
Old 10-15-2009, 01:21 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
Thank you so much once again to iceflower who always makes me happy by finding and posting always again new photos of my favourite Greek royals
Forgot to add that it´s such a relief to me that MC and Pavlos are still married and a loving couple.
Well, technically, they aren't Royals as Greece has abolished the monarchy.
I see the marriage of Pavlos and Marie-Chantal as a business arrangement, his family gets the cash, she gets the cushy title.

Sorry, but my views on the Greek "Royals" have changed. When you pretend to love Greece and it's customs so much, but deny one of your family members to actually marry a Greek because they are rather penniless, then you tend to lose respect. Or you should. :)
Old 10-15-2009, 01:34 PM
Nobility

Do you know personally such a denial or you talk about rumors circulating for years?

Closed Thread

Tags
marie-chantal, pavlos