The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece > Crown Prince Pavlos, Marie Chantal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 07:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
Does anyone know where MC and Pavlos spent the Christmas holiday? I know they usually accompany the rest of the GRF to Denmark to celebrate with Queen Anne Marie's family, however, I haven't seen any family group photos yet and usually there are some distributed by now.
I was wondering the same thing. I have been checking the DRF threads, but there are no group photos in the thread. I also find it strange that we have not seen their Christmas card yet. Perhaps they stayed in London this year? I would imagine that it could be difficult to travel with a young baby.

Old 12-31-2008, 06:35 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

The lengthy discussion of Prince Nikolaus (and others) eye colour has been moved to the Royal Eye Colour thread in Royal Chit Chat.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:39 PM
Serene Highness

Now that the holidays are over, has anyone heard anything on baptism plans?
Old 01-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Royal Highness

I also find it strange that this year there was not a Christmas card.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Marie-Chantal has recently designed a tiara for an online auction that will benefit teen programs offered by the New York Public Libraries.

Here is a link that talks about the program (scroll down):

The End To Dear 'Diaries' Series

Here is a link that shows the tiara (scroll down):

My Sarah Palin Tiara is the Best! - Political Machine

I'm not so wild about her design, but I am pleased to see her working with such a great organization.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Royal Highness

Let's hope that someone blind will attend the auction and finally buy it
Old 01-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Royal Highness

I don't think that Marie Chantal's is that bad! I mean, the Sarah Palin one was way worse, and that horrid make-up one!
Old 01-09-2009, 09:24 PM
Serene Highness

Jajajaja!.
I could buy it but i don´t need buttons,but if it would be zippers...it is different
Old 01-11-2009, 06:58 AM
Royal Highness

MC´s tiara doesn´t appeal to me, but it is indeed different!
Old 01-11-2009, 09:22 AM
Royal Highness

To be honest,I didn't understand why would anybody buy these tiaras?I mean for what purpose?Are they worth keeping them in a private collection or desplaying them in a gallery or something?Because the only thing I'm sure of is that these tiaras cannot be worn by anybody-except for the chance that one of this tiaras could be a good investment for the Carnival period,which is close :chicken: I mean,the organization will take the money for its purposes,but the person who will finally buy the tiara,what is he going to do with it?
Old 01-12-2009, 12:25 PM
Royal Highness

Iakynthi I can assure you none of those tiaras would be worn or seen in Rio´s Carnaval.
Like you, I don´t understand their purpose.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:38 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't know for sure, but I imagine that those who bid on these tiaras are doing it because they may be a fan of the designers and want to donate money. I would be really surprised if anyone actually wears these tiaras. They will probably end up in a drawer somewhere. IMO, the best thing that the bidders could do would be to donate the tiara back to the NY Public Library for their collections.

I would like to know if any of the designers (MC included) actually designed the tiaras themselves, or if they just came up with the concept.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:55 PM
Courtier

I thought the designer of the Sarah Palin one had a great sense of humor.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:04 PM
Nobility

As we are discussing MC's design abilities, I can share this link

Petite Alma Holiday Cards, Announcements & Invitations at Tiny Prints

It says that one of the first collections of Marie Chantal clothing was designed by a former designer of French brand Bonpoint (which is not a surprise to me, it is very much the same style in fact). In fact I've always thought that MC was better in business that in real creativity, but that's my impression.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for the link, Sita! I have also been under the impression that MC was more of the business force behind her label than the actual designer.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Marie-Chantal was named one of the godparents for the daughter of India Hicks (Prince Charles' god-daughter) and David Flint Wood.
One of the other godparents is Christian Louboutin, shoe designer.

5th item down:

RICHARD KAY: A sequel to Domino's tragic life | Mail Online
Old 01-29-2009, 02:52 PM
Aristocracy

sgl,thanks for the links.MC is certainly very talented at the business-end.I read that her art work tends to be pop-art,not my favorite genre.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:42 AM
Nobility

This week's hello magazine has a big article about Domino's baptism with lots of pictures of MC
Old 01-30-2009, 07:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlene View Post
This week's hello magazine has a big article about Domino's baptism with lots of pictures of MC
Is this the current issue with the Obamas on the cover? What is the date of the issue? I'd like to get a copy.

Here is a recent article that mentions the food Marie-Chantal served at a party:

Julia Reed: Cheney Had the Blueberries, I Had the Chocolate Mousse | wowOwow

Unfortunately, it doesn't sound very good.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:13 AM
Gentry

Smile

Hi, I actually bought it last week. It is issue Number 1055 of HELLO January 20th, 2009

Closed Thread

Tags
marie-chantal, pavlos