The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece > Crown Prince Pavlos, Marie Chantal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 04:00 PM
Gentry

i'm from ecuador and not all of us are indians, most of the people of my country is a mix between indias/cholos/negros/montubios and spanish.. marie chantal ecuadorian family comes from nobol, a very poor rural area in the coast of the conutry and the peoples there are either a montubios or a mix(mestizo), but not indians (they only lives in the mountains). for me she does not look like indian at all, bus definitevely she looks like a mestiza which is a totally differnet race

Old 08-09-2007, 05:34 PM
Gentry

Question

gaby1985: From what I read Montubios are not an ethnicity. The people just call themselves that. However they are a mixtures of different ethnicities European, Indigenous & African. Plus most people intermarry so some people have more Indigenous blood other more African or more European.

It is obvious (to me) that MC, her sisters and her daughter have indigenous ancestry just by looking at them. Pia and Alex take more after their mom while MC takes more after her dad. I guess Mrs. Miller has "strong blood" (like my grandmother used to say) because her granddaughter inherited some of her features.

Old 08-09-2007, 06:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffir View Post
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/7...an10014fo5.jpg

In this one she's looking very Indian, like her grandmother (indigenous peoples of Ecuador, not the country India)!
I'm not particularly fond of that pose... it's too grown up for an eleven-year-old. If she was 14 or 15 it would be different, but she looks kind of odd in it. I hope they're not trying to make her grow up too fast.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:58 PM
Commoner

I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza View Post
i really love MC's fashion choices but the pink dress is alittle ill fitting on her...like she's put on some weight.
I think the dress is for a tall women and I don't believe she's very tall.miaamor
Old 08-09-2007, 10:30 PM
Commoner

I Don't agree!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffir View Post
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/7...an10014fo5.jpg

In this one she's looking very Indian, like her grandmother (indigenous peoples of Ecuador, not the country India)!
I think Olimpia looks very pretty; what ever her ethnic background maybe!!!.miaamor
Old 08-10-2007, 09:04 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaby1985 View Post
i'm from ecuador and not all of us are indians, most of the people of my country is a mix between indias/cholos/negros/montubios and spanish.. marie chantal ecuadorian family comes from nobol, a very poor rural area in the coast of the conutry and the peoples there are either a montubios or a mix(mestizo), but not indians (they only lives in the mountains). for me she does not look like indian at all, bus definitevely she looks like a mestiza which is a totally differnet race
Ah, thanks for that explanation. I thought "mestiza" just meant "mixture."
Old 08-19-2007, 10:18 AM
Nobility

Alex B.'s Miller Sisters Message Board: Pavlos&MC
Another great picture from L&Style last May. MC's embroidered shirt in pic above is from Melissa Obadash. Probably the stylist of the shooting brought it. I find it beautiful.
We had no detailed coments about what was said in the article ; could somenone who speaks greek translate it ? I just remember someone said the family intended to stop taking their car in London because of their new awareness of climate change. Maybe one day we will have some pics of the family cycling to school... (for some reason I find it hard to believe). Or there will be biological fibers and dyes in Mariechantal's collections . I hope I am wrong to smile...
Also, thank you Gaby 1985 for your information about Ecuador people. People have been writing for years about the Miller family and nobody I think gave these precise and interesting info.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:38 AM
Administrator

Thanks for posting the link to the two additional pics of the family photoshooting, sita780!
I like them both, the typical couple pic of Pavlos and Marie-Chantal and the wonderful close up,
it's interesting that their pics always have that similar, very elegant style, that's very nice as it's
different from other official royal pictures that are taken.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:03 PM
Nobility

Well, with relation to the greek in the above photos, I provide you with a quick translation:
1st photo: Like not even a day has passed. Pavlos and Marie Chantal declare themselves loved and happy as never.

2nd photo: Sceptical. Marie Chantal finds it hard to think what more she could ask from life.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:20 PM
Nobility

Thank you Emmeleia. I like the first comment...as I happened to have a look at some 1995 wedding pics of my collection today...
Old 08-29-2007, 05:54 PM
Aristocracy

A Greek tabloid had a major headline about Pavlos, who in the party he recently threw (was it his birthday?) supposedly made an open and rather abrupt move on the daughter of a Greek tycoon (Niarchos I think), despite the presence of MC there. The tabloid said, the whole of the guests were talking about it stunned, and that in general he has the rumor of a rather unrepented womanizer. Anyone heared of that..?
Old 08-30-2007, 04:15 AM
Nobility

On this thread you can see that MC and Pavlos spent their summer holidays in Greece with members of the GRF :
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...a-11331-7.html
Old 08-30-2007, 06:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamta View Post
A Greek tabloid had a major headline about Pavlos, who in the party he recently threw (was it his birthday?) supposedly made an open and rather abrupt move on the daughter of a Greek tycoon (Niarchos I think), despite the presence of MC there. The tabloid said, the whole of the guests were talking about it stunned, and that in general he has the rumor of a rather unrepented womanizer. Anyone heared of that..?
I had heard through various ppl that he was indeed a womanizer (and that he was carrying on w more than one woman outside his marriage). Whether this is true or not, who knows. But I never heard of anything as blatant as this. Not that I doubt it.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:56 AM
Nobility

Constantine and Pavlos visited devastated villages in Greece. More if you can read Greek...
The Greek Royal Family - Home Page
Old 09-22-2007, 06:46 AM
Nobility

The winter collection has just been put online on MC's website. There are also new magazine clips :

Marie Chantal - Magazine Clips

Click on ES magazine July 07, and you will know what and when MC cooks by herself, and all about the family's many dogs. No new pic, though...
Old 09-26-2007, 04:37 PM
Administrator

Pics 25.9.2007

Tim Jeffries and Prince Pavlos of Greece attend the private view of
'Helmut Newton: Big Newton', at the Hamiltons Gallery on September
25, 2007 in London:

* Pic 1 ** Pic 2 *
Old 09-26-2007, 05:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Tim Jeffries and Prince Pavlos of Greece attend the private view of
'Helmut Newton: Big Newton', at the Hamiltons Gallery on September
25, 2007 in London:

* Pic 1 ** Pic 2 *
I've just packed on an extra dress size from this Eye Candy! Thanks tons, Ice. Two gorgeous men to gaze at on a dreary afternoon.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:13 PM
Aristocracy

MC didn┤t attend Valentino┤s show.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit View Post
Marie Chantal is a very stylish and poised woman. I wouldn't call her beautiful, but she really holds herself well.
She is neither stylish nor beautiful. She just has an arrogant look which is not matched by substance. By the way, in Greece, unilike King Constantine's chidlren that are well liked, she is the target of constant ridicule by the Greek Media, and the satirical columnist Pandora of the prestigious Athenian daily TO VIMA, calls her Maria-Kanella, kanella being the Greek word for cinnamon and the first name of many a homely woman in the Greek countryside.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by olili View Post
MC didn┤t attend Valentino┤s show.
how do you know? its his last show. suprising she didnt since shes been at almost every of his shows