The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece > Crown Prince Pavlos, Marie Chantal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 07:15 AM
Aristocracy

In spanish forum I read that Prince Pavlos is deaf. This week MC appears in ¡Hola! magazine.

Old 12-05-2006, 08:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by olili
In spanish forum I read that Prince Pavlos is deaf. This week MC appears in ¡Hola! magazine.
Ohhh come on don´t belive what the gossip press are writing about the royal familys her in europ.

Old 12-05-2006, 10:55 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by olili
Really? I've never heard a hint of this. He can't be completely deaf unless it came on suddenly as he has an eloquent speaking voice. Partially deaf, maybe? Did they explain more about this alledged deafness? I did hear he was ill about a year ago but I never heard any further details. Maybe the deafness is a result of it.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Crown Prince Pavlos of Greece and his wife Crown Princess Marie Chantal of Greece attend a private party to celebrate the 80th birthday of Queen Elizabeth II at the Ritz Hotel on December 5, 2006 in London, England - picture
Old 12-06-2006, 09:44 AM
Nobility

Thank you dazzling, I love furry things on MC although, I know fur is, well, fur... but it really suits her. Hope we'll see more of this outfit. This picture is full of joy with the lovely tree. Does someone think (like me) that Pavlos has really been looking particularly radiant and happy in the last months ??
Old 12-06-2006, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sita780
Thank you dazzling, I love furry things on MC although, I know fur is, well, fur... but it really suits her. Hope we'll see more of this outfit. This picture is full of joy with the lovely tree. Does someone think (like me) that Pavlos has really been looking particularly radiant and happy in the last months ??
she does look really good, love the hair, its a change from leaving it open. she looks radiant. Love the short jacket, very elegent.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:55 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks, Dazzling, for the photo. Pavlos does look very happy. I don't think he's looked that good lately. I like MC's purse. Why was QEII celebrating her birthday now? I thought that was done over the summer.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:22 PM
Courtier

MC compared with Helen Taylor

Helen is four years older than MC but in my opinion looks much younger in her face than MC. Interesting how people age.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie
Helen is four years older than MC but in my opinion looks much younger in her face than MC. Interesting how people age.
Despite all the youth-enhancing products out there, aging is mostly a genetic lottery. Other factors come into it, of course, but when you get right down to it, it's mostly genetic. MC's dad actually looks really young for his age, yet her mom looks considerably older.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:53 PM
Aristocracy

They are all very well groomed and look the best that they can;some people really go all out using every age-defying product,surgery or treatment out there,while others are more relaxed and just want to look good for their age and not "young"... looking healthy and refreshed...

And as for Pavlos being deaf,this is the first time that I've heard of it and I don't know what to believe! I know of a few people who are deaf or are partially deaf and if the condition was something that they were born with,a certain speech impediment exists because in spite of hearing aids,or whatever type of aid,the dead person cannot hear the nuances of proper pronunciation.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Princess Marie Chantal of Greece Queen Elizabeth II's 80th Birthday Party, The Ritz Hotel, London, Britain - 05 Dec 2006 - picture

Great picture, lovely smile.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:16 AM
Aristocracy

She does look great and I do really love her hair up.....
Old 12-07-2006, 10:40 AM
Aristocracy

I think I have asked this before....I realise the greek royal family christmas cards are in the Greek Royal Website....however does anyone know if Pavlos and MC take separate photos for their own Christmas Cards and if so where can they be found.....
Old 12-07-2006, 03:06 PM
Serene Highness

Great picture, Dazzling. I really think she looks pretty when she smiles.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:30 PM
Nobility

For those who liked MC's shoes at the H&G party (I hated them, but I understand many people loved her very modern outfit). It's the Miss Boxe wedges by Louboutin.
http://www.net-a-porter.com/Shop/Des...ouboutin/Shoes

Can't wait for the danish gathering for Christmas. Do you think there will be photos ? Do the Danish usually do this for Xmas ??
Old 12-12-2006, 02:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sita780
For those who liked MC's shoes at the H&G party (I hated them, but I understand many people loved her very modern outfit). It's the Miss Boxe wedges by Louboutin.
http://www.net-a-porter.com/Shop/Des...ouboutin/Shoes

Can't wait for the danish gathering for Christmas. Do you think there will be photos ? Do the Danish usually do this for Xmas ??
Wow, even if I had the $$$ I wouldn't pay so much for shoes. Thanks for the link, though.

Does MC and her family spend every Xmas with her in-laws and their family (The Danish RF). What about time with her sisters and her own parents?
Old 12-12-2006, 02:41 PM
Nobility

There is a new pic of MC there (party at Anabel's). I just love this classic look, but she's not favouring this at the moment.
http://members4.boardhost.com/alexb2...165883206.html

As for Bella's question, I understand Queen Margrethe invited everyone this year exceptionnally, all her sisters and their families, isn't it a dream??? MC says in the recent swedish interview that she was impatient and happy to go there. Although in an older interview (which one???) I had read that she insisted to spend all her Xmasss with her family, that she made it clear before she got married, and she said it was her understanding of a pre-nuptial agreement. Which is probably not completely true (...!), but elegantly said.
Also I read the traditionnal meal for Miller Xmass is goose, and also smoked salmon, and they dress in a casual chalet style (when in Gsaadt).
Old 12-13-2006, 02:56 PM
Commoner

thank's for the picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling
Princess Marie Chantal of Greece Queen Elizabeth II's 80th Birthday Party, The Ritz Hotel, London, Britain - 05 Dec 2006 - picture

Great picture, lovely smile.
thank's but she looks older whit all that make up, the fur is ugly.thank's miaamor
Old 12-13-2006, 04:12 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks, Sita780 for the link and the answer about the Xmas holidays. Now that all of MCs sisters and their children are living in England, it's probably easier to get together with them.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:31 PM
Nobility

Hurrah ! There is a great poster here ...
http://members4.boardhost.com/alexb2...166461585.html

...who found the GRMB 2006 Christmas Card (photo taken last August in Greece, like someone had guessed on our board).

Closed Thread