The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece > Crown Prince Pavlos, Marie Chantal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by olili
Pavlos and marie Chantal went to a party.
Thanks olili here are some more pics, the party has been the launch party for Crabtree and Evelyn's 'India Hicks Island Living' range in London on 22 Nov 2006 - picturedesk

Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4

Old 11-26-2006, 05:10 PM
Courtier

Moved

Whenever I see them both together I´m kind of moved. One of the only couples who´s marriage is permanent and constant....(My brother married one week after them and is divorced since January 1998 - without any children....)

Old 11-27-2006, 08:44 AM
Courtier

I really do believe they're in love and content with each other. I don't believe they married for any other reason then that they found their soul mate in each other.

their ease and love around each other is very evident and i love to see pictures of them together - they make a very handsome couple.

Plus what lovely children - let's give them due credit.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:06 PM
Nobility

Nice to read this on boards at last ! I d agree with every word you wrote Eliza and Stephanie. Thnk
Old 11-27-2006, 04:17 PM
Commoner

Yes! I love them and their style and their devotion to their family!
Old 11-28-2006, 03:54 PM
Aristocracy

Pictures of Marie Chantal and Family in London

http://i17.tinypic.com/2czovlt.jpg
Old 11-28-2006, 04:05 PM
Commoner

I don't know why people are always quick to criticise MCs image. she's a good mother. I think she's unpopular for being a billionaire's daughter. People have to undertand that she works realy hard. It's not al parties and fun. She ca juggle runing a successful enterprise and being a wife and mother. She's spectacular!
Old 11-28-2006, 04:39 PM
Aristocracy

I agree with you. I like them very much
Old 11-29-2006, 04:12 AM
Nobility

I agree with you both. I think many people just suffer from considering her example because it seems unjust to them to be that gifted. And injustice is difficult to bear, that is normal, so they try to convince themselves that this marriage is a business, that MC is a zero etc (see some other boards). I do not want to blame these people, but I feel it is more interesting to see what these gifted people do with their life, and what example they bring to the public (as they know they are public persons). In that respect I think the GRF as a whole is a beautiful example of "what do you do when you loose a kingdom", which is quite an extreme experience. I did not loose a kingdom yet, but as a young working and married mum I have found inspiration many times in what MC and Anne Marie said or did. And I feel quite grateful for that, strange and paradoxical as it may seem...
Old 11-29-2006, 05:19 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

they are a beautiful family, find them very down to earth people.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:42 PM
Commoner

MC herself has said many times that it was very lucky/fortunate that her father was able to make the money he did with his business. She has also stated that 'it is hard to make money' (regarding the clothing business) so I do think that she realizes that she is blessed and fortunate in that respect. I think people just get jealous sometimes of her lifestyle. People criticize her for having housekeepers or help but who wouldn't have help if they had that many children and the means to do so? I know that I would hire domestic help in a heartbeat if I was able to! She also gives a lot of her money to good causes, many of which we probably never hear about because that is giving in the true sense. . .without the need for recognititon or praise. . .just to give because you can.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:13 PM
Aristocracy

Old 11-29-2006, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Prince Pavlos and Princess Marie Chantal of Greece Launch party for Crabtree and Evelyn's 'India Hicks Island Living' range, London 22 Nov 2006 - pictures

Prince Pavlos and Princess Marie Chantal of Greece Donna Karen Gold - Launch Party - Inside Arrivals Donna Karen Store London, Great Britain November 16, 2006 - pictures

Horst: Platinum private view, London, Britain - 28 Nov 2006 - pictures
Old 11-29-2006, 02:19 PM
Courtier

I've got to admit, that my personal impression of her was a bit colored by some of the things that have been posted here. I've been reading some other things about her, interviews that have been posted here and other sites, and she seems to be a level headed type of person.
I don't think she is pretty, and some of the things that she wears are a bit over the top for my taste, almost like she is trying to hard to dress the part. But she portrays herself to be a person who is grounded and does not expect things to be handed to her on a silver platter. She seems to like to work for her money and takes pride in doing so.
I just wish she would use a tad bit more mascara or liner around her eyes so she would not look so plain all the time, but that is just my opinion.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa
I've got to admit, that my personal impression of her was a bit colored by some of the things that have been posted here. I've been reading some other things about her, interviews that have been posted here and other sites, and she seems to be a level headed type of person.
I don't think she is pretty, and some of the things that she wears are a bit over the top for my taste, almost like she is trying to hard to dress the part. But she portrays herself to be a person who is grounded and does not expect things to be handed to her on a silver platter. She seems to like to work for her money and takes pride in doing so.
I just wish she would use a tad bit more mascara or liner around her eyes so she would not look so plain all the time, but that is just my opinion.
You do make some very good points.

I think she likes doing buisness because she just does not want to be known as Pavols's wife and she is doing a great job with her buisness. she also seems to act like a normal person, i mean she does not seem to be snobby but a shy person.

I do agree that she should wear some make-up,she does look a bit too plain
Old 12-02-2006, 08:11 PM
Commoner

thank's

Quote:
Originally Posted by sita780
Oh that was a joke. I just feel it takes off the magic... To be fogiven I send you a link where to hear MC's voice. Play the small video about Valentino's career...

http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jh...2341&catID=155&
Thank You very much , I think M.C. have a beauthifull voice and She looks kind of shive but She speacks very well in public.miaamor
Old 12-03-2006, 07:40 AM
Aristocracy

In Spain is talking about King George I and descendants belongings´auction. Spanish newspapers are said that King Constantine needs money.

You can read the details about this on Greek web site.
http://www.greekroyalfamily.org/inde...ews&ItemID=201
http://www.greekroyalfamily.org/inde...ews&ItemID=202
Old 12-03-2006, 12:03 PM
Nobility

For Berlen or any spanish poster, could we know roughly about the content of the article you last posted (with P and MC shopping).
Is it to understand that a shop will be opened in Paris ? Are there details about the whole set of pictures (I mean, I can't sort out the whole story, there are pics with Sybilla of Lux., and P&MC in a car, and P with nanny and the 4 kids...all seems to be on the same day. Maybe the journalist said a word about it) ?

Also, for those who read the Telegraph article about the auction, it is said that the family lives on Cheyne Walk, which could be guessed when looking at a London map (because of the view over the Thames). The house must really be extraordinary. This auction story is quite confusing. The official website seems very "politically correct", so I guess we just have to wait in order to understand more. Probably nothing to rejoice about anyway...they will appreciate their big family gathering in Denmark for Xmas...
Old 12-03-2006, 01:08 PM
Aristocracy

She wiil be opened a shop in Paris and in L. A. soon (the spanish article)
Old 12-03-2006, 04:15 PM
Nobility

Thank you Olili.