The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece > Crown Prince Pavlos, Marie Chantal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 03:30 PM
Nobility

Queen AM said last summer in her big 60st Bday interview that the kids do not go to the Hellenic college, because their parents chose an english school instead.

Old 11-20-2006, 06:19 PM
Courtier

Hellenic College

Wasn´t if founded by A-M and C? Sounds as if it isn´t really recognized as a "official" school. MC might not want to let her kids educate in a school where they might get problems with the examination to become recognized.

Old 11-20-2006, 11:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie
Wasn´t if founded by A-M and C? Sounds as if it isn´t really recognized as a "official" school. MC might not want to let her kids educate in a school where they might get problems with the examination to become recognized.
The Hellenic College was an 'official' school, but it was very small. This past summer it was sold and it's now called The Knightsbridge School. Prince Nikolaos is one of the governors.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:20 AM
Serene Highness

Even if they didn't attend a Hellenic school, they could be privately tutored. Though I'm sure (hope) they have been educated on their history and country (albeit former) by their grandfather.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella
Even if they didn't attend a Hellenic school, they could be privately tutored. Though I'm sure (hope) they have been educated on their history and country (albeit former) by their grandfather.
I remember reading a few years ago, that her children have a private tutor who teachs them the greek language and obviouesly they'd have someone teaching them the history of the country if theyre taking up the language
Old 11-21-2006, 02:20 PM
Nobility

For those who like me loved the jumper in last Seegerpress pictures...(fitted to flatter the figure, comfy rollneck, pleats to give substance to shoulders without paddings; 3/4 sleeves to show a fine wrist and lighten the whole thing...wow MC !) I just wish there were a cheaper version...

http://www.net-a-porter.com/Shop/Des...acobs/Clothing
Old 11-21-2006, 03:06 PM
Aristocracy

Thank you very much. I think that my mum is knitting me. Nobody know what designer is MC´s bag.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:47 AM
Royal Highness

I didn't know the Hellenic school was sold. Interesting.

I also wondered this about their house - the furniture looks expensive, there are no personal belongings in the rooms. Are the kids allowed to play in these rooms or are they confined to their play room? Are these rooms even used for family purposes or are they "roped off" and for display only?
Old 11-22-2006, 10:12 AM
Nobility

I do agree, it does not look like a family house. Although I recognise the big mirror in the entrance hall from a previous house (the lovely NY one decorated by Peter Marino).
Old 11-22-2006, 10:41 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168
Are the kids allowed to play in these rooms or are they confined to their play room? Are these rooms even used for family purposes or are they "roped off" and for display only?
We obviously don't really know but I'm betting the rooms featured in the magazine are "adults only" rooms. When I grew up we had a formal livingrm & diningrm and we were absolutely never allowed in there except for holidays and special occasions and only under the watchful eye of an adult. It was pretty standard policy with my friends and neighbors. I have a feeling MC was probably raised the same way and so are her children.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by olili
Thank you very much. I think that my mum is knitting me. Nobody know what designer is MC´s bag.
Barbara06 kindly informed that Marie-Chantal's bag is Louise Vuitton and it costs + 2.000 €.
Thank you Barbara!
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 11-23-2006, 01:57 PM
Aristocracy

Pavlos and marie Chantal went to a party.

http://new2.isifa.com/tools/get_prev...p?idp=13032031
http://new2.isifa.com/tools/get_prev...p?idp=13032032
http://new2.isifa.com/tools/get_prev...p?idp=13032033
Old 11-23-2006, 03:36 PM
Nobility

Thank you Olili, I like it when MC is NOT in black for a party. It is so much more fun !
Old 11-24-2006, 11:07 AM
Serene Highness

Thank you, Olili, for the photos. I like to see MC dressed a bit more "up" than just jeans, but she can't be in gowns all the time. Pavlos still looks unusually thin.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

nice pictures but sometimes i think MC should wear some make-up especially when she is at parties, that all natural look does not always work, some blush or lip color wont hurt
Old 11-25-2006, 05:19 AM
Nobility

I agree with you all, I said I like it when MC is not in black and wears funnier things. But I also do think princes and princesses should never be seen in jeans...quite radical, I know...
Old 11-25-2006, 05:25 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sita780
I agree with you all, I said I like it when MC is not in black and wears funnier things. But I also do think princes and princesses should never be seen in jeans...quite radical, I know...
why shouldnt be seen in jeans? i think all royals have the right to wear jeans when its not a formal event.I mean, while shopping or going out with their children for linch etc.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:03 AM
Nobility

Oh that was a joke. I just feel it takes off the magic... To be fogiven I send you a link where to hear MC's voice. Play the small video about Valentino's career...

http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jh...2341&catID=155&
Old 11-25-2006, 11:11 AM
Nobility

I'm surprised nobody had comments about this swedish interview ...:
http://members3.boardhost.com/Oranje...163961800.html
it's full of new things, like they went to Solliden as guests of the swedish RF. And also it was nice to live in NY at first because it was not to close to the family and they could build their couple and carrier quietly... Quite a new way of talking about their family I found. Quite wise, if I may add...
Old 11-25-2006, 11:37 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sita780
I agree, jeans are so "everyday" and "everyone". I am sick of this jeans-look at every occation today.