The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 01:40 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by olili
hello
I don´t buy the magazine because I lived in Spain. Could someone scan it?.
Sorry Olili, we can't post full scans because that is a breach of copyright and could lead to the Forums and/or the poster being sued by the publishing house.

Old 10-06-2006, 02:57 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Sorry Olili, we can't post full scans because that is a breach of copyright and could lead to the Forums and/or the poster being sued by the publishing house.
A sue against whom?Who is the poster behind the nicknames,where is he,what is his age to stand in trail ?

Old 10-06-2006, 07:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona
A sue against whom?Who is the poster behind the nicknames,where is he,what is his age to stand in trail ?
A sue again TheRoyalForums, which can be resulted in the decision to close the Forum. As none of us wants that, we try not to break any copyright rules.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 10-07-2006, 01:55 AM
Commoner

Is it the US version of House and Garden that you are looking at??
Old 10-07-2006, 03:45 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona
All members have e-mail and IP registrations and both can be traced and identified by various agencies (but not by TRF), if required.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:53 AM
Nobility

Thank you so much for the information dbarn 67. Given what Warren said, can you please just describe the cover of the magazine, and give maybe its website details, so that we can order it online or recognise it on the stands ???? I am sure everybody is dying to read it !!! (well, I am)
Old 10-08-2006, 12:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, its the American version of House & Garden magazine. MC is on the cover wearing a purple Valentino dress (kind of ugly dress) holding Olympia's (her face is turned away from the camera. Also, her youngest son Odysseas is in the background toddling around. Inside the mag. on page 118 is the same pic covering two pages with Constantine 8 (whom they call "Tino"), Achileas 6(whom they call "Achi") and Odysseus.
The interview is mostly about her and her interior designer Francois Coutroux inspiration for the house in London and some tidbits about family life. She knows Mr. Coutroux because he did her parents first home in Paris and did her sisters bedrooms when they were little girls. She says they moved to London to be closer to the kids grandparents King Constantine and Queen Ann Marie and to send their children to european schools. She and Pavlos had always decided to live in London during the children's school years.
MC says this is her first grown-up house. The first she decorated in a more modern style saying she's moved away from bold colours like reds, pinks and whites in the living areas. She contemporary art on the walls by such artists as Basquiat; Damien Hirst (whom I've never heard of) and an Andy Warhol of MC when she was 16 (there's a funny story there...MC interned for AW at the Factory. One he walked up to her and asked if she wanted her portrait done. She of course said yes. He did the portrait and send a bill to her parents in Hong Kong. She got into huge trouble for that). The actual decorating is pretty nice but I dont like some of the touches like the large blue area rug in the "vast salon" that looks a too 80's for my taste. Also, there's a hideous tree branchlike chandelier in the dining area. But overall the home is very eleganty and beautiful with a lovely artistic feel. The children's rooms are not pictured neither are the master suite. But the descriiption of the children's room are as follows "the 3rd floor is the province of the children's rooms. The boys have a American style and red mattress-ticking curtains; the playroom has bunk beds in the form of a picket-fenced house.
Olympia's room, with beds swagged in pink canopies, is the former master suite. Her father says "You gave the best room in the house to you daughter what will she come to expect?" Marie says with a laugh." They have not begun to entertain in the new house. She say she amazed at the things she still needs. She thought she had tons of china but when you entertain alot
you dont want people to see the same old plate again and again.
She drives the older kids to and from school everyday. She plans on expanding a children merchandising venture into children's furniture while Pavlos runs Ortelius Capital.
Old 10-08-2006, 01:17 PM
Heir Apparent

MC's favorite things.

Game Plan: As me mentioned before they like board games and she and Olympia are the Scrabble champs of the family.

Good Clean Sun: L'oreal's Paris Sublime Glow is a good daily moisturizer with tanner. She says each time you use it the tan gets a litter darker.

Sleep on it: Twice a year she buys her sheet in white only (no colors) from E. Braun & co. on Madison Ave in NY.

Pint-sized fashing: MC says her design style is "for the mother who like to shop for herself and a children and like to be welldressed. (a smal picture of some a her merchandise.

Marking Time: Prince Pavlos her a Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date watch in 18k gold after the christening of Odysseus. House and Garden lists the price at $18,000.

Future heirlooms: She designed a version of those necklace with the little child figures in diamonds of course. Saying she its lovely having her children around her neck all the time. And a ring her mother gave her with a large pair shaped diamond and her name engraved in diamonds. Pretty ring.

Early Start: The children have their own china (Starry Skies by Emma Bridgewater) and their table is set properly for all meals. "Children need to learn that good manners start at the dining room table with thier parents.

Sensory Perception: "Perfume is so important because it becoms a signature that people remember you by..." Hers is Eau D'Hadrien by Annick Goutal $69 at Neiman Marcus.

Pictue Perfect: Silver picture frames with their logo on top highlight more official royal and family occasions. Such the official photo from her wedding; her and Pavlos form pre-wedding photo (I think its from Vanity Fair) and Pavlos christening photo and one other that not close enough for me to identify. But it looks like King Constantine christening photo (I could be wrong but thats what I think...I see Orthodox Greek priest in black).

A Creative Partnership: a pic of Marie with Francois Catroux.

Also, back to the article there's a nice pic of "Tino" and and "Achi" running aroud the back yard.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:52 PM
Nobility

Wow, thank you dbarn 67, for taking time to give so many details. Well, the hunt is on to find this magazine...
Old 10-08-2006, 06:21 PM
Aristocracy

I Found On A House & Garden Magazine And It´s Cover Is A Lamp.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:19 PM
Commoner

Smile what magazine does it have a chandler on the cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67
I just received the November issue of House & Garden magazine (the well lived life issue) and guess who's on the cover. CP Marie-Chantal and daughter Olympia. Inside is a look at her London home. But there are also some pics of the children and a look at some of MC's art collection. Also, there is a kind of MC's favorite things (ala Oprah) with some family tidbits like...the family like board games and MC says she and Olympia are the family champs. Unfortunately I dont have a scanner so cant provide the article or pics. But its should be on the newstands today. I recommend picking it up.
does this house and garden issue you recieved a subscribed issue or is it the newsstand version, because the issue posted on the website shows a red-orange cover wallpaper with what looks to be a blue chandler on it and its called the romantic lighting issue.?
miaamor
Old 10-09-2006, 11:42 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by miaamor
does this house and garden issue you recieved a subscribed issue or is it the newsstand version, because the issue posted on the website shows a red-orange cover wallpaper with what looks to be a blue chandler on it and its called the romantic lighting issue.?
miaamor
I saw the same issue (the non MC issue) yesterday when I went to look for it. Maybe MC issue will be out later in the month. I subscribe to Vanity Fair and I usually get my issue a couple of weeks before it hits the newstands.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Its the November issue. Yes I'm a subscriber (so I receive it a couple of days before it hits the newstands) but I went into Barnes & Noble in Brooklyn yesterday (Saturday Oct. 8th) and it was on their newstand. The lettering is in the same purple as MC's dress.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:35 PM
Aristocracy

I found this interview with MC. Could someone translate it?. http://www.welt.de/data/2006/09/24/1046513.html
Old 10-09-2006, 01:39 PM
Heir Apparent

House and Garden online has the Oct. issue. Why would you buy it if you can read it online. It'll probably be available online when the Dec. issue comes out. I'll let you know.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:23 PM
Nobility

Great find olili. I will try to give some insight "asap" if no german speaking person can translate better before that (...?). Seems to deal with principles in child education, and comparison between the "Royals world" and an industry with its codes and rules and networks. New stuff anyway...
Old 10-10-2006, 08:54 AM
Aristocracy

I read that the magazine is avalaible at Barnes and Noble. Could sb post it?.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:31 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by olili
I found this interview with MC. Could someone translate it?. http://www.welt.de/data/2006/09/24/1046513.html
An interesting inteview, german is not my language though....The interview is made on MC:s and her youngest son´s birthday (they have the same you know.)
Outside the house is a white party-tent for two-year-old Odyssevs and his friends. It is adorned with baloons and inside is a small table made with small chairs and small plates (later the children will be served mini-hamburgers brownies and icecream. A party-planner has arranged the whole thing under the motto:"Circus"
Discipline is essetial says MC, it makes life easier to live later. No TV an no cocacola other than on weekends. If their homework is not properly done, no dessert! She says she is a very consequent mother.
The children have a common computer, so what they are doing there can be checked. Olimpia has got her first e-mailadress but under her mother´s server. But no mail can replace a real hand-written letter.
MC says that she never googles the people she has hired, because it would feel like spying. When she was ill the other week though, she googled her symptoms and could get a diagnose before the doctor arrived.
No and then the crown-princesses (Mette-Marit, Mary, Maxima) call each other to chat.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:46 AM
Aristocracy

Thank you very much. I don´t understand the word "google" .
Old 10-10-2006, 02:08 PM
Nobility

Introduction (loosely translated)

Princess Marie-Chantal, the anti Eva Herman

In front of a villa in central London a delivery van is letting out a bouncing castle ( “Hüpfburg”?), while three ladies decorate a white tent with balloons. Inside is a small table with small chairs and small plates. One hardly remarks a red-haired man with white gloves, holding a glass of water, and keeping at a respectful distance of 3 meters.
The big silver frames in the house tell us that two respectable people live here, together with 4 even better educated children, and that they like sailing in summer, as well as wandering in snowy mountains in winter : CP Pavlos of Greece and his wife CPss MC, a style icon of new money in NY and London.
The books on shelves say “Hamptons”, “Aspen”, “Be My Guest”, Weddings of Style” or “Timeless Tiaras”. There are big sofas and space between the pieces of furniture, with true Warhols. The hostess sits there in a beige-grey cashmere suit, same color as the walls.

Closed Thread