The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece > Crown Prince Pavlos, Marie Chantal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 02:51 PM
Majesty

Pavlos and Marie-Chantal current events 2: October 2005-June 2006

Welcome to part 2 of Pavlos' and Marie-Chantal's current events thread where you can post recent news, pictures and articles. This means that old photos cannot be posted in this thread and will be deleted wihout notice to the member.

Remember to abide by the following rules as you have fun posting.

TRF Rules and Guidelines
The Attachment Rule
The Copyright Rule

The old thread can be found here.

Old 10-16-2005, 12:44 PM
Courtier

The Greek royals don't get any financial help from the Windsors at all. The Queen wouldn't even give her own sister or cousins money until she had to because of public pressure, and even now, she doesn't help them out that much. I don't think the Danes help them, either, because the Danes aren't swimming in cash.

The Greeks are reportedly funded by the rich Greek shipping families, who are supposed to give 1 million pounds a year. Constantine and Anne-Marie would have had investments to help out, but Constantine has made some mistakes with earlier investments (in the 1970s), so there's no telling how much was lost then. The money he gets from the shipping giants should be enough to have some left over for savings, though.

Old 10-16-2005, 02:35 PM
Aristocracy

Cool From what I know

is that all "first citizens" of the Hellenic state receive pensions an bonuses from the state,extra money for their children state supported cars and security,houses.....What I see here, is that My King was the head of the state for more than 5 years,of the most 'difficult years 'that this state had in it's history!He Has fought for democracy,He Helped His country any way He could!He bought a house on His own money ,after His Property was confiscated by the state He loved and served, even when He was in exile!

I just don't copy well with such a state or Iam to 'torpillo' to understand!!
Old 10-16-2005, 04:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Greek Royals at Play

www.goffinf.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Goff_Greek_161005_1.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	203747   Click image for larger version

Name:	Goff_Greek_161005_7.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	203748   Click image for larger version

Name:	Goff_Greek_161005_8.jpg
Views:	620
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	203749   Click image for larger version

Name:	Goff_Greek_161005_9.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	203750  

Name:	Goff_Greek_161005_13.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	203751   Click image for larger version

Name:	Goff_Greek_161005_15.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	203752   Click image for larger version

Name:	Goff_Greek_161005_18.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	203753  
Old 10-16-2005, 06:02 PM
Courtier

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly9480
The Greek royals don't get any financial help from the Windsors at all. The Queen wouldn't even give her own sister or cousins money until she had to because of public pressure, and even now, she doesn't help them out that much. I don't think the Danes help them, either, because the Danes aren't swimming in cash.

The Greeks are reportedly funded by the rich Greek shipping families, who are supposed to give 1 million pounds a year. Constantine and Anne-Marie would have had investments to help out, but Constantine has made some mistakes with earlier investments (in the 1970s), so there's no telling how much was lost then. The money he gets from the shipping giants should be enough to have some left over for savings, though.
Why can't they work just like any of us? Wouldn't it make sense for them to stop asking for money and do something on their own? Are they so above others that they cannot work. I would be so embarrassed to ask for money to live well. Not in this country.

Just an opinion. No harm intended.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:19 PM
Aristocracy

Why can't they work?.....well because someone named Konstantine is still living in the past and fails to realize that they will probably not ever reign again in Greece. Hell will freeze first. Therefore, he never instilled the idea into his kids that you must work like the rest of the common folks. For people to belive that Pavlos and Nikoalas toil away at real jobs, is just assinine. Alexia seems to be the one family member who works diligently. Hopefully, this younger generation will be brought up with the idea that one must be educated and work. I have no doubt that Alexia and Carlos's children will be totally normal. For everything that can be said about the Miller family, at least Robert Miller(MC's dad) is a self made man and earned every penny. He's not an adult male who is dependent on others.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:50 PM
Courtier

I don't think Constantine "asks" for the money. He was supported by the Shah until the coup in 1979, and that was apparently a gift. Since then, the rich Greeks have stumped up the cash, apparently because they like the connections and some may feel an obligation. But Constantine doesn't actually ask anyone for cash (though he never refuses it, either).
Old 10-17-2005, 03:07 AM
Nobility

THANKS FOR THE PICS :) :) :)
Old 10-17-2005, 03:08 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve
Why can't they work just like any of us? Wouldn't it make sense for them to stop asking for money and do something on their own? Are they so above others that they cannot work. I would be so embarrassed to ask for money to live well. Not in this country.

Just an opinion. No harm intended.

They do work dear...But you can't understand their work!!
Old 10-17-2005, 03:56 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by paloma
Why can't they work?.....well because someone named Konstantine is still living in the past and fails to realize that they will probably not ever reign again in Greece. Hell will freeze first. Therefore, he never instilled the idea into his kids that you must work like the rest of the common folks. For people to belive that Pavlos and Nikoalas toil away at real jobs, is just assinine. Alexia seems to be the one family member who works diligently. Hopefully, this younger generation will be brought up with the idea that one must be educated and work. I have no doubt that Alexia and Carlos's children will be totally normal. For everything that can be said about the Miller family, at least Robert Miller(MC's dad) is a self made man and earned every penny. He's not an adult male who is dependent on others.
You spoke like a true villager!!
Old 10-17-2005, 05:50 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo
You spoke like a true villager!!

Are you being a smart ass? If so, it is not appreciated.

I don't happen to agree with your sycophantic admiration of them. That is all. Have a good evening.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly9480

Not true. The Queen was very generous to Anne-Marie, Constantine and their children when they finally came to London to settle. Anne-Marie also has a trust fund from her father and has received help from her sister when necessary. They were never very wealthy, but today are quite well off.

In later years, very wealthy Greek industrialists, like Latsis and Onassis, funneled money to Constantine as a matter of pride and dignity. The old Colonels were corrupt as well so that's the way it was handled in Greece. In addition, Robert Miller reportedly paid Constantine a dowry of $30 million when Marie-Chantel married Pavlos. She certainly is a very wealthy woman in her own right, so I don't think we have to worry too much about the kids starving.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by paloma
Well, Pavlos and Nicholas both have worked real jobs in banking and communications and they are well-educated. I doubt Pavlos does much now, since he is very wealthy as the husband of an heiress and they have a big family.

Who knows what Nicholas does? I doubt it's anything particularly lucrative or fulfilling.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
Well, Pavlos and Nicholas both have worked real jobs in banking and communications and they are well-educated. I doubt Pavlos does much now, since he is very wealthy as the husband of an heiress and they have a big family.

Who knows what Nicholas does? I doubt it's anything particularly lucrative or fulfilling.
Nikolaos previously held a job at Fox News in New York City.

Last I heard, he was working for the King in his office, but I'm not sure doing what exactly.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:32 AM
Nobility

news pics of Marie Chantal in London :) :) (from cover)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CAKFAXQH.jpg
Views:	488
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	203862   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAHL73QW.jpg
Views:	571
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	203863  
Old 10-18-2005, 10:56 PM
Royal Highness

I thought Pavlos was very successful in his own right with his business in New York.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:14 AM
Nobility

more pics of Marie Chantal and Pavlos in Athens (from Newscom) :) :) :) :)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	spnphotos222312.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	204064   Click image for larger version

Name:	spnphotos222313.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	204065   Click image for larger version

Name:	spnphotos222314.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	204066   Click image for larger version

Name:	spnphotos222315.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	204067  

Name:	spnphotos222316.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	204068   Click image for larger version

Name:	spnphotos222311.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	204069   Click image for larger version

Name:	spnphotos222310.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	204070   Click image for larger version

Name:	spnphotos222309.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	204071  

Name:	spnphotos222307.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	204072  
Old 10-19-2005, 02:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
Not true. The Queen was very generous to Anne-Marie, Constantine and their children when they finally came to London to settle. Anne-Marie also has a trust fund from her father and has received help from her sister when necessary. They were never very wealthy, but today are quite well off.
No she wasn't. EIIR has never given them money or even a place to live (and she's got plenty of grace and favour residences she could have let them stay in for a time) -- she wouldn't even give her sister or cousins money in the 70s when the Greeks moved to Britain.

Constantine went into exile with a trust fund from his family that established their residence in London. Anne-Marie also has money from her trust funds, but Constantine made at least one bad investment in the late 70s (something to do with automobiles) and lost a lot.

The Greek shipping giants (not including Onassis, who died in 1975) stepped in after the Shah lost power (1979) and couldn't fund them anymore, but between going into exile and the Shah's own exile, the Greek royals were funded by the Shah -- not EIIR.

And the Danes don't seem especially helpful. When Anne-Marie thought of leaving her husband because of the infidelity, she was told by her family that her place was with her husband. I can't see a family that would say that as being one that would bankroll her family.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:47 PM
Royal Highness

Wow, I did not know he cheated on Anne Marie. That surprises me..
Old 10-19-2005, 04:22 PM
Gentry

Thanks LUCIDU for all the pictures!! It is always niced to see. I am looking forward to seeing more if You find any....