Pavlos and Marie-Chantal current events 2: October 2005-June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
miaamor said:
hello, i was wondering from what issue the photo and interview are from the new or old, next month, and is it american vogue or a foreign vogue. thanks

It's the american vogue of June 2006

in other forums said that it was British vogue june 2006

olili said:
in other forums said that it was British vogue june 2006

Yes it is the June-issue of British VOGUE. I bougt it yesterday and there is a long interview with MC and pictures from their new home in London.

thank you Violante
I will go to London next week. Do you know if I can buy it?.
thank you

olili said:
thank you Violante
I will go to London next week. Do you know if I can buy it?.
thank you
Fine that you are going to London. There you can buy it!:)

Thanks

violante said:
Yes it is the June-issue of British VOGUE. I bougt it yesterday and there is a long interview with MC and pictures from their new home in London.
Thank You very much for the information.:)

Violante, does she use foul language in the interview?

Oh, please scan it and post it if you can! I am dying to read it and I won't even be able to buy the edition here for quite some time.

Aphrodite26 said:
Oh, please scan it and post it if you can! I am dying to read it and I won't even be able to buy the edition here for quite some time.

I am sorry, but i am not able to scan.... No, I can´t say that she uses foul language. She seems more natural in the interview than expected . There are some nice pictures too.:)

Thanks....who is on the cover?

I didn't buy the Vogue but I think that it's Kate Moss on the cover

Thanks again.
Does anyone have any further updates on what MC and Pavlos have been up to or any functions that they will be attending.

iannis said:
People! Mari Chantal refused to learn Greek, and you expect from her to wear greek designers' -if exist- clothes?
To me, she's doing well; she's not appreciated in Greece and therefore she doesn't wanna learn the language or wear the clothes of native designers. Of course I believe it is a chicken- egg question. I mean, she doesn't make efforts, so people don't like her, and because people don't like her, she doesn't make efforts. To me it is a sign she loves Pavlos. If it was just for the crown, she could have married a royal of more convenient and 'easy' people.
Now it's simple. We don't like her, she doesn't like us, and it ends there. At least we are both honest;)

Prince Ioannis...you are wrong!!:D

Poor Princess Pavlos. Whatever she does, she ends up irritating a lot of people. Why can't peple JUST LET HER BE!

Duc de Chatres said:
Poor Princess Pavlos. Whatever she does, she ends up irritating a lot of people. Why can't peple JUST LET HER BE!

Hey, she had it coming! And since she makes no effort, why should people like her? Just because she married Pavlos?

MC is not disliked...she has married into a family that most Greek people do not care for...she's not to be blamed for that....and even if she knew how to speak the language they still would not care for her as they do not care for all members of the GRF.

Piaa said:
MC is not disliked...she has married into a family that most Greek people do not care for...she's not to be blamed for that....and even if she knew how to speak the language they still would not care for her as they do not care for all members of the GRF.

Oh, so you think that Greek people believe the same for both Constantine and Nikolaos for example?

As I said....they do not care for all members of the royal family...granted Constantino is the one they dislike more than the others....but Greek people aren't bothered about them....just because they have a small audience when they go to Greece or Nikolaos is friendly with the people he meets on the street does not mean they want them back on the throne....I just think it is unfair to lump the whole "Greece would still have a throne to go back to if Pavlos did not marry MC" issue as I have read many times on the forum. And I think it's unfair that MC gets criticised for everything that she does and does not do.

Disrespecting the Constitution of a Sovereign Country

cuervo said:
is that all "first citizens" of the Hellenic state receive pensions an bonuses from the state,extra money for their children state supported cars and security,houses.....What I see here, is that My King was the head of the state for more than 5 years,of the most 'difficult years 'that this state had in it's history!He Has fought for democracy,He Helped His country any way He could!He bought a house on His own money ,after His Property was confiscated by the state He loved and served, even when He was in exile!

I just don't copy well with such a state or Iam to 'torpillo' to understand!!:eek:

Alas, he did not fight for either democracy or the Constitution of the Hellenes. If he had, he would be still King for:
1) He bears full responsibility for the (on public record) notorious and offensive letters to Prime Minister George Papandreou who was elected in 1964 by a mandate (an, unprecedented for Greece, 54% of the popular vote). Of note that, democratic as he was, the "old man" (as Papandreou was tenderly called by the Hellenes) chose to resign instead of declaring a dictatorship in the name (and at the request) of the People (see Iuliana 1965).
2) The resultant anomaly cultivated the ground for the arrival of the peasant dictators who devastated the Nation.
3) He (Constantine) signed the Royal Decree "legitimizing" the "Revolution of 21 April 1967" as the dictators were delighting in calling what, in effect, was a Coup d' Etat. Of note that his (Constantine's) argument that he did so to avoid bloodshed was subsequently shown to be groundless since these middle-rank peasant officers had no substantial following.
4) He (Constantine) staged that amateurish counter coup in December 1967, thereby making a caricature of himself in the World's eyes.

I wish ALL the above were fiction, but alas, they are TRUE.

Succession in the Kingdom of Denmark

Elinha said:
It forgives, but who is princess Elisabeth? I don't know a Danish princess called Elisabeth

The next one to the succession rights, after the Benedikte, would be her son Gustav, right?

Princess Elizabeth is the unmarried daughter of Prince Knud of Denmark. The children of HRH Princess Benedikte have NO right whatsoever of succession to the Danish throne because they didn't have a Danish education nor did they become Danish citizens as specified in the revised Constitution of Denmark, while King Frederick was still alive.

Of Maria Kanella

iannis said:
Oh, so you think that Greek people believe the same for both Constantine and Nikolaos for example?

For your information, the Greek Media call (sarcastically) Marie Chantal, Maria Kanella (kanella in Greek means cinnamon). If there was a 1:1,000,000 chance of restoration of monarchy in Greece, it became a 1:Zillion after Paul's marriage to this parvenue social climber from nowhere.
But, in all honesty, my friends, the Greeks do not even bother to think whether they like or not these people. Understandably, over 35-40% of the population, that is, people born after the abolition of Monarchy in 1974, cannot even conceptualize their country as a monarchy.
Back in the first half of the 20th century, more than 70% of the Greeks were peasants and their only pleasures were "bread and shows", in Greek "ΑρτοΣ και θεάματα"; they loved the Queen Frederika shows - her feathered hats, the elegant dresses and the convertible limousines. Indeed, the peasants used to call her "Φρειδερίκη ΜΟΥ", that is, "MY Frederika".
Some 50-60 years later, over 75% of Greeks own their primary residence (highest percentage in EU), illiteracy is negligible and the newer generations are educated, at least bi-lingual and often sophisticated. Now, therefore, that they have plenty to eat, can pay for pomp and circumstance and need not depend on the free shows staged by "their" Frederika (or fake equivalent), all matters royal are immaterial.
To be complete, nonetheless, it must be stressed that all Greeks aged 50 or older have fond memories of King Paul and, regardless of age, they harbor affection for Queen Sophia of Spain and this because they credit her for the transformation of a fascist country to a modern democracy.

reximperatorx said:
For your information, the Greek Media call (sarcastically) Marie Chantal, Maria Kanella (kanella in Greek means cinnamon). If there was a 1:1,000,000 chance of restoration of monarchy in Greece, it became a 1:Zillion after Paul's marriage to this parvenue social climber from nowhere.
But, in all honesty, my friends, the Greeks do not even bother to think whether they like or not these people. Understandably, over 35-40% of the population, that is, people born after the abolition of Monarchy in 1974, cannot even conceptualize their country as a monarchy.
Back in the first half of the 20th century, more than 70% of the Greeks were peasants and their only pleasures were "bread and shows", in Greek "ΑρτοΣ και θεάματα"; they loved the Queen Frederika shows - her feathered hats, the elegant dresses and the convertible limousines. Indeed, the peasants used to call her "Φρειδερίκη ΜΟΥ", that is, "MY Frederika".
Some 50-60 years later, over 75% of Greeks own their primary residence (highest percentage in EU), illiteracy is negligible and the newer generations are educated, at least bi-lingual and often sophisticated. Now, therefore, that they have plenty to eat, can pay for pomp and circumstance and need not depend on the free shows staged by "their" Frederika (or fake equivalent), all matters royal are immaterial.
To be complete, nonetheless, it must be stressed that all Greeks aged 50 or older have fond memories of King Paul and, regardless of age, they harbor affection for Queen Sophia of Spain and this because they credit her for the transformation of a fascist country to a modern democracy.

You ARE Joking!!!!

reximperatorx said:

Having lived in Greece for a very long time, it is the first time i hear this nickname for MC.
I can't also see how this is at all relevant to my question about Const. and Nik. you quoted, for my information

see column ΒΗΜΑΤΟΔΟΤΗΣ in ΤΟ ΒΗΜΑ

iannis said:
Having lived in Greece for a very long time, it is the first time i hear this nickname for MC.
I can't also see how this is at all relevant to my question about Const. and Nik. you quoted, for my information

Evidently you don't read the ΒΗΜΑΤΟΔΟΤΗΣ column in ΤΟ ΒΗΜΑ on Sundays. For non-Greek readers, TΟ ΒΗΜΑ and ΚΑΘΗΜΕΡΙΝΗ are the most reputable daily newspapers in Greece.

reximperatorx said:
Evidently you don't read the ΒΗΜΑΤΟΔΟΤΗΣ column in ΤΟ ΒΗΜΑ on Sundays. For non-Greek readers, TΟ ΒΗΜΑ and ΚΑΘΗΜΕΡΙΝΗ are the most reputable daily newspapers in Greece.

Well, thankfully I am still a Greek reader and I am with you about Kathimerini, but Vima is too left-wing for my tastes though still rather reliable compared to others

fanletizia said:
HRH Crown Prince and Princess Pavlos arrive for a dinner hosted by Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan to launch the Jordan River Foundation in the UK at Banqueting hall in London, 31 May 2006.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/447393-post65.html

Is it me or does Pavlos in particular look a bit, well, wistful on these pics?

Also, seems that there were a lot of, shall we say, throneless royals in attendance. Sometimes, can't help it, I think they belong on the same heap as someone like Paris Hilton...socialites famous for being famous..

And Rosario should book a course on how to smile, immediately!!

princess olga said:
Is it me or does Pavlos in particular look a bit, well, wistful on these pics?

Also, seems that there were a lot of, shall we say, throneless royals in attendance. Sometimes, can't help it, I think they belong on the same heap as someone like Paris Hilton...socialites famous for being famous..

And Rosario should book a course on how to smile, immediately!!
I agree. Did you read some of the comments in the miller site? It seems that one of the posters bought the British Vogue issue and read the article. She mentioned that Marie-Chantal touched on the topic of their "royalty." The poster stated that Marie-Chantal had mentioned that it is difficult for the children to have a royal identity when all they do is attend weddings. The poster also mentioned that Marie-Chantal admitted she was lucky to have a successful father and that she wondered how the other royals would have handled losing their throne and country. The poster mentioned that Marie-Chantal trailed off when she voiced this thought. I haven't bought the magazine or read the article, but it seems that there is resentment and sadness over the loss of their throne and country. Perhaps that is why Pavlos looks so wistful.
By the way, I disagree with the analogy to Paris Hilton. These ex-royals are much better than she'll ever be.

I also thought there was something odd-looking about Pavlos in these last pictures. He's still an extremely handsome man, in my opinion, but since the pics of him and MC at King Carl G's birthday, I've thought Pavlos looked drawn and thin, even sickly. I can also understand that it must be difficult for the GRF to be in a sort of Royal Limbo and yet mix and mingle rather frequently with royals (albeit being related to many) who belong to actively reigning royal houses. I would think it would be very hard on Pavlos and his siblings because it was their father who was outsed, rather then the younger generation. Hopefully, Pavlos & MCs children, as well as their cousins, will find something productive and meaningful to do with their lives than forever be in the shadow of what once was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom