Pavlos and Marie-Chantal current events 2: October 2005-June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can somebody scan the article in the last British Vogue about MC?? It would be interesting to read it. Thanks in advance :)

I really have to share this:
When I was back in Greece for the Orthodox Easter two weeks ago, I saw two scenes put together in a tv show, which made be burst into laughter.
The first was one showing Pavlos stating that this Easter holidays were the best of his life, and the second a part form a news broadcast saying that Mari Chantal could not accompanie Pavlos in this year's Easter holidays!
Connection done? Hilarious!:D

Somebody can post an interview on Vogue about MC

MC and Pavlos at Dream Auction Full Stop - VIP Party May 8, 2006 (Getty)

More from ukpress

Attachments

• Full_Stop_Auction_39-UKP.jpg
    Full_Stop_Auction_39-UKP.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 285
  • Full_Stop_Auction_41-UKP.jpg
    Full_Stop_Auction_41-UKP.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 227
  • Full_Stop_Auction_42-UKP.jpg
    Full_Stop_Auction_42-UKP.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 259
  • Full_Stop_Auction_43-UKP.jpg
    Full_Stop_Auction_43-UKP.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 328
I think MC's sons resemble her while her daughter looks like Pavlos. Pavlos looks more like himself in these pics compared to how he looked in pictures from King C's 60th b. day party. Good to see.

While it is obvious now that she is not pregnant, it looks as though she might be struggling a bit with her weight. Her stomach, arms, and bust look fuller than I have ever seen them before. She looks good, I am not criticizing her, just different from the super thin woman of the past.

In my opinion she looks good.. (I'm not saying you said otherwise) even if she is struggling a bit with her weight, she is the mother of 4 children..

Yes, she definitely looks good, and the older women get the better they look in the face with a little extra weight on them! Her sister Alex, whom I used to think was the prettiest of the sisters, was not a bit attractive while she was struggling with her eating disorder.

From Profimedia

Attachments

• 42-16780716.jpg
    42-16780716.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 181
Marie-chantal looks very nice on the last picture.But i had enough of Greeks and non-Greeks wearing clothes by French and Italian designers.For,once,i wish somebody would come along who would wear Greek designers and support Greek fashion.Please,wear Greek and wear it with pride.(at least now and then!)

Last edited by a moderator:
ellinotati said:
(ooopps!)....fashion.Please,wear Greek and wear it with pride.(at least now and then!)

There is such thing as Greek fashion? I doubt whether any royal any time period in the whole world had worn any!!

I think what they mean is the greek style or greek designers. There has been some really nice greek styles lately though worn by hollywood stars.

Yes,what i mean is clothes made in Greece by greek designers.Believe it or not there are plenty designers and good ones too.The clothes, don't necessarily have to be in the ancient greek style(that's the latest trend,i think).It's about time that a lady comes along who would like to show greek fashion to the world and instead of having photos with Valentino or any other weard looking designer,can have her picture taken with a greek one.Leave the French clothes to the French for a bit......think how much greek royals and celebrities can do for our unknown fashion.

Theres no denial that theres good Greek designers out there for example theres London-based Greek designer Sophia Kokosalaki, shes well known desinger here, but i guess its down to her personal taste and i think its what Marie-Chantal thinks it suits her she goes for it.

It's the same old arguement even when it comes to fashion for Marie Chantal. She should wear Greek designers, but she is not Greek and is not considered so by many Greeks. She is in a strange no mans land when it comes to her Princess status. She is one, she isn't one depending on who you talk to. She is a represenative of Greece, she isn't one etc. Poor woman can't win!!

People! Mari Chantal refused to learn Greek, and you expect from her to wear greek designers' -if exist- clothes?
To me, she's doing well; she's not appreciated in Greece and therefore she doesn't wanna learn the language or wear the clothes of native designers. Of course I believe it is a chicken- egg question. I mean, she doesn't make efforts, so people don't like her, and because people don't like her, she doesn't make efforts. To me it is a sign she loves Pavlos. If it was just for the crown, she could have married a royal of more convenient and 'easy' people.
Now it's simple. We don't like her, she doesn't like us, and it ends there. At least we are both honest;)

iannis said:
To me it is a sign she loves Pavlos. If it was just for the crown, she could have married a royal of more convenient and 'easy' people.
Now it's simple.

Would be perfect if royals were more common. Unfortunately, royals, whether difficult or more convenient and easy people, are quite a rare bunch. There were not that many royal men around her age that were available when she was at her prime.

As Marie-Chantal did: When you find one for yourself, keep it because one royal that you have is better than two royals you might get.

iannis said:
We don't like her, she doesn't like us, and it ends there. ;)

Your conclusion is clear and I applaud to its brutal honesty.

iannis said:
Now it's simple. We don't like her, she doesn't like us, and it ends there. At least we are both honest;)

Im only stating my opinion:) , how can you dislike some one you dont know personally??! And did she give an interview in any magazines stating that she actually dislikes Greece or Greek people?!!:confused:

True ,if we wait marie-chantal or any of the greek royals to support greek fashion,we propably never see that day coming.The greek aristocrarsy dosen't support them,so why should they when they don't even live in greece.Oh well....it was just another little dream.

ellinotati said:
True ,if we wait marie-chantal or any of the greek royals to support greek fashion,we propably never see that day coming.The greek aristocrarsy dosen't support them,so why should they when they don't even live in greece.Oh well....it was just another little dream.

It is very hard to be part of something that doesn't want you. The Greek people have made it very clear that they do not want Greece to be a monarchy, ergo, why should any of the so called Greek royalty give a darn as to what they wear or what language they speak. Greece is not their home. It probably never will be. They do not have a drop of Greek blood in them. It is just an idea. Poor Marie-Chantal is often criticized, but what real connection does she have to Greece? Let her wear what she wants, she owes no particular country any alligiance as far as her wardrobe is concerned.

You are quite right in what you say,redfox.Yes,everyone should wear what they like.Yes,marie-chantal is not greek and propably dosen't want to become.BUT,as a suggestion only...wouldn't it be nice, if for once she would were a greek designer?The people of greece don't know her and can't understand what a american might feel or like.If she wants to be liked she has to reach out to them.And believe me,if she tries a bit to do something small for Greece,people will take her to their hearts.Bad feelings exist mainly for constantine,not for his children or other members.

ellinotati said:
You are quite right in what you say,redfox.Yes,everyone should wear what they like.Yes,marie-chantal is not greek and propably dosen't want to become.BUT,as a suggestion only...wouldn't it be nice, if for once she would were a greek designer?The people of greece don't know her and can't understand what a american might feel or like.If she wants to be liked she has to reach out to them.And believe me,if she tries a bit to do something small for Greece,people will take her to their hearts.Bad feelings exist mainly for constantine,not for his children or other members.

Given the situation, it is very unlikely that any of the "Greek Royal" children will ever reside or rule in Greece. They are quite well aware of that. Plus you really have the problem and it exacerbates the situation, that try as they may they are not really Greek. Unlike other royals who intermarried with local aristocracy, they have married Danes, Germans, Russians and now an American. It is sad, for, I believe, they have little national feeling, plus anger at the ousting of their father. I think they like the titles and are entitled to them to a certain extent, but I think they are realistic and have made alternate lives. Greeks should be proud of their lovely country and not worry about these people who do not represent them, although go through the motions of being a reigning family. They resent being called "ex", but that is what they are. As far as Greek designers are concerned Marie Chantal tried, I believe, at King Carl Gustav's 60th birthday party to look Greek. It didn't work.

I may be wrong, in the last set of pictures it looks as if Marie Chantal has a cast on her left (I think) foot.:confused:

olili said:
Somebody can post an interview on Vogue about MC

a pic of the vogue's interview with Odyssée.
from celebkidz posted by ALBA.

I don't really have an opinion of relations between MC and greek people but a friend of mine was in Greece 3 years ago, and she told me there were some books about MC and Pavlos calling them "their royals". What I see, it's that after ten years of marriage and four children, they're still so much in love, handing hands so much (like in the 60th birthday of Carl Gustav and in their last appearance the 8 may).
That's all.

Lisa said:
What I see, it's that after ten years of marriage and four children, they're still so much in love, handing hands so much (like in the 60th birthday of Carl Gustav and in their last appearance the 8 may).
That's all.
You're absolutely right Lisa. Today having a defunct royal title seems useful in certain social situations and to a tiny extent for commercial purposes. From some of the interviews I've read titles are extraordinarily impressive to star-struck people who are enraptured in the cult of celebrity (which is why the overwhelming majority of articles written about anyone with a royal title is classified under the "entertainment" or "society" section alongside photos of the latest starlet).

But this family has their priorities right; they use their titles and connections as necessary but do not seem to hold any false illusion that the citizens of Greece are going to fling open their arms and invite them back as figureheads. It's great to see photos of people who seem genuinely happy!

what vogue issue

Lucidu said:
a pic of the vogue's interview with Odyssée.
from celebkidz posted by ALBA.
hello, i was wondering from what issue the photo and interview are from the new or old, next month, and is it american vogue or a foreign vogue. thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom