The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece > Crown Prince Pavlos, Marie Chantal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 07:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly9480
No she wasn't. EIIR has never given them money or even a place to live (and she's got plenty of grace and favour residences she could have let them stay in for a time) -- she wouldn't even give her sister or cousins money in the 70s when the Greeks moved to Britain.
You need to remember the Queen is bound to act on the advice of her ministers as a constitutional monarch. The British government was adamantly against allowing Constantine or his family to settle in the UK. They only did it out of respect for the Queen's ties to them through Prince Philip.

Quote:
Constantine went into exile with a trust fund from his family that established their residence in London. Anne-Marie also has money from her trust funds, but Constantine made at least one bad investment in the late 70s (something to do with automobiles) and lost a lot.
Constantine had no money when he went into exile. The Greek Royal Family was always quite poor and relied on the state's support.

Quote:
The Greek shipping giants (not including Onassis, who died in 1975) stepped in after the Shah lost power (1979) and couldn't fund them anymore, but between going into exile and the Shah's own exile, the Greek royals were funded by the Shah -- not EIIR.
The Greek shipping families took care of Constantine with a wink and a nod from the Colonels and the military junta who ruled Greece after they exiled him. They wanted him to stay quiet and mind his own business.

Quote:
And the Danes don't seem especially helpful. When Anne-Marie thought of leaving her husband because of the infidelity, she was told by her family that her place was with her husband. I can't see a family that would say that as being one that would bankroll her family.
I highly doubt Anne-Marie ever considered leaving Constantine. It simply would not be in her nature. She was born a royal princess and was a Queen. She understood her duty as a royal consort.

Old 10-20-2005, 01:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
Wow, I did not know he cheated on Anne Marie. That surprises me..
They admitted to having "crises" in their marriage in an interview about a decade ago. Constantine was rumoured to have had an affair with Empress Farah Pahlavi, but I've never seen confirmation of that affair. But there were infidelities, and Constantine even gave Prince Charles a tie pin that was some sort of ancient symbol for male fertility or infidelity in the mid80s.

Old 10-20-2005, 01:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
You need to remember the Queen is bound to act on the advice of her ministers as a constitutional monarch. The British government was adamantly against allowing Constantine or his family to settle in the UK. They only did it out of respect for the Queen's ties to them through Prince Philip.
Constantine only had to work out a tax arrangement with the British government. He didn't need their permission to live there. Nor did he need hers.

Quote:
Constantine had no money when he went into exile. The Greek Royal Family was always quite poor and relied on the state's support.

The Greek shipping families took care of Constantine with a wink and a nod from the Colonels and the military junta who ruled Greece after they exiled him. They wanted him to stay quiet and mind his own business.
Constantine had a trust fund (not large mind you, from his parents) that he took with him into exile. The Greeks aren't giving him money to keep the government happy. They're giving him money because he's a friend and he needs the help. Constantine has never stayed quiet about his exile, even during the junta.

Quote:
I highly doubt Anne-Marie ever considered leaving Constantine. It simply would not be in her nature. She was born a royal princess and was a Queen. She understood her duty as a royal consort.
Being royal born doesn't make someone immune to getting fed up. Sofia tried to leave her husband and she was born royal, too. After the exile, they admitted their marriage went through a very rocky patch in the 1970s, and she had to be reminded of her duty to her husband and children by her family.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
I don't think that Anne-Marie ever considered a legal seperation or a divorce, but it is quite common knowldedge that she left Constantine for a significant period after they went into exile. She and the children stayed with her mother, Queen Ingrid in Denmark.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:38 AM
Heir Apparent

new pictures from seegerpress :

Pavlos, Marie-Chantal, and Odysseus Kimon went shopping in Chelsea, London on 25th October 2005
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pre-SEEGER00149550.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	206499   Click image for larger version

Name:	pre-SEEGER00149553.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	206500   Click image for larger version

Name:	pre-SEEGER00149555.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	206501   Click image for larger version

Name:	pre-SEEGER00149556.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	206502  

Name:	pre-SEEGER00149559.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	206503   Click image for larger version

Name:	pre-SEEGER00149561.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	206504   Click image for larger version

Name:	pre-SEEGER00149563.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	206505   Click image for larger version

Name:	pre-SEEGER00149565.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	206506  

Name:	pre-SEEGER00149568.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	206507   Click image for larger version

Name:	pre-SEEGER00149571.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	206508  
Old 10-27-2005, 06:41 AM
Heir Apparent

more from seegerpress :

looks like the little boy is learning to shop at very early year. he is so cute...
Old 10-27-2005, 06:44 AM
Heir Apparent

last batch :

Old 10-27-2005, 01:29 PM
Nobility

thanks for the pics. odysseus is so cute!!!!
Old 10-27-2005, 01:34 PM
Nobility

Marie Chantal in Paris at Cordélia de Castellane’s home for discover the new collection of MC and buy the clothes.10/13/05

From point de vue

1.Marie Chantal with Cordelia de Castellane

2.MC with Odysseus

3. MC with Delphine Arnault Gancia, and Arabelle Reille Mahdavi.

4. MC with Cordelia and Melonie Hennessy.

5. the invitation for discover the new winter collection of Marie Chantal.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	MC 1.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	206643   Click image for larger version

Name:	MC 2.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	206644   Click image for larger version

Name:	MC 3.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	206645   Click image for larger version

Name:	MC 4.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	206646  

Name:	MC 5.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	206648   Click image for larger version

Name:	MC 6.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	206650  
Old 10-31-2005, 08:42 AM
Gentry

Very nice pics! Marie-Chantal doesn´t seem to be very tall. 5,7??
Old 10-31-2005, 06:04 PM
Aristocracy

MC is 5'2'' to 5'3'' at the most. She is petite as are all of the Miller sisters.
A friend is a make up artist and she has seen the sisters in person at some of the fashion shows.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:11 PM
Courtier

Smile

Yes, Pavlos towers over her, even when she's wearing heels. Very sweet pics of the baby, too!
Old 10-31-2005, 06:12 PM
Royal Highness

She and her husband are wonderful, involved parents.

I give her a lot of credit. She does not have to work and yet still managed to create a career path for herself.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:13 PM
Serene Highness

Lovely pics!
I always like to see parents involved with thier kids.
I wonder where the other children were? School?
Old 11-01-2005, 05:00 AM
Courtier

Inauguration festivities in Monaco

On November 17th there will be the inauguration festivities for Prince Albert II. in Monaco. On Franco Iberian Royals Message Board was already announced that Haakon and Mette-Marit are invited and will attend.
What about the Greek royals? Does anybody know whether some of them are invited or which other royalty will come?
Old 11-03-2005, 07:21 PM
Commoner

Smile

Pavlos and Marie-Chantal attended a gala at the american embassy in Athens yesterday. I had an invitation as well...They make a lovely couple. Pavlos is really tall and very charming! I had the chance to talk for a while with Marie-Chantal about her store in Athens. She was very polite and she definitely has class although she doesn't look stunning or anything like that. As I said before, they make a very nice couple, I enjoyed seeing them together, they really seem to fit.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:44 PM
Royal Highness

Wow..you are so lucky to have spoken to her. So she is really polite then. Proves what I have always thought about her. :)
Old 11-06-2005, 03:35 PM
Gentry

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by prm79
Pavlos and Marie-Chantal attended a gala at the american embassy in Athens yesterday. I had an invitation as well...They make a lovely couple. Pavlos is really tall and very charming! I had the chance to talk for a while with Marie-Chantal about her store in Athens. She was very polite and she definitely has class although she doesn't look stunning or anything like that. As I said before, they make a very nice couple, I enjoyed seeing them together, they really seem to fit.
Yes, intersting that you talked to her! Yes I´m sure she is polite. What did she wear?
Old 11-06-2005, 04:50 PM
Courtier

That is very nice to hear. I would like to meet them; to see if my opinion of them was off the mark.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:24 AM
Gentry

Ther are new pictures on the GREMB of MC with her sister Pia at the release-party of India Hicks new book "Island beauty" yesterday in London.