The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece > Crown Prince Pavlos, Marie Chantal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 04:55 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by miaamor
hello, i was wondering from what issue the photo and interview are from the new or old, next month, and is it american vogue or a foreign vogue. thanks
It's the american vogue of June 2006

Old 05-16-2006, 07:22 AM
Aristocracy

in other forums said that it was British vogue june 2006

Old 05-17-2006, 03:29 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by olili
in other forums said that it was British vogue june 2006

Yes it is the June-issue of British VOGUE. I bougt it yesterday and there is a long interview with MC and pictures from their new home in London.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:15 PM
Aristocracy

thank you Violante
I will go to London next week. Do you know if I can buy it?.
thank you
Old 05-18-2006, 03:25 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by olili
thank you Violante
I will go to London next week. Do you know if I can buy it?.
thank you
Fine that you are going to London. There you can buy it!:)
Old 05-22-2006, 05:45 PM
Commoner

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by violante
Yes it is the June-issue of British VOGUE. I bougt it yesterday and there is a long interview with MC and pictures from their new home in London.
Thank You very much for the information.:)
Old 05-23-2006, 09:05 AM
Aristocracy

Violante, does she use foul language in the interview?
Old 05-23-2006, 01:05 PM
Commoner

Oh, please scan it and post it if you can! I am dying to read it and I won't even be able to buy the edition here for quite some time.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:57 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrodite26
Oh, please scan it and post it if you can! I am dying to read it and I won't even be able to buy the edition here for quite some time.
I am sorry, but i am not able to scan.... No, I canīt say that she uses foul language. She seems more natural in the interview than expected . There are some nice pictures too.:)
Old 05-24-2006, 12:11 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks....who is on the cover?
Old 05-24-2006, 01:17 PM
Nobility

I didn't buy the Vogue but I think that it's Kate Moss on the cover
Old 05-25-2006, 06:22 AM
Aristocracy

Thanks again.
Does anyone have any further updates on what MC and Pavlos have been up to or any functions that they will be attending.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:41 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by iannis
People! Mari Chantal refused to learn Greek, and you expect from her to wear greek designers' -if exist- clothes?
To me, she's doing well; she's not appreciated in Greece and therefore she doesn't wanna learn the language or wear the clothes of native designers. Of course I believe it is a chicken- egg question. I mean, she doesn't make efforts, so people don't like her, and because people don't like her, she doesn't make efforts. To me it is a sign she loves Pavlos. If it was just for the crown, she could have married a royal of more convenient and 'easy' people.
Now it's simple. We don't like her, she doesn't like us, and it ends there. At least we are both honest

Prince Ioannis...you are wrong!!
Old 05-26-2006, 08:24 AM
Commoner

Poor Princess Pavlos. Whatever she does, she ends up irritating a lot of people. Why can't peple JUST LET HER BE!
Old 05-26-2006, 08:33 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc de Chatres
Poor Princess Pavlos. Whatever she does, she ends up irritating a lot of people. Why can't peple JUST LET HER BE!
Hey, she had it coming! And since she makes no effort, why should people like her? Just because she married Pavlos?
Old 05-26-2006, 12:13 PM
Aristocracy

MC is not disliked...she has married into a family that most Greek people do not care for...she's not to be blamed for that....and even if she knew how to speak the language they still would not care for her as they do not care for all members of the GRF.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:49 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piaa
MC is not disliked...she has married into a family that most Greek people do not care for...she's not to be blamed for that....and even if she knew how to speak the language they still would not care for her as they do not care for all members of the GRF.
Oh, so you think that Greek people believe the same for both Constantine and Nikolaos for example?
Old 05-28-2006, 07:19 AM
Aristocracy

As I said....they do not care for all members of the royal family...granted Constantino is the one they dislike more than the others....but Greek people aren't bothered about them....just because they have a small audience when they go to Greece or Nikolaos is friendly with the people he meets on the street does not mean they want them back on the throne....I just think it is unfair to lump the whole "Greece would still have a throne to go back to if Pavlos did not marry MC" issue as I have read many times on the forum. And I think it's unfair that MC gets criticised for everything that she does and does not do.
Old 05-28-2006, 03:50 PM
Commoner

Disrespecting the Constitution of a Sovereign Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo
is that all "first citizens" of the Hellenic state receive pensions an bonuses from the state,extra money for their children state supported cars and security,houses.....What I see here, is that My King was the head of the state for more than 5 years,of the most 'difficult years 'that this state had in it's history!He Has fought for democracy,He Helped His country any way He could!He bought a house on His own money ,after His Property was confiscated by the state He loved and served, even when He was in exile!

I just don't copy well with such a state or Iam to 'torpillo' to understand!!
Alas, he did not fight for either democracy or the Constitution of the Hellenes. If he had, he would be still King for:
1) He bears full responsibility for the (on public record) notorious and offensive letters to Prime Minister George Papandreou who was elected in 1964 by a mandate (an, unprecedented for Greece, 54% of the popular vote). Of note that, democratic as he was, the "old man" (as Papandreou was tenderly called by the Hellenes) chose to resign instead of declaring a dictatorship in the name (and at the request) of the People (see Iuliana 1965).
2) The resultant anomaly cultivated the ground for the arrival of the peasant dictators who devastated the Nation.
3) He (Constantine) signed the Royal Decree "legitimizing" the "Revolution of 21 April 1967" as the dictators were delighting in calling what, in effect, was a Coup d' Etat. Of note that his (Constantine's) argument that he did so to avoid bloodshed was subsequently shown to be groundless since these middle-rank peasant officers had no substantial following.
4) He (Constantine) staged that amateurish counter coup in December 1967, thereby making a caricature of himself in the World's eyes.

I wish ALL the above were fiction, but alas, they are TRUE.
Old 05-28-2006, 03:58 PM
Commoner

Succession in the Kingdom of Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elinha
It forgives, but who is princess Elisabeth? I don't know a Danish princess called Elisabeth

The next one to the succession rights, after the Benedikte, would be her son Gustav, right?
Princess Elizabeth is the unmarried daughter of Prince Knud of Denmark. The children of HRH Princess Benedikte have NO right whatsoever of succession to the Danish throne because they didn't have a Danish education nor did they become Danish citizens as specified in the revised Constitution of Denmark, while King Frederick was still alive.

Closed Thread