The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 04:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatleen
Thanks so much for the links, Kirstingrafin :)

I'm sure it would be appreciated greatly if someone is able to provide a summary of the article. Is it an interview with Queen Anne-Marie?
this is a rough translation:

she became at the age of 18 the youngest and most beautiful queen in greece. 40 years later she is pictured in london with 4 of her 6 grandchildren and she gives us a rare confession. they were expecting a boy. but again they got a girl. the third. It is said that their neighbour in Holland, prins bernhard sent the following telegram: we have 3 too. the 3rd daughter of frederik and ingrid was born at the palace of amalienborg august 31, 1946. her grandfather was the king of denmark, her father the crownprince and her mother a granddaughter of the queen of sweden.
royal life was simple, without protocol and without a wild cosmopolitan life.
the girls grew up in a very protected environment. "they are like all the children: noisy, curious, sometimes naughty but they are always my darlings frederik is reported to have said.
AM stood out by her very sweet nature. she loves classical music and has a talent for art. she went to school until she was 16 and then went to austria to learne english. At that time she met her 2nd (3rd? faraway) cousin, crownprince constantine. a thunderbolt went through them when they met. she is the most beautiful girl I have seen in my life constantine is reported to have said.
AM does not comment/remains silent when he says this.

Old 01-31-2005, 05:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia
this is a rough translation:

she became at the age of 18 the youngest and most beautiful queen in greece. 40 years later she is pictured in london with 4 of her 6 grandchildren and she gives us a rare confession. they were expecting a boy. but again they got a girl. the third. It is said that their neighbour in Holland, prins bernhard sent the following telegram: we have 3 too. the 3rd daughter of frederik and ingrid was born at the palace of amalienborg august 31, 1946. her grandfather was the king of denmark, her father the crownprince and her mother a granddaughter of the queen of sweden.
royal life was simple, without protocol and without a wild cosmopolitan life.
the girls grew up in a very protected environment. "they are like all the children: noisy, curious, sometimes naughty but they are always my darlings frederik is reported to have said.
AM stood out by her very sweet nature. she loves classical music and has a talent for art. she went to school until she was 16 and then went to austria to learne english. At that time she met her 2nd (3rd? faraway) cousin, crownprince constantine. a thunderbolt went through them when they met. she is the most beautiful girl I have seen in my life constantine is reported to have said.
AM does not comment/remains silent when he says this.

Thanks a bunch, Susan :) I really appreciate it.

King Christian IX of Denmark is the great-great-grandfather of both King Konstantin and Queen Anne-Marie.

Old 02-01-2005, 05:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Thanks a bunch, Susan :) I really appreciate it.

King Christian IX of Denmark is the great-great-grandfather of both King Konstantin and Queen Anne-Marie.
He must have been very proud of Them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
Old 02-01-2005, 05:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo
He must have been very proud of Them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
I'm sure he is, whereever he is :)
Old 02-01-2005, 05:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Yes, this is really a great link Cuervo, which I have now bookmarked.

Some of the pics of Queen Anne-Marie with her grandchildren - do you know, if they are scans from the recent "Life&Style" photo spread?
Yes,they are!!
Old 12-06-2005, 05:22 PM
Majesty

Pavlos & Marie-Chantal and Family Picture Thread

Welcome the first photo thread of Pavlos & Marie-Chantal. Remember to follow the Royal Forums Rules & Guidelines. Since this is an old photo thread, all pictures must be hosted via a private account such as Photobucket, Imageshack, TinyPic or Supload. You must cite the copyright source of your pictues in each post.

Worldroots, Google, Ebay and other message boards cannot be cited as sources of pictures.

Have fun!
Old 12-10-2005, 07:43 PM
Courtier

A most beautiful picture of their children.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Marie-Chantal of Greece with her husband Crown Prince Pavlos of Greece during the opening of a store for baby clothes which she also designs in the heart of Athens , Greece on September 15 , 2005.
(pictures from DPA)

http://img320.imageshack.us/img320/863/10760141hz.jpg
http://img320.imageshack.us/img320/8091/10730143kd.jpg
Old 01-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Some pictures of the great looking couple from my collection :)

(HOLA, LECTURAS, FIS)
Old 01-02-2006, 07:11 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the great photos, iceflower -- more, more!!
Old 01-03-2006, 01:48 PM
Aristocracy

Pavlos y Marie Chantal in a Greek party (from cover)

Pavlos with prince Felipe of Spain
Old 01-03-2006, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

I'm glad you like the pics, Emily! :)
I scanned in some more, but I have to apologize for the bad quality of some pics, my scanner does not like too little pictures from magazines..

(HOLA, FIS, das neue, Dies Minutos)
Old 01-03-2006, 07:49 PM
Serene Highness

Iceflower, these are wonderful! I thought I stayed relatively up to date on photos of this couple but you have many that I have never seen. The one with Pavlos, MC and M-O as a baby is very sweet. Thanks again and ..... post away!! I'll be an appreciative audience!
Old 01-05-2006, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator

Emily, that "appreciative audience"- thing was so sweet! :)
Actually I'm a bit angry at myself, I've had a lot of articles and pics, but last year I thought I needed some more space, and threw many parts away only keeping some special pics. Stupid me..
Here are some more:

(HOLA, FIS, SEMANA)
Old 01-07-2006, 12:34 PM
Serene Highness

Iceflower, thanks again for the photos. I have never seen the one of Pavlos and MC on the grass -- what a beautiful photo. Do you have photos of Pavlos and MC with A-M and KC at the Miller's home in Gstaad when Maria Olympia was just a little girl? I am certain I have seen those photos on this board, but I can't seem to find them. Any ideas?
Old 01-07-2006, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

Again, you are very welcome :) Do you mean this series of pics? This is the only one together with AM and KC I kept...

(das neue)
Old 01-07-2006, 05:44 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, this is one of the photos, thankyou! There were some more of the same photo shoot where they were inside the ski chateau -- at least one of them in the living room with the two children....I think KC and AM were in that photo but I can't recall. I was just sure I saw it on this thread, but perhaps not. At any rate, thank you so much for all the wonderful pictures you have posted. I enjoy them.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

Emily, I'm glad that I could find the pic you were asking for last time, and when reading your description I remembered the other pic, but unfortunately I did not keep it...But here are some more pics, especially for you :)

(OGGI, das neue, FIS)
Old 01-12-2006, 05:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

thank you so much for these photos Iceflower! they are gorgeous! they are such a sweet couple. even if it was advantageous for both parties to marry, i think they are very happy together. i love the one of her giving him a peck on the forehead. its so natural and unaffected.
Old 01-13-2006, 02:18 AM
Heir Apparent

thank you for all the wonderful photos, iceflower!
i've never seen most of the pictures and both Pavlos & MC seems like they have blissful marriage...
keep them coming, please..