The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 11:43 PM
Commoner

MC's youngest child was obviously photohshopped in on the 2005 card. Grandpa's hands aren't anywhere near him and he appears to be just standing in his lap. . .too funny.

Old 11-04-2006, 04:24 AM
Nobility

I'm pleased you liked it. I think it is just the kind of thing to look at when you are a bit depressed or stressed by anything. Such incarnation of family values through hardships just keeps you going, I think. I agree with Aphrodite 26, last year's card is not the best. Let's wait for the new one...

Old 11-04-2006, 09:35 PM
Commoner

thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by sita780
I'm pleased you liked it. I think it is just the kind of thing to look at when you are a bit depressed or stressed by anything. Such incarnation of family values through hardships just keeps you going, I think. I agree with Aphrodite 26, last year's card is not the best. Let's wait for the new one...
You are right sita780, it's so nice to see a family like this. they're still together even though this family has gone through alot, it's very sad when people live far away from there country,they are a beatifull family thanks.miaamor
Old 11-05-2006, 05:42 AM
Royal Highness

There was a nice photo of QA-M on her new boat with the grandkids in a magazine somewhere. I wonder if that'll be this years photo.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:15 AM
Aristocracy

Does anyone know if MC and Pavlos and Alexia and Carlos take separate photos for their X-Mas cards to their friends and if so where they can be found
Old 11-06-2006, 03:57 PM
Nobility

I saw 2 cards of MC&Pavlos family : one in 2002 with all family sitting on the grass, with the Greek flag jumpers. The other in 2005 with the 4 kids wearing angel wings (I prefered the 1st card. The other was too artificial to my taste. But you surely need a professionnal photographer and a studio to manage with 4 little lively models like this...). I don't know how to find them now, I saw them on several boards.
So we can reasonably assume that Alexia and Pavlos do their own cards each year. Nice tradition.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:38 PM
Nobility

There is a directory on the Greek Royal website here. Select "Christmas Card Photos".
Old 01-10-2007, 03:14 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

I couldn't find the following pics in this thread, so I post them :

1. Marie Chantal and Pavlos at a fashion show in 1999
2. 1997 at the Mentor Foundation gala evening in New York
3. Group picture at the gala evening
4. The couple in Denmark in 1997
Old 01-10-2007, 09:25 AM
Serene Highness

Great links, Iceflower! MC and Pavlos were certainly more smiley back then. Pavlos looks like he's lost weight in recent years as compared to these photos. I can't believe it's been nearly 10 years since the NY gala! Time is flying.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:14 AM
Aristocracy

yeah...i miss seeing photos of them especially photos of the early years.....
Old 01-13-2007, 02:31 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella
Great links, Iceflower! MC and Pavlos were certainly more smiley back then. Pavlos looks like he's lost weight in recent years as compared to these photos. I can't believe it's been nearly 10 years since the NY gala! Time is flying.
Do you think MC's not as smiley because the novelty of being a princess has worn off? Or because they're no longer in New York where having a social life and being photographed seem very important?
Old 01-13-2007, 02:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168
Do you think MC's not as smiley because the novelty of being a princess has worn off? Or because they're no longer in New York where having a social life and being photographed seem very important?
There's no way we can ever really know. It may just be the luck of the photographs that are submitted to the public. I would hope there's no underlying reason, like she is unhappy. With four children now, she just might be preoccupied with her family. Or maybe there are issues in her personal life that we're not privy to that have her distracted. Hopefully the smiles will return.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:50 AM
Gentry

Are there any pictures yet from Gstaad this year?
Old 01-20-2007, 12:53 PM
Aristocracy

Yes there are.In Gstaad Konstantinos,Anna Maria and their three children were there.Konstantinos Anna Maria and Nikolaos attended a dinner party held by Greeks.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:11 AM
Gentry

is MC greek like her husband?
Old 03-12-2007, 07:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tara1983
is MC greek like her husband?
No, Crown Princess Marie Chantal is not Greek.
Her father is American (Robert W Miller, who made a fortune in duty-free retail, her mother was born in Ecuador.

Marie Chantal was born in London, raised in Hong Kong. She attended Institut Le Rosey in Switzrland, graduated in New York and studied Arts in New York as well.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 03-17-2007, 03:56 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

I'm glad you liked the last pics i've posted Here is another pic I can't remember having seen posted before, it shows Marie Chantal with Leila of Iran in 2001:

Marie Chantal
Old 03-17-2007, 05:53 AM
Royal Highness

thank you iceflower!!!!
Old 03-17-2007, 09:10 AM
Nobility

never seen this pic before : thanks a lot iceflower !
Old 03-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
No, Crown Princess Marie Chantal is not Greek.
Her father is American (Robert W Miller, who made a fortune in duty-free retail, her mother was born in Ecuador.

Marie Chantal was born in London, raised in Hong Kong. She attended Institut Le Rosey in Switzrland, graduated in New York and studied Arts in New York as well.
Did she actually graduate? I've seen that she attended university in New York, but never that she actually completed a degree.