Pavlos and Marie-Chantal and Family current events 8: May 2016 - December 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Greece.gif

Welcome to part 8 of the thread for the current events of Crown Prince Pavlos, Marie Chantal and family.

You can find the old thread here:

** Pavlos and Marie-Chantal and Family current events 7: November 2010 - May 2016 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

This weekend Pavlos and Marie Chantal traveled the Tuscany for the wedding a very friendly couple and enjoyed the beauty and the magnificent view of Italy.

In his profile on Instagram Pavlos published photos with the sunset as seen with Marie Chantal in Tuscany, as well as pictures of the wedding party of friends Dimitri and Lydia.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJ5yRFCgG57/?taken-by=pavlosgr1
https://www.instagram.com/p/BJ515nEgeS3/?taken-by=pavlosgr1
https://www.instagram.com/p/BJ7n8PgAt5a/?taken-by=pavlosgr1

Pavlos and Marie-Chantal attended the awards ceremony at The Royal Academy of Arts in London on October 11:

** gettyimages gallery **

There is nothing wrong with the collaboration in question. Technically speaking, she is a private person, who can do whatever she wishes.

There is nothing wrong with the collaboration in question. Technically speaking, she is a private person, who can do whatever she wishes.

I was just surprised that it was M&S, not something else. If anything, i think its commendable, as it will probably be more affordable than what she does at the moment.

Although i wonder just how easy getting small boys to wear pastels would be

Last edited:

Marie-Chantal at The Fashion Awards 2016 drinks reception at Royal Albert Hall on December 5:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

No more London for the CP family

"USA visited Prince Pavlos on the occasion of the inauguration of the new president of America, Donald Trump. The journey of this but had another purpose, to arrange the final details so that everything is ready for a family to move from London to New York.
The day before the inauguration on January 19, Prince Pavlos attended a Greek-American event.

http://www.royalchronicles.gr/wp-co...01047157727_2047300165165051209_n-600x571.jpg

During dinner and conversing with the reporter Cindy Adams, Prince Pavlos told how he and his wife, Princess Marie-Chantal, decided to move to Manhattan: «We're moving back to Manhattan. We just got a place on Madison in the 70s »...

No interest to live in Greece at all... Would you reinstall a person if he only wants to live in your country if he reigns as a King? I´ve always been a fan of this couple and its family but grew more and more frustrated and disappointed by them over the years. Their passion for everything having to do with glitz and glamour, the fashion shows, the shootings, the luxury - and now being in Washington "for the inauguration of D. Trump" (while many born americans refused to attend...). Sad!

Last edited:
No more London for the CP family

"USA visited Prince Pavlos on the occasion of the inauguration of the new president of America, Donald Trump. The journey of this but had another purpose, to arrange the final details so that everything is ready for a family to move from London to New York.
The day before the inauguration on January 19, Prince Pavlos attended a Greek-American event.

http://www.royalchronicles.gr/wp-co...01047157727_2047300165165051209_n-600x571.jpg

During dinner and conversing with the reporter Cindy Adams, Prince Pavlos told how he and his wife, Princess Marie-Chantal, decided to move to Manhattan: «We're moving back to Manhattan. We just got a place on Madison in the 70s »...

How disappointing. I started to figure out which way the wind blew with this couple when they showed up at the funeral of Margaret Thatcher. I kind of understand that because they live in London...but...to come here and make a point of attending the Trump inaugural, along with assorted Z-listers which was all the Trump team could persuade or beg to attend, and which inspired unprecedented mass protest all over the globe??:ohmy::bang:

I have only ever been minimally impressed with them and now less than ever.

Whatever floats their boat. I hope they had fun at least. This should score them at least a spot on the guest list for Trump's first State dinner. :lol:

Last edited:
wartenberg7 said:
No interest to live in Greece at all... Would you reinstall a person if he only wants to live in your country if he reigns as a King? I´ve always been a fan of this couple and its family but grew more and more frustrated and disappointed by them over the years. Their passion for everything having to do with glitz and glamour, the fashion shows, the shootings, the luxury - and now being in Washington "for the inauguration of D. Trump" (while many born americans refused to attend...). Sad!

Considering how Greece treated the Greek RF over the years, I am surprised that any of them want to return. They have stolen the families properties and possessions, bullied them around and thrown them away several times.

The crown prince was forced to live outside of the country until the 90-ties. His father was even stripped of his Greek citizenship in 1994. The prince was forced to create a future for himself elsewhere. He now has his own carreer, as does his American wife. Why on earth would he move back at this point?

I do not disagree with you and Moonmaiden on the other points. But they are private citizens and free to live the way they want to.

Last edited:
:previous:

I suppose you are right. It would certainly explain his affinity for xenophobic right wingers and billionaire businessmen.

He and his family know what side their bread is buttered on for sure.:cool:

ETA: I don't blame them for not wanting to live in a country that seems to hold them in contempt. But I think he should consider ditching the defunct, meaningless Greek titles. He is no more CP of Greece than his parents are King and Queen.

Last edited:
At least King Constantine and Queen Anne Marie continued to do work to support Greek people and culture. At least they are living a fairly quiet life back in Greece. Prince Pavlos and Marie Chantal have always frustrated me by flaunting their ultra lux lifestyle and their desire to have the privilege of their royal background without any of the responsibility. The king and Queen's other children seem to have settled into more normal lives and at least in the case of at Alexia and Nikolaos, continued to do work to support Greek people and culture or people in need more generally.

:previous: I didn't know that about the former king and queen, thanks for the heads up ladejesus.;)

I know that Nikolaos and Tatiana have chosen to live and work in Greece. I admire them a great deal for that..

Unfortunately the children of Pavlos and MC seem to be inheriting the shallow, nouveau rich all-about-the-bucks-and-glitter values of their parents. I am thinking in particular about their eldest child, the so-called "It Girl" Maria Olympia.:cool:

Last edited:
Wouldn't be surprised if they are good friends with the Trumps, maybe connected with MC' s parents.
Wonder whether there has been some arguing between Pavlos and his father over the years because of having no interest or intention to move to Greece as the Crownprince. But in the end MC's money was ofcourse always more important.
Maybe we see an engagement of Theodora or Phillipos this summer in the US so at least Pavlos' family has not to suffer a long journey for this event then.

To be honest I don't see why they should show an interest in moving to Greece. The country shows little to no interest at all in their former royals, why should they let it influence their life choices and where they live.

I remember reading that billionaire Bob Miller had renounced his American citizenship years ago and moved to Britain, which I found interesting. British tax penalties for people of extreme wealth are even more stringent in the UK than in the US.

And no, it would not surprise me in the least if Mr. Miller and Trump were buddies. As I posted earlier, I expect them(the Millers and/or Pavlos and MC) to be regulars on the WH guest list for the next four years.

ETA: I repeat, I have no objection to Pavlos not wanting anything to do with a country that has treated his family so shamefully. But why hang onto Greek Royal titles? The most obvious problem is that the Greek "Royal" family is now non existent. The second is that the Glucksbergs don't have a drop of Greek blood(that I know of) and they never did.

Last edited:
Well, if drops of blood is anything to go by, many royal families should have stopped using their titles. The first Dutch drops in the Dutch royal family can probably be traced to Johanna of Polanen, who married Engelbrecht I of Nassau in 1403. For the Luxembourg Grand Ducal family it will be non-existant, in the Belgian RF it was introduced by Queen Paola, etc.

It is only recently whith the present generation of monarchs and their offspring that they start to marry people from their own countries.

But the jus sanguinis is a troublesome concept. If you trace blood back long enough you will find out it comes from all directions.

Last edited:
True, but have there been any Greek born Greeks in the GRF? Any at all past or present? All I can find are Danes and Germans and most recently the Anglo-American Marie-Chantal.:ermm:

Last edited:
:previous: I didn't know that about the former king and queen, thanks for the heads up ladejesus.;)

I know that Nikolaos and Tatiana have chosen to live and work in Greece. I admire them a great deal for that..

Unfortunately the children of Pavlos and MC seem to be inheriting the shallow, nouveau rich all-about-the-bucks-and-glitter values of their parents. I am thinking in particular about their eldest child, the so-called "It Girl" Maria Olympia.:cool:
You and ladejesus have said it all, seeing how they bring up their children and conduct themselves of late makes my stomach turn

Considering how Greece treated the Greek RF over the years, I am surprised that any of them want to return. They have stolen the families properties and possessions, bullied them around and thrown them away several times.

The crown prince was forced to live outside of the country until the 90-ties. His father was even stripped of his Greek citizenship in 1994. The prince was forced to create a future for himself elsewhere. He now has his own carreer, as does his American wife. Why on earth would he move back at this point?

I do not disagree with you and Moonmaiden on the other points. But they are private citizens and free to live the way they want to.
Right you are. Crown Prince Pavlos knows that chances of the restoration are absolutely nil. While Crown Prince Pavlos is consistently diplomatic about Greek issues, he has no wish to foist himself on the country ... in my opinion.

I do wonder though what prompted Crown Prince Pavlos to move the family to the US. There has to be a serious reason to do so.

Last edited:
I'm not surprised Pavlos and Marie Chantal have decided to move to NY. Olympia is already there if I remember correctly, and presumably their two older boys will soon be at university in the US as well.

I'm not sure what to make of Olympia's "It Girl" stage, except to hope that it is just a stage. Constantine and Anne Marie must be horrified.

the Miller family was not invited:nonono::nonono:, WAS the greek royal family,Crown Prince pavlos was in this event by this motive, he was invited. The event was sponsored by "Hellenic Initiative", which is a group of Greek businessmen with a significant relevance in the United States, Which raises funds and helps in Greek solidarity projects...... The invitation has been made by Republican senators to the Greek royal Family or Crown Prince Pavlos.

Last edited:

Of course they are. But there´s a difference between what one can do and what is proper and wise.
All these insults by the greeks which were indeed hilarious didn´prevent the royal couple, which REALLY suffered under of all of this, or Prince Nikolaos and his wife to live there. And I really do believe them when they say they love Greece.
But hearing Pavlos talking in severeal interviews over the past 20 years how greek he feels, mentioning he was born there, his greek roots, that he feels an obligation "as a Crown Prince towards MY country" no matter what sounds like a farce to me!

I guess especially his wife is secretely happy that there will never be a restauration and she seems to be perfectly happy with her jet set life (today London, tomorrow Hong Kong, the day after the Bahamas...), having precious jewels and being invited to the european royal courts of europe without any responsibility towards the greek people except her own business of (luxurious...) children´s wear.
No, it requires more than one or two stays a year for a couple of days in Greece (they even spend their holidays much more and longer elsewhere than Greece) to prove that you really care...

Last edited:
To be honest I don't see why they should show an interest in moving to Greece. The country shows little to no interest at all in their former royals, why should they let it influence their life choices and where they live.

Well, do you move to a place because PEOPLE are interested if you do or do you move because YOU have an interest in living there?!:whistling:

Well, do you move to a place because PEOPLE are interested if you do or do you move because YOU have an interest in living there?!:whistling:

Ok but why would they have an interest in living there? Other than it being his country of birth. They have no obligation to Greece at all.
I agree with others that they seem to love the sudo-celebrity lifestyle and their children seem very used to wealth and jet setting. Their daughter certainly seems to be building a profile for herself as an IT girl. Whether you agree with that or not, I don't see why they should consider Greece in their life choices or in the future of their children. There is no chance of a restoration, the country treated them terribly. Other than holidays to Greece to revisit his birth country Pavlos seems to have no meaningful interest and to be honest I don't blame him!

the Miller family was not invited:nonono::nonono:, WAS the greek royal family,Crown Prince pavlos was in this event by this motive, he was invited. The event was sponsored by "Hellenic Initiative", which is a group of Greek businessmen with a significant relevance in the United States, Which raises funds and helps in Greek solidarity projects...... The invitation has been made by Republican senators to the Greek royal Family or Crown Prince Pavlos.

Thank you for the information stef, from that perspective the presence of Pavlos and his wife at the inaugural festivities makes more sense.:)

Ok but why would they have an interest in living there? Other than it being his country of birth. They have no obligation to Greece at all.
I agree with others that they seem to love the sudo-celebrity lifestyle and their children seem very used to wealth and jet setting. Their daughter certainly seems to be building a profile for herself as an IT girl. Whether you agree with that or not, I don't see why they should consider Greece in their life choices or in the future of their children. There is no chance of a restoration, the country treated them terribly. Other than holidays to Greece to revisit his birth country Pavlos seems to have no meaningful interest and to be honest I don't blame him!

Why would they have an interest?! I beg your pardon. Perhaps because they repeated over and over again before it was possible for them to live in Greece that they wanted to, because he kept on saying how much he missed Greece...?
And may be because Pavlos still claims to be the pretender of the former greek crown and how great Greece would be, how unique and wonderful the greek people were, bla bla bla...

And I don´t see why his daughter wouldn´t be able to play "It-Girl" while studying in NY with her parents living in all the luxury they are used to in Greece? Aren´t there millionairs and billionairs living in Greece?
Interview for his grandmother´s upcoming 90th birthday (Olympia was a toddler, Tino a little baby): "I keep my standard as a Crown Prince very high!"
If Paul was really serious about that it would mean to stay at least in europe (if Greece is not good enough for them) and to found several projects to help the poor and suffering greek people like his grandmother Frederica did or like his parents and younger brother are doing by the Anna-Maria-foundation.

I really do not understand how, of all people, the future head of a dynasty which fought for decades to win back the trust of their countrymen seems to do everything to proove republicans and anti-monarchists right!

I wouldn´t blame Pavlos either if he never claimed the things I metioned before. The fact that he repeatedly did prooves that it was nothing but, well, bla bla bla

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom