Pavlos and Marie-Chantal and Family current events 7: November 2010 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting video Cory, thank you. Nice sight of the family's London home too.

Like a parallel to the recent video of P Pavlos, here is the last post of a greek blogger who once allowed us to have a scan about a Life&Style Issue whith many pics of MC&Pavlos( Happy Turtle: A Royal Household). I've been following her blog since. I feel so sorry for all these lovely people in Greece... :
Happy Turtle

His economic analysis is true, Greece needs the private sector.

Pretty much so. You do wonder if Greeks' attitude towards their deposed royals is softening when they realise the political elites which brought down the monarchy are the same elites that have run the country into the ground.

David V,

As a greek, I would say that absolutely in no way has our attitude towards monarchy has changed.....
(I cannot analyze here the problem, mistakes, etc but I think that monarchy was part of the problem and not of the solution. OK, things went in the wrong way but the abolition of monarchy has nothing to do with it).

Pretty much so. You do wonder if Greeks' attitude towards their deposed royals is softening when they realise the political elites which brought down the monarchy are the same elites that have run the country into the ground.

Actually i have been hearing by people that a military dictatorship would be the solution which is a scary thought but people have lost faith in all political systems here. :sad:

As for my opinion i would like the GRF to return and assist in any possible way!!

I think Greece needs a smart,decisive manager like Lee Iacocca,not a military regime!It´s really depressing to hear all the bad news about Greece & at the moment I don´t see anyone who is capable to do something about the situation.I can understand that normal citizens are angry at the politicians who ruined their country-maybe the GRF can support them and show their commitment by helping the people who need it most...

the problem of Greece is the political class and the corruption. The politicians are corrupt ,govern in favor of their economy, not of the economy of the country. All person who have family into policy ,they are named civil servants, we have more civil servants than workers .The administration is horrible. In order to pay all this, the politicians, they have requested loans during years to other countries, those loans are very superiors to our incomes but the politicians that knew this, they have continued , now those numbers are enormous , we have to change but the politicians are the same, they are the same, the same .....

the problem of Greece is the political class and the corruption. The politicians are corrupt ,govern in favor of their economy, not of the economy of the country. All person who have family into policy ,they are named civil servants, we have more civil servants than workers .The administration is horrible. In order to pay all this, the politicians, they have requested loans during years to other countries, those loans are very superiors to our incomes but the politicians that knew this, they have continued , now those numbers are enormous , we have to change but the politicians are the same, they are the same, the same .....

Totally agree!!!

On October 20, Pavlos has attended a fundraising dinner and auction in aid of the Royal Scots Dragoon
Guards Afghanistan Welfare Appeal at the Royal Hospital Chelsea in London.

** Pic **

One more pointless for the Greek people action...Prince Pavlos should be in Greece, making fundraising actions for the Greek people, and not giving his money to pointless happenings abroad!

Last edited by a moderator:
One more pointless for the Greek people action...Prince Pavlos should be in Greece, making fundraising actions for the Greek people, and not giving his money to pointless happenings abroad!

Why should he be raising money for a country he has basically no ties to? He isn't heir to the throne as they are not the reigning royal family any more. He doesn't even live in Greece, London is his home I believe. Greece is the abroad to him I think.

and he is doing it, I know its founding moved to greeks children suffering of heart to U.S. hospitals for surgery. but he doesn´t talk of it in the newspaper.

I´m sure that Pavlos as well as his siblings and parents are deeply concerned about the situation in Greece. Many times people prefer to do things quietly rather than make a lot of noise about it.
The Greeks chose a Republican government. The King had to flee with his young queen and family.That doesn´t mean that this Royal family doesn´t love their country very much. And as a matter of fact King Constantine and Queen Anne Marie have been in Greece for long periods of time.

Didn't Pavlos serve briefly in the Royal Scots Dragoons?

So as a Greek you are basically saying "We dont want you as a Royal family but we think you should raise money to help us out because the governments we chose after kicking you out have really buggered up our country"?

So as a Greek you are basically saying "We dont want you as a Royal family but we think you should raise money to help us out because the governments we chose after kicking you out have really buggered up our country"?

I think that most of the Greeks that post here would love to bring back the GRF and restore them to their throne. So i believe that roimat means he (Prince Pavlos) should come to Greece help his country and make people understand what a big mistake they made in the past.

I´m sure the Royal Family is doing as much as they can to help the people by the "Ana Maria Foundation" - a thing they´re not obliged to do!

I´m sure the Royal Family is doing as much as they can to help the people by the "Ana Maria Foundation" - a thing they´re not obliged to do!

For which I suspect they get very little credit from the Greek government and little notice in the Greek press.

It's his money, as you mentioned, so he is entitled to do with it whatever he pleases. And why should he be in Greece? Greece did not want the Royal Family anymore, he is allowed to choose where he wants to live and do what he wants to do. There is no "should" in his case.

I think that most of the Greeks that post here would love to bring back the GRF and restore them to their throne. So i believe that roimat means he (Prince Pavlos) should come to Greece help his country and make people understand what a big mistake they made in the past.
I would argue again with the "should" here. Greeks chosen what they chosen, the King and the Queen had to flee the country. Why should Pavlos now come back to Greece and, using HIS money, make anyone understand anything?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would argue again with the "should" here. Greeks chosen what they chosen, the King and the Queen had to flee the country. Why should Pavlos now come back to Greece and, using HIS money, make anyone understand anything?

No one should or shouldn't for me is wishful thinking!

listen i am king costis' fan no. 1, but we must be realistic. this family becomes tears in eyes when they are in greece, they buy land there, talk about greece always and spend holidays and this is good. and king costis dreams of going back as king of greece one day and has plans for pavlos to become king. not realisitc, but we know king costis thinks so. if greeks are dear to the man who calls himself king of greece, now is time for action.

this family becomes tears in eyes when they are in greece, they buy land there, talk about greece always and spend holidays and this is good. and king costis dreams of going back as king of greece one day and has plans for pavlos to become king. not realisitc, but we know king costis thinks so.

How do 'we' know of King Constantine's dreams?

Since last November, the King Contatine convened several meetings in London, these meetings have been present great fortunes of Greek origins, all them have contributed to help Greece. Most of these fortunes traveled in exclusive to London for this meeting. This meeting was chaired and convened by the Greek monarch. Greece does not want their King but obviously her King loves them.I was thinking that if I spoke about it , someone would begin to insult the King, is normal, when they donated trucks ready to fight fires, they all criticize it, when they donated money to repair a school and others....in the north of Greece by flood suffered, ... It is always so, but they love Greece.

Last edited:
I always felt Greece does not deserve this fine family! In another country where all the work and achievements of the RF were appreciated, Constantine would have had a chance to be a great king! Bad luck for him he was born to become CPrince of Greece...

Time to get back to the topic of this thread - Pavlos and Marie Chantal's current events - thanks!

Christmas Card

Hello,
I haven´t seen Marie - Chantal´s card. I saw King Konstantine and Ana maria with their granchildren.

I have not the card of this year, I did not found it, but I read that it is one photo of the report published this year in " Point de Vue", in Spetses..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom