Pavlos and Marie-Chantal and Family current events 7: November 2010 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don´t you know about greece´s current horrid economic situation? (Spain´s position is almost similar). The attendance at a lavish princely wedding at Monaco, a place for the super-rich and beautiful, for the gr. royal family would hardly be appropriate right now...

So you think they adopted their own "austerity" measures and declined the invite?

I think you have a point there Wartenberg. They might have thought it wasn´t appropriate to participate of a lavish ceremony such as this was, whilst there is so much economic problems both in Spain as well as Greece.

I wonder what they expect to happen in case they turned down the invitation because of the economic crisis - nowbody really cares whether the former Greek royal family shows consideration, indeed nowbody - specially in Greece- is interested whether they care about Greece at all. Those actions don´t have the tiniest impact in case Constanine still hopes to get the throne back...
So they could have easily attend - nowbody cares.....

I agree, Stefanie. I hardly think the former Greek royals attending a wedding in Monaco would have had any impact on anyone in Greece. From what I know of the Greek people I have met, the GRF is pretty insignificant outside of a very small circle of royal watchers.

Monaco is not like other European States, and we all know the motive. I have read that the wedding of Monaco is financed by large fortunes of the Principality. The members with residence in Monaco are invited, this is obvious. The rest of Houses Royals are the large fortunes who say if they will be invited or no.... In Monaco are significant fortunes of families origin greek and Greek surname and powerful, even in politics. This conflict of interests, which causes that the Greek royal family is excluded from being invited to weddings in Monaco, and I think this reason is for Bulgaria, and who knows Spain. .. And others Royales Houses

Last edited:
The fact that the people of Greece wouldn´t care whether they went or not, is irrelevant. Because, even though they have a very remote chance of coming back to Greece as a royal family, it´s still a sign of respect from them to their people.I think it is a nice gesture as well.

I wonder what they expect to happen in case they turned down the invitation because of the economic crisis - nowbody really cares whether the former Greek royal family shows consideration, indeed nowbody - specially in Greece- is interested whether they care about Greece at all. Those actions don´t have the tiniest impact in case Constanine still hopes to get the throne back...
So they could have easily attend - nowbody cares.....

Well, some people do not do things because they have some sort of opportunist target in their mind (claiming a throne, to stick to your point),
but simply they feel it is the right thing to do, no matter if greek people care or not!
I hope Constantine doesn´t care, if the greeks care about it or not...

I agree, Stefanie. I hardly think the former Greek royals attending a wedding in Monaco would have had any impact on anyone in Greece. From what I know of the Greek people I have met, the GRF is pretty insignificant outside of a very small circle of royal watchers.

No matter if there was not a single person left in Greece who were interested in the RF (for being completely uninterested this country treated the family very badly in the last decades!), the King would never say or do something he´d consider as unappropriate towards Greece!

Last edited by a moderator:
How many Greeks know that the Greek Olympic Committee and the organizing committee of the olympic of Athens 2004 had to resort the last week of campaigning to win votes, to former King of Greece to defend the candidature ? Nobody. You have right , they did not travel to Monaco by economic situation of Greece, , it is a "sense of duty."

@Nikolopoulus is right, I have read in a Spanish newspaper, that the wedding was paid by businesses and wealthy residents in Monaco, they were the ones who took care of all the preparations, the reporter called wedding-businesses. My royal family was not invited because Spain is not friends of monaco, we only salute us, but we never talked. This is reason in which only invited King Juan Carlos, it was obvious that he could not go .. We are not friend.

No matter if there was not a single person left in Greece who were interested in the RF (for being completely uninterested this country treated the family very badly in the last decades!), the King would never say or do something he´d consider as unappropriate towards Greece!

This is a nice thought, and perhaps it is true. But none of us really know, do we? It's all speculation.

Okay, time to move on! This is a current event thread for Pavlos, Marie Chantal and their children,
they did not attend a certain event and we won't speculate any longer - thanks!

I hardly reckognized Odysseas - his hair grew much darker...

This is her only store in North America? Didn't she open one in Beverly Hills not long ago?

MC looks her usual gorgeous self!

She opened one in California -- I'm not sure what the location is.

I admire Marie Chantal´s enterprising career as a designer of children´s clothes. Good for her to be expanding her own business and it´s lovely how this family is always surrounded by all or even some otheir children. Both Odysseus and ASristides look wonderful and so smartly dressed!

MC and Pavlos were at a fashion event in New York last night. Great pictures at billyfarrellagency.com, help me post please! Pia was also in attendance as well as India Hicks!

Hurrah for the come back of color in CP MC's world ! Thank you for the pictures. I think Muriel Brandolini did the couple's New York Apartment around 1995.

Wow, Marie Chantal looks stunning with that dress. And the colour suits her to a t.

I don't like the shape of the dress... it is very medieval for my taste....

MC always shines....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom