Royal Ladies of Greece Fashion and Style, Part 1: November 2010 - October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She often can use a better bra. I like the dress and think that the ribbon belt just makes the look

Marie-Chantal at an event celebrating London Fashion Week in London on September 16, 2014, wearing a sleeveless dress in black and silver.

** Full view ** Upper part **

What an uggly and unflattering dress, wrong lenght, and bad choice of shoes (botties, for a "petite" with this lenght of skirt....). She should love it, because she worn exactly the same tohe day after in the celebrations of 50 years of wedding of King Costantine with Queen Anne-Marie. For me a total miss.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-GtfUGcKHzuo/VBqgetKtyQI/AAAAAAAADfo/Tv0SwDyY5XY/s1600/mc.jpg
Designer??

Theodora looking lovely at the golden wedding anniversary dinner of her parents in Greece yesterday, September 18, 2014:

She seems such a nice young woman and her dress is quite lovely and, with a really good updo, she would have looked amazing . . . except that she is the latest victim of flash photography and, in both photos her knickers are clearly visible, just as Queen Letizia'a bra was (last week?). :sad:

Wow, I really can see throughout the dress. Thank goodness for the extra material in the front of the dress. Means it is a pretty cheap dress, not lined. Probably too hot to wear a slip under it there

The grey lace dress was quite unflattering in the fit, style and color. The dress seemed to be an off fit around the bust and waist area, the color washed her out and the dress was a bit too long. Moreover, the belt looked like it was a gift ribbon tied around her waist. She could've done so much better.

The dress at London fashion week was really pretty IMO and I loved those heels matched with it.

She definitely needed a better bra with the grey dress and the ribbon should have been shorter. I liked the look for fashion week.

Marie-Chantal attended the 2015 Vanity Fair Oscar Party in Beverly Hills, California, on February 22, 2015, wearing a long creme white dress with a flower print.
The combination of that fabric with cut-outs creates the impression that the top part was bursting ;), but besides that it's nice.

Marie-Chantal attended the 2015 Vanity Fair Oscar Party in Beverly Hills, California, on February 22, 2015, wearing a long creme white dress with a flower print.
The combination of that fabric with cut-outs creates the impression that the top part was bursting ;), but besides that it's nice.

Alexander McQueen Pre Fall 2014 dress

I love the hair style, its also looks slightly darker which is great on her.
The dress, as you said it looks like it's bursting apart. Besides that, the print and color and fit is something she pulls off well.

Last edited:
The top of the dress is definitely too small on her. A shame really, because her hair and make-up are flawless.

I don't like it on her at all it really does nothing for her IMO I agree though for once her hair is fabulous and her makeup not too aging very flattering. OIMO

Personally I think the whole "Look" just goes to show that money can buy neither class nor taste.
She looks like "Mutton dressed up as Lamb.
She should take a leaf from her Mother in Law - Queen Anne Marie has always looked classy. But then again she has true breeding.

Ah ha, that is because she messed with the dress to be a little more modest. If you look at the model, you can see that the middle slit should not be attached, the model has it left open showing a lot of skin in the center, typical cleavage area. This also makes the models breasts look kind of apart and droopy, a look maybe mc wanted to avoid. Only a dress a model with perfect posture could wear. The earrings make up for it

Thank goodness she didn't wear the same shoes that the model wore!!! :)

Are those real cut-outs on her dress or is there a flesh toned material there? I didnt know that she could wear something like that w.o. the whole protocol thingy.... I understand they arent reigning but they attend royal events regularly, sometimes more than other reigning families so...anyway no big deal, I just never thought she could where that! Love the dress either way.

Oh.. and she has eye-shadow eyes :) her eyeshadow was worth putting on if you know what I mean....

Are those real cut-outs on her dress or is there a flesh toned material there? I didnt know that she could wear something like that w.o. the whole protocol thingy.... I understand they arent reigning but they attend royal events regularly, sometimes more than other reigning families so...anyway no big deal, I just never thought she could where that! Love the dress either way.

Oh.. and she has eye-shadow eyes :) her eyeshadow was worth putting on if you know what I mean....

I was a little surprised too, but I do really like it. In the close up pictures you can see that the vertical slits over her chest are real cut-outs and the horizontal cut-outs underneath those have flesh-tone sheer material

Princess Marie-Chantal wore a Dolce and Gabbana gown, exclusive to net-a-porter.com at the dinner and dance celebration for her parents (Robert and Chantal) 50th wedding anniversary at Villa d'Este Hotel in Lake Como, Italy. The dinner party was hosted/planned by the 3 sisters - Pia, MC and Alexandra.

https://scontent-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/h...=79aa6991492acc4f9d719606392211ca&oe=55CDF649

I think MC's headband is also from Dolce and Gabbana, but since the designers made several designs for their collection, I can't tell which one MC is wearing.

Both sisiters looked lovely. I like Alexandra's gown more as it has clean lines and bright colour. Marie Chantal's dress is all right. Richelieu embroidery adds a delicate touch to the dress.

Last edited:
Love the dress, its so pretty and fresh in white.

I'm liking Alexandra's dress much more than MC's. The D&G dress looks to be a little snug on her. And for the price, I'd have picked Alex's dress. I mean, WOW, is the price of MC's dress correct? $24,000?

MC looks lovely, but I agree that her dress seems to be a little tight on her. I prefer Alex's dress.

I'm liking Alexandra's dress much more than MC's. The D&G dress looks to be a little snug on her. And for the price, I'd have picked Alex's dress. I mean, WOW, is the price of MC's dress correct? $24,000?

Yes, it's $24,000.
Dolce & Gabbana | Cutout crepe gown | NET-A-PORTER.COM
But it's quite possible that the gown was borrowed.

Alexandra's: Monique Lhuillier One Shoulder Pleated Gown | SHOPBOP
Same with Alexandra. She's good friends with the designer so I think this might be a loan too. I wonder if it is the exact gown that actress Emmy Rossum wore:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/2b/ef/16/2bef165f9f8f975365d4b1a8f3882516.jpg

Off-topic posts have been removed.

Yesterday, May 14, Marie-Chantal attended the 'Icons of Style' dinner in London wearing a nice black dress with flowers on the skirtpart:

I don't really care for the enormous flowers on the skirt.

I love the white dress of the young lady standing next to her. Lovely.

I don't really care for the enormous flowers on the skirt.

I love the white dress of the young lady standing next to her. Lovely.

I agree with you especially the shoes is very beautiful.

It certainly is a different look.. but not unflattering. MC always manages to embody elegance, and she is a lovely women.

Marie Chantal is such a beautiful woman. I love the black with the huge green JAR earrings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom