Marie-Chantal's relationship with her Royal In-Laws

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When the Millers came to the Royal side of the world it was touted that Mr Miller was worth a billion dollars and each daughter had a $200,000,000 "dowry". It was never clarified if the money changed hands after the weddings or papa still controls the funds and finances the lavish lifestyle.
I understood that the tiara was given to MC from Q AM ( I mean the one she wore on her wedding day and to official affaires later)
Mr Miller paid for the entire pre wedding and wedding festivities. The ladies received an Hermes scarf as a "favour" and a cup and saucer with the couple's initial on it. It was supposed to have cost $5,000,000. Two of the most extreme items I had read was that Mama Miller asked for some friends to loan her their private plane to fly the white roses from Equador and when she checked the glasses at Hampton Court she found them "unfit" so she flew the ones she wanted from NY...........I guess the old say is always true.......It's only money....... :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think she gets on well with her in-laws. There have been photos of KC and Mr. Miller yachting together and pics of Pia Miller attending the wedding of Pss Alexia. As for their marriage, it's believed in some circles it was all a matter of convenience: the GRF needed $$$ and the social-climbing Millers wanted a good match (preferably a royal one) for their daughter. I guess everyone got what they wanted.

I have always thought that despite the convenience of the marriage, the families really did seem to get along (although, I've yet to see a photo where Mrs. Miller looks anything other than icy). MC seems to be truly fond of her in-laws, and they seem to be equally fond of her.

I would think she gets on well with her in-laws. There have been photos of KC and Mr. Miller yachting together and pics of Pia Miller attending the wedding of Pss Alexia. As for their marriage, it's believed in some circles it was all a matter of convenience: the GRF needed $$$ and the social-climbing Millers wanted a good match (preferably a royal one) for their daughter. I guess everyone got what they wanted.

There was much ado about the cross Atlantic trip Pavlos took with his father in law in the FIL's new ship but I have never seen KC sailing with the Millers. He has his own kaiki in Porto Heli and the Millers never showed up there except for the last Baptism. I do not believe they socialize unless they have to. KC did not attend Alex and Alex's wedding but Q AM, Alexia and Nikolaos were present. I am not saying they are at odds, but I highly doubt they spend personal time together. Pia and her parents attended Alexia's wedding but one must look at the not too prominent gatherings. None of the Millers or MC attended Alexia's latest baby's Christening, or Theodora's graduation from Brown U or Phillipos's from Georgetown. If they were close some would have attended even if MC was pregnant at the time.

I have always thought that despite the convenience of the marriage, the families really did seem to get along (although, I've yet to see a photo where Mrs. Miller looks anything other than icy). MC seems to be truly fond of her in-laws, and they seem to be equally fond of her.

The last interview MC gave the Vanity Fair had a sentence that made me wonder. It was with reference to the blood loss at the London private clinic during her fourth baby's birth. She said that she told Pavlos to only think of himself and make his own decisions. I took it ( I may be totally wrong) that she did not like any influence from Pavlos's family, since who else could influence his decisions?
When they first became engaged Q AM gave an interview and she said that MC was raised in a family vastly different than themselves and she was learning......also she asked her to learn Greek......We all know how well that went.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow, Odette. I had no idea that Queen AM asked MC to learn Greek. I find it very disrespectful that MC did not continue her Greek lessons. I don't think that the Queen's request was unreasonable, especially since MC carries the title "Crown Princess Pavlos of Greece".

I think she goes out to social events (fashion events, etc., where she is photographed) on her own very rarely and I would not call her a partier. She could probably go out a lot because I assume she has the help, and she probably gets many invitations. Before she was engaged I don't remember seeing photos of her out clubbing , so I think she tends to be more of a homebody. She doesn't strike me as superficial.

Pre-Pavlos, MC was a real clubber and this may have continued a little bit pre-baby #1 after the wedding in New York City where they lived.
I have always thought that the GRF was glad to get both Pavlos and MC out of New York City and over to London to get them away from a very Euro-trashy sort of crowd they liked to hang out with. MC and her shopping sprees and fashion shows with her sisters and socialite friends just didn't present a very "princessy" picture to the world.
In London, MC leads a much more sedate life.

Oh wow, Odette. I had no idea that Queen AM asked MC to learn Greek. I find it very disrespectful that MC did not continue her Greek lessons. I don't think that the Queen's request was unreasonable, especially since MC carries the title "Crown Princess Pavlos of Greece".

A lot of brides to be are sweet and accomodating until they feel secure and then all plans fly out of the window. I do not know if she cannot learn Greek, she does not want to or she does not care one way or the other.
I am sure she loved the "Crown Princess" title but I suppose she was not told yet that no such thing exists in her case.:whistling:

That is soooo enlightening!!I never knew all those details,but I could see how different the 2 families are.So,it was a marriage of convenience.I remember Pavlos stating that he fell in love with her the moment he saw her.But,maybe that's what everyone told him to say...really sad!

I remember reading once that one summer CP Pavlos and CP MC got a greek-speaking nanny for the children (I think there were only 3 kids at the time) to help the children and MC with their greek. I don't know how well that worked out.

None of the Millers or MC attended Alexia's latest baby's Christening, or Theodora's graduation from Brown U or Phillipos's from Georgetown. If they were close some would have attended even if MC was pregnant at the time.

I agree, with much of what you have written but I do want to add my own two cents on something: I don't know if we can really make much of MC/Pavlos lack of attendance at a graduation or a fourth christening. When people begin to have families of their own, even with little kids, you have to begin weighing alot more factors when considering which "family of origin" events to go to. For example, little kiddos get tired of the traveling, get sick, have their own ballet or soccer activities to go to, and sometimes something like a graduation or christening just doesn't seem 'important' enough to make the effort to get to. Even with nannies, it is a disruption to the rhythm of family life to take kids out of things and with four kids - it's alot. I surely do not know why they weren't there and it could be there are family strains in relationships, but I don't place too much weight on the fact that they weren't there.

The last interview MC gave the Vanity Fair had a sentence that made me wonder. It was with reference to the blood loss at the London private clinic during her fourth baby's birth. She said that she told Pavlos to only think of himself and make his own decisions.

I wondered about the same thing when I read this. It's almost as though it was a "let's grow up Pavlos and move away from being in the grip of your parents" time. Sooner or later I think we all need to make that break.

Back
Top Bottom