The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-25-2004, 10:03 AM
Royal Highness

"I think MC can barely put a sentence together."

She's alot smarter than that. You never though until you actually get people together.

Old 08-25-2004, 10:21 AM
Nobility

I think that MC can put a sentence together, but her conversations would most likely be limited. MC has traveled as much as Letizia, but the two women most likely take things in differently and experience them differently. Letizia, for me, does seem as though she would be more academic and most likely more interested in world affairs and a broad range of things. MC, on the other hand, seems to be someone who would be more interested in fashion and things relating to society (the social scene, apperances.....etc). I wouldn't call MC dumb, but I would definitely conclude from reading her interviews over the years that her way of thinking is not very broad because neither are her interests.

Old 08-25-2004, 10:47 AM
Courtier

Well, you could say that, but one cannot go entirely by interviews. The interviewers ask the questions. If all the interviews consist of the same questions over and over and over again then we will get the same answers over and over and over again. The best way to learn about someone is a) Know them personally, B) Know their friends, C) Read their autobiography or a biography that has their stamp of approval on it.

As for her learning Greek, Maria-Olympia was born a year after their marriage. There were two more children born in the next 4 years. If she had three children 4 and under I doubt she could sit down and concentrate long enough to learn Greek. I realise that she does have nannies for her children, but I get the impression that she likes to be the one to take care of them when she can like she should. She's also working a regular job. I'm sure when she comes home she would like to spend time with her children as much as possible.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:07 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitude
Well, you could say that, but one cannot go entirely by interviews. The interviewers ask the questions. If all the interviews consist of the same questions over and over and over again then we will get the same answers over and over and over again. The best way to learn about someone is a) Know them personally, B) Know their friends, C) Read their autobiography or a biography that has their stamp of approval on it.

As for her learning Greek, Maria-Olympia was born a year after their marriage. There were two more children born in the next 4 years. If she had three children 4 and under I doubt she could sit down and concentrate long enough to learn Greek. I realise that she does have nannies for her children, but I get the impression that she likes to be the one to take care of them when she can like she should. She's also working a regular job. I'm sure when she comes home she would like to spend time with her children as much as possible.
Thank you , but I do know the best ways of learning about someone and you can tell quite a bit about someone by their mannerism, body language, their interests, and the way in which they answer questions. BTW, no one has asked MC the same questions over and over again. She has had MANY interviews for various reasons and it is clear that there is no depth to her personality. I am not saying that she is a bad person, but she is not someone who could out whit many.

If you any doubt about the difference of the interviews, then please look at some of the links and Alex B's sites. You can see that even after becoming a wife, mother, and entrepeneur, that MC hasn't evolved very much. Which is fine, but why can't it be said if that is how one feels?

And, BTW, Samitude, since you are such a big fan of MC and have so much insight on her personality, might you know her personally. After all, you do believe that the best way to know a person is to know them personally and that we can't go on what she has said herself in interviews. So, if you find that logic to be true and that all of our opinions whether positive or negative should be based on truly knowing MC, then am I to conclude that you have based your opinions and assumptions on knowing MC? Or is that like the rest of us, you are merely stating your opinion based on the resources available to you (pictures, interviews, print journalism etc.) as the rest of us?
Old 08-25-2004, 11:24 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitude

a regular job? Of what? buying couture and getting her hair done? I've studied languages in a group situation, and I would be an expert after 10 years with just three hours a week!
Old 08-25-2004, 12:42 PM
Gentry

So Samitude is to be taken to task for assuming things about a woman she's never met, but Isabel knows all about the same woman (whom she has never met, either)?

That's laughable. It's absurd to claim you can tell all about a person just from body language.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:13 PM
Serene Highness

MC has been interviewed on video a few times. And her lack of charitable work is self evident.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:10 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbette
MC has been interviewed on video a few times. And her lack of charitable work is self evident.
You couldn't be farther from the truth. Aside from raising her children and running her clothing company, Marie-Chantal is very much involved with various charities and foundations.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:11 PM
Royal Highness

Which charities other than making the sweaters with the Greek flag on them and donating the proceeds to the people of Greece has she done? Honestly?
Old 08-25-2004, 03:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa
You couldn't be farther from the truth. Aside from raising her children and running her clothing company, Marie-Chantal is very much involved with various charities and foundations.
Such as? And what does she do? I'm not saying she should be doing any of this, I'm just wondering.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:34 PM
Royal Highness

I don't know all the charities and foundations that she supports. I know from reading vogue that she has co-chaired the New York City Ballet in the past and other foundations. She also has been active in two of her family's charities that support underprivileged children and various environmental causes.
Old 08-25-2004, 06:19 PM
Courtier

I don't know Princess Marie-Chantal at all, although I think it would be nice. All the things I am saying are just my observations; just like what everyone else says are their observations as well.

I haven't read all of her interviews. I was mainly referring to the Hola!, Hello!, Point de Vue interviews, etc. They all tend to ask the same questions.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:40 PM
Royal Highness

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa
I don't know all the charities and foundations that she supports. I know from reading vogue that she has co-chaired the New York City Ballet in the past and other foundations. She also has been active in two of her family's charities that support underprivileged children and various environmental causes.

I can add to that list Innocence en Danger, an organization that works in the fight against the exploitation of children.
Old 08-27-2004, 12:53 AM
Serene Highness

What do you mean "active"? I see her name listed on the website--nothing else on google.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:48 AM
Royal Highness

I don't see HRH as active. Active would be going out and speaking for all of these charities she supposidly works for. When she is out active for them, I will believe it. I am sure that she donates money, but, that alone is not enough, you have to show that you mean what you do!!! I do however understand that she at this time is expecting. In that case Pavlos should be out there...
Old 08-27-2004, 10:18 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
What do you mean "active"? I see her name listed on the website--nothing else on google.
Active as in active. The word really defines itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanel
When she is out active for them, I will believe it.
I think you mean when you personally "see" that she is active. There are alot of behind the scenes work that goes on where charities are concerned.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:05 AM
Serene Highness

Really, so you're saying she's licked a stamp for these people? Or made a phone call?
Old 08-27-2004, 12:36 PM
Royal Highness

Most likely!
Old 08-27-2004, 12:44 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Really, so you're saying she's licked a stamp for these people? Or made a phone call?
Lol...Your guesses are quite funny and partially possible. Making phone calls and talking to people whether for researching or trying to get them to support her charity events is entirely possible.:)
Old 08-27-2004, 02:46 PM
Royal Highness

A possibility!