Marie-Chantal: Opinions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To me, M-C has always come off as a "not so nice" person. Very rich and very aloof. However, there have been several interviews with her in Swedish media recently and she is always described as VERY friendly and very down-to-earth. One interview is on TV on Monday and I can't wait to see it. The interviewer, who has followed several of the royals (at least, Silvia, Victoria, Mary, Mette Marit, Charles and Camilla and so on) says that M-C is the nicest one by far and that she could really be herself in M-C's precense. Interesting huh?

Does she sells fashion brands of her own brand design by her?

To me, M-C has always come off as a "not so nice" person. Very rich and very aloof. However, there have been several interviews with her in Swedish media recently and she is always described as VERY friendly and very down-to-earth. One interview is on TV on Monday and I can't wait to see it. The interviewer, who has followed several of the royals (at least, Silvia, Victoria, Mary, Mette Marit, Charles and Camilla and so on) says that M-C is the nicest one by far and that she could really be herself in M-C's precense. Interesting huh?

Do you know the name of the tv show that will feature this interview? Do you know if it will be available online?

Do you know the name of the tv show that will feature this interview? Do you know if it will be available online?

The program is called "Prinsar och prinsessor" and its broadcasted by TV4. The episode with MC airs tonight. I'm afraid you can't see it online, or at least I haven't been able to find any way how to. This is the link to the show: tv4.se - Prinsar & prinsessor

The program is called "Prinsar och prinsessor" and its broadcasted by TV4. The episode with MC airs tonight. I'm afraid you can't see it online, or at least I haven't been able to find any way how to. This is the link to the show: tv4.se - Prinsar & prinsessor

Thank you Cissan. Hopefully, it will turn up on youtube at some point. I will also check netflix to see if they have the show in their collection. :flowers:

Now I have watched the show. She seemed nice - not übernice but nice. But I have never heard anyone use the term "you know" so much. In every sentence - I'm not kidding!

The program mostly focused on how she tried to act like the perfect princess, just in case she will one day be asked to be Queen of Greece. Most of the questions were about her kids and her daily routines (she gets up at 6.45 every morning).

There was a nice story from the wedding. When they took the big family portrait that was the biggest collection of "crowned heads" sin one room since the forties. Apparantly a relative who was supposed to be in the portrait was missing so someone went out to get her and put her in the front row, next to Queen Ingrid. Then they took the picture. After a while Queen Elizabeth asked her "servant" who the woman was and got the answer "isn't that princess bla bla bla" and Q E answered that it wasn't. Then everyone realized that they had gotten the wrong old lady in a wheelchair. The picture was apparantly taken at a public place and the woman in the wheelchair was just a commoner who had waited for her daughter outside the toilet. Queen Elizabeth found the story hilarious and demanded that the old lady must get the picture that had been taken of her and all the highest royalty in Europe. Nice, isn't it?

Thank you, Cissan for this hilarious story! What a great case of mistaken identity! I think it was sweet that Queen Elizabeth insisted that the woman receive a copy of the portrait. The lucky woman. I have never been confused with royalty. Maybe someday (lol).:flowers:

I hope that a clip of the interview will be available online at some point. Unfortunately, I am in the US, where the media doesn't feature royal interviews.

I would love to see the show ! Did MC say what sport she does ? I've always wondered how she kept that fit and toned...
Do you think the show can be bought from the channel ?

On the channel web page it´s a photo of MC, she was sitting at her home. She was beautiful

Well, I don't like her very much...I think she really believes she will be Queen of Greece some day, and she acts like one.

She's a relative of the Spanish Royal Family and shares holidays and family gatherings with them, but I think people in Spain find her...mmm...a bit ridiculous, to say the least.

Duquesita-I was wondering if MC spends a lot of time in Spain? Does she only spend time with her extended family on holidays, or does she attend events as well? I was just curious about her closeness with her Spanish relatives. It seems that we hardly ever see photos of her in Spain.

She usually spends some days of her holidays in Majorca, in the palace the Royal Family uses in summer. She appears in lots of pics when paparazzi follow Felipe or Letizia or the Infantas.

I remember a special event, about 2 years ago, when Queen Sofía gathered all her grandchildren and they visited a marine park and touched tortoises and dolphins. MC was there, with her husband and children. Olimpia was one of the children who, fearless, touched the big tortoise.

Prince Pavlos is Prince Felipe's best friend; that's what both of them have confessed in many occasions.

I have ocassionally seen her in pictures featuring some private event of the Spanish Royal Family, too.

Really ? but we've never seen such things on this board ! :eek: Are there elements about it in the threads about the Spanish RF ?
Can you post some pictures or links about this ? I cannot believe I missed so much ! :bang:

Really ? but we've never seen such things on this board ! :eek: Are there elements about it in the threads about the Spanish RF ?
Can you post some pictures or links about this ? I cannot believe I missed so much ! :bang:

Are you referring to the marine park visit?

I made a search in Google yesterday and I found that it was in 2003, and I got a picture of Queen Sofía with the tortoises, with Froilán ( Infanta Elena's son) and Maria Olimpia, but MC is not in sight, although she was just there, because I remember all the pics ( Hola Magazine published all of them). But I couldn't find any more photographs :neutral:

Why would they not all spend time together. Felipe and Pavlos have said for years they are very close. Would not royal families gather friends and families around for their vacations and holidays like the rest of us do? Considering that royal families have to be exceedingly careful about who they spend time with in order to not be betrayed by "friends" it makes sense that most of their private social life is with relatives.

She seems like a lovely person. Out of the three sisters, Marie-Chantal seems to be the friendliest. Of course, this is just my opinion and I have not ever had the pleasure of meeting her or seeing her in person. I do think that she needs to become fluent in Greek. Regardless of whether or not the Greek Royal Family returns to Greece and their throne, it is crucial that anyone who has "of Greece" or "Crown Princess" in their title speak the language of the country they feel they are representing. Marie-Chantal is already fluent in two languages, so she definitely has the ability to learn a third. I salute her family for their dedication to teaching Greek to the children, and this bond would be even stronger when each member of the family speaks the language.

Actually, her sister Alexandra is the most friendly of the three Miller girls. MC and Pia are both very nice but a bit more shy.

MC speaks three languages fluently. English, French and Italian. She does speek some Greek but there's not a lot of opportunity to practice the language in London.

I really liked these 2003 pics in Spain ...from a time when MC did not wear so much black...:ermm:
Cissan, would you have any clue about how to watch the TV show you saw about MC ?

The Spanish holiday photos are great! Good find.

To my (limited) knowledge CP Marie-Chantal has always behaved like a "lady" at all times, no negative media coverage (which is something of a rarity with a lot of the Royals), seems to have a good marriage, 4 well behavied children, her own business, and gets along with other Royal Families. Hats off to her, now she is having #5 baby.

I have had some days off and I bought February 2008 Vanity Fair and read the article they publish about MC and her family. She has the same article in her website, where you can dl it.

It's quite interesting.

I would love to see the show ! Did MC say what sport she does ? I've always wondered how she kept that fit and toned...
Do you think the show can be bought from the channel ?

MC is an avid skier and rider. She also is a fan of the Atkins diet which she learned about from Alexandra (who was trying to lose baby weight after Tassilo was born).

Does MC ever compete in riding? It would be fun to watch her.

I've never seen any photos of her on or even with a horse. That would be interesting. I wonder if the children ride as well.

In the Vanity Fair article it is said she had a big "horses" period, but I never saw one single pic of MC on a horse.
I had read also about the atkins diet, but I don't know if she still does it. It does not seem very healthy nor very environmentally friendly (lots of meat and fat). Two dimensions MC is well aware of nowadays from what I read.

In the Vanity Fair article it is said she had a big "horses" period, but I never saw one single pic of MC on a horse.
I had read also about the atkins diet, but I don't know if she still does it. It does not seem very healthy nor very environmentally friendly (lots of meat and fat). Two dimensions MC is well aware of nowadays from what I read.

In the Vanity Fair article, it states that CP Pavlos was very impressed with the environmental work of Al Gore, and that he would like to become involved in that cause. I would guess that MC has probably changed her diet to something more eco-friendly. I would also guess that since she is pregnant, her doctors are probably encouraging her to eat a more balanced diet, not one that relies so heavily on meats.

Either way, it would be nice to see Pavlos and MC become involved in environmental causes.

So far, I have not noticed any regal characteristic in Marie Chantall. She is a girl with lots of money who does what she wants and who loves the publicity around her. To me , she is more of a jet setter than a princess. And her husband, the same, he is a typical yuppie who loves to party. My opinion.

So far, I have not noticed any regal characteristic in Marie Chantall. She is a girl with lots of money who does what she wants and who loves the publicity around her. To me , she is more of a jet setter than a princess. And her husband, the same, he is a typical yuppie who loves to party. My opinion.
I see what you mean but I think MC and Pavlos are in a sort of limbo situation. They are royal (he by blood, she by marriage) but really have no place to be royal. The Greek monarchy is gone and the chances of it coming back in Pavlos' lifetime are slim to none. So where do they really get the chance to "be royal?" Their titles are more courtesy titles than anything that carries much weight. They attend functions with other royals, I suppose that could be considered a royal duty. At one point there was alot of talk about them starting charitable organizations, etc., but you don't hear much about that anymore. What tends to be the focus of this unfortunate couple - and when I say "unfortunate" I mean in royal terms - is their lavish lifestyle thanks mostly to the Miller money and her bearing of a large family. They're an attractive couple who live well and thanks to MC's father's connections often appear in magazines and so forth (exactly why, I'm not sure) so they do see to it they are not forgotten. But otherwise . . . it must be a very weird existence, sort of like A Prince & Princess Without A Country.

I've moved/removed the most recent off-topic posts.
Please note we have threads for videos, Greek RF titles, Marie Chantal's pregnancy, and Marie Chantal's current events.

thanks,
Warren
Greek RF moderator

I admire Marie Chantal, independently of her being the wife of Pavlos or the daughter of Robert Miller. I think she is a good mother, a happy wife, a modern woman insofar as she has her own work and appears to be successful doing it. Also, she has a lovely family.

Back
Top Bottom