Marie-Chantal: Opinions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pavlos was indeed blond as a child (his hair had a sweet golden color).

The older boys and the girl are getting darker hair as they grow.
I have in my mind a photo of P Alexia and P Pavlos in a pram when they were both practically hanging out of it trying to see toys at a window shop.......Then the photos and interview they gave at the Manhattan house when M O was born. There was a huge bear there and Pavlos said when he was a child he always wanted a big bear.........Can you imagine?? He wanted things his children can have and he did not....

At least he is able to give his children whatever they want. It is a bit ironic though.

At least he is able to give his children whatever they want. It is a bit ironic though.

It sure is........He is a blue blood royal prince and the goodies come courtesy of the duty free business tycoon.........:eek:

I remember a photo with Alexia and Pavlos with their mother and aunts Sophia and Irine in Mon Repo Palace outside the city of Corfu.
I'm not surprised that they didn't have all kinds of toys,simply because there weren't many kinds of them to be found in Greece.My mother has told me that she and her sister hadn't seen candies or chocolates until the age of 15.

Even though there weren't a lot of toys to be found in Greece during that time, you would think that the parents would have made up for this when they went to Italy. Perhaps Constantine and Anne Marie didn't want to spoil the children? Or maybe it was due to their situation.

I do not believe the royal children went wanting for anything. They left Greece when Pavlos was less than 7 months old so he could not have remembered the bear back then. I agree that it is possible the royals are not spoiling their children buying them anything that is up for sale.
I guess no matter how anyone is raised they always feel it could be just a tad better...

My opinion of Marie-Chantal has softened since reading more in the "Socialites" thread. Compared to other so-called socialites, she is low-key, elegant, and scandal-free. Her marriage to actual (though non-reigning) blue-blood seems pretty solid, although her sisters haven't been so lucky in love. I understand why some might think it's excessive to have one nanny for each child, but now that I think about it, if I had the means, I wouldn't mind a few extra nannies taking 5 kids off my hands sometimes :p

M-C is low-keyed compared to many others;I don't read about her bragging that she has this and that,and I don't see her on entertainment news shows.
I think that she is a very lucky woman because it appears that she has everything:financial security,a great family life,a loving husband,good education,business opportunities...I just consider her blessed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mc

Agreed - Although I'm not naive (rarely is anything as good as it appears), MC does seem to have a satisfying, exciting, loving, and secure life. Every family has their issues, of course, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't envy her looks, lifestyle, and status (I already have the wonderful family)!

Something tells me all is not as it seems w MC. I can't quite put a finger on it. True, every family has their issues and problems, but she doesn't seem as happy or something as she did (from what we can tell, not knowing her personally) in previous years. I dunno . . . it's just a feeling.

I get what you mean. In all the pictures, MC seems distant and unemotional like she's preoccupied. But that could be interpreted as her private nature. Even if she felt unfulfilled in her life in some way, she is not one (not yet at least) to share it with the world through a magazine spread like Paris Hilton, Casey Johnson (even though she thinks herself low-key Heiress vs. Heiress | vanityfair.com) or even her sister Alexandra.

Exactly. She def has more class than the Paris Hilton/Casey Johnson set. But then they haven't married into European royalty (or former royalty). It could just be a woman moving from youth into middle age and certain realities, etc. that everyone goes through. Her business seems to be doing well and she has her lovely family that by all appearances she seems to adore. Hopefully she's happy.

I remember that photoshot in Life & Style.There were many other photos as well.I think it was during Easter(I have already explained the Greek tradition with the red bracelets.Remember?)

Out of curiousity I wonder if she makes her nannys,staff,co-workers,etc curtsey to her,and call "Your Royal Highness" and "M'am",even though the monarchy does not exist.

IloveCP said:
Out of curiousity I wonder if she makes her nannys,staff,co-workers,etc curtsey to her,and call "Your Royal Highness" and "M'am",even though the monarchy does not exist.

IloveCP,
Yes, that is something to think about. She, through her now deceased father(?), is said to be worth a very 'paltry' 250 million USD. MC received this amount after her marriage into ex-royal family of Greece

Mr. Miller deceased? Not at all, rather the opposite. He seems to enjoy good health, as far as I know. And why do we have to talk about money, it's so not chic, my dear. As they say, if you really want to make new friends, there are 2 topics you'd better stay away from: politics and money! :lol:

NotHRH said:
IloveCP,
Yes, that is something to think about. She, through her now deceased father(?), is said to be worth a very 'paltry' 250 million USD. MC received this amount after her marriage into ex-royal family of Greece

Is has been noted that her net worth far exceeds that of her father-in-law, the (ex-) King Constantine of Greece. He is another royal also to be reported 'not very wealthy (any more).' Does anyone know (in/directly) the true facts concerning the ex-King of the Hellenes' wealth? Is he really as 'poor' as reported? Or not?
(I am not asking for report on Constantine's assets or any specifics, just wondering how poor is poor!)
Also, how is Constintine's health holding up these days?

:previous:
Robert Miller remains very much alive.

The dowry was reportedly around GB£200m which at current conversion rates is close to US$324m.
We haven't heard any reports of Pavlos and MC being short of cash so it's probably safe to assume that the dowry has been carefully invested.

As to King Constantine, all measures of wealth are relative.
What we do know with certainty is that the Greek Royal Family since it's inception never figured very high on the royal rich list.

Last edited:
la_noblesse said:
Mr. Miller deceased? Not at all, rather the opposite. He seems to enjoy good health, as far as I know. And why do we have to talk about money, it's so not chic, my dear. As they say, if you really want to make new friends, there are 2 topics you'd better stay away from: politics and money! :lol:

Make friends? I have more than I can handle now! Also, it seems you implicated your status as one who is privy to Mr. Miller's goings-on. Yes or no, it really does not matter to me; at the end the day, I will still not know him. I have never pretended to be something/somebody I am not. Talking about money and politics may not win friends, but they do make the world go 'round! And 'round. C'est la vie.

Warren said:

The dowry was reportedly around GB£200m which at current conversion rates is close to US$324m.
We haven't heard any reports of Pavlos and MC being short of cash so it's probably safe to assume that the dowry has been carefully invested.

What we do know with certainty is that the Greek Royal Family since it's inception never figured very high on the royal rich list.

Relative to what or who (I thought I'd ask anyway)?

Robert Miller did not pay out a dowry when his daughter Marie-Chantal married. What did happen is that each of his daughters once they married got access to their Trust Funds. So Marie-Chantal upon her marriage got access to her Trust Fund, she and Pavlos are far richer than the rest of the Greeks thanks to that money.

Robert Miller did not pay out a dowry when his daughter Marie-Chantal married. .

According to a 2008 Vanity Fair story, Miller "provided his daughter a $200 million dowry." Since Pavlos and Marie-Chantal cooperated with this story and did not refute the point, it's a pretty credible source.

Here's the link: Greece's Royal Couple | Style | Vanity Fair

According to a 2008 Vanity Fair story, Miller "provided his daughter a $200 million dowry." Since Pavlos and Marie-Chantal cooperated with this story and did not refute the point, it's a pretty credible source.

The story says ...reportedly provided his daughter... So we may never know it if was a dowry or some other arrangement for the transfer of the funds to the daughter.

Regardless of how she got the money, her father was/is very wise in handling money and provided very generously for all his daughters. So yes, MC and Pavlos, through the Miller $$$, are indeed extremely wealthy. But the entire family seems very modest about it. They only seem to discuss it publicly when the issue is broached by a journalist, and even then they remain quite discreet about the level of their wealth. Mr. Miller is rarely even interviewed. All of this is a credit to the family. La Noblesse is correct in what is "accepted" as polite conversation, tho I was brought up to carefully avoid topics of money and politics, but religion as well.

Marie-Chantal herself in an interview stated that she and her sisters were each given control of their Trust Fund when they married. (No mention of dowry) The dowry has always been speculation but the access to Trust Fund was confirmed.

And don't forget the Pavlos and Alexander von Furstenburg set up a hedge fund after they married the Miller Girls. I would assume they were managing the "family" money. I would also hope that the prenups were airtight and Alexandra left her marriage with her trust fund/dowery intact.

I looked at MC's profile on amiannoying.com(A website about "annoying" famous people)And it said she likes to be called "Your Majesty".Do your think that's true?I don't know how reliable the person who wrote it.If it's true,than it's kinda weird since she's not really a queen.

Here's the link

AmIAnnoying.com

PS,if you scroll down and click on,"Royaly Nobles and Monarchs"it shows how "annoying" royals are past and present.It's very entertaining when your bored!

Last edited:
I have mixed feelings about M-C, but I do NOT think she is stupid enough to demand that anyone call her "Your Majesty!"

Not in private and certainly not in public.

I can see her demanding to be addressed as "Your Highness" which might be annoying to some people since Greece no longer has a monarchy.

Back
Top Bottom