The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-27-2005, 10:49 AM
Aristocracy

Gee, I miss the days when a king was a king and a prince was a prince regardless of what the people thought of them. Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette weren't any less of a king and queen because people hated them. Before those things like revolutions and modern republics and democracies, men were kings because GOD wanted them to be. It was refreshing in its simplicity.

Old 11-27-2005, 10:50 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrodite26
I have followed MC and her sisters in the media for years. . .since they first became 'popular' in the early 90's. . .I read every fashion mag. and they were always in all of them. She has always seemed sweet yet elegant which can come off as 'snotty' I suppose. I would love to meet her in her store and chat with her.

Duc de Chatres-What did she have to say? Does she speak with a British or American accent? There has been debate over her height- is she really 5'7" or more like 5'2". Is she often in her London store?

Regards
She and her sisters were always in W magazine-BEFORE they were engaged.

Old 11-29-2005, 07:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by violante
She can bear children too.... Wonder if there will be a 5th one?
MC is a pretty and classy rich girl, but that's all. She is handsome, a 'nice flower' a good mother but nothing else. .
She married Pavlos, she entered into the royal circles and she is happy to combine the nice Dior ballgowns with royal tiaras, but her mind does not go more that. After 10 years of marriage she is still unable to speek greek. She does not feel nor any particular mission neither any challenge to achieve related to her royal position. She does love the glittering side of the royalty, receptions, tiaras and enormeous hats, but she does not care to approach the origin of all these, nor to understand the historical meaning.

When Costantinos 4 or 5 years ago came back in Greece for the first visit, together with all his family, it was a very important strong moment for them, after quite 30-35 years of interdiction. They all took a bus and drove all around Athens, visiting the royal Palace & Park and also climbing the Acropolis hill. But MC, looked bored, completely stange to all, and wearing tiny nice leather skirt, high hills and a big Hermes-Birking bag to climb the Acropolis...., pathetic...

Sometimes after she gave a general interview, and she told that one of the strongest nice moments of her life was when Valentino designer, who made her bridegown, made also for her many other ballgowns..... especially for her... You see what is important for her.

IMO the chances for her to become a Queen are very slight, and this is better because she would not be a nice popular Queen.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:01 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
MC is a pretty and classy rich girl, but that's all.
Your post is excellent. Kudos to you

Old 11-29-2005, 08:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel
Your post is excellent. Kudos to you
Thank you !!!
Old 12-17-2005, 03:10 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
I was playing around on some websites and started to look into Marie-Chantal's genealogy. It turns out that we're distantly related through her father's New England ancestry.
I am too. Through Mayflower Pilgrim, John Howland. :)
Old 12-17-2005, 10:50 AM
Courtier

What I think of Marie-Chantal

1. Her marriage with Pavlos seems to work just well. (Still holding hands, has got four children and I´m quite sure she´ll have five)
2. In my opinion no beauty but slim and dressed very stylish and fitting to every occasion.
3. O.k. she´s got the money, he´s got the noble title - so both of them got what they wanted - plus: They to me really seem to be in love.
4. She is aware never to become Queen of Greece - so why learn Greek? (Constantine might not be too enthusiastic about that but her other advantages compensate that....)
5. In the beginning I thought: Well, she´ll just take advantage of Pavlos and he seems to be henpecked by her but even it is so - it works.....
6. Not to forget - she´s born already four heirs (three of them male heirs!)
Might be a prejudice (and who hasn´t got such...) but to me Spanish and Greek men seem to be similar in wanting sons and being quite conservative in what they think about family-life.
7. Result: Compared with other crown-princesses the greek royal family is lucky with her and they´ll never find a second one like this (So, no chance for Nicholaos - you never win lottery twice...)
Old 12-17-2005, 06:31 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraMCS
I am too. Through Mayflower Pilgrim, John Howland. :)
Hey I am a Howland too. It's my maiden name. My branch goes back to Henry Howland.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:54 PM

I think she´s the most elegant crown princess of the world
Old 01-19-2006, 04:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc de Chatres
I just don't get why you don't realise SHE'S NOT THE WIFE OF A REIGNING HEIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She has a title by virtue of the title her husband inherited at birth...I just think it's jealousy. Maire-Chantal is surprisingly sweet and very easy to chat with-I know, I had a great half hour with her in her London shop earlier this year. Her kids were there and they seem pretty attached to their mother.
Please don't shout. You'd be much more effective if you didn't yell at us.

Welcome to the board:)
Old 01-22-2006, 12:36 AM
Commoner

O.K. I don't know how to post or link to the pictures but there are photos on Alex B's Miller sisters message board of MC (at the Danish Christening) and she definitely looks pregnant!! Does anyone know if she is/or has made an announcement??
Old 01-22-2006, 04:12 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrodite26
...there are photos on Alex B's Miller sisters message board of MC (at the Danish Christening) and she definitely looks pregnant!!
Why not just check out the photos of Marie Chantal in our Danish Christening thread, here.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:47 AM
Commoner

Thank you Warren, yes, those are the pics. I was speaking of and there is speculation on that board as well. I just thought it would be a more appropriate question to ask on this thread. I guess time will tell if her little bump is a bad angle photo, a baby, or holiday goodies that won't leave her figure!!
Old 03-17-2006, 05:52 AM
Aristocracy

What bothers you about Crown Prince Pavlos of Greece & Marie Chantal

Personally I dont have a problem with them particularly Marie Chantal. I happen to think that she is an intelligent and classy woman. But it seems to me sometimes when she is disscussed, comments are made about her attitude. Can anyone help me out and tell me more?
Old 03-17-2006, 05:55 AM
Heir Apparent

to be honest i don't know them that much to judge. she seems a good wife, a good mother, a good in law. she is also elegant and dresses lovely. about her personality, she seems to get along with many other royals...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 03-17-2006, 01:26 PM
Courtier

I don't think she expresses warmth very well. She seems really shy and it may just be that her shyness is misinterpreted, but a lot of people seem to think she's a snob.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:36 PM
Heir Apparent

I personally like her very much. My reasons are similar to those given before me by loads of other people: good mother, loving wife, nice person... The only thing people use against her (as long as I have heard) is her fortune. What's wrong with being rich? Marie-Chantal has a great family with Pavlos and hope it continues that way.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 03-17-2006, 05:50 PM
Serene Highness

Well I don't know much about her, but I have heard not so nice things about her. One for example that was allowed to marry Pavlos because of her money. What do I think of her? She is rich because of her family and that is just the way it is. I think she is happy right now with her husband and family.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:43 PM
Courtier

She is very photogenic!
Old 03-18-2006, 03:41 AM
Aristocracy

you stayed with her

Originally Posted by Duc de Chatres
I just don't get why you don't realise SHE'S NOT THE WIFE OF A REIGNING HEIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She has a title by virtue of the title her husband inherited at birth...I just think it's jealousy. Maire-Chantal is surprisingly sweet and very easy to chat with-I know, I had a great half hour with her in her London shop earlier this year. Her kids were there and they seem pretty attached to their mother.

hello

I ´ll go to London in May and I would like to meet with her. I´ll buy some clothes for my cousins in her shop. Did you go to her shop in the morning or in the afternoon?.

thank you.