The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-27-2011, 01:03 PM
Heir Apparent

I looked at MC's profile on amiannoying.com(A website about "annoying" famous people)And it said she likes to be called "Your Majesty".Do your think that's true?I don't know how reliable the person who wrote it.If it's true,than it's kinda weird since she's not really a queen.

Here's the link

AmIAnnoying.com

PS,if you scroll down and click on,"Royaly Nobles and Monarchs"it shows how "annoying" royals are past and present.It's very entertaining when your bored!

Old 06-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Heir Apparent

I have mixed feelings about M-C, but I do NOT think she is stupid enough to demand that anyone call her "Your Majesty!"

Not in private and certainly not in public.

I can see her demanding to be addressed as "Your Highness" which might be annoying to some people since Greece no longer has a monarchy.

Old 06-28-2011, 05:55 PM
Nobility

I do not think Marie Chantal required to be called "majesty" it would be "Highness." When she speaks in the interview, she does not give importance to titles, but I do not like, because I think that in the lists of guests of royal houses of Europe appears as Princess. She should appreciate this more, although Greece is a republic , she shall no forget that she is in these weddings by the title of Princess
Old 06-28-2011, 10:05 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23
I have mixed feelings about M-C, but I do NOT think she is stupid enough to demand that anyone call her "Your Majesty!"
Especially since she's not a Queen- ruling or not thus Your Majesty isn't even her proper title.....
Old 06-28-2011, 10:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am not a fun of MC by any stretch of the imagination, but I strongly believe that she is aware of who she is and how far she can go. Majesty is not a title I would think she expects to be called. However when a reporter from W magazine called for an interview years ago at the Connecticut farm he was told that Her Royal Highness was at the New York house...In the GRF website she is fashioned HRH Princess MC Crown Princess Pavlos so these are the titles the King bestowed upon her.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:04 PM
Aristocracy

never had any problems with her or the GRF they are irrelivant now and when Constantine II dies.she will never be called Queen nor her husband King.
they will always be HH or HRH unless Greece brings back the monarchy but considering the present chaos and most likely future instabiltiy in the state of greece thats never going to happen
Old 08-01-2013, 07:24 AM
Nobility

Can anyone tell me what does the Danish RF members (especially Queen Ingrid and Margrethe) think of her?

I think MC is probably a nice woman but there's just something I don't like about her...
Old 08-01-2013, 08:47 AM
Heir Apparent

There's no way of know what the Danes think of MC. For awhile CP Mary dressed her kids in clothes from her stores; as did Princess Alexia. Queen Ingrid never spoke ill of MC before her death in 2000 but I would be surprised if she did. Queen Margrethe has also never spoken about MC so anything answer is only a guess. I suspect that the children keep each other's company more than we know. I remember an interview with Princess Theodora who said she spent time with Princes William and Harry growing up but there were never any pictures or discussions about such things. And Prince Nikolaos said a similar thing in a interview a few years ago. '

I don't have a problem with MC. She hasn't put a foot wrong since she married Pavlos. She's produced 5 lovely children and her marriage has stood the test of time. I also respect her business savvy. I don't love her but neither do I dislike her because I have not been given a reason.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:15 AM
Nobility

When a Royal Family attend to one wedding of another House Royal, the House Royal reigning, they represent to their State. When a Royal House non- Reigning attends to one royal wedding, they do not represent to one State, they represent one Dynasty.

The Dynasty has content and the content is THE STORY OF THAT ROYAL HOUSE. I think Marie Chantal do not represents the history of the Dynasty, but I think she knows it, and she prefers to be seen as a member of the Jet set, however I recognize that Marie Chantal position is difficult to support, for example, she carried the tiara of Queen Federika , in 40 anniversary of the coronation of Queen of denmark, the tiara had very story....

My opinion, I think that the conduct of Marie Chantal is not of one Princess.
I dont see to Marie Chantal like one member of nobility, I see Marie Chantal like one member of jet set.

I expect you to understand that I say, I say this in good faith, I do not criticize the jet set. I differentiate, it is not the same one member of the Jet set than a member of the nobility. Many European nobility are now members of the Jet set. but I do not like it, because at the end it lose the history of the Dynasty and loses its essence which is the historical value.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:48 PM
Royal Highness

I like Marie Chantal a lot. I admire her as a woman who is enterprising even though she could be a millionaire "brat".Her children are beautiful and they clearly adore her.
I think she knows and respects her title but also that they are no more reigning in Greece, so she is not a member of a Royal Household and lives her life accordingly,
In many royal or princely marriages she has attended and very well dressed, always and dignified.
But her day to day life is of a modern woman with five children and a gorgeous husband.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
I remember a photo with Alexia and Pavlos with their mother and aunts Sophia and Irine in Mon Repo Palace outside the city of Corfu.
I'm not surprised that they didn't have all kinds of toys,simply because there weren't many kinds of them to be found in Greece.My mother has told me that she and her sister hadn't seen candies or chocolates until the age of 15.
They had toys and chocolates and ice cream and many other things.They were in Greece not the Congo at that time.. you also could get peanut butter there it was American naval bases everywhere please!
Maybe they did not have them so as not to become spoiled which they are not.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:08 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I expect you to understand that I say, I say this in good faith, I do not criticize the jet set. I differentiate, it is not the same one member of the Jet set than a member of the nobility. Many European nobility are now members of the Jet set. but I do not like it, because at the end it lose the history of the Dynasty and loses its essence which is the historical value.
I know what you mean. Everytime I see Princess Charlene of Monaco I feel she does not look nor dress like the other princesses, but dresses like a model, or like you say, the 'jet set'. And as you say, nothing wrong with that, but I feel if you're in a position like that, then you should dress to the position.

Re Marie-Chantal, I know little about her, but she always seems to be pleasant and at the Royal Weddings she goes to, appropriately dressed. And Prince Pavlos is certainly pleasant on the eye, especially now that he doesn't have that severe hairstyle he used to have. Much like Prince Daniel has now; he could definitely have a softer hairstyle (and glasses) and would look much more approachable. Just my opinion, of course.