The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-15-2009, 09:52 PM
Aristocracy

M-C is low-keyed compared to many others;I don't read about her bragging that she has this and that,and I don't see her on entertainment news shows.
I think that she is a very lucky woman because it appears that she has everything:financial security,a great family life,a loving husband,good education,business opportunities...I just consider her blessed.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:14 PM
Commoner

Mc

Agreed - Although I'm not naive (rarely is anything as good as it appears), MC does seem to have a satisfying, exciting, loving, and secure life. Every family has their issues, of course, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't envy her looks, lifestyle, and status (I already have the wonderful family)!

Old 02-19-2009, 11:00 AM
Serene Highness

Something tells me all is not as it seems w MC. I can't quite put a finger on it. True, every family has their issues and problems, but she doesn't seem as happy or something as she did (from what we can tell, not knowing her personally) in previous years. I dunno . . . it's just a feeling.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:32 PM
Serene Highness

I get what you mean. In all the pictures, MC seems distant and unemotional like she's preoccupied. But that could be interpreted as her private nature. Even if she felt unfulfilled in her life in some way, she is not one (not yet at least) to share it with the world through a magazine spread like Paris Hilton, Casey Johnson (even though she thinks herself low-key Heiress vs. Heiress | vanityfair.com) or even her sister Alexandra.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:53 PM
Serene Highness

Exactly. She def has more class than the Paris Hilton/Casey Johnson set. But then they haven't married into European royalty (or former royalty). It could just be a woman moving from youth into middle age and certain realities, etc. that everyone goes through. Her business seems to be doing well and she has her lovely family that by all appearances she seems to adore. Hopefully she's happy.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:48 AM
Nobility

Thumbs up

The Miller Monarchy « Park Avenue Peerage

I found the link interesting. There are photos I have never seen.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:23 AM
Royal Highness

I remember that photoshot in Life & Style.There were many other photos as well.I think it was during Easter(I have already explained the Greek tradition with the red bracelets.Remember?)
Old 05-27-2011, 09:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Out of curiousity I wonder if she makes her nannys,staff,co-workers,etc curtsey to her,and call "Your Royal Highness" and "M'am",even though the monarchy does not exist.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:15 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP
Out of curiousity I wonder if she makes her nannys,staff,co-workers,etc curtsey to her,and call "Your Royal Highness" and "M'am",even though the monarchy does not exist.

IloveCP,
Yes, that is something to think about. She, through her now deceased father(?), is said to be worth a very 'paltry' 250 million USD. MC received this amount after her marriage into ex-royal family of Greece
Old 06-19-2011, 05:23 AM
Gentry

Mr. Miller deceased? Not at all, rather the opposite. He seems to enjoy good health, as far as I know. And why do we have to talk about money, it's so not chic, my dear. As they say, if you really want to make new friends, there are 2 topics you'd better stay away from: politics and money!
Old 06-19-2011, 05:44 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHRH

IloveCP,
Yes, that is something to think about. She, through her now deceased father(?), is said to be worth a very 'paltry' 250 million USD. MC received this amount after her marriage into ex-royal family of Greece

Is has been noted that her net worth far exceeds that of her father-in-law, the (ex-) King Constantine of Greece. He is another royal also to be reported 'not very wealthy (any more).' Does anyone know (in/directly) the true facts concerning the ex-King of the Hellenes' wealth? Is he really as 'poor' as reported? Or not?
(I am not asking for report on Constantine's assets or any specifics, just wondering how poor is poor!)
Also, how is Constintine's health holding up these days?
Old 06-19-2011, 05:45 AM
Administrator

Robert Miller remains very much alive.

The dowry was reportedly around GB£200m which at current conversion rates is close to US$324m.
We haven't heard any reports of Pavlos and MC being short of cash so it's probably safe to assume that the dowry has been carefully invested.

As to King Constantine, all measures of wealth are relative.
What we do know with certainty is that the Greek Royal Family since it's inception never figured very high on the royal rich list.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:27 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by la_noblesse
Mr. Miller deceased? Not at all, rather the opposite. He seems to enjoy good health, as far as I know. And why do we have to talk about money, it's so not chic, my dear. As they say, if you really want to make new friends, there are 2 topics you'd better stay away from: politics and money!

Make friends? I have more than I can handle now! Also, it seems you implicated your status as one who is privy to Mr. Miller's goings-on. Yes or no, it really does not matter to me; at the end the day, I will still not know him. I have never pretended to be something/somebody I am not. Talking about money and politics may not win friends, but they do make the world go 'round! And 'round. C'est la vie.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:32 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren

The dowry was reportedly around GB£200m which at current conversion rates is close to US$324m.
We haven't heard any reports of Pavlos and MC being short of cash so it's probably safe to assume that the dowry has been carefully invested.

What we do know with certainty is that the Greek Royal Family since it's inception never figured very high on the royal rich list.

Relative to what or who (I thought I'd ask anyway)?
Old 06-19-2011, 09:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post

Robert Miller did not pay out a dowry when his daughter Marie-Chantal married. What did happen is that each of his daughters once they married got access to their Trust Funds. So Marie-Chantal upon her marriage got access to her Trust Fund, she and Pavlos are far richer than the rest of the Greeks thanks to that money.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1 View Post
Robert Miller did not pay out a dowry when his daughter Marie-Chantal married. .
According to a 2008 Vanity Fair story, Miller "provided his daughter a $200 million dowry." Since Pavlos and Marie-Chantal cooperated with this story and did not refute the point, it's a pretty credible source.

Here's the link: Greece's Royal Couple | Style | Vanity Fair
Old 06-20-2011, 12:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnel View Post
According to a 2008 Vanity Fair story, Miller "provided his daughter a $200 million dowry." Since Pavlos and Marie-Chantal cooperated with this story and did not refute the point, it's a pretty credible source.

The story says ...reportedly provided his daughter... So we may never know it if was a dowry or some other arrangement for the transfer of the funds to the daughter.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:54 AM
Serene Highness

Regardless of how she got the money, her father was/is very wise in handling money and provided very generously for all his daughters. So yes, MC and Pavlos, through the Miller $$$, are indeed extremely wealthy. But the entire family seems very modest about it. They only seem to discuss it publicly when the issue is broached by a journalist, and even then they remain quite discreet about the level of their wealth. Mr. Miller is rarely even interviewed. All of this is a credit to the family. La Noblesse is correct in what is "accepted" as polite conversation, tho I was brought up to carefully avoid topics of money and politics, but religion as well.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnel View Post

Marie-Chantal herself in an interview stated that she and her sisters were each given control of their Trust Fund when they married. (No mention of dowry) The dowry has always been speculation but the access to Trust Fund was confirmed.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:29 PM
Royal Highness

And don't forget the Pavlos and Alexander von Furstenburg set up a hedge fund after they married the Miller Girls. I would assume they were managing the "family" money. I would also hope that the prenups were airtight and Alexandra left her marriage with her trust fund/dowery intact.