The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-11-2008, 04:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

No clue. Actually I do not believe there were even any photos of the baby published. As you know most baptisms are being held in the spring/ summer months so they may wait till next year.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:06 PM
Royal Highness

Thumbs up

That's what I thought from the beginning,Odette!We might have to wait until June/July for the baptism.There is no need to rush,anyway.
I would suggest a greek island,like Patmos or Tinos,or Saint George in Constantinople...how is that?

Old 09-11-2008, 09:33 PM
Heir Apparent

I knew she was fond of the NY club scene in the 1990s, but I have never seen the photo of her dancing on the table in fish-net stockings. Does anyone have a link to this photo? I'm sure it is amusing.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:09 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jean View Post
I agree Alexandria - that Alexia seems more down-to-earth than MC. Funny, since she is the one who grew up royal!
Yes, but MC grew up extremely rich.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
I knew she was fond of the NY club scene in the 1990s, but I have never seen the photo of her dancing on the table in fish-net stockings. Does anyone have a link to this photo? I'm sure it is amusing.
Oh if you can go and check on old W mag photos pre Pavlos of course....It was, I think a birthday party for one of the three sisters.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:20 PM
Royal Highness

What do I think of MC?Nothing special,she just happens to be so chic...and elegant...and rich...and LUCKY!I have nothing else to add.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:44 AM
Royal Highness

I know that there are several website devoted to The Miller Sisters. Maybe one of them would have it?
Alex's Miller Sisters Page
The Miller Sisters Site
Old 09-20-2008, 10:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

I very much doubt that photo would have remained on any of their official websites. It was in a W magazine. The photo was taken before the engagement, during some birthday bash for one of the sisters. Usually they had more than one party to celebrate.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:36 PM
Courtier

I have seen the photo, but it was a long time ago. As I recall, the theme of the party was the 1960's with the women wearing mini-skirts, etc.
Marie Chantal had long PERMED hair - it was not attractive.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh thank you. I feel so much better now. I am glad you saw it. She used to be a brunette too......
Old 09-21-2008, 11:48 AM
Serene Highness

Both Alexandra and MC are natural brunettes. Pia was fairer in her youth but her hair darkened - like most people's do - as she got older. Both parents are brunette so it only makes sense, tho I believe Robt. Miller was fairer haired when he was younger too. Alexandra is the copy of her mother - the S. American blood is very prounounced in her.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:56 PM
Heir Apparent

It is interesting that MC is a natural brunette. Her sons are all very blonde. Was she born blonde, and then darkened, or was Pavlos blonde as a child?
Old 09-21-2008, 04:59 PM
Royal Highness

Pavlos was indeed blond as a child (his hair had a sweet golden color).
Old 09-21-2008, 05:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

The older boys and the girl are getting darker hair as they grow.
I have in my mind a photo of P Alexia and P Pavlos in a pram when they were both practically hanging out of it trying to see toys at a window shop.......Then the photos and interview they gave at the Manhattan house when M O was born. There was a huge bear there and Pavlos said when he was a child he always wanted a big bear.........Can you imagine?? He wanted things his children can have and he did not....
Old 09-21-2008, 05:07 PM
Heir Apparent

At least he is able to give his children whatever they want. It is a bit ironic though.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
At least he is able to give his children whatever they want. It is a bit ironic though.
It sure is........He is a blue blood royal prince and the goodies come courtesy of the duty free business tycoon.........
Old 09-21-2008, 05:15 PM
Royal Highness

I remember a photo with Alexia and Pavlos with their mother and aunts Sophia and Irine in Mon Repo Palace outside the city of Corfu.
I'm not surprised that they didn't have all kinds of toys,simply because there weren't many kinds of them to be found in Greece.My mother has told me that she and her sister hadn't seen candies or chocolates until the age of 15.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Unhappy

Even though there weren't a lot of toys to be found in Greece during that time, you would think that the parents would have made up for this when they went to Italy. Perhaps Constantine and Anne Marie didn't want to spoil the children? Or maybe it was due to their situation.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

I do not believe the royal children went wanting for anything. They left Greece when Pavlos was less than 7 months old so he could not have remembered the bear back then. I agree that it is possible the royals are not spoiling their children buying them anything that is up for sale.
I guess no matter how anyone is raised they always feel it could be just a tad better...
Old 02-14-2009, 07:16 PM
Serene Highness

My opinion of Marie-Chantal has softened since reading more in the "Socialites" thread. Compared to other so-called socialites, she is low-key, elegant, and scandal-free. Her marriage to actual (though non-reigning) blue-blood seems pretty solid, although her sisters haven't been so lucky in love. I understand why some might think it's excessive to have one nanny for each child, but now that I think about it, if I had the means, I wouldn't mind a few extra nannies taking 5 kids off my hands sometimes :-P