Marie-Chantal: Opinions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would say that the only royalty still moving into royal is the German and Austrian royalty. All the others have rather effected mixed matches.

All I hope for is that these future marriages are loving and happy, regardless of who they are with. :flowers:

... [snipped] Paola Doimi de Lupis Frankopan, examples of alliances with noble families. A marriage of a Greek royal (themselves with a commoner mother) with another royal seems unlikely, but you never know.

Slightly veering off ...

Lady Nicholas Windsor's maiden title is in dispute. Her father could not provide any verifiable links to the Frankopan family. Peter Frankopan dismissed question by saying, "... title is not any claim on anything. It is just a reflection of the age of the family". RootsWeb's WorldConnect Project: June Ferguson's Royal Genealogy Page It is unclear why the aristocratic Doimi de Lupis needed the Frankopan enhancement.

As for Crown Princess Marie Chantal of Greece, I like her very much. She seems to be sensible. Ms Marie Chantal Miller had realistic expectations of her royal marriage. That is why her marriage seems to work.

Last edited:
I don't like MC but Ido think some people out there are being over-harsh. I think that MC's real problem is not that she is some over-ambitious harpy, although she is ambitious, but a very high strung, perfectionist, "Type A" personality, with a somewhat superficial cast of mind - if I'm being fair she does not seem egregiously stupid but nothing special intellectually either. These type of people place a lot of stock in maintaining outward appearances and social standing, often as a means of fulling some inner void.

Reading between the lines, her childhood sounds like it wasn't very happy despite the honking huge silver spoon that was in her mouth at birth. Bob Miller was too busy with work and overcompensated for his absence, emotional and physical, with money - he spoilt them (don't care what MC and her sisters say in interviews - they WERE spoilt). Maria-Clara/"Chantal" on the other hand was cold, hypercritical, and hard to please - I would guess that that was a manifestation of Chantal's own anxieties over her own sudden change of wealth and social status along with projecting her own insecurities and fears on to her daughters - very common in parenting and mostly unintentional. This is actually a really common family background for those with eating disorders - pace Alex's Anorexia.

Material indulgence and emotional neglect is a very dangerous combination for children and I think its in fact amazing that MC and her sisters did not turn out worse.

Also, in terms of looks, MC has high cheekbones and a narrow jaw which can give her a
hard, pinched look in some pictures - "Resting Bitch Face" is sometimes the term used for this phenomenon, her mother Chantal also looks like this in most pictures I've seen of her. The very flat sleek hairdos she favors don't help - they are also useless for tiaras - along with the whole "over groomed" look does not help either.

However, Pavlos seems to like her, her children seem happy, and some people out there seem to like her so maybe they know something we don't. Or maybe i'm being overgenerous - :confused:

As for MO, for Pete's sake she's only 20, leave her alone and let her have some fun,
I think she'll be fine.

interesting, i think this give a new light to Marie Chantal.
Proably she has a buddy relationship with her children because she had a rigid mother and don't want to repeat that, so she chose to be have a more light hearted family.

Maria Olympia seems spoiled and vapid, but maybe is a phase, or maybe it's not Marie Chantal fault at all. My brother and me are completly different in personality and tastes, so not everything is mothers fault.

Coming from a well-off family, she seems to be out of touch. She's beautiful and talented, yes. But her involvement in Greece is in question. That same goes with his husband Pavlos. From what I've heard, his younger brother and wife Tatiana are more involved in Greece now.

Coming from a well-off family, she seems to be out of touch. She's beautiful and talented, yes. But her involvement in Greece is in question. That same goes with his husband Pavlos. From what I've heard, his younger brother and wife Tatiana are more involved in Greece now.

Restoration of the monarchy in Greece is a very long shot. In fact, I would say the chances of it ever happening are close to none and even less so when Pavlos takes over from his father. There isn't that much incentive for the RF to be involved in Greece then. It is a different situation from, for example, Romania where the RF seems to have reached an arrangement with the government of the republic to have some kind of semi-official role.

Last edited:
Sadly they seem to spend more time attending fashion shows and holidays than doing anything of benefit towards the Greek RF ,Nicholas and his lovely wife would make a far more down to earth and less frivolous Crown Princely Couple.

I like Marie-Chantal - she's raising five seemingly happy and fun loving kids together with a husband that she seems devoted to. Being privileged doesn't make you a bad person.
If social media is to be believed the different family members hold an affection for Greece, but have for reasons unknown to us chosen not to live there. From what we've seen Crown Prince Pavlos is involved in some charity work aimed at the country. Who knows, maybe they had hopes of settling there, but it would have been to much of a hassle because of the troubles the whole family had with the Greek authorities and then once these issues were resolved they had settled into another lifestyle.
I also feel that the discomfort shown by Marie-Chantal when she realised how the family were portrayed when the pictures from Pavlos' and Maria-Olympia's party went public was genuine and that in spite of their privileged lifestyle this is not how she sees herself and her family. To be honest I find that much of the criticism aimed at mother and daughter reeks of misogyny and borders on bullying.

Pavlos in choosing MC as his bride, managed to safeguard a high standard of living. Otherwise, based on his work and family income, he was not able to live in utter luxury, maintaining luxurious lifestyle and houses in various parts of the world, even a private air jet.
Ok, Greeks kicked off his father from King. Pavlos will not become a King never. But his great success, in my opinion, is that he managed to live as a King, through marriage.
And bear in mind, they will try to marry Konstantinos-Alexios to one of the heiresses-crown princesses of Europe, so that the dynasty goes on.

More likely heiress than crown princess I would think. His uncle Phillippos seems to be on track.

This marriage is a perfect deal, out of course of her mutual attraction. He gave her a high title, and connection with all the European royal families and she offered money. A perfect match. Who can expect better ? In both sides.
As for her kids, Maria Olympia has all the assets to marry a crown Prince and become a queen, but...... Considering her style an behaviour I would not wish it to everyone.
For Constantinos why not? In example the young princess Elisabeth of Belgium ? Or Dutch?

What assets does Maria Olympia have that make her a great spouse for a crown prince? She grow up in luxury (not sure about it being such an asset - but it might help in some ways) and won't shy a way from someone having a title; what else?

And I don't see any of the future queens marrying Constantinos… Although the Dutch royal family at least mingles with the Greeks privately especially since they got their holiday home nearby/in Greece, so tiny chance that one of our princesses might end up with a Greek prince.

Last edited by a moderator:
MC might be more popular if she showed a little bit of interest in Greece.

It's a shame that Nicholas and Tatiana aren't the crown princely couple, they are devoted to Greece, the Greeks and to serving others. MC's life seems very hedonistic. Is she involved in any charities at all?

It's also disappointing that she is rarely seen with Pavlos's family or her mother and father-in-law (which is interesting given her criticism of the Q Letizia incident)

They are the Royal Family (they do not reign but are the family of the King of Greece) and so they should care about the country and give it some attention. I do not say that they should all live there, but they should try to show the Greek people that they can be useful to the country and that they care. Nikolaos and Tatiana do well.

What assets does Maria Olympia have that make her a great spouse for a crown prince? She grow up in luxury (not sure about it being such an asset - but it might help in some ways) and won't shy a way from someone having a title; what else?

And I don't see any of the future queens marrying Constantinos… Although the Dutch royal family at least mingles with the Greeks privately especially since they got their holiday home nearby/in Greece, so tiny chance that one of our princess might end up with a Greek prince.

It would even be interesting. Although I do not see this happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
JMHO --- but MC is raising her daughter to be a fashionista. Such a shame … a young woman with a great deal of $$ at her disposal could be helping others rather than posing for cameras in NYC and on the continent. What a waste!

Yes, her behavior , the daughter, and the hedonistic lifestyle have become embarrassing

And I don't see any of the future queens marrying Constantinos… Although the Dutch royal family at least mingles with the Greeks privately especially since they got their holiday home nearby/in Greece, so tiny chance that one of our princesses might end up with a Greek prince.
Sorry I think I misexpressed my thought.
She has assets to be eligible because she has a high lineage and money but nothing on her, at least up to now, says that she will be a good queen and a great spouse.
For Constantino why not? Not only the Dutch princesses could be a possibility, Belgian and why it Denmark, to name only a few.

JMHO --- but MC is raising her daughter to be a fashionista. Such a shame … a young woman with a great deal of $$ at her disposal could be helping others rather than posing for cameras in NYC and on the continent. What a waste!

If Maria-Olympia wants to be a fashion designer, then why shouldn't she? She cannot control her daughter. Instead, she's done what any other mother would have done - support her daughter. Yes, some of the clothes choices and Maria-Olympia's God-awful pose/pout are questionable, but she has never been inappropiate. She has never posed nude, or truly semi-nude. The only reason some would deem her inappropiately dressed is because she has a title of Princess. Yes - Princess of a defunct Royal household.

Marie-Chantal is VERY connected to the fashion industry - her sister (therefore Maria-Olympia's maternal aunt and cousins) was married into the Von Furstenberg family. Marie-Chantal is also very aware that she is Crown Princess of a NON-REIGNING family and it is very very very unlikely that Greece will restore their Royal Family. Therefore her children need to carve out their own futures, unlike their Royal relatives in Denmark and Spain.

Maria-Olympia is very fortunate to have the safety of her connections in the modelling circles - Marie-Chantal is a protective mother.

I totally agree!!!

She could use her position to help others less fortunate and she could be making a real difference.

And as for constant pouting I'm at a loss as to why a young woman would want to look like that, it's really unattractive.

Last edited:
I really can't see why Pavlos and MC should live in Greece. The country has kicked the family out decades ago and has behaved appallingly towards the RF. They do not owe Greece a thing.

It is healthy that Pavlos was able to carve out a life for himself and his family on his own terms and did not cling onto something that will never return (the monarchy). The couple seems to enjoy themselves and lives a jetset life that is not unusual for people with their amount of [new] wealth. It may not be a particularly meaningful lifestyle but that is IMO not anybody's business but theirs. They are private citizens after all.

Re: the discussion on one of the sons for the Dutch princesses: I am not sure if that would be a popular choice - especially not for the Princess of Orange. The nouveau riche lifestyle of the family - splattered out on social media - will make such a person rather unrelatable. It would perhaps also be difficult for them to adjust to a more modest lifestyle that is suitable to a member of the Dutch RF (at least in public) where such prince is expected to play second fiddle for the rest of his life.

For MO there are no crown princes around of her age group - save Prince Joseph Wenzel of Liechtenstein. My guess is that they will all marry like people of their social circle: with the offspring of other jetsetters or with models.

Last edited:
Sorry I think I misexpressed my thought.
She has assets to be eligible because she has a high lineage and money but nothing on her, at least up to now, says that she will be a good queen and a great spouse.
For Constantino why not? Not only the Dutch princesses could be a possibility, Belgian and why it Denmark, to name only a few.

Thanks for the clarification. I guess I don't think high linesge and money are important factors anymore. Espevially not for reigning families. It seems different for non-reigning families.

And yes, of course the Greek princes could theoretically marry their Danish second cousins, I do think it will be frowned upon nowadays. And at least Maria Olympia and Nikolai have their interest in fashion and modeling in common...

Last edited:
Re: the discussion on one of the sons for the Dutch princesses: I am not sure if that would be a popular choice - especially not for the Princess of Orange. The nouveau riche lifestyle of the family - splattered out on social media - will make such a person rather unrelatable. It would perhaps also be difficult for them to adjust to a more modest lifestyle that is suitable to a member of the Dutch RF (at least in public) where such prince is expected to play second fiddle for the rest of his life.

For MO there are no crown princes around of her age group - save Prince Joseph Wenzel of Liechtenstein. My guess is that they will all marry like people of their social circle: with the offspring of other jetsetters or with models.

I agree that one of the Greek princes would be a very unpopular choice. Especially for Amalia. The Dutch royal family is at times already criticized for mingling in the Greek nouveau rich circles, so such a relationship would surely intensify it enormously. And it would indeed require quite some adaptation on the Greek part to no longer flaunt your wealth.

I read a rumor that the late Queen Ingrid turned up her nose at the Millers during the engagement and especially the wedding of Pavlos and Marie-Chantal, feeling that the wedding was too ostentatious and "nouveau-riche" vulgar?

Is anyone else aware of that?

I read a rumor that the late Queen Ingrid turned up her nose at the Millers during the engagement and especially the wedding of Pavlos and Marie-Chantal, feeling that the wedding was too ostentatious and "nouveau-riche" vulgar?

Is anyone else aware of that?
She may have hoped that her grandchildren would -if not marry royalty- at least marry nobility. And as Pavlos was the first to marry a commoner (her grandson Joachim following suit a few months later) that might have been part of the issue as well.

If you take a look at pictures of Maria-Olympia you'll see that she's not pouting. That's how she looks.

MC might be more popular if she showed a little bit of interest in Greece.

It's a shame that Nicholas and Tatiana aren't the crown princely couple, they are devoted to Greece, the Greeks and to serving others. MC's life seems very hedonistic. Is she involved in any charities at all?

It's also disappointing that she is rarely seen with Pavlos's family or her mother and father-in-law (which is interesting given her criticism of the Q Letizia incident)

I will never forget that from the fiber of my being. Although, she deleted that tweet, the damage she did to herself is irreparable. I was tolerant before at how she's living her life. I mean she brought her children up with wealth on their hand. The boys are okay. But Maria-Olympia is not. She seemed to be vulgar and out of hand.
Letizia and MC are not really in good terms. Over the years, we've seen how Pavlos and Felipe are distant to each other (which is really sad.) I think (correct me if I'm wrong) this has something to do with the women between them. Both women are strong and empowered women coming from different worlds. But I have to be a little biased with Letizia because over the years, she gained my respect at how adaptive and great she is at her role. She never slowed down a bit. Very hardworking. She might come off as very strong but I believe that's just a facade. Letizia knows what the press wants. The altercation between her and Queen Sofia was just a simple family disagreement blown out of proportion. I didn't agree with how MC reacted. She just added salt to the wound.

She may have hoped that her grandchildren would -if not marry royalty- at least marry nobility. And as Pavlos was the first to marry a commoner (her grandson Joachim following suit a few months later) that might have been part of the issue as well.

This can have some truths to it. The Millers as we all know... And the wedding itself was really grand.

I agree that one of the Greek princes would be a very unpopular choice. Especially for Amalia. The Dutch royal family is at times already criticized for mingling in the Greek nouveau rich circles, so such a relationship would surely intensify it enormously. And it would indeed require quite some adaptation on the Greek part to no longer flaunt your wealth.

For real? This is a great tea sis. Maybe not Amalia. But I think Constantinos can marry Ingrid-Alexandra. MC and MM are quite close.

According to her daughter Queen Margrethe, Queen Ingrid never put any pressure on her daughters to marry equally. She was also very supportive of her nephew King Carl Gustav when he married Silvia Sommerlath. Both Silvia and Alexandra of Fredriksborg have been very vocal about the support they both got from Queen Ingrid when they entered the royal world so I'd say that the possibility of her being against Marie-Chantal because of the latter's ancestry is very small.

To say that Constantine could marry a princess of the Netherlands, based on the fact that King Constantine and Queen Anne Maria coincide in Greece with the Dutch Royal Family, they even invite them to their home in Porto heli, I am sorry to say, it is incorrect. I have never seen that the daughters of King Willian coincide with Constantine in Greece, the Dutch Royal Family are in Greece in August and Easter, the family of Prince Paul in August and Easter are in the Bahamas or in London.:bang::bang::bang: The daughters of the King of Holland spend more time in Greece than Constantine himself, personally I do not see that relationship. :whistling::whistling::whistling:
And Maria Olympia either.:eek: I think that today's the profile of a Queen is not Olympia. :sad: The jewels, the dresses, are relevant in the public events, but they are not the essence of a QUEEN , the essence of a Queen is her behavior and her gestures. The queens have to be supportive, and close to the most vulnerable people of society, to the most unprotected.???

Last edited:
I totally agree!!!

She could use her position to help others less fortunate and she could be making a real difference.

And as for constant pouting I'm at a loss as to why a young woman would want to look like that, it's really unattractive.

Totally agree with you, too!

To say that Constantine could marry a princess of the Netherlands, based on the fact that King Constantine and Queen Anne Maria coincide in Greece with the Dutch Royal Family, they even invite them to their home in Porto heli, I am sorry to say, it is incorrect. I have never seen that the daughters of King Willian coincide with Constantine in Greece, the Dutch Royal Family are in Greece in August and Easter, the family of Prince Paul in August and Easter are in the Bahamas or in London.:bang::bang::bang: The daughters of the King of Holland spend more time in Greece than Constantine himself, personally I do not see that relationship. :whistling::whistling::whistling:
And Maria Olympia either.:eek: I think that today's the profile of a Queen is not Olympia. :sad: The jewels, the dresses, are relevant in the public events, but they are not the essence of a QUEEN , the essence of a Queen is her behavior and her gestures. The queens have to be supportive, and close to the most vulnerable people of society, to the most unprotected.???

I seriously don't know who started this possibility rumor between one of the Dutch princesses and the Greeks but I also don't see it coming. There's a slim chance that the Duchess of Brabant will marry a royalty in my own opinion. It would cause a lot of stir in The Netherlands if this Dutch-Greek marriage will happen. Anyhow, Achilleas just graduated from Senior High I think. I saw in one of his post.

I seriously don't know who started this possibility rumor between one of the Dutch princesses and the Greeks but I also don't see it coming. There's a slim chance that the Duchess of Brabant will marry a royalty in my own opinion. It would cause a lot of stir in The Netherlands if this Dutch-Greek marriage will happen. Anyhow, Achilleas just graduated from Senior High I think. I saw in one of his post.
There is no rumor for anything. All related parties are still too young to even think about.
We just said that because of their lineage Pavlos kids can marry into royalty, if they wish of course.
Personnaly I think that Marie Chantal will be glad if their kids especially MO marry into royalty, it will be like second re-entrance from her side.
Personnaly I'm not fond of Marie Chantal but I recognize her being classy and elegant, as a behavior.
I really don't understand how she '' produced" such a daughter because she is not like this. But Pavlos also seems happy of her daughter so no harm.

Back
Top Bottom