Maria-Olympia, Konstantinos, Achileas, Odysseas, Aristidis Events & News 1: 2015-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
'Feet on the ground' while embracing an overpriced Louis Vuitton bag that for most people probably costs the equivalent of several monthly salaries ... The PdV editor who chose to combine the headline with this photo must have a mischievous sense of humour.

Last edited:
I'm afraid she might truly think that she is keeping her feet on the ground; not having the faintest idea that her life is drastically different (i.e., much more privileged) than that of most people.

Usually people who are born with the privileges that Princess Maria-Olympia has do not know real life, or are not very aware of the hardships and difficulties that other people go through.
I think that her cousins from Spain (Leonor and Sofia, and Urdangarin and Marichalar too) and those from Denmark (Christian and Isabela and Felix and Nikolai) must have their feet on the ground more than she does. It is true that they are younger than Maria-Olympia, but they seem more humble and aware of the difficulties that others are going through.

An important difference might be that they also grow up with some sense of responsibility to the greater good (at least I think and hope that their parents will instill that in them); while that idea seems completely lost on the Crown princely family of Greece.

An important difference might be that they also grow up with some sense of responsibility to the greater good (at least I think and hope that their parents will instill that in them); while that idea seems completely lost on the Crown princely family of Greece.

If Prince Nikolaos and Princess Tatiana had children, they would have brought them up with the similar attitude, I am sure.

'Feet on the ground' while embracing an overpriced Louis Vuitton bag...

Isn't she working here as amodel for hire? So, it could be a potato too or something, that she would "embracing" as a model for ordinary money.

Or greek wine... In Romania her royal comrades advertise romanian wine and I don't know, but I think pro bono.

If she wants to make herself a name as a model, working for LV is surely a blessing. The question is rather: Does she have to work as a model for hire? I thought, her mom is rich... But on the other hand we know, that nobility and royalty have sometimes harsh customs: All children but the eldest son get often practically dis-inheritited...

So, we don't really know, what is going on here: Working for money of for reasons of vanity... or whatever.

:previous: You would rather her sit around living off a trust fund until her mother dies? :ermm:

The aristocrats don't 'dis-inherit' their younger kids. Yes the main estate and money stays with the heir, so it can continue with upkeep. Keep the tradition. But the younger children would inherit a good chunk as well. Even more so in the case of Olympia and her siblings who we aren't talking royal estates and money. The money from that family comes from her American mother.

Rich people can be grounded. You don't have to wear top street clothes to be 'grounded'. I don't see her Danish relatives wearing cheap brands, even though they are 'so much more grounded'.

The fact is she is in a very different situation then her cousins. Her cousins have a monarchy still. They have a duty, and funding. They are expected to be an example and represent their country. The Greek royals don't have a country.

The Romanian royals seem to have a chance at restoration. And they do play a small role in their country. It makes sense that they represent local trade.

She just finished university and is speaking up about a business she is in the process of starting. Just because she didn't go to medical school, or become a teacher or something 'grounded' doesn't mean she isn't trying to make something of herself in life.

:previous: You would rather her sit around living off a trust fund until her mother dies? :ermm:

Nothing wrong with inheriting money! And one does not have to see this as an obligation to do nothing, but it can be seen as a fall back position or as a stepstone to personal success too.

The most parents want for their children a better life anyway - so...

And call me old-fashioned, but I have a certain problem with royal or noble girls making money with their bodies and don't have to - this is vanity! And they are taking away well paid jobs from often better looking girls with a much humbler background.

There are few notable exceptions: Veruschka, Vera von Lehndorff, for example. But her family had lost everything, manor, huge agrarian estate, in the second world war. Her father was executed for being a conspirator against Hitler, her mother was locked up in a concentration camp and Veruschka herself brought into a SS camp for kids. So, she was poor and traumatized too .. - and she had the cheekbones for a model.

What did she study at College? It seems every rich girl if Royal or just Daddy have tons of money, walk's the runway. They want to make their own money and have their face plastered on magazines, so everyone will know them 24/7 that may be the way to go. Oh well to each their own.

I believe that criticism is not being adequately raised.

She is a model, that's fine. I cannot fault this. Although I would prefer that she had another profession.
However, I criticize the unfair use of the title of Princess. When she and her mother give interviews, in many of it, they speak of royalty with a certain degree of contempt, towards their titles, however, when they do business, such as advertising a book, or a mark of fashion, bags and others, they present themselves as royals.

I criticize those interviews where, for example, Marie chantal, she says to be Crown Princess of Greece, for later in the development of the interview, she sspeaks of the royal family as people alien to her, distant from her, and in general with alls the royal families, the royals are "others" diminishing or degrading the title that they carry even with a certain arrogance.
However weeks later, you find a statement publihed by Marie chantal, in the section stories of her instagram, written in defense of women's equality and signing as "Crown Princess of Greece", or Marie Olympia, posing in a magazine to promote a Fashion brand, like a royal, in Thailand Vogue remember that she is a member of the Greek royal family.
This I criticize.

Last edited:
I share part of Lipe's opinion. But my opinion, if they are going to use the title of "Royals", in interviews ... I think they should be more linked to the Royal Family, to know its history, its members , greek....

How a handsome man he turned into!

He looks exactly like a young King Constantine.

I read many comments that say that he is like his father, Prince Pavlos, and I see pictures of Pavlos as a child, and they are nothing alike. But I recognize that he is like the King.
And now the criticizes. Marie Chantal in a interview about her book of good manners, she said that , in her house, the mobil was banned at the table, I remember that we criticized this statement, because in many of the photos she shares on Instagram, everyone is at the table with the mobile . Aristides is with mobile at the table ?:sleep:

Marie Chantal has published this photo on her instagram account of her in-laws. I question why has she published this photo: why it was really her intention, or why of the criticism that she, her husband and her children are receiving for the frivolity they show towards the king and Queen of Greece, never having details how to congratulate them on their birthday and other events ...?

This photo was published on June 2 in a facebook group that talks about the Greek royal family by a private individual to congratulate King Constantine on his 81st birthday.

I hope she has not found out that her father-in-law for years from that group of facebook, today.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPt568nAii9/

Last edited:
The article uses the story of King Constantine and Queen Anna-Maria to promote a clothing brand .
The JOURNALIST writes the story of the King and Queen , and OLYMPIA limits herself to making useless comments, laden with errors. Her father was not born in Mon Repos, it was Princess Alexia. Her grandfather Constantino hers many stories but surely she is not capable of telling one.
However, to talk about her grandfather Miller does not need the support of the journalist, it is obvious that she is a Miller.
The story of their grandparents is being told by a journalist. She does not contribute anything.

It is obvious that to talk about her grandparents Miller she does not need a journalist, to talk about her grandparents from Greece it is the journalist who tells their story, not her.

Personally, if there were a monarchy in Greece , I doubt very much that King Constantine would be thinking to change the law of succession so that his granddaughter would reign, which is the best part of the article, I believe that the king would be changing the law so that his daughter would reign, Princess Alexia.

The article uses the story of King Constantine and Queen Anna-Maria to promote a clothing brand .
The JOURNALIST writes the story of the King and Queen , and OLYMPIA limits herself to making useless comments, laden with errors. Her father was not born in Mon Repos, it was Princess Alexia. Her grandfather Constantino hers many stories but surely she is not capable of telling one.
However, to talk about her grandfather Miller does not need the support of the journalist, it is obvious that she is a Miller.
The story of their grandparents is being told by a journalist. She does not contribute anything.

It is obvious that to talk about her grandparents Miller she does not need a journalist, to talk about her grandparents from Greece it is the journalist who tells their story, not her.

Personally, if there were a monarchy in Greece , I doubt very much that King Constantine would be thinking to change the law of succession so that his granddaughter would reign, which is the best part of the article, I believe that the king would be changing the law so that his daughter would reign, Princess Alexia.

I find it unbelievable that Maria-Olympia doesn't know the stories of her grandparents, the Kings of Greece.
I believe she doesn't see them very often, but it's strange that she doesn't know her grandparents' history.

Thank you. Here's a link to the accompanying article, which includes her thoughts on being a "princess without a throne", her family, Prince Charles and her life in fashion. Interesting read.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/luxury/...ce-prince-charles-always-remembered-birthday/

https://archive.ph/TFWYV And the archived version.

I enjoyed reading this interview and reading Maria-Olympia's statements about her family and Greece.

Last edited:
Prince Constantine Alexios shared several photos on Instagram.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CPYqpHWJhSc/

It wasn't very good judgement on the part of Constantine to have posted that photo of himself cavorting with a group of drunken Georgetown University students. We all know that that sort of thing happens at many colleges, and especially at Georgetown, which has a reputation for heavy- drinking and partying among its wealthy young student body. But there's no need to post it publicly where all the world can see it. He'd be well-advised to maintain a more dignified bearing in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom