The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-17-2007, 07:11 AM

Education of the children of Pavlos and Marie-Chantal

Where do Pavlos and MC send their children to school? The Hellenic College of London seems the obvious choice.

Old 09-17-2007, 10:07 AM
Serene Highness

Do you think they will send them off to boarding school in a couple of years now that they are getting older? I know MC and her sisters spent a great deal of their teen years away at school. Did Pavlos and his siblings go to boarding school?

Old 09-17-2007, 09:09 PM
Serene Highness

Who knows? Perhaps a year at finishing school for the girls? But with their titles, they are already socially well connected so they probably don't have to worry about all that.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 09-17-2007, 11:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate bromley View Post
Where do Pavlos and MC send their children to school? The Hellenic College of London seems the obvious choice.
The Hellenic College of London closed in 2005.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:12 AM
Courtier

I don't think Marie-Chantal will send her children off to boarding school unless they want to. From interviews it sounds like she cried and resented being sent away from her parents. I think she was only about 10 when she went.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:27 PM
Commoner

well it's a pity that the Hellenic College closed.... it would be nice if the children attended the same school as other family members...
You are so young, my son, and, as the years go by, time will change and even reverse many of your present opinions. Refrain therefore awhile from setting yourself up as judge of the highest matters. Plato
Old 09-22-2007, 05:37 AM
Nobility

Even before the Hellenic College was closed, Queen AM gave an interview saying that Pavlos' children did not go there, but that MC and Pavlos chose an English school. I saw a photo of the children in uniform at the time. It looked like GardenHouse school uniform (in Chelsea). They might have changed since. But AM definetely said that the parents had chosen not to go to the Hellenic College. I red somewhere that the children took Greek lessons, but that was also some years ago. They might have abandoned since.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:01 AM
Courtier

The Hellenic College didn't close it was sold is still running as a school with a different name and an emphasis on languages not just the Greek language and culture. Prince Nikolaos is a governor of the new school.

Pavlos and his brother Philippos both attended boarding school in the US. They attended 2 different United World Colleges for their final 2 years of High school.

Marie-Chantal was sent off to boarding school at the age of 8, not that unusual among rich expats living in Hong Kong, but she said she hated it and would send her own children to boarding school at a young age.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1 View Post
The Hellenic College didn't close it was sold is still running as a school with a different name and an emphasis on languages not just the Greek language and culture. Prince Nikolaos is a governor of the new school.

Pavlos and his brother Philippos both attended boarding school in the US. They attended 2 different United World Colleges for their final 2 years of High school.
Do you know what the new name of the Hellenic College is? I didn't know that both Pavlos and Philippos attended UWCs. Do you know which they attended?
Old 09-23-2007, 04:52 PM
Courtier

How old are the children of CP Pavlos & Marie-Chantal now ?? Other than CP Pavlos birthday bash, you never hear any negative about this couple. Didn't they purchase a home/estate in Greece ???
Old 09-24-2007, 05:50 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladejesus View Post
Do you know what the new name of the Hellenic College is? I didn't know that both Pavlos and Philippos attended UWCs. Do you know which they attended?
The new school is called "The Knightsbridge School", not very original as the school is in Knightsbridge! A very exclusive and expensive part of London, Marie-Chantal's children's clothing store is very close by.

According to the official site Pavlos attended the Armand Hammer United World College of the American West.
Philippos United World College, Montezuma New Mexico.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:03 PM
Aristocracy

MC´s website Marie Chantal - Magazine Clips, House and Garden, the childrens wore their uniform.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1 View Post
The new school is called "The Knightsbridge School", not very original as the school is in Knightsbridge! A very exclusive and expensive part of London, Marie-Chantal's children's clothing store is very close by.

According to the official site Pavlos attended the Armand Hammer United World College of the American West.
Philippos United World College, Montezuma New Mexico.
Thanks for the info Charolette1. Actually the two UWCs that you mentioned are the same school the Armand Hammer United World College of the American West in Montezuma New Mexico.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:11 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, thanks for the info., Charlotte1. And great link, Olili! I enjoyed looking through all the magazines.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:03 PM
Heir Apparent

I begged my parents to send me away to boarding school, and they thought the idea was ridiculous. At the same time, I admire Pavlos and Marie-Chantal for listening to their children, while recalling their own educational experiences (MC not being happy with leaving home at such a young age), and making the decision that is best for the children. I'm sure that as the children age, they will leave home to attend school. If I had the amount of money and resources that they do, I would send my children to the best schools in the world. Luckily for them, they live in a city that has such wonderful schools nearby. I wonder if Marie-Chantal's parents regret sending their children away at such young ages? Children are only young once, and it is great that the prince and princess are enjoying this time with their children. I also admire them for moving to Europe to take advantage of the top-notch educational system, instead of remaining in New York and shipping the children off to school.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:15 PM
Nobility

Does anyone know the name of the school the children go???

are there any photos??
Old 05-05-2009, 05:24 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't know the name of the school, but I do know that it is in London.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:55 PM
Nobility

Knightsbridge School

Is this the school where the children go?

Photos?
Old 10-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Nobility

I've always thought the chidren go to Garden House School in London. Although MO should be elsewhere now because she is too old.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:06 AM

Personally, I really think that teen royalties, especially the boys, should go to military academy schools. These schools use military-style teaching exercises and discipline to teach valuable lessons to underachieving students while encouraging them to reach their full potential.