Education of the children of Pavlos and Marie-Chantal

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kate bromley

Where do Pavlos and MC send their children to school? The Hellenic College of London seems the obvious choice.

Do you think they will send them off to boarding school in a couple of years now that they are getting older? I know MC and her sisters spent a great deal of their teen years away at school. Did Pavlos and his siblings go to boarding school?

Who knows? Perhaps a year at finishing school for the girls? But with their titles, they are already socially well connected so they probably don't have to worry about all that.

I don't think Marie-Chantal will send her children off to boarding school unless they want to. From interviews it sounds like she cried and resented being sent away from her parents. I think she was only about 10 when she went.

well it's a pity that the Hellenic College closed.... it would be nice if the children attended the same school as other family members...

Even before the Hellenic College was closed, Queen AM gave an interview saying that Pavlos' children did not go there, but that MC and Pavlos chose an English school. I saw a photo of the children in uniform at the time. It looked like GardenHouse school uniform (in Chelsea). They might have changed since. But AM definetely said that the parents had chosen not to go to the Hellenic College. I red somewhere that the children took Greek lessons, but that was also some years ago. They might have abandoned since.

The Hellenic College didn't close it was sold is still running as a school with a different name and an emphasis on languages not just the Greek language and culture. Prince Nikolaos is a governor of the new school.

Pavlos and his brother Philippos both attended boarding school in the US. They attended 2 different United World Colleges for their final 2 years of High school.

Marie-Chantal was sent off to boarding school at the age of 8, not that unusual among rich expats living in Hong Kong, but she said she hated it and would send her own children to boarding school at a young age.

The Hellenic College didn't close it was sold is still running as a school with a different name and an emphasis on languages not just the Greek language and culture. Prince Nikolaos is a governor of the new school.

Pavlos and his brother Philippos both attended boarding school in the US. They attended 2 different United World Colleges for their final 2 years of High school.

Do you know what the new name of the Hellenic College is? I didn't know that both Pavlos and Philippos attended UWCs. Do you know which they attended?

How old are the children of CP Pavlos & Marie-Chantal now ?? Other than CP Pavlos birthday bash, you never hear any negative about this couple. Didn't they purchase a home/estate in Greece ???

Do you know what the new name of the Hellenic College is? I didn't know that both Pavlos and Philippos attended UWCs. Do you know which they attended?

The new school is called "The Knightsbridge School", not very original as the school is in Knightsbridge! A very exclusive and expensive part of London, Marie-Chantal's children's clothing store is very close by.

According to the official site Pavlos attended the Armand Hammer United World College of the American West.
Philippos United World College, Montezuma New Mexico.

The new school is called "The Knightsbridge School", not very original as the school is in Knightsbridge! A very exclusive and expensive part of London, Marie-Chantal's children's clothing store is very close by.

According to the official site Pavlos attended the Armand Hammer United World College of the American West.
Philippos United World College, Montezuma New Mexico.

Thanks for the info Charolette1. Actually the two UWCs that you mentioned are the same school the Armand Hammer United World College of the American West in Montezuma New Mexico.:flowers:

Yes, thanks for the info., Charlotte1. And great link, Olili! I enjoyed looking through all the magazines.

I begged my parents to send me away to boarding school, and they thought the idea was ridiculous. At the same time, I admire Pavlos and Marie-Chantal for listening to their children, while recalling their own educational experiences (MC not being happy with leaving home at such a young age), and making the decision that is best for the children. I'm sure that as the children age, they will leave home to attend school. If I had the amount of money and resources that they do, I would send my children to the best schools in the world. Luckily for them, they live in a city that has such wonderful schools nearby. I wonder if Marie-Chantal's parents regret sending their children away at such young ages? Children are only young once, and it is great that the prince and princess are enjoying this time with their children. I also admire them for moving to Europe to take advantage of the top-notch educational system, instead of remaining in New York and shipping the children off to school.

Does anyone know the name of the school the children go???

are there any photos??

I don't know the name of the school, but I do know that it is in London.

I've always thought the chidren go to Garden House School in London. Although MO should be elsewhere now because she is too old.

Personally, I really think that teen royalties, especially the boys, should go to military academy schools. These schools use military-style teaching exercises and discipline to teach valuable lessons to underachieving students while encouraging them to reach their full potential.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do they know Greek and Greek culture?

unfortunately,no, not at all. Not even Marie Chantal knows Greek, after 17 years of marriage! She is married to a Greek Prince, after all, she had to know Greek!!! But she seems not to care...

How could they be members of the Greek Royal Family if they don't even speak greek??

How can you be so sure that they don´t?! MC will know some phrases, but she won´t be fluent. I´m sure CP Pavlos speaks greek, at least from time to time, with his children.
Queen Anne-Marie is fluent! All the King´s and Queen´s children speak the language proper and fluent.
For the CP family: I don´t think it´s easy to speak a language every day in a complete foreign area...

I agree with WARTENBERG, I think that CP Pavlos, must speak a bit of Greek with his children.

I hope they all speak greek.

Why does it matter? They don't live in Greece do they?

There have been lots of royals who don't speak the language of the nation they're supposed to be royals of. Usually happens through marriage, but sometimes titles are passed around enough that you get a Spanish speaking King of Naples or what have you.

And try as hard as they might, most Princes and Princesses of Wales never learn Welsh!

If Pavlos does not want to be a possible King of the hellenes he'd better give up to his dynastic rights for him and his children.But if he does not do so he must teach his children greek.

Possible King? Are you kidding yourself?
They don't live there. What is the point in learning the language of a country you visit occasionally and one you will never reign over?

Back
Top Bottom