Crown Prince Pavlos: Current and Future Titles

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He can call himself grand poobah for all its worth - nobody in Greece (or anywhere else for that matter) takes him seriously.

You can't be your wife's show pony and appear in Tatler so many times and still expect to remain credible as a public figure.

Last edited:
Reactions: eya
i know he was forming a party but not the name deffinatly will vote for him bravo re u atleaste think not like other greeks bashing them constsantly

niko they interviewed the king recently to in 2016 n asked him the same question
was in greece he said i dont know you ask prince nikololaos

There is no future for his bling bling family in Poor Greece.

What will be the title of Prince Pavlos when he becomes head of the Royal House of Greece? Will he continue with the title of Crown Prince of Greece?

After the sad news of King Constantine's death, what title will Crown Prince Pavlos now have?

Last edited by a moderator:
I imagine he will remain Crown Prince Pavlos with a possible addition of "Head of Greek Royal Family". He was born with that title so it will always be his. So long as there is no actual throne to ascend to then the head of the family remains a perpetual Crown Prince.

The Late Warren wrote he will be Crown Prince for the rest of his life.

At the bottom of the wikipedia page of Pavlos, it is stated:
TITULAR
King of the Hellenes
10 January 2023 - present​

To be fair that is Wikipedia and anyone could have edited that. We'll know once the family makes an official announcement of the Kings death how CPP styles himself.

I can imagine this is true, MC will be keen to become QUEEN

TITULAR
King of the Hellenes

That simply means he is, by title, King of Hellenes, without the specific honours, functions and duties, thus removing the "His Majesty". At this stage, until the Greek Royal House release a statement, he is known as Titular King of Hellenes. I suspect the head of the Greek Royal Family will be known as Crown Prince.

I hope Pavlos and Marie-Chantal don't go for being known as Titular King and Queen of Hellenes. HM King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie should be the last, just like in Romania and other non-reigning Royal houses

Like others, I do believe Queen Anne-Marie will spend more time in Denmark. Her children as scattered all over Europe and the US, so being close to her sisters may be important to her. And if she does, I cannot see any issue for her wish to be buried next to Constantine to be denied. They were married for almost 60 years

Last edited:
TITULAR
King of the Hellenes
That would be very strange if true... Kings and Queens do reign in a monarchy, not from far away when their own countr doesn´t reckognize them as monarchs. Although I would love to see Greece as a monarchy, it will not happen. So, from my point of view P and MC must keep their current title (as being done in Serbia) or they must find something "fancy" like the head of the romanian royal house.

I can imagine this is true, MC will be keen to become QUEEN
Is there any evidence of that? On the contrary, what I have read from being interviewed she never gave the impression of being too keen about all this Royalty stuff. In fact she has always been very matter of fact about the situation of the greek monarchy and she once claimed it would not make any sense to be illusional about the fact that currently Greece is a Republic.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair that is Wikipedia and anyone could have edited that. We'll know once the family makes an official announcement of the Kings death how CPP styles himself.

Plus seems like it's a norm that in Wikipedia the heads of deposed royal houses/pretenders to the deposed throne are always labelled as "— TITULAR — [monarch title]" (e.g. Portugal, Italy, France, Egypt, etc.).

It would be so silly if P and MC try to call themselves the King and Queen of a republic country.

Plus seems like it's a norm that in Wikipedia the heads of deposed royal houses/pretenders to the deposed throne are always labelled as "— TITULAR — [monarch title]" (e.g. Portugal, Italy, France, Egypt, etc.).

It would be so silly if P and MC try to call themselves the King and Queen of a republic country.
I don’t think will do that so where is this assumption that they will start calling themselves that?

Wikipedia, and that is a generally known truth, often gets it wrong. I doubt it is Paul´s and Marie-Chantal´s intention.

Last edited:
Would not Pavlos be referred to as Pavlos II?
Jean, Count of Paris is sometimes referred to as Jean IV of France.

That would be very strange if true... Kings and Queens do reign in a monarchy, not from far away when their own countr doesn´t reckognize them as monarchs. Although I would love to see Greece as a monarchy, it will not happen. So, from my point of view P and MC must keep their current title (as being done in Serbia) or they must find something "fancy" like the head of the romanian royal house.

Is there any evidence of that? On the contrary, what I have read from being interviewed she never gave the impression of being too keen about all this Royalty stuff. In fact she has always been very matter of fact about the situation of the greek monarchy and she once claimed it would not make any sense to be illusional about the fact that currently Greece is a Republic.

IMO MC has always been keen on the royal stuff, dressing up with tiara etc. She had the money, Pavlos the title, and all of their children are HRHs, why do that if you think the Greek monarchy is a lot cause?

IMO MC has always been keen on the royal stuff, dressing up with tiara etc. She had the money, Pavlos the title, and all of their children are HRHs, why do that if you think the Greek monarchy is a lot cause?
Dressing in a tiara? she only wears them when she’s invited to royal events so where is this idea she cares so seriously about it? It’s not as if MC is walking on the streets showing off her tiara for all to see. Pavlos was born during the time of the monarchy so of course he will have his title. MC is not the only daughter in law of the late King who has wealth, Philippos’s wife comes from a wealthy family and Tatiana grew up very well-off. Do you really think that MC is stupid enough to put her money in a former dynasty that has no chance of ever being restored?

That would be very strange if true... Kings and Queens do reign in a monarchy...

Well, his "Titular" at Wikipedia claims "King of the Hellenes" is his title...

So, not "King of Greece" or of the Greeks!

Ok, I have not idea about the use of the term "Hellenes", but it sounds more like a provisoric title...

Well, his "Titular" at Wikipedia claims "King of the Hellenes" is his title...

So, not "King of Greece" or of the Greeks!

Ok, I have not idea about the use of the term "Hellenes", but it sounds more like a provisoric title...
King of the Hellenes has been the official translation into English since King George I ascended the throne in 1863.

King of the Hellenes has been the official translation into English since King George I ascended the throne in 1863.
Hellenes it means Greeks. This is the official way we like to be called. Our country is :Hellas.
It strictly means : Kings of Greeks.
We don't really like to be called Greeks (it comes from the Turkish word: Graikoi which means slaves)
Furthermore it has been spread worldwide and this is how many people recognize us.
If you see the official denomination you see: President of the Hellenic Republic.
So before it was King of the Hellenes (the name of the people)

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

Back
Top Bottom