Crown Prince Pavlos & Marie-Chantal and Family: Magazine and Picture Thread 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To Zonk : the book you are looking for is probably Weddings of Style (Wedding pic of MC and Pavlos on the cover), it is by Kalliope Karella, publisher is Assouline. I found my own copy on the internet (Amazon maybe, can't remember if it was new or "as new"). The article about MC&P wedding is very good, with many details and pictures (10 pages including pictures).

Thank you Sita!

I meant to write it down when I saw it the last time and of course, can't find the notes.

Who else is mentioned in the book?

New interview to Marie Chantal Miller at the spanish magazine Vanity Fair de Espana:
Thank you for the link! The cover photo of Marie-Chantal is gorgeous. I liked the interview, but I agree with the other posters that it does seem like other interviews that she has given in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a darn shame I didn't take more than a semester of Spanish in college BUT Marie Chantal looks great!

Don' worry! Vanity Fair de Espana, Vanity Fair of UK and Vanity Fair of USA share many of the articles. Wait and in few months you will see the Marie Chantal Miller interview in the Vanity Fair version of these countries.

I've found this other link, while desperately trying to buy an online copy :
Vanity Fair
If some generous spanish speaking person could translate the article...
Are there more photos in the actual magazine ?

Hi Zonk : 16 couples in total, of which Silvia de Castellane and Duke d'Arenberg, Valesca Dost and Mathias Guerrand Hermes, and others I had never read about. Many from the US or central America. Weddings between 1995 and 2002.

Thank you Frank22...I shall look for the article in the US verision of the magazine.

Sita...thanks for the info. I think I will buy it on half.com.

These pictures are dreamy!I didn't know they had 2 or 3 different dogs.
Thanks for sharing the article,Sita!

You're welcome Melina B. I've read that the family has 5 dogs, including two Afghans which stay in the Sussex house all the time, as they are like "mops" (MC's words) when it rains.

HA!That's cute.Do you remember when she stated that they own a cottage,which is too small for a big family,but they love it just like that etc?I think she meant this one,in Sussex.It does look small,btw.

I remember this article, she said the cottage was tiny. She probably meant "the rooms are tiny", because the whole property seems of a good size. If I understand well the spanish article (not so far from French, but still I don't understand much of the article), it mentions the fact that some farming buildings have been converted into guest rooms. Anyway the pictures are dreamy, you said right. For the non-gardening-aware readers, I wanted to point out that the pictures have obviously been taken last spring, as the vegetation shows. Such beautiful pictures !

In the interview, it said that MC had been in Los Angeles because she opened a new boutique. In the photos appeared 4 dogs, Olympia´s chihuaha, an Afgan and two more.

No, the Miller's property is in Yorkshire. But if I understood well Pia could have a country house near MC's one (there was a hint about it in the big Vogue article in 2006 I think - the one with the presentation of MC's new London Home).

By the way, does everybody know this pic ? I discovered it yesterday, so just in case : Le roi Constantin de Grèce entouré par sa famille | Noblesse & Royautés
If someone knows which bag MC wears, I'll be grateful (MC rarely has such a slouchy bag).

Thank you very much frank22 for the link. Boy these people for the most part of what I can pick up have very harsh opinions of Marie Chantal and her family. I guess everyone is entitled to their views.

Frank22 are you saying VF Uk, Spain and USA are the same? I am not an expert on VF magazine. If so, then the issue you mention to look in would be November? Thank you

Some of the articles that are included in the three versions of Vanity Fair are the same, but others are different. Example: if you check the first page of the UK Vanity Fair and the first page of the USA version it is the same. They have Penelope Cruz in the first page. Wait and you will see that the November version of UK and USA will contain the Mrs. Marie Chantal Miller interview. Sorry, my english is really bad. The magazines HOLA and HELLO also share articles with Vanity Fair.

I never saw this beautiful picture of the family before,so thanks for sharing it :flowers: Where is the little one,Ari?Or was it taken before he was born?

You're welcome Melina B. I think this pic comes from the Vanity Fair Photoshoot, so the baby was around, but somewhere else (maybe screaming like at his Christening, while everybody struggled to look elegant and crisp for the VF photoshoot, hihi. They made it by the way...).

Oh,I know he cried a lot.I remember a photo I saw(not on TRF,unfortunately):prince Kyril was holding little Ari and Prince Paul behind them,looking so worried,and trying to make him stop crying.Really emotional :flowers:

No, the Miller's property is in Yorkshire. But if I understood well Pia could have a country house near MC's one (there was a hint about it in the big Vogue article in 2006 I think - the one with the presentation of MC's new London Home).

By the way, does everybody know this pic ? I discovered it yesterday, so just in case : Le roi Constantin de Grèce entouré par sa famille | Noblesse & Royautés
If someone knows which bag MC wears, I'll be grateful (MC rarely has such a slouchy bag).

That photo came out in May, when King Constantine had his heart operation. It was taken outside of the hospital in London where he was a patient at the time. I wish I knew who designed that bag, because I like it too, Sita!

«Cuando hay un evento de familias reales, te pones el traje y vas. Pero, ése no es mi día a día, es la excepción» - Casas_Reales_Europa - Gente - ABC.es
"When you have an event concerning royal families, you put on the dress and you go. But this is not my day-to-day life, this is the exception".
What a nice photo!!!

Once again MC is in the limelight.
However I wonder about the purpose of the non-stopping interviews, the happy family and how they look like all the ordinary familes
(not to recall the exact number of interviews during 2009, only, ...)

Question

I read that MC's parents had bought a house in Paris in 1975. The house they bought was on the Ile Saint-Louis,which is one of the 3 islands in the Seine river. Does anyone know if the Millers still own it? :ermm:

I read that MC's parents had bought a house in Paris in 1975. The house they bought was on the Ile Saint-Louis,which is one of the 3 islands in the Seine river. Does anyone know if the Millers still own it? :ermm:

I also recall reading about their Parisian home (and feeling very jealous;)). I haven't heard much about it other than when MC mentioned it during an interview. I have seen many photos over the years of Marie-Chantal and family in Paris, but have not seen any mention of where they stay, or whether or not the Millers still own their Parisian home.

I also recall reading about their Parisian home (and feeling very jealous;)). I haven't heard much about it other than when MC mentioned it during an interview. I have seen many photos over the years of Marie-Chantal and family in Paris, but have not seen any mention of where they stay, or whether or not the Millers still own their Parisian home.

The view from this island, in the middle of the Seine & thus, in the middle of Paris, must be breathtaking! I know from MC's bio that she had spent part of her childhood in Paris, too. I also read that her parents had hired Catroux for the first time to decorate the girls' bedrooms in that same house. This is how their long-term friendship & co-operation started :flowers:

I would like to know if the family still has it.
Once we saw the happy MC&Pavlos family presenting baby Odysseas on the Ile St Louis, but you could see very little of the house in the photoshoot :
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...marie-chantal-born-sept-17-2004-a-3640-6.html.
I went on the Isle many times but never noticed what particular house it could be, as there are so many beautiful Hotels Particuliers (often owned by non-French very wealthy people). The atmosphere on the Isle is quiet and, in a way, "simple" though. The houses are not spectacular from the outside, but some of them have treasures inside (like the Hotel Lambert which belonged to a Rotschild couple, and now is being re-done for a middle east Royal - Bahrein maybe). The area is a popular walk for tourists and parisians, because the views are lovely, there are some nice little shops (no big luxury brands), and you have the Seine River giving you a sense of a dreamy long journey.

I remember those pictures taken when little Odysseus was tiny. The whole family posing and also several different pictures. I saw them both in Hola and Point de Vue. That´s a really gorgeous part of Paris.:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom