The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece > Crown Prince Pavlos, Marie Chantal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-24-2009, 04:04 AM
Nobility

You're welcome Melina B. I think this pic comes from the Vanity Fair Photoshoot, so the baby was around, but somewhere else (maybe screaming like at his Christening, while everybody struggled to look elegant and crisp for the VF photoshoot, hihi. They made it by the way...).

Old 10-24-2009, 10:27 AM
Serene Highness

Oh,I know he cried a lot.I remember a photo I saw(not on TRF,unfortunately):Prince Kyril was holding little Ari and Prince Paul behind them,looking so worried,and trying to make him stop crying.Really emotional

Old 10-24-2009, 11:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sita View Post
No, the Miller's property is in Yorkshire. But if I understood well Pia could have a country house near MC's one (there was a hint about it in the big Vogue article in 2006 I think - the one with the presentation of MC's new London Home).

By the way, does everybody know this pic ? I discovered it yesterday, so just in case : Le roi Constantin de Grèce entouré par sa famille | Noblesse & Royautés
If someone knows which bag MC wears, I'll be grateful (MC rarely has such a slouchy bag).
That photo came out in May, when King Constantine had his heart operation. It was taken outside of the hospital in London where he was a patient at the time. I wish I knew who designed that bag, because I like it too, Sita!
Old 10-24-2009, 02:13 PM
Nobility

Cuando hay un evento de familias reales, te pones el traje y vas. Pero, se no es mi da a da, es la excepcin - Casas_Reales_Europa - Gente - ABC.es
"When you have an event concerning royal families, you put on the dress and you go. But this is not my day-to-day life, this is the exception".
What a nice photo!!!

Once again MC is in the limelight.
However I wonder about the purpose of the non-stopping interviews, the happy family and how they look like all the ordinary familes
(not to recall the exact number of interviews during 2009, only, ...)
Old 10-24-2009, 03:52 PM
Serene Highness

Lightbulb Question

I read that MC's parents had bought a house in Paris in 1975. The house they bought was on the Ile Saint-Louis,which is one of the 3 islands in the Seine river. Does anyone know if the Millers still own it?
Old 10-25-2009, 08:47 AM
Nobility

I hope it's not posted earlier
http://i17.tinypic.com/2czovlt.jpg
Old 10-25-2009, 12:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelinaB. View Post
I read that MC's parents had bought a house in Paris in 1975. The house they bought was on the Ile Saint-Louis,which is one of the 3 islands in the Seine river. Does anyone know if the Millers still own it?
I also recall reading about their Parisian home (and feeling very jealous). I haven't heard much about it other than when MC mentioned it during an interview. I have seen many photos over the years of Marie-Chantal and family in Paris, but have not seen any mention of where they stay, or whether or not the Millers still own their Parisian home.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
I also recall reading about their Parisian home (and feeling very jealous). I haven't heard much about it other than when MC mentioned it during an interview. I have seen many photos over the years of Marie-Chantal and family in Paris, but have not seen any mention of where they stay, or whether or not the Millers still own their Parisian home.
The view from this island, in the middle of the Seine & thus, in the middle of Paris, must be breathtaking! I know from MC's bio that she had spent part of her childhood in Paris, too. I also read that her parents had hired Catroux for the first time to decorate the girls' bedrooms in that same house. This is how their long-term friendship & co-operation started
Old 10-26-2009, 04:07 AM
Nobility

I would like to know if the family still has it.
Once we saw the happy MC&Pavlos family presenting baby Odysseas on the Ile St Louis, but you could see very little of the house in the photoshoot :
A son for Pavlos and Marie Chantal: Born Sept. 17 2004.
I went on the Isle many times but never noticed what particular house it could be, as there are so many beautiful Hotels Particuliers (often owned by non-French very wealthy people). The atmosphere on the Isle is quiet and, in a way, "simple" though. The houses are not spectacular from the outside, but some of them have treasures inside (like the Hotel Lambert which belonged to a Rotschild couple, and now is being re-done for a middle east Royal - Bahrein maybe). The area is a popular walk for tourists and parisians, because the views are lovely, there are some nice little shops (no big luxury brands), and you have the Seine River giving you a sense of a dreamy long journey.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:08 AM
Royal Highness

I remember those pictures taken when little Odysseus was tiny. The whole family posing and also several different pictures. I saw them both in Hola and Point de Vue. Thats a really gorgeous part of Paris.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:08 PM
Serene Highness

I never saw these beautiful pics in Paris, so thank you I wish I had the answer, if they sold the house or not, but I don't.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Serene Highness

I found this blog, it is Spanish, it speak about the field house, it has two pictures of the Vanity Fair Vanity Fair Blog Archive Cuéntame un cuento
it says that the house has 300years
Old 10-28-2009, 05:11 PM
Nobility

Hello Beltraneja, I think it is the link I posted some days ago, asking if some spanish speaking person could tell us more about the content of the article. Could you translate for us the main ideas of the interview ?
Old 10-29-2009, 04:57 PM
Aristocracy

Hello,

Could someone help me? I like this Marie - Chantals bag.

http://i10.tinypic.com/4znybs3.jpg

Someone knows where I can buy it.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Hello Beltraneja, I think it is the link I posted some days ago, asking if some spanish speaking person could tell us more about the content of the article. Could you translate for us the main ideas of the interview ?
Excuseme!!
I have not the magazine but I have seen it, I would say the interview is very repetitious with previous themes .. She talks about fashion, her shops, family life, but I remember it, I caught my attention that she said that when she was young she wanted to be a singer ..(I think singer). .Other thing that I have caught my attention is that she says she has lot clothes acumulated , and it dont enter in her londons house
Old 10-30-2009, 03:57 AM
Nobility

To Olili : I would check Anya Hindmarsh or Jimmy Choo for this clutch. Try also MC's favorite website Net a Porter.
To Beltraneja : thank you for your answer. I want to point out I allowed myself to ask for a translation because I myself some years ago did one from German for this board. Otherwise I wouldn't feel free to ask anybody to do so much work ; all the more as I've discovered yesterday that the article is quite long in fact.
As a matter of fact my own charming prince found the spanish Vanity Fair in central Paris yesterday, lucky me ! (it is quite a miracle as I think there are less than 20 copies for sale in Paris). It is indeed packed with new pictures (more than 20 I think), all from the Sussex property (even the inside), and with MC wearing not a single black garment (better than that : MC is wearing rubber boots and comfortable knits). Maybe one day I can scan them, but I think we have to wait until the magazine is not for sale anymore. Anyway, I can recommend this copy, it is worth every penny, even if you can't understand spanish.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:18 AM
Serene Highness

Ok, so don't forget us here when the next issue is out
We can't wait to see the pictures!!
Old 10-30-2009, 06:58 AM
Nobility

Talking

I'm already training on my scan...
Old 10-30-2009, 07:08 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative Jordan

Vanity Fair has amazing pics. I love their house.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:09 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I'm already training on my scan...
OMG, I can't wait!! Don't tell me there are pics showing the interior of the house, too. I'm gonna fade

Tags
crown prince pavlos, crown princess marie chantal, greek royal family, greek royals, princess maria-olympia, princess olympia