The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #141  
Old 07-13-2005, 05:25 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbette
That's not a reason passport agencies don't issue passports, at least here in the US. I Find it hard to believe they don't have regular passports.
The greek royals or former greek royals depending on your view point travel on Danish passports. ( I'm assuming MC would have either a British, she was born in London or US passport. Her 3 oldest children would have American passports as they were born in the US) These passports were issued to them by Queen Margrethe. The issue with the greek government not giving them passports was because Constantine wanted his passport to read King Constantine ( his Danish one does) The greek government would only issue greek passports if they had on them a christian name and surname Constantine argued that the family don't have a surname. The Danish royals also have no surname, it's not Gluksburg which some people claim.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 07-13-2005, 12:16 PM
H.M. Margrethe's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Odense, Denmark
Posts: 826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1
The greek royals or former greek royals depending on your view point travel on Danish passports. ( I'm assuming MC would have either a British, she was born in London or US passport. Her 3 oldest children would have American passports as they were born in the US) These passports were issued to them by Queen Margrethe. The issue with the greek government not giving them passports was because Constantine wanted his passport to read King Constantine ( his Danish one does) The greek government would only issue greek passports if they had on them a christian name and surname Constantine argued that the family don't have a surname. The Danish royals also have no surname, it's not Gluksburg which some people claim.
Well Charlotte1 it is simply not tru what you are writing about the royal family donīt have a lastname/surname.
The Royal Family of Denmark has a lastename/surname and it IS Gluksburg.
They got it when King Christian 9. became king of Denmark.
The reason for Christian 9. became king of Denmark is that when Frederik 7. was dead he did not leave an heir who cut become the next king of Denmark.
King Frederik 7.īs lastname/surname was Oldenburg and since he did not made an heri to the crown the family of Oldenburg would become extinct.
The reson for the royal family her in Denmark are having Gluksburg as lastname/surname is that: King Christian 9. came from a small area in Germany called Gluksburg and when he became king of Denmark in 1863 he and his family took the name Gluksburg as ther lastename/surname. Since that time the Royal Family of Denmark has had the name Gluksburg as ther lastename/surname.
And wher do i know this thing??
I know this infomation because i was taught it when i was at school her in Denmark
__________________

__________________
Long live the royal family in Denmark

Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 07-13-2005, 03:13 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 192
Ehhh!!So,there was a fight here,and I wasn't participating!!How can you make a fight without me???
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 07-13-2005, 03:36 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 617
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo
Ehhh!!So,there was a fight here,and I wasn't participating!!How can you make a fight without me???
Just ONE fight? You're kidding! :)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 07-13-2005, 04:10 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 79
Firstly ,I think that Mette - Marite

is a beautifull woman and I really envy Haakon for his choice!!

The Greek Royal Family is Greek royal family because without this Family:

a. There wouldn't be any Greece at all

b. There wouldn't be any Olympics (winter or summer)

c. Mousleem minority in Europe would be three times bigger

d. To all states in the world enclouding China recognises that they are Greeks, exapt, of the sadistic greek regime because they have to pay some millions of Euro for pension to our King,because he was the Superior State Authority for 7 years and as such,He must obtain pention the last 38 years home,driver ,security,every 5 years new car,extra bonuses for the Queen e.t.clike all others ex- s authorities of Greece!....Violation of civil rights??

e. Their name is written in the GOTHA BOOK...

f. Their Greek is perfect, and they all have Greek education.They paid their taxes,and they pay taxes every day when they are here...To all the difficult moments of the Greek state,they helped,without any demands

Greeker than Greeks!!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 07-13-2005, 05:37 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra
Did Mette Marit really bring her illegitimate son to the party? Unbelievable! But perhaps he was invited, too. Yes, must have been. Quite a broadminded thought of the hosts, it is. And yes, she was a godmother of Odysseas Kimon.
How is Marius "illegitimate?" Marius has both a mother and a father as well as a step-father who love him and a new step-mother.

And why wouldn't Mette-Marit bring her son to Greece with her? It wasn't an official engagement so she wasn't bring her son to work with her. It was more of a private family engagement and Mette-Marit was aksed to be a godmother because of her friendship with Marie-Chantal and Pavlos.

Nobody seemed to decry the presence of Eloise and Claus-Casimir at Martha Louise's daughter's baptism. Nobody questioned why they with Constantijn would be at the church as Laurentien was made a godmother to Leah Isadora. So why question Marius' presence. He is as much part of Haakon and Mette-Marit's family even if he is not Haakon's son.

If royals should only invite the prim and proper to their official and private engagements, many born royals would be excluded from such events including the entire Grimaldi family, King Albert who had an affair which produced a daughter, Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall, the Italian royals, and so many more.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 07-13-2005, 05:40 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve
If royals should only invite the prim and proper to their official and private engagements, many born royals would be excluded from such events including the entire Grimaldi family, King Albert who had an affair which produced a daughter, Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall, the Italian royals, and so many more.
You are SO right!!!! No double standards!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 07-13-2005, 05:55 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 192
Royals can invite

whomever they Like...commoners or whom ever they can afford!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 07-13-2005, 07:33 PM
prm79's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 29
Jeez, I told my sister about this forum, she visited it and since we share the same PC, she posted all these posts using my user name and made such a mess :( .
First of all, I would like to apologise to everyone that was in any way offended by her being edgy. Secondly, I noticed that she tried to make a point. Although I do too believe that a CP should have some qualities, I am sure that Mette-Marit is a person who meets the standards of a CP and she stands up to her people's expectations. We lived in Norway for several years and when the whole scandal came up, the press was really hard on her. Nevertheless, she was sincere from the very beginning and I think it's pretty obvious even to those who don't like her that she deeply loves and genuinely cares for CP Haakon.
Well, my lovely sis happens not to agree with me (but I can assure you that she would never blame a woman for having a child out of marriage).
Once again I'm sorry for the mess,
~G
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 07-13-2005, 07:38 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by prm79
Jeez, I told my sister about this forum, she visited it and since we share the same PC, she posted all these posts using my user name and made such a mess :( .
~G
So that's one thing cleared up!
One thing that's nice about this forum is that discussions tend to stay polite, even if there's lots of disagreement. I was really wondering how the discussion could get so heated, and now I know!

Have a nice evening/night/morning, whatever time zone you're in! :)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #151  
Old 07-13-2005, 09:23 PM
samitude's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: , United States
Posts: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve
How is Marius "illegitimate?"
Merriam-Webster online's definition for illegitimate is

Quote:
1 : not recognized as lawful offspring; specifically : born of parents not married to each other
That would mean that Marius is illegitimate. He was born of parents not married to each other.
__________________
Sylvia M.
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 07-14-2005, 01:03 AM
susan alicia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 2,528
point f is very funny. very. they are greek because they pay their taxes, paying tax is very ungreek

point c makes my skin crawl, knowing how some greeks think (re Sbrenicia for instance) but I will not say more about this. too unpleasant

point a is hilarious

Quote:
Originally Posted by laskaris
is a beautifull woman and I really envy Haakon for his choice!!

The Greek Royal Family is Greek royal family because without this Family:

a. There wouldn't be any Greece at all

b. There wouldn't be any Olympics (winter or summer)

c. Mousleem minority in Europe would be three times bigger

d. To all states in the world enclouding China recognises that they are Greeks, exapt, of the sadistic greek regime because they have to pay some millions of Euro for pension to our King,because he was the Superior State Authority for 7 years and as such,He must obtain pention the last 38 years home,driver ,security,every 5 years new car,extra bonuses for the Queen e.t.clike all others ex- s authorities of Greece!....Violation of civil rights??

e. Their name is written in the GOTHA BOOK...

f. Their Greek is perfect, and they all have Greek education.They paid their taxes,and they pay taxes every day when they are here...To all the difficult moments of the Greek state,they helped,without any demands

Greeker than Greeks!!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 07-14-2005, 04:46 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 617
[QUOTE=samitude]Merriam-Webster online's definition for illegitimate is


"Illegitimate" has very negative connotations, hasn't it? I'd never call my son "illegitimate", although that's precicely what he is in the sense of Merriam-Webster's definition. We're in the 21st century, isn't it time to find a neutral term for "being born of parents who are not married"?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 07-14-2005, 05:31 AM
sm1939's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,012
I total agree with you there smilla its a really old fashion view point.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 07-14-2005, 06:12 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: toronto, Canada
Posts: 175
Regarding: " "Illegitimate" has very negative connotations"
The French language has the expression "enfant naturel" whihc sounds much better.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 07-14-2005, 06:33 AM
prm79's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiesheep


So, then which are your posts and which are your ... sisters?

:) I never posted on this thread (regarding the christening of Odysseas-Kimon).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 07-14-2005, 07:47 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.M. Margrethe
Well Charlotte1 it is simply not tru what you are writing about the royal family donīt have a lastname/surname.
The Royal Family of Denmark has a lastename/surname and it IS Gluksburg.
They got it when King Christian 9. became king of Denmark.
The reason for Christian 9. became king of Denmark is that when Frederik 7. was dead he did not leave an heir who cut become the next king of Denmark.
King Frederik 7.īs lastname/surname was Oldenburg and since he did not made an heri to the crown the family of Oldenburg would become extinct.
The reson for the royal family her in Denmark are having Gluksburg as lastname/surname is that: King Christian 9. came from a small area in Germany called Gluksburg and when he became king of Denmark in 1863 he and his family took the name Gluksburg as ther lastename/surname. Since that time the Royal Family of Denmark has had the name Gluksburg as ther lastename/surname.
And wher do i know this thing??
I know this infomation because i was taught it when i was at school her in Denmark
According to the official site of the Danish Royal Family the current royal family is the House of Glucksborg.

But they do not use Glucksborg as a surname, Danish ( and greek) royals claim not to have a surname.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 07-14-2005, 08:02 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 5
I do not like Pavlos and Marie-Chantal. I do not like GRF.
Try as possible be closer communicate with member reigning houses of the Europe. All godparent their children future kings and queens and much little not royal person.
Before present young generation, all members to GRF tried be united with member of the royal houses of the Europe. The spouse of the King Constantine - Princess Denmark, his sister Princess Sofia spouse of the King Spain. The spouse of Prince PavlosMarie-Chantalas know from very rich family.
The Prince Nikolaos always on photography with model and actress, never saw to photographies wherever he was with unknown girl, such as his cousins from Denmark or Spain.
They communicate with known people, I think this snobbish.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 07-14-2005, 08:20 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia
point f is very funny. very. they are greek because they pay their taxes, paying tax is very ungreek

point c makes my skin crawl, knowing how some greeks think (re Sbrenicia for instance) but I will not say more about this. too unpleasant

point a is hilarious

The only hilarious point,is your point of vue!!

where is Sbrenicia???
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 07-14-2005, 08:48 AM
prm79's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by laskaris

The Greek Royal Family is Greek royal family because without this Family:

a. There wouldn't be any Greece at all

b. There wouldn't be any Olympics (winter or summer)

c. Mousleem minority in Europe would be three times bigger

d. To all states in the world enclouding China recognises that they are Greeks, exapt, of the sadistic greek regime because they have to pay some millions of Euro for pension to our King,because he was the Superior State Authority for 7 years and as such,He must obtain pention the last 38 years home,driver ,security,every 5 years new car,extra bonuses for the Queen e.t.clike all others ex- s authorities of Greece!....Violation of civil rights??

e. Their name is written in the GOTHA BOOK...

f. Their Greek is perfect, and they all have Greek education.They paid their taxes,and they pay taxes every day when they are here...To all the difficult moments of the Greek state,they helped,without any demands

Greeker than Greeks!!!!
I feel really sorry reading these lines.
laskaris, judging from your user name, I'm assuming that you are Greek and it's a shame witnessing a Greek expressing such outrageous statements.
Thank God, there are people who choose to read and study history in order to form AN OBJECTIVE OPINION concerning the facts that led to the imposition of monarchy on Greece and its course during the following years instead of preferring to ignore those facts.
The former Greek royal family (and whether you like it or not, it IS former since Greece is a republic for many years now) may feel as Greek as they like but sorry, they are NOT Greeks by definition. A simple history review prooves and fully supports my saying.
~G
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Christenings of Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine Josefine Royal House of Sweden 50 08-10-2014 04:35 AM
Christening Of Achileas-Andreas, born August 2000 Josefine Crown Prince Pavlos, Marie Chantal and Family 12 05-15-2012 09:49 AM
Christening Of Constantine Alexios, born 29 October 1998 Josefine Crown Prince Pavlos, Marie Chantal and Family 29 06-03-2009 10:51 AM
Prince Gabriel's Christening Martine King Philippe & Queen Mathilde and Family 37 02-11-2006 12:08 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria dutch royal history engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games ottoman pom pregnancy president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:35 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]