The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-12-2005, 09:48 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilla
There is actually quite a difference between worshipping someone and just being fair. It is unfair to blame MEtte-Marit for trying to push her son into royal circles. She has got countless advisors who would definitely have told her if she'd try to do something bad-mannered such as bringing her child uninvited. So I think it's safe to assume that he's been invited. Which is not Mette-Marit's fault.

(BTW Mette-Marit's become royal by marriage, so should she put her son up for adoption to keep him from contaminating "royal circles"?!?)

I admire Haakoon for his courage in wanting to marry Mette-Marit and her for her courage in accepting his proposal. IMO this is a point in favour for both of them.
All I'm saying is that we are all defined by our actions and choices and that one must have certain qualities to defend the title of the crown princess which I don't think she does. It's not only the royal origin or blood that makes you royal. That's my personal opinion. I never said she should hide her son, for God's sake!

Old 07-12-2005, 09:58 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by prm79
All I'm saying is that we are all defined by our actions and choices and that one must have certain qualities to defend the title of the crown princess which I don't think she does. It's not only the royal origin or blood that makes you royal. That's my personal opinion. I never said she should hide her son, for God's sake!
pray tell ,in your "opinion" what makes a "crown Princess"???????
because at the end of the day they are only human and all of them makes mistake's one way or another !
however why dont we agree to disagree !

Old 07-12-2005, 11:08 AM
Commoner

Sure, you're obviously a fan and I'm obviously not...so
Old 07-12-2005, 11:45 AM
Courtier

I'm not a fan of Mette-Marit at all. She doesn't carry out enough engagements for my taste, but the Norwegian royals don't have the same workload as most other royal houses (the Danes have lots of off-days, too). That being said, I feel MM has to be judged in comparison to the rest of the Norwegian royal house, and she works just as hard as the rest of them.

You shouldn't have commented at all on Marius, because he's not illegitimate and attacking a child because you don't like his mother makes you look petty and completely detracts from whatever argument you may have had.

MM's past is not the issue here. The Norwegians have accepted her and feel that she does a good job. Since they are the ones who pay for her, that's all that counts.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:07 PM
Commoner

Watch it lady, I didn't say he was illegitimate, on the contrary I made an argument against that calling. It was Alexandra who used these words. Be more careful next time you quote someone.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:33 PM
Courtier

I didn't quote you, but I'm sorry I mistook it as you who called him illegitimate.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:08 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiesheep
May I ask a question?

These "greek royals", I mean, they aren't greek royals, aren't they?
afaik Greece is no longer a mornachy, so what are they, "ex-royals"?
And the children of "CP" Pavlos, aren't they commoners?

Just thinking about it ...
Check out this thread The position of the Royal Family and attitudes to restoration
Old 07-12-2005, 02:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Mr. and Mrs. Miller?

Quote:
Thank you.

So, I was right, Ms. Miller and her husband (and their children) aren't royals. What's their correct name?
Old 07-12-2005, 03:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia
Mr. and Mrs. Miller?
Robert and Chantal Miller.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:19 PM
Serene Highness

[QUOTE=prm79]All I'm saying is that we are all defined by our actions and choices and that one must have certain qualities to defend the title of the crown princess which I don't think she does. It's not only the royal origin or blood that makes you royal.

If one must have certain qualities and illegitimate children is not one of those, I would imagine many royals shouldn't be in their jobs. C'mon prm79, I am not necessarily a fan of the Norwegian royals but I am a huge fan of people being inclusive instead of exclusive. If we are all defined by our actions and choices, it seems to me all the adults involved in including young Marius in baptismal, royal or whatever events, and thus helping him to have a stable and secure upbringing ought to be applauded and not chastised. I don't think any evolved adult wants to see Marius suffer because he is excluded. He already has enough to deal with being the older step-sibling that will not inherit the throne.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:23 PM
Serene Highness

If you didn't say "illegimitate" then, "out of wedlock" --- since several royals are reputed to have them.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:08 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily

If one must have certain qualities and illegitimate children is not one of those, I would imagine many royals shouldn't be in their jobs. C'mon prm79, I am not necessarily a fan of the Norwegian royals but I am a huge fan of people being inclusive instead of exclusive. If we are all defined by our actions and choices, it seems to me all the adults involved in including young Marius in baptismal, royal or whatever events, and thus helping him to have a stable and secure upbringing ought to be applauded and not chastised. I don't think any evolved adult wants to see Marius suffer because he is excluded. He already has enough to deal with being the older step-sibling that will not inherit the throne.
If you hadn't been experiencing serious problems reading the posts of this thread in order and perhaps notice the name of each poster, then you would have realised that what I said about those qualities certainly had nothing to do with cute Marius. This is of course a proof that some people read what they want to read and not what is actually written. Do you even know the story of Mette Marit, have you watched her on tv, read her interviews? At least, I lived in Norway for the last 6 years so allow me to have an opinion which, of course, is just personal.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:12 PM
Commoner

Quote:

Actually I meant MC and Pavlos.

What's their name?
I'm not sure but since the former greek royal family hasn't adopted a last name I guess they don't have one. It's Crown Prince Pavlos and Crown Princess Marie-Chantal. I'm not sure though...That's one of the reasons that the family members don't have a normal passport.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:37 PM
Serene Highness

That's not a reason passport agencies don't issue passports, at least here in the US. I Find it hard to believe they don't have regular passports.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:41 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbette
That's not a reason passport agencies don't issue passports, at least here in the US. I Find it hard to believe they don't have regular passports.
Actually, they don't...which is why the former greek government didn't allow them to visit the country. I think they have some kind of passports that diplomats have...
Old 07-12-2005, 05:02 PM
Serene Highness

That's their own doing--if they are US citizens, they could certainly get aUS passport. If they chose not to, that's their own doing.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:31 PM
Commoner

Hm...then, what I have heard has to do with their not having greek passports issued.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:35 PM
Serene Highness

I read the posts, in order, and I stand by my post. End of discussion.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
they are crown Prince and Crown Princess although they aren't?
That means, I could call myself Crown Princess if I'd like to?

Crown Princess hippiesheep, that's really cool...
Well, possibly as much as you could call yourself President hippiesheep (I'd vote for somebody with this name anytime!). It wouldn't make you president, and it wouldn't make you a crown princess if it is just a name you choose. It's a title and has to be recognized by someone official. I suppose calling those Greek guys crown prince and princess is just a matter of courtesy, they have no official capacity whatsoever since Greece is a republic.
It's like in Austria, we have no aristocracy any longer, so if you want to be extra-nice you'd call somebody duke or duchess, or whatever, but it's not an offical title.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:57 AM
Administrator

Be civil please

Quote:
Originally Posted by prm79
Watch it lady... Be more careful next time you quote someone.
Being civil to fellow posters makes more of an impact than an aggressive tone.

:)