Christening Of Odysseas Kimon

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Genevieve said:
How is Marius "illegitimate?"

Merriam-Webster online's definition for illegitimate is

1 : not recognized as lawful offspring; specifically : born of parents not married to each other

That would mean that Marius is illegitimate. He was born of parents not married to each other.

point f is very funny. very. they are greek because they pay their taxes, paying tax is very ungreek

point c makes my skin crawl, knowing how some greeks think (re Sbrenicia for instance) but I will not say more about this. too unpleasant

point a is hilarious

laskaris said:
is a beautifull woman and I really envy;) Haakon for his choice!!

The Greek Royal Family is Greek royal family because without this Family:

a. There wouldn't be any Greece at all

b. There wouldn't be any Olympics (winter or summer)

c. Mousleem minority in Europe would be three times bigger

d. To all states in the world enclouding China recognises that they are Greeks, exapt, of the sadistic greek regime because they have to pay some millions of Euro for pension to our King,because he was the Superior State Authority for 7 years and as such,He must obtain pention the last 38 years home,driver ,security,every 5 years new car,extra bonuses for the Queen e.t.clike all others ex- s authorities of Greece!....Violation of civil rights??

e. Their name is written in the GOTHA BOOK...

f. Their Greek is perfect, and they all have Greek education.They paid their taxes,and they pay taxes every day when they are here...To all the difficult moments of the Greek state,they helped,without any demands

Greeker than Greeks!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
samitude said:
Merriam-Webster online's definition for illegitimate is

"Illegitimate" has very negative connotations, hasn't it? I'd never call my son "illegitimate", although that's precicely what he is in the sense of Merriam-Webster's definition. We're in the 21st century, isn't it time to find a neutral term for "being born of parents who are not married"?

I total agree with you there smilla its a really old fashion view point.

Last edited:
Regarding: " "Illegitimate" has very negative connotations"
The French language has the expression "enfant naturel" whihc sounds much better.

hippiesheep said:
smoke.gif
brille.gif

So, then which are your posts and which are your ... sisters?

:D

:) I never posted on this thread (regarding the christening of Odysseas-Kimon).

H.M. Margrethe said:
Well Charlotte1 it is simply not tru what you are writing about the royal family don´t have a lastname/surname.
The Royal Family of Denmark has a lastename/surname and it IS Gluksburg.
They got it when King Christian 9. became king of Denmark.
The reason for Christian 9. became king of Denmark is that when Frederik 7. was dead he did not leave an heir who cut become the next king of Denmark.
King Frederik 7.´s lastname/surname was Oldenburg and since he did not made an heri to the crown the family of Oldenburg would become extinct.
The reson for the royal family her in Denmark are having Gluksburg as lastname/surname is that: King Christian 9. came from a small area in Germany called Gluksburg and when he became king of Denmark in 1863 he and his family took the name Gluksburg as ther lastename/surname. Since that time the Royal Family of Denmark has had the name Gluksburg as ther lastename/surname.
And wher do i know this thing??
I know this infomation because i was taught it when i was at school her in Denmark

According to the official site of the Danish Royal Family the current royal family is the House of Glucksborg.

But they do not use Glucksborg as a surname, Danish ( and greek) royals claim not to have a surname.

I do not like Pavlos and Marie-Chantal. I do not like GRF.
Try as possible be closer communicate with member reigning houses of the Europe. All godparent their children future kings and queens and much little not royal person.
Before present young generation, all members to GRF tried be united with member of the royal houses of the Europe. The spouse of the King Constantine - Princess Denmark, his sister Princess Sofia spouse of the King Spain. The spouse of Prince PavlosMarie-Chantalas know from very rich family.
The Prince Nikolaos always on photography with model and actress, never saw to photographies wherever he was with unknown girl, such as his cousins from Denmark or Spain.
They communicate with known people, I think this snobbish.

susan alicia said:
point f is very funny. very. they are greek because they pay their taxes, paying tax is very ungreek

point c makes my skin crawl, knowing how some greeks think (re Sbrenicia for instance) but I will not say more about this. too unpleasant

point a is hilarious

The only hilarious point,is your point of vue!!

where is Sbrenicia???

laskaris said:
The Greek Royal Family is Greek royal family because without this Family:

a. There wouldn't be any Greece at all

b. There wouldn't be any Olympics (winter or summer)

c. Mousleem minority in Europe would be three times bigger

d. To all states in the world enclouding China recognises that they are Greeks, exapt, of the sadistic greek regime because they have to pay some millions of Euro for pension to our King,because he was the Superior State Authority for 7 years and as such,He must obtain pention the last 38 years home,driver ,security,every 5 years new car,extra bonuses for the Queen e.t.clike all others ex- s authorities of Greece!....Violation of civil rights??

e. Their name is written in the GOTHA BOOK...

f. Their Greek is perfect, and they all have Greek education.They paid their taxes,and they pay taxes every day when they are here...To all the difficult moments of the Greek state,they helped,without any demands

Greeker than Greeks!!!!

I feel really sorry reading these lines.
laskaris, judging from your user name, I'm assuming that you are Greek and it's a shame witnessing a Greek expressing such outrageous statements.
Thank God, there are people who choose to read and study history in order to form AN OBJECTIVE OPINION concerning the facts that led to the imposition of monarchy on Greece and its course during the following years instead of preferring to ignore those facts.
The former Greek royal family (and whether you like it or not, it IS former since Greece is a republic for many years now) may feel as Greek as they like but sorry, they are NOT Greeks by definition. A simple history review prooves and fully supports my saying.
~G

Last edited:
it is never, ever, a childs fault that a parent did marry or neglected to marry and excluding a child because of it would seem to me barbaric, uncivilized and cruel.

Alexandra said:
Did Mette Marit really bring her illegitimate son to the party? Unbelievable! But perhaps he was invited, too. Yes, must have been. Quite a broadminded thought of the hosts, it is. And yes, she was a godmother of Odysseas Kimon.

susan alicia said:
it is never, ever, a childs fault that a parent did marry or neglected to marry and excluding a child because of it would seem to me barbaric, uncivilized and cruel.

I completley agree susan alicia!

I agree with you, too. However, sometimes Marius won't be present at official functions when his sisters and brothers will be, I suppose, because he is officially not royal. Apart from that, I think the Norwegian royals are handling the slightly unusual situation very well. Good luck to them!

Charlotte1 said:
According to the official site of the Danish Royal Family the current royal family is the House of Glucksborg.

But they do not use Glucksborg as a surname, Danish ( and greek) royals claim not to have a surname.
Does that mean that Mary still uses Donaldson in official documents? Do commoner-turned-princesses keep their maiden name?

planetcher said:
Does that mean that Mary still uses Donaldson in official documents? Do commoner-turned-princesses keep their maiden name?

Mette-Marit Hoiby said she would miss her name, so I guess they lose their maiden name.

prm79 said:
I feel really sorry reading these lines.
laskaris, judging from your user name, I'm assuming that you are Greek and it's a shame witnessing a Greek expressing such outrageous statements.
Thank God, there are people who choose to read and study history in order to form AN OBJECTIVE OPINION concerning the facts that led to the imposition of monarchy on Greece and its course during the following years instead of preferring to ignore those facts.
The former Greek royal family (and whether you like it or not, it IS former since Greece is a republic for many years now) may feel as Greek as they like but sorry, they are NOT Greeks by definition. A simple history review prooves and fully supports my saying.
~G

I guess we haven't red the same History then!!

This thread was suppose to be about Odysseas christening... Please use other threads to argue about other issues..

thanks Queens.

susan alicia said:

I completely agree. I can't imagine how anyone could be so up in arms over a child attending a party. Is Marius supposed to be shunned and locked away because his parents neglected to marry? He is the son of the Crown Princess of Norway. Everyone knows that Mette-Marit had a child before marrying Haakon, no secret there. What would the same critics of Marius and his mother say if Mette-Merit constantly appeared in public and no one ever or very rarely saw her son? These same people who ridicule Marius's entire existence would then call his mother neglectful.

Some people are just plain petty. As if a child can be punished for his parent's mistakes or actions. I don't recally any human being ever having the privilege of asking to come into the world or for their creation. It really isn't our decision.

I really think that it was a very lovely gesture to invite Marius on the part of MC and Pavlos. MC has critics as well but such an action is to her credit. She clearly as a parent must have thought it would be nice for Marius to attend especially since he is around the same age as her oldest child and one of her sons. I doubt that Mette-Marit simple decided to bring Marius without a formal invite.

but perhaps we do not have to credit her too much for normal descent behaviour :)

Isabel said:
I completely agree. I can't imagine how anyone could be so up in arms over a child attending a party. Is Marius supposed to be shunned and locked away because his parents neglected to marry? He is the son of the Crown Princess of Norway. Everyone knows that Mette-Marit had a child before marrying Haakon, no secret there. What would the same critics of Marius and his mother say if Mette-Merit constantly appeared in public and no one ever or very rarely saw her son? These same people who ridicule Marius's entire existence would then call his mother neglectful.

Some people are just plain petty. As if a child can be punished for his parent's mistakes or actions. I don't recally any human being ever having the privilege of asking to come into the world or for their creation. It really isn't our decision.

I really think that it was a very lovely gesture to invite Marius on the part of MC and Pavlos. MC has critics as well but such an action is to her credit. She clearly as a parent must have thought it would be nice for Marius to attend especially since he is around the same age as her oldest child and one of her sons. I doubt that Mette-Marit simple decided to bring Marius without a formal invite.

what illegitimate really means

I agree with previous posters in this forum that the word "illegitimate" is a very outdated word in today's modern world where there is something like legal acceptance of other relationships apart from a marriage.
What it really means is very outdated: a child born to unmarried parents, and therefore having no legal rights like children who are born to married parents. Not only the child would be without rights, but it was also seen as illegal for this child to be born after all, as sex between unmarried people was seen as an illegal act of conduct. So the word is indeed meant to downgrade both child and parents. However, in this time and age, there are other ways to legalise a relationship and the (inheritance) rights of children, so I think it is about time the word "illegitimate" is being abandoned.

This thread is about the christening of Odysseas Kimon! Please get back on topic.

What beautiful children Pavlos and Marie-Chantal have brought into this world!!

P.S. Leave poor Marius alone. It is not the child's fault and he is a wonderful child that is treated equally with his sibling by Haakon and Mette-Marit. Don't ostracize the poor child just because his parents never married. That is quite a large phenomenon these days--children born to unwed parents. Get used to it.

Maria Olympia was christened in Istanbul due to it being the home of the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate.

The family photos are wonderful. They are a beautiful family. Maria Olympia seems to be quite tall for her age.

I think that it is fabulous that Marius is included. He is part of a family and that family happens to have members that are royal. What are they supposed to do,lock him away when there are public events? I greatly admire MM and Haakon for choosing to have a family environment that includes all members and not just the royal ones. They are doing what is best for THEIR family and it is THEIR business.

Does anyone know where Marie Chantal's mother is from? I heard that she is from either Ecuador or Bolivia and that she claimed to be an Incan princess? Any info on this?

She is from Ecuador and she IS NOT an Incan princess. That was taken out of context from some story done about her being a socialite and giving lavish parties in Hong Kong. The Millers primarily reside in Hong Kong and England. Years ago, she and Mr. Miller gave a party in Hong Kong where she descended in to the party in a hot air balloon.

She probably does have Indian blood in her.(mestizo) However, she is not a princess.

Back
Top Bottom