The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-08-2005, 09:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doņa Metizia
I'm surprised that this baptism was not such a lavish affair.
What do you mean??

Old 07-10-2005, 07:40 AM
Nobility

Olympia seems to be quite a big girl now, and she is not yet 9 years old. And look how nice she takes care of the little brother. She also has beautiful long plaits.
But MC could at last cut her hairs, a long fair hear is horrible. Dark hairs can be nice when they are long, but not fair hears. Never. It is just a pack of colourless nothing.

Old 07-10-2005, 07:51 AM
Nobility

Did Mette Marit really bring her illegitimate son to the party? Unbelievable! But perhaps he was invited, too. Yes, must have been. Quite a broadminded thought of the hosts, it is. And yes, she was a godmother of Odysseas Kimon.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:17 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by agisele
no idea. they were probably looking for some place exotic to christen their daughter?
Really? In Istambul? But they are "fierce" Moslems in Turkey, aren't they! How in earth did they choose that kind of a place for the place for christening of a dear baby?
Old 07-10-2005, 08:23 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra
Did Mette Marit really bring her illegitimate son to the party? Unbelievable! But perhaps he was invited, too. Yes, must have been. Quite a broadminded thought of the hosts, it is. And yes, she was a godmother of Odysseas Kimon.
Jesus Christ said:"Let children come to me" In Christenings Jesus Christ is A PRESENCE!! HE COMES TO MEET THE NEWCOMER , HIS FRIENDS,AND IF THE CHILDREN ARE STILL COMING TO HIM !!!!I PELIEVE HE WAS HAPPY WITH WHAT HE SAW!!!
Old 07-10-2005, 08:28 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Really? In Istambul? But they are "fierce" Moslems in Turkey, aren't they! How in earth did they choose that kind of a place for the place for christening of a dear baby?
THE LITTLE PRINCESS,was baptised in Constantinoupolis (today's Instanbul)!Maybe Moslems don't like christians,but they respect the King and The Royal Prince of Greece!!
Old 07-10-2005, 08:33 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo
Jesus Christ said:"Let children come to me" In Christenings Jesus Christ is A PRESENCE!! HE COMES TO MEET THE NEWCOMER , HIS FRIENDS,AND IF THE CHILDREN ARE STILL COMING TO HIM !!!!I PELIEVE HE WAS HAPPY WITH WHAT HE SAW!!!

Oh yes, you are quite right, that is true! Very true. I agree with you.

And I did not mean just the christening. Sorry. I was pointing the way she is trying to push her illegitimate son into royal circles. That boy is not a royal, everybody knows that, it is a fact!
Old 07-10-2005, 08:39 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:

And I did not mean just the christening. Sorry. I was pointing the way she is trying to push her illegal son into royal circles. That boy is not a royal, everybody knows that, it is a fact!
HE IS STILL HAPPY!!HE IS VERY GOOD LOOKING!JESUS HIMSELF WAS OF ROYAL GENERATION THAT IS WHY HE WAS SPEAKING TO ALL THE PEOPLE,AND STILL SPEAKS INTO THEIR HEARTS THE LAST 2000 YEARS!!!!
Old 07-10-2005, 11:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:

And I did not mean just the christening. Sorry. I was pointing the way she is trying to push her illegal son into royal circles. That boy is not a royal, everybody knows that, it is a fact!
No one is trying to claim that MM's son is royal, but he IS a sweet little boy who is a member of their family. I'm sure he was invited. Just because a child isn't a member of the royal house doesn't mean he doesn't belong there.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:23 PM
Commoner

Quote:

I find it quite provocative as well but on the other hand the sweet little boy has done nothing wrong to be dealing with accusations of not being royal...I'd rather put the blame on the Crown Prince and his choices.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:11 AM
Aristocracy

There are no "blames"

for anyone here...be couse we are dealing with the philosophy of whole relegious doctrine.Emperors of the past were building huge churches for their marriages for the christenings of their Princes,and the whole city was invited!!Ceremonies holding for days!!!Yes,'Blame' Pavlos and M.C for this!!They sure wanted the whole world to be there!!
Old 07-12-2005, 04:16 AM
Gentry

Congratulations

to R.P.Pavlos and Marie-Chantal for the Ceremony of Prince O.K. christening
Old 07-12-2005, 05:31 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo
for anyone here...be couse we are dealing with the philosophy of whole relegious doctrine.Emperors of the past were building huge churches for their marriages for the christenings of their Princes,and the whole city was invited!!Ceremonies holding for days!!!Yes,'Blame' Pavlos and M.C for this!!They sure wanted the whole world to be there!!
cuervo, you probably misunderstood me. I was most certainly not referring to the Crown Prince Pavlos and Marie-Chantal and the people they invited at the christening but to the Crown Prince of Norway and his decision to marry Mette-Marit.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:49 AM
Serene Highness

What's wrong with Prince Haakon decision to Marry Mette - marit??
Old 07-12-2005, 06:10 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I am so sorry to read these words.
Why are you calling Marius illegitimate? As far as I know he has a mother and a father. From wich side you consider him illegitimate?

Of course he must have been invited. I have never seen the Royal Family of Norway hiding Marius. I still remember their first Christmas Cards with Marius. Why should Mette hide her own child?!:(

The hosts only showed with this gesture how much caring they are towards the Godmother of their child. point for them)

Regards.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:33 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbcm
I am so sorry to read these words.
Why are you calling Marius illegitimate? As far as I know he has a mother and a father. From wich side you consider him illegitimate?

Of course he must have been invited. I have never seen the Royal Family of Norway hiding Marius. I still remember their first Christmas Cards with Marius. Why should Mette hide her own child?!:(

The hosts only showed with this gesture how much caring they are towards the Godmother of their child. point for them)

Regards.
I total agree with you , we dont live in the middle ages any more ,
Marius is just as welcome as any other child even if he hasnt any royal blood in him
who care's at the end of the day. he's just a little boy
Old 07-12-2005, 08:01 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939
What's wrong with Prince Haakon decision to Marry Mette - marit??
Must we all worship Mette-Marit and her glorious past? Please sm1939, give me a break...
Old 07-12-2005, 09:30 AM
Serene Highness

no I dont think we all have to worship Mette marit , but I dont think for one moment she would of brought up her " Glorious" past if the press had not be snooping around so thats why she had to talk about her life, and say sorry , (sorry for what ) because I think if you dig deep enough you can get dirty out of any ones life! ( thats if your old enough to have a life ) (and I dont mean taking drugs is having a life )

Old 07-12-2005, 09:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by prm79
Must we all worship Mette-Marit and her glorious past? Please sm1939, give me a break...
There is actually quite a difference between worshipping someone and just being fair. It is unfair to blame MEtte-Marit for trying to push her son into royal circles. She has got countless advisors who would definitely have told her if she'd try to do something bad-mannered such as bringing her child uninvited. So I think it's safe to assume that he's been invited. Which is not Mette-Marit's fault.

(BTW Mette-Marit's become royal by marriage, so should she put her son up for adoption to keep him from contaminating "royal circles"?!?)

I admire Haakoon for his courage in wanting to marry Mette-Marit and her for her courage in accepting his proposal. IMO this is a point in favour for both of them.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:43 AM
Serene Highness

to smilla

you are so right