The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-23-2005, 10:29 AM
Royal Highness

This weeks Hola has a picture of the family at the evening party on the cover.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ho3178ampli.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	162628  

Old 06-23-2005, 03:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think that I've ever seem MM look better!! Just beautiful.

Old 06-23-2005, 09:46 PM

Hi,
I have been a guest for some time and finally decided to join. This is is my first posting so I hope I am doing it right.

My question is where are Pia and Alexandra. Usually at least one of them shows up for big family events such as this. If they were there, they missed all of the photo opps. I wonder if Marie-Chantal, who seems to have a happy marriage and a successful business is starting to break out into her own.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:01 PM
Serene Highness

Valencia--the QUESTION OF THE YEAR!
Old 06-24-2005, 04:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbette
I think it's funny naming Arki Busson as a god parent when he can't be bothered himself to marry his children's mother!
Being a parent is different, separate and distinct from being a husband. Who says that Arki Busson isn't a good father to his and Elle MacPhereson's sons just because he and Elle are not married? Marriage is not for everyone; it is unfair to impose the institution of marriage on everybody as a norm or an expectation or requirement.

And let's face it: What kind of a role or how much of a role do you expect any of the godparents to play in the life of Odysseas or the godparents of Pavlos and Marie-Chantal's other children? When was the last time you saw a picture or read about Sweden's Victoria playing with Konstantin, to whom she is a godmother?
Old 06-24-2005, 09:15 PM
Commoner

It forgives my bad English
I have a doubt, is on one of the godfathers of the Odysseas, Arki Busson... says here that it is the boyfriend of the Elle MacPherson, but the name of the Elle's boyfriend, that I see in the sites, is Arpad Busson, and not Arki... will not be that you had confused... or I'm made a mistake?
Old 06-24-2005, 10:42 PM
Courtier

http://www.forbes.com/business/globa...72sidebar.html

I think the above link gives your answer. It's the same person. Arki is a nickname. Also, it says that he is into hedge fund managment. Isn't that the same thing that Prince Pavlos is in? I'm guessing either they work together or Arki helped Pavlos start his business.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:43 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitude

I think the above link gives your answer. It's the same person. Arki is a nickname. Also, it says that he is into hedge fund managment. Isn't that the same thing that Prince Pavlos is in? I'm guessing either they work together or Arki helped Pavlos start his business.
Marie-Chantal and Arpad also went to the same Swiss boarding school as kids, so they could've have already known one another from then.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:45 AM
Nobility

Btw. I like what Marie-Chantal wore to the christening, i thought that it was nice, casual and perfect for a summer's day.
Mette-Marit and her evening wear, definately a very positive change, she looked absolutely spectacular.
Marie-Chantal and her choice of the Valentino gown? Very nice in my opinion, but it looked as though she was showing a bit too much skin. But hey, that's just a personal preference.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:45 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:

I'm not sure but I belive that MC is very close with Elle Macpherson. She and Arki have two children together and were dating for many years until they announced their split just yesterday.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:10 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by agisele
Btw. I like what Marie-Chantal wore to the christening, i thought that it was nice, casual and perfect for a summer's day.
Mette-Marit and her evening wear, definately a very positive change, she looked absolutely spectacular.
Marie-Chantal and her choice of the Valentino gown? Very nice in my opinion, but it looked as though she was showing a bit too much skin. But hey, that's just a personal preference.
I agree that she looked nice for a summer's day but for a christening, especially her son's christening I think she should have chosen a more conservative dress.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:42 AM
Courtier

There are a few more photos of the baptism at the Greek Life & Style website. These are from inside the church. I love the lighting in the one of M-C, O-K, and the priest.

http://www.lifeandstyle.gr/
Old 07-01-2005, 11:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
There are a few more photos of the baptism at the Greek Life & Style website. These are from inside the church. I love the lighting in the one of M-C, O-K, and the priest.

It's indeed a beautiful picture....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	t55-cover-home1.jpg
Views:	503
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	164876  
Old 07-01-2005, 12:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

What great pics Samitude! I'm not sure how long they keep the photos up on their website, so I thought I'd attach them here. The cover of the mag of the whole family is probably my favorite!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	t54_cover.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	164886   Click image for larger version

Name:	t54_cover2.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	164887   Click image for larger version

Name:	t54_cover_intro.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	164888   Click image for larger version

Name:	t55-cover1.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	164889  

Name:	t55-cover2.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	164890   Click image for larger version

Name:	t55-cover3.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	164891   Click image for larger version

Name:	t55-cover-intro.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	164892   Click image for larger version

Name:	t55-eksofillo_.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	164893  

Old 07-02-2005, 09:58 AM
Nobility

Is there a clearer picture of Odysseas with his godparents? There's usually a group shot, isn't there?
Yeah, I do wonder where Pia and Alexandra were, maybe they were just there but weren't photographed? but even if that happened, if would've been very strange.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:38 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by marezdote
Thanks for the pictures eveyone. Weren't the other childrens christinings in London? Why was this on in Greece?
Actually, Maria-Olympia's christening took place in Istanbul, Turkey as opposed to London where her two younger brothers were christened.
Old 07-02-2005, 03:18 PM
Nobility

Really??
She was christened in Istanbul? I didn't know that.
Why was she christened there?
Julia

"Looking back on her short life I often wonder why we did not see that she was quite too good for this world, her fit companions were the Angels." ~Margaretta Eager about Princess Elisabeth of Hesse (1895-1903)
Old 07-03-2005, 12:49 AM
Nobility

no idea. they were probably looking for some place exotic to christen their daughter?
Old 07-03-2005, 01:38 AM
Aristocracy

The Orthodox Ecoumenical Patriarchate

is there,and His Eminence ,The Patriarch baptised Her,with His hands an blessings.......
Old 07-06-2005, 09:24 PM
Gentry

I'm surprised that this baptism was not such a lavish affair.