Christening Of Odysseas Kimon

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you for your responses. Either way, who could ever say she is not an Incan Princess...even I can say that. There would be no way to know the thruth. I thought that was pretty funny. She seems spoiled--what do I know...she may be a wonderful lady but to me, she seems to think she is better than everyone else. Thanks again.

Kind of like when Gloria Morgan (Vanderbilt's) mother Laura insisted they were descended from King Ferdinand III of Spain to impress Alice Gynne Vanderbilt to make her thing the Morgans were just as good as the Vanderbilts.

I give these women credit, they all made spectacular catches for husbands...just like the Cushing sisters and the Mitfords did.

yes Mosley was a real catch:p

Lady Marmalade said:
Kind of like when Gloria Morgan (Vanderbilt's) mother Laura insisted they were descended from King Ferdinand III of Spain to impress Alice Gynne Vanderbilt to make her thing the Morgans were just as good as the Vanderbilts.

I give these women credit, they all made spectacular catches for husbands...just like the Cushing sisters and the Mitfords did.

ha ha.... :)

you got me on that one....but one did marry the Duke of Devonshire....

Yes she definitely has indian blood, it´s obvious. But she is NOT an incan princess. (They don´t exist any more). She seems very aware of whom she is and to whom her girls are (were) married.I have a feeling you should keep quiet in her company.I wonder if MC has got a lot from her. If ,as has been said,she has "Cronprincess Marie-Chantal of Greece" on her credit card it´s a bit annoying. Their reign in Greece is over...

1 picture from greek life&style magazine

ngsv94.jpg

Several pictures from the Greek Royal Family's Official Website :

Christening of Odysseas-Kimon,at the Church of the Convent of St John the Baptist in Karea, Athens, Greece on 18th June at 11.am.

1 - The family and grandparents gather outside the church of St John the Baptist
2 - Newly baptized Odusseas-Kimon with his parents, return to the Grande Bretagne hotel
3 - Crown Prince Pavlos and his family at the Yacht Club of Greece
4 - Constantinos-Alexios and Achilleas-Andreas amuse themselves on the boat which led their grandfather to victory at the 1960 Olympic Games
5 - King Constantine inspected the Dragon boat, which is kept at the Yacht Club of Greece
6 - King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie with their daughter Princess Alexia and her husband Carlos Morales Quintana
7 - HRH Prince Nikolaos and HRH Prince Philippos
8 - HRH Princess Theodora at the evening reception

th_44461_odysseus4.jpg

http://img22.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc51&image=44652_miller.jpg
(photos by Kalliope & Lakis Giakoumis)

more from GRF's Official Website

1 - HM Queen Sofia of Spain
2 - Queen Sofia and Princess Irene arrive at the Yacht Club of Greece for the reception
3 - HRH Crown Prince Haakon of Norway with his wife, Princess Mette-Marit and her son Marius
4 - Mr and Mrs Miller

(photos by Lakis Giakoumis)

Mrs. Miller is actually Maria-Clara (or Claire). She changed it to Chantal later to sound more cosmopolitan. From what I know, she comes from a very humble background/family in Ecuador. She immigrated to the US to stay with a relative who had moved to NYC and that's where she met her husband. I believe she was working as a waitress or a hairdresser at that time. As I've posted before, I would like to know more about her and her background. I think she is probably just as interesting, if not more, as her daughters' more famous in-laws. Unfortunately, it appears Mrs. Miller's "roots" are rarely if ever discussed, at least publically. And I've read she does not remain in touch with anyone (family) from her native country and that her daughters know very little about their mother's family. Whether this is true or not who knows. I would think that it must be very intimidating for her - esp. if she's embarassed or insecure about her family lines and background - to be surrounded by the royals and aristocrats she must mingle with at family events, such as christenings. Though I'm sure she could tell some wonderful stories about her own life.

Thank you so much Emmeleia ! I can't believe there were pictures of this event that I didn't have ! (we've seen so many of them : it was a real treat...not like little Aristidis' baptism unfortunately).
Thank you again : :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom