Christening Of Constantine Alexios, born 29 October 1998

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden
Presentation Of Constantine Alexios born New York 29 October 1998

Last edited by a moderator:
Godparents:

Konstantine-Alexios: Prince Felipe of Spain, Prince Frederik of Denmark, Prince William of Wales, Princess Victoria of Sweden, Prince Nikolaos of Greece, Alexandra von Furstenberg, Doris Robbs, Prince Dimitri of Yugoslavia

very high profile Christening is one compare to the dansih little princes

did thy do this kind of Presentation with there other kids aswell

It's rather confusing. Maria-Olympia was presented to the press at the photo call for Queen Anne-Marie's 50th birthday. That was basically pictures of everybody and with only a couple of photos of just Pavlos, M-C and Olympia. Point de Vue had an article with a photo shoot that had lots of photos of Pavlos, M-C and Olympia. So I guess those are what are considered official presentations.

Konstantine-Alexios had this official photo shoot, but as far as I know that was the only one if you don't count the ski vacation photos from Hola! and Hello! magazines. He probably had this official photo session because he's the heir.

Achileas-Andreas had a small photo session when he was on his way home from the hospital as well as a Point de Vue article with the pictures from the farm. Also, that month Hola! did an article that looked like it would be official photos, but the article was mainly about Marie-Chantal.

Maybe that´s common in christian-orthodox circles...but I´m rather assuming, that the "crown princess complex" of the mother (and father?) was the reason for the many godparents :p

God-father or grand parents,according to the Greek- orthodox doctrine should be someone (of the same doctrine)who is a friend of the family,respected by both children's parents ,who loves the child as much as he loves them!!The ancient Greek custom "wants"many God -parents,because Greece, has been through many wars that means many God-fathers and God-mothers were passed away either in the field of the battle,either in bombarment,so the child was without religious guidence(god parent's work)So, once was a custom,now is a tradition!!!After all, if you love your friends, and they also like and love your child and all of them want to baptise him/her you can't say NO!!! :lol:In Monte Negro where I am from in my home town,the half of the town is God father(KUM)to the other half!!Except of my two brothers and me who was borned in Italy!!Three people came from Potgoritsa plus
another 4 catholics became my God- parents in an Orthdox Church.So through these three Montenegrins Iam spiritual brother to the half Potgoritsa!!HURRAH!!!

When I saw the photo in one of my foreign periodicals of the christening of Constantine Alexios, I wondered "why" Prince William was a godparent at such a young age ? It took a few moments for it to "sink in" ~ because I then noticed that the "tier" of Prince William's contemporaries was among heir presumptives from Sweden (CP Princess Victoria), Frederick (CP of Denmark), Felipe (CP of Spain), plus a Yugoslavian prince. They are the future royals .. (and, of course, sisters, brothers, and friends of the CPs of Greece made up the rest of the godparents.) To me, it delivered a "subtle and coy" message to the present government of Greece because of it's indications. I, for one, thought it to be a "stroke of genius"!

I also heard that Pavlos' and Marie Chantal's wedding was also offensive to the present Greek government. The Greek royal family has suffered enough in their many years of exile. What a pity that a private wedding and chistening would offend such a government. :grrr:

Elizajane

The younger the God-parent is the longer may give advices to his/hers God-child! :lol: Even better if they are royal-even wiser i'd say!!!

On what way a marriage can be offensive to a goverment?????

There were several problems with the wedding. The invitations were issued from HM The King of the Hellenes, rather than from HM The Former-King of the Hellenes - which is his official title as far as the Greek government is concerned. They used the coat of arms, and Greek politicians attended the wedding.

Originally posted by moody@Dec 19th, 2003 - 5:33 am
The younger the God-parent is the longer may give advices to his/hers God-child! :lol: Even better if they are royal-even wiser i'd say!!!

One what way a marriage can be offensive to a goverment?????
Moody. I'm just the "messenger" ~ not the "message". It was clear in my mind when reading an article that the present government of Greece was somewhat disturbed by the actions of the EX-King of Greece and his family. The wedding of CP Pavlos and Marie-Chantal Miller was a "high profile marriage" which could have sparked sympathy at the grass root level against the present Greek regime. Remember when the Greek government wouldn't even "recognize" Constantine's passport or even his individual human right just to visit the plot of land where he was born? He was definitely denied even stepping on Greek soil ~ and in one of my foreign periodicals, there were tears streaming down in face ... BUT, there they go ~ the "EX - monarchy having a HUGE WEDDING with nearly every representative of a foreign country in Europe attending and more ~ I'd call that "a counter attack".

It was made clear in the article that "this wedding" was being carried out as though EX-King Constantine still had some sort of residual power IN THE MINDS AND HEARTS of many Greek citizens. As someone who overhead a lovely sarcastic comment saying (paraphrasing, of course), "Constantine doesn't have to worry or fret anymore over not being able to enter or just visit his birth country of Greece, Bob Miller can buy Greece and give it to him!" :lol:

The christening of "Constantine Alexios", the 2nd EX - heir presumptive, after his father, CP Pavlos who is the EX - heir presumptive, was a "rallying call" to many Europeans. Having heir - presumptives as godparents for the next EX - King after CP Pavlos, sent a message. Such events as this possibly threaten the Greek Gov. ~ as the EX - King and his family keep "living their lives" as though they were still regarded or attempted to regard as though they had some "power" in Greece. Personally, my heart goes out to Constatine and his family. :heart: I believe he would have been a wonderful king ~ much like King Juan Carlos of Spain.

Now "the above mentioned subject " is my understanding. I'm definitely and always will be glad to receive constructive criticism. If anyone else has a different slant of understanding about the situation, please post it. I'm always receptible to "new knowledge".

Here's hoping everyone is blessed joy and hope during this Holiday Season! :heart:

Elizajane

Elisajane,the doctrine is " Once a King always a king"If the Greek 'goverments'-all of them- were wiser there wouldn't be antagonistic with the King!!What is their result???They threw the Greek people UNPROTECTED into a regime of Ploutocracy,wich the goverment can't control,for the simple reason that it is part of this Ploutocracy!!!What have ali the coverments of the so called'Constitutinal Democracy succeded??To dept the Greek State with enormous loans,economical secret scadals,The Stock Market Fortjury, corruption of civil eployees,and unemployment!!!That is whwt thwy did!!!So what can they say against King Constantine???Nothing at all!!!

Thanks, Moody, for your reply. Once again, I learn something "new" ~ plutocracy and all the ailments of such a situation which you state happened in Greece. I even "winced with pain" ~ reading about what the Greek people had to withstand. You may want to re-read my post because it's "pro - King Constantine". I spelled out the "facts" and then I commented on them. I clearly stated that I thought Ex-King Constantine would be an excellent king, much like King Juan Carlos of Spain. I agree with your statement "Once a king ~ always a king". You said that if the present Greek government were wiser, they wouldn't be "antagnostic" toward Constantine. That is exactly the way I feel. I'm a "royalist" through and through.

Again, regarding the "royal wedding", I believe it was "Kelly" who stated that some of the Greek "politicians" attended. I was certainly glad to learn about this.

Elizajane

the photos weren't showing up.. so here they are again

Christening Of Constantine Alexios born New York 29 October 1998

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 5,516
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 919
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 9,846
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 2,071
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 592
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 14,197
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 12,021
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 4,991
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 10,108
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 1,951
more photos

Attachments

• 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 559
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 703
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 583
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 1,786
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 494
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 545
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 424
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 395
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 408
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 464
a few more

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 614
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 25,301
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 1,938
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 1,813
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 572
  • 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 857
  • 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 491
  • 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,772
In this issue Hola published exclusive pictures of Constantino Alexios Christening.

• King Constantino arriving with Olympia
    14ws1.th.jpg
  • Prince Pavlos speaking with daughter, Olympia
    27ts.th.jpg
  • A member of the Greek-Orthodox Church welcomes the participants of the cerimony with an orthodox ritual in his hands
    39vd.th.jpg
  • One godmother of Constantino, Doris Robbs
    42kq.th.jpg
  • Constantino with mum, Marie-Chantal Miller
    53wl.th.jpg
  • Princess Irene of Greece, Infanta Cristina (expecting her first child) and Queen Sofia of Spain
  • Prince Felipe of Spain
  • The Dukes of Lugo, Infanta Elena and Jaime de Marichalar with son, Felipe Juan Froilán
  • Rosario Nadal, Princess of Preslav
    92gy.th.jpg

• Princess Victoria of Sweden
  • Princess Alexia with fiancé, Carlos Morales
  • Prince William with his godfather King Constantino
  • Prince William saluting
  • Princess Caroline and Prince Ernst

The parents posing with Olympia and Constantino before the cerimony

• Prince Felipe of Spain and Prince Dimitri of Yugoslavia
  • Prince William and Prince Dimitri of Yugoslavia

The Archbishop Orthdox of Thyateira and Great Britain with Constantino in a moment of the Baptism. The godparents watch the rituals.

Outside the Temple​

From left to right. First row: Prince Dimitri of Yugoslavia, Prince Frederik of Denmark, Queen Anne-Marie, King Constantino, Prince Nicholaos, Prince Felipe of Spain and Doris Robbs. Second row: Chantal and Robert Miller, Princess Victoria of Sweden, Prince Pavlos and Marie-Chantal and Prince William

King Constantino holding his grandson

Prince William playing with his sleepy godson

Last edited:
After the Christening a dinner was held at an Hotel in London.

Arriving of Guests

The Prince and Princess of Hanover; Queen Anne Marie

Crown Prince Alexander of Yugoslavia and Crown Princess Katherine

Rosario Nadal, Princess of Preslav

Can anyone update photos of the presentation of Konstantine Alexios? None of the beginning pictures open.

It was Tino's b'day a few days ago......Happy B'day to him......

As far as I can remember Constantine Alexios wasn´t seen after his birth. The first photos were published in January 1999 at a fashion event in Paris. MC couldn´t even take part on the occasion of Alexia´s engagement with Carlos Morales in London because Constantine Alexios had some kind of illness (break out into rash?)
If they published photos of him in "Point de Vue" shortly after his birth I´ve never seen them.

Have Marie-Chantal and Prince Pavlos "presented" Odysseas-Kimon? I don't recall seeing any official photos.

There were some nice photos taken where they all sit on a bridge in London to present OK. And the very first photo was the one where some nanny from the hospital brings him to the waiting car in a maxi cosi.

Marie Chantal looks very elegant and classic:flowers:

After the Christening a dinner was held at an Hotel in London.

Is there a photo of MC during the dinner after the christening?

What she was wearing???

Back
Top Bottom