Christening of Aristidis Stavros, born June 29, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On the article of Hello magazine it says one of the godparents is Stavros Niarchos' son, isn't this the guy who dated Paris Hilton?
Great pics, btw!, im glad to see king Constatine so healthy, I love when these two families get together, my two favorites! :)

On the article of Hello magazine it says one of the godparents is Stavros Niarchos' son, isn't this the guy who dated Paris Hilton?
Great pics, btw!, im glad to see king Constatine so healthy, I love when these two families get together, my two favorites! :)

It is indeed.
I agree King Constantine does look wonderful. :flowers:

Ok! Lia ,But it is uncommon not see to Niko and Tatiana unit .

Yes i did concider it strange as well.

I really liked Infanta Elenas' outfit and the second best was MCs' dress in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
MARI *: Niarchos the godparent of Aristidis is not the ex boyfriend of Paris::cool:

This is Niarchos is the godparent of baptism Aristidis. He is a friend of Pavlo, they studied together. Prince Paul knew to Marie Chantal in a birthday party of Niarchos in San Francico, USA .Niarchos was a common friend of Pavlo and Marie Chantal.

Imageshack - stauuaniarchos

and this is a picture of Niarchos , the ex boyfriend of Paris,(they are family):whistling:

Paris Hilton & Stavros Niarchos Split - Breakups, Paris Hilton : People.com

other godparents, i read:

Princess Cristina of Spain(she was of Odiseas), Prince Kirill of Bulgaria(he were godparent of Prince filipos in 1986),...

The dress of Marie Chantal is nice but I dislike her shoes

He is a cute baby (or is he a toddler now:)) They don't have very many pictures though.
Why wasn't Tatiana there? Isn't she Nikolaos fiance?

Thank you Beltraneja, for the lovely pictures, especially that of Princess Alexia and her family. I loooooove them!

Prince Aristideis

More news of the Christening. Such a stunning family. I hope after five that they are done though...that is so many kiddos!

Royal News Examiner

BELTRANEJA said:
MARI *: Niarchos the godparent of Aristidis is not the ex boyfriend of Paris::cool:

This is Niarchos is the godparent of baptism Aristidis. He is a friend of Pavlo, they studied together. Prince Paul knew to Marie Chantal in a birthday party of Niarchos in San Francico, USA .Niarchos was a common friend of Pavlo and Marie Chantal.

Imageshack - stauuaniarchos

and this is a picture of Niarchos , the ex boyfriend of Paris,(they are family):whistling:

Paris Hilton & Stavros Niarchos Split - Breakups, Paris Hilton : People.com

other godparents, i read:

Princess Cristina of Spain(she was of Odiseas), Prince Kirill of Bulgaria(he were godparent of Prince filipos in 1986),...

Oh, thanks for explaining! :)

I have found this video for now.it is of a Agency of Greece, they is in the church, the journalist has interviewed to Paul , we can see the child, but I can not say that he say because my computer haven´t downloaded me the sound ....

BAUTIZO GRIEGO

Muchísimas gracias for posting this, Beltraneja. You have probably gotten the sound & translation to this video by now, but here it goes, just in case:

The interviewer says that the family is having a big day, and Pavlos responds that this is the family's fifth beautiful day, and let's hope that everything goes well. After a brief exchange about the baby being happy, the interviewer notices that it's the second time that they baptize a child in Greece, and she asks if it's more meaningful to do it there. Pavlos responds that of course it's more meaningful -- it's the place where they go for the summer, which is beautiful. She wonders whether they're on vacation, and he says yes, that they'll be there for the entire month of August. Then she asks if the baby's name is "Stavros Aristidis," and Pavlos corrects her, clarifying that it is "Aristidis Stavros." "How did you choose them?," she asks. "Because we like those names," Pavlos answers. He thanks her, and the interview is over.

Nothing earth-shattering, but it seems to me that Pavlos was a bit ill at ease, as well as Marie-Chantal in the background. They seemed somewhat anxious.... Perhaps the press coverage in Greece is not too kind? There don't seem to be too many monarchists left there.

If they were ill at ease I'm guessing it was just because they were on a particular schedule and had to be at a certain place at a certain time. They didn't seem ill at ease to me.

BELTRANEJA,I don't think Infanta Cristina has been one of their children's godparents. Elena was a godparent for Achilleas-Andreas and Felipe for Konstantine Alexios. According to Wikipedia (if it is correct) Odysseas-Kimon's godparents are Prince Philippos of Greece, Princess Olga of Greece Princess Alexandra of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway, Nassos Thanopoulos, Arki Busson, and Chris Thomsen.

to be a bit more precise Pavlos says He is happy now but we do not know how he will be this evening and he is asked if baptism, this (religious) mysterie is more meaningful when done in Greece :flowers:

Perhaps Marie-Chantal was worried she would have to speak Greek:D. (perhaps she is fluent, do not know)

Muchísimas gracias for posting this, Beltraneja. You have probably gotten the sound & translation to this video by now, but here it goes, just in case:

The interviewer says that the family is having a big day, and Pavlos responds that this is the family's fifth beautiful day, and let's hope that everything goes well. After a brief exchange about the baby being happy, the interviewer notices that it's the second time that they baptize a child in Greece, and she asks if it's more meaningful to do it there. Pavlos responds that of course it's more meaningful -- it's the place where they go for the summer, which is beautiful. She wonders whether they're on vacation, and he says yes, that they'll be there for the entire month of August. Then she asks if the baby's name is "Stavros Aristidis," and Pavlos corrects her, clarifying that it is "Aristidis Stavros." "How did you choose them?," she asks. "Because we like those names," Pavlos answers. He thanks her, and the interview is over.

Nothing earth-shattering, but it seems to me that Pavlos was a bit ill at ease, as well as Marie-Chantal in the background. They seemed somewhat anxious.... Perhaps the press coverage in Greece is not too kind? There don't seem to be too many monarchists left there.

More news of the Christening. Such a stunning family. I hope after five that they are done though...that is so many kiddos!

Royal News Examiner

i read an interview of marie chantal recently (not sure about the publication but was a magazine which came with an expat-type newspaper) and she said 5 was about as many as they planned to have.

Hopefully they didn´t sell the photos to the Greek issue of "Life&Style" because this one is not available in my German bookstore....
To tell the truth I think Alexia´s children are much more pretty than Pavlos´.
I´m looking forward to the photos posted in facebook of our fellow greek members.

Altough their 5 children have greek surnames , Pavlos and "bling-bling" Marie-Chantal will never be popular in Greece .
Are they spending their whole month holiday in a B&B ?
Queen Sophie is always everywhere but was it a god idea to go to Greece ?? Because of her, born Princess of Greece, an important security-service was necessary.. The King, the Infant as the danish and SWB sibblings where not there.

Why would they spend their whole vacation in a B&B? They certainly have the money to rent a proper house.
I think Queeen Sofia wanted to be there not only because of her brother Constantine - who is recovering from an operation- but also to work for the chances of Madrid in the next Olympics.
The King was in Spain doing his regattas, so was Prince Felipe.
It´s not surprising that the Danes weren´t there. It was a small gathering of people.

:previous: well then someone had to show up don't you think. It would not have been kind towards her son, grandchild etc.
Re the security, it could not have been a problem imo in any possible way.

I knew quite well they are not in a B&B or an All-in ; they rent of course a great house and more..

I hope that the magazines as a whole, the next week it will have more photos ...
Finally, Tatiana was not in christening ??????..
Will Niko announce his wedding in october or...????

Does anyone know which magazine has the rights to the christening? Is it Life & Style?

Beltraneja, Pavlos and MC met at a dinner party in New Orleans, not San Francisco. Just a minor correction:flowers:. I have also read that they wanted 5 kids, not more. Aristides will most likely be the baby in this beautiful family.

to be a bit more precise Pavlos says He is happy now but we do not know how he will be this evening and he is asked if baptism, this (religious) mysterie is more meaningful when done in Greece :flowers:

Thanks, Susan Alicia. I missed several words that were spoken quickly... My Greek is not so good, but it's a fantastic language & I love it! :flowers:

My pleasure, I think you are very brave to attempt to learn it, it is very difficult. (I learned as a child in the summer, then it is very easy)

My pleasure, I think you are very brave to attempt to learn it, it is very difficult. (I learned as a child in the summer, then it is very easy)

Thanks, but I can't take much credit now. I learned it when I was in my early 20's and had a Greek boyfriend at University (ah! l'amour...). I studied it for a while & spent some time in Greece, but obviously I've gotten rusty in the intervening years! You're right, it's not quite the same as learning it as a child.

Hello again, i just got back to Athens and i will as soon as possible post many photos that i took from the Royals. I'm not so good at the...internet,so i don't know any other way to share my pictures with you, than post them on tha facebook group called "The Greek royal family".
Godparents were infanta Christina of Spain and prince Kyril of Bulgaria, the only royals. Also, Stavros Niarxos and a member of Libanos shipowner family, but i still don't have more information, cause information was a blank at the event:)

And also, the Life & Style magazine had the exlusive rights of the photographs inside the chapel, with the photographer Caliope, a famous greek one, who is friend with Pavlos and Marie Chandal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the photos lula!!

roimat the big guestion is.....Did you see Tattianna among the guests?Arriving earlier perhaps?

Do we have any pics from the dinner after the christening?

No,no,no, Tatiana was nowhere. I didn't even saw her the day after the christening,in the litle royal boat, where both Greek and Spanish royal families took off for a litle cruse. But i don't think that this means something "bad". Pics from the dinner will be also exclusive from Lie&Style magazine, september edition...!

Back
Top Bottom