Christening of Aristidis Stavros, born June 29, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm trying so hard to understand what is going on here.We called the Danish little Prince's christening "informal" the other day...now what is that?Marie Chantal looked like she didn't even comb her hair.I'm sorry,but she looked so washed out and that dress looked like a caftan to me and not a proper dress.I just didn't expect to see that.And then what?Just a dinner with those few guests and that's it?They had so much time at their disposal-over a year,if I'm not mistaken-to plan this christening.Really disappointing,imo.

Thanks a lot for the wonderful additions, lula!

The poor little baptizand crying, the great group
pictures with the cute kids and the two beautiful
looking grandmothers Anne-Marie and Sofia, that
was so nice to see! :)

MelinaB., I think it's been a small, private ceremony
the whole family and their guests obviously enjoyed
a lot, they've had a setting they've chosen and liked,
so I think all is fine.

I'm sure they had a wonderful time.I'm just saying that I expected more from,you know,a Miller sister...lol
Anyway,all kids are gorgeous.They should have 5 more kids,imo,with these genes!

I understand what you mean, MelinaB. :)

As the boat trip was part of the christening celebrations,
here are a few pics of King Constantine and Prince Nikolaos
on the boat:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

As for Tatjana,she wasn't there,not even in the litle boat trip with tha Spanish and Greek royals.
MelinaB, in a journalist's question to prince Pavlos, if they are planing to go for a 6th children, he looked at Marie Chandal, translated her the question-i can't beleuce she still doesn't know a word of greek-and she anwser "nooo"!

And,by the way Melina, he is a Greek prince :)

Last edited by a moderator:
No,no,no, Tatiana was nowhere. I didn't even saw her the day after the christening,in the litle royal boat, where both Greek and Spanish royal families took off for a litle cruse. But i don't think that this means something "bad". Pics from the dinner will be also exclusive from Lie&Style magazine, september edition...!

Thanks for the answer roimat. I will look forward to get the magazine, i hope they give the rights to a foreign mag as well so non-greeks can see the pics.

As for Tattiana i agree, not attending doesn't mean something bad for sure. She could have other obligations or family issues perhaps. I guess we will know either if they marry or break up because i remember that when the prince broke up with Sophie Egmondon (i am not sure about the last name) the office had an announcement back then!!

I obviously confused you,Roimat.I'm really sorry,I was referring to Prince Joachim's little baby boy.Actually I tried to compare the two christenings.I know Prince Paul's children are Greek.

the office didn't even announced the christening, are you waiting to bother announcing a broke up???lol!
King Constantine said to a TV reporter: "Wait, i have 3 more children to marry, so you'll see us again is such occations:)
As for a foreign magazine, probably this will be the Hello! and Hola! editions, cause the pubishes that own Life&Styly, own the greek edition of Hello!

Ok Melina, indeed you confused me:), no problem!

the office didn't even announced the christening, are you waiting to bother announcing a broke up???lol!
King Constantine said to a TV reporter: "Wait, i have 3 more children to marry, so you'll see us again is such occations:)
As for a foreign magazine, probably this will be the Hello! and Hola! editions, cause the pubishes that own Life&Styly, own the greek edition of Hello!

I do remember reading such an announcement back then if only i could find it. Does any of the older posters remember that?

I think that the web page is not so active as previous years, could it be the work load?

According to my infoemation, the organazation of the all event was on behalf prince Pavlos people,and not from the office of King Constantine, as usual. That's why thinks were different from the other times...

Roimat, What was the Greek's impression about this christening.
Are they speaking about this event in your newspapers.
Are Pavlos and Marie Chantal popular ??
Were the Greeks happy to see Constantin and Anne-Marie again ?
Is that true that Queen Sophie came to promote Madrid for the Olympics ??

According to my infoemation, the organazation of the all event was on behalf prince Pavlos people,and not from the office of King Constantine, as usual. That's why thinks were different from the other times...

Thank you for the clarification!!

Did you say that the King answered some questions outside the church?Or only the ones outside his boat?.....Because i missed the church ones if he did.

@Lia,there is no announcement for the christening,i 'm 100000% sure,only for the birth of Aristidis.
@Maria Olivia, you are opening a great theme...i could talk for hours about that. Greek newspapers don't pay so much attention to the Greek Royal Family, cause they are trying to put a blank to tha past, but the past is our History, isn't it?We can't just throw it away... Two TV chanell were there live for some time, but mostly in a "gossip" way of reportaz than a true royal christening.
Greeks are always happy to see their Kings, even if many of them aren't royalists. SInce 2003, when the Royal Couple return and started visitin Greece nearly every month, they didn't face any problem with anti-monarchists.
As for QueenSofia, i don't think she did that. Her visit was private, she visitit the Royal Cemetery and Palace and Ancent Olympia.

@Lia, i ment outside the Church, when he was leaving. they asked him also why the chose this church,and said that they spent tha Easter ceremony there and liked it, so he had the idea and price Pavlos agreed.
The Monastery inside also had portraits of all the Greek Kings, something very usual in Greek Monasteries:)

@Lia,there is no announcement for the christening,i 'm 100000% sure,only for the birth of Aristidis.

Yes i know there was no announcement i am talking of an older announcement made back in 2003 (maybe) when Prince Nikolaos broke up with his long-term girlfriend sophie egmondon (not sure about last name)

I don't remeber that, and i think that Tatjana afair is older than 2003...but i may be wrong.

I don't remeber that, and i think that Tatjana afair is older than 2003...but i may be wrong.

I really can't remember a date so i say 2003 with a question-mark.

Now it is still me, coming up with a little disappointment.... It concerns the grandfather of the little christened boy, Mister Miller. I felt something like sympathy with him, when I perceived him, walking in the background behind his "children", who have been photographed in a group, and it seemed to me that somebody of them should have called and said: "Hey, grandfather, come on, join us on the photo". I cannot help having a little bit pity with Mr. Miller. Has he not done so very much in his life for his children?:)

Thanks for the photos, Lula! It looks like Olympia was in charge of the filming:
http://i28.tinypic.com/207npqd.jpg
She held the camera in all of the photos taken outside the church. Marie-Chantal seems to have a very close relationship with her daughter.

Tilla-I have read that Mr. and Mrs. Miller are extremely private people. They may have refused to get into the photos, since they were going to be made public. I don't know for sure; this is just my guess.

Godparents?

:previous:
Does anyone know the godparents?
Wonderful pictures. :flowers:

I thought I saw India Hicks nearby - in a photo or video - I can't remember which. It might make sense for her to be a godparent as Marie-Chantal is the godparent of her youngest. Just a guess though.

I have to say that the Greek royal family is one of the best looking families I have ever seen. The children are just beautiful. Between them and the Spanish children, I am on cute overload right now. Thanks everyone for posting the pictures.

I agree with you REBAFAN 81. The Greek and Spanish kids are for me the best looking of the whole royal lot!!!!

Nikolaos is still very handsome but he has gained weight.

Three days after the christenig, and the official website of the Greek royal family has nothing about it!

Three days after the christenig, and the official website of the Greek royal family has nothing about it!

Does the office close for the summer?That could be the reason we have no updates??

You may be right, dear sgl, I am perhaps too often too quickly jumping to conclusions. So long.

Lia, not at all. The "officers" are there with the Royal couple. I don't understand why they don't update the webpage....anyway...

THANK, THANK LULA!!!!!!!
All photos are beautiful ... Thanks for the photos of Niko, he is very handsome.

Very Beautiful anyone know the Bishops:? name??

The Bishop was the local Metropolitis of Spetses & Ydras area, Efrem. He was also again at the 2003 christening of Alexia's daughet, Anna Maria. There was also father Partickios, wh was boshop at the Royal Palace chapel and who always attents in such ceremonies of the Royal Family

I think the Danes had at the same time the birthday anniversary of Prince Consort, that's why they didn't come...

Prince Consort Henriks birthday festivites were 10-11th June.
Henrik and Frederik were competing in the Dragon Gold Cup August 1-7. :flowers:
But I see no reason why any other member could not have attended. :ermm:

Back
Top Bottom