The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-25-2004, 07:50 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission
I find it odd that Pavlos wasn't holding the baby...I'm sure most people don't think carrying Vogue to be a greater priority than carrying one's newborn son. Perhaps he isn't comfortable handling a newborn?
I would hope that by the fourth child he would be used to carrying a baby! I can understand why M-C wasn't carrying the baby, especially if she had a c-section. As for Pavlos, maybe it was a very special issue of Vogue that couldn't be trusted to just anyone?

Old 09-25-2004, 08:34 PM

I am inclined to think that Marie Chantal rode out in a wheelchair holding the baby and passed the infant to the nurse/attendant who most likely pushed the wheelchair so she could get into the car. Pavlos, like most fathers, was given the duty of carting out some of Marie Chantal's items (mags, flowers, small bag etc.. that sort of thing) from her stay. Rex also has that flower holding pic and several others. One in which the nurse is standing very close to MC and seemingly ready to pass the baby to her after she gets in the car.

Old 09-26-2004, 12:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishchic5
As for Pavlos, maybe it was a very special issue of Vogue that couldn't be trusted to just anyone?
:p

It was probably the September issue -- very important for all the fall fashions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitude
In the U.S. a nurse is required to go out to the vehicle with the mother in case something happens. I don't know if it's the same in England or not. Pavlos could have carried the baby out of the hospital and just handed him to the nurse to hold while he put the rest of the stuff in the vehicle. In this picture you can see him carrying a flower arrangement and what looks like a book so we know there was more stuff then just Vogue magazine. :)
I don't think nurses are required to carry babies out directly to the car in England, or at least not London. Helen Taylor, Sarah Chatto, Princess Diana, Sophie Wessex all carried out their babies (or their husbands did in Edward and Charles's case) on their own.

If Marie-Chantal had a C-section and was still experiencing some discomfort (highly plausible) then what is Pavlos's case for not carrying his son out from the hospital to the car? Carrying a basket of flowers and a Vogue is more important than his own son?

Firstly, he knew that there would likely be photographers trying to get the first photos of the baby -- all the more reason to carry the baby out himself: good PR for him, Marie-Chantal and the rest of the family.

Secondly, there is no excuse for Pavlos not to carry his newborn baby out. Even if he carried the baby out of the hospital, why wouldn't he have put the baby directly into his car seat or his mother's arms rather than turn the baby over to the nurse to put the flowers and magazine in the car then disturb the baby again to put him in the car seat/with Marie-Chantal?
Old 09-26-2004, 01:12 AM
Gentry

They were both obviously exhausted. It's easy to see why a nurse assisted in carrying the baby to the car
Old 09-26-2004, 07:53 AM
Nobility

That's a really good point! I totally agree, his newborn son should be more important to him!
Old 09-26-2004, 05:24 PM
Gentry

Why is carrying or not carrying their baby such a big deal... it is not that they are neglecting him....

Q
Old 09-27-2004, 03:55 AM
Royal Highness

Of course they are not neglecting him. It is wether or not it is a normal procedure in Britain, where as it is different in the US. Also wondering how MC was doing as well. I had no idea she had a C Section.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:49 AM
Courtier

My personnal view is that she was not feeling that well from the csection, probably was in pain and Pavlos probably is one of those father that prefers not to carry their own babies when they are so small. It does not mean they are neglecting them, it just mean they feel fear to not handling them well. That is perfectly normal in most fathers.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:18 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel
My personnal view is that she was not feeling that well from the csection, probably was in pain and Pavlos probably is one of those father that prefers not to carry their own babies when they are so small. It does not mean they are neglecting them, it just mean they feel fear to not handling them well. That is perfectly normal in most fathers.
Yes, but this is his fourth child!! Well, maybe some people are just scared to hold such small babies, no matter how many children they have.
As fot Marie Chantal, I did not know she had had a csection. Now that I know, I think she mustn't have felt quite well, which is understandable.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:26 AM
Aristocracy

Ok

I am in a wee-bit of exile myself. My mother is away in Florida assisting hurricane victims. In so doing, I have been "exiled" to stay with my grandparents until her return. I look forward to returning to my "homeland" and it really does feel like exile to me. I am away from everything that I own. I have brought a few books with me to sustain me including one on Maximilian and Charlotte of Mexico and a Royal Dynasty book. Alas, time to read.

ODYSSEUS!? AAAAAH. I rather like that name. I was hoping for girl... Still, I am happy for Pavlos and Marie-Chantal and Anne-Marie and Constantine.

Happy Anniversery Your Majesties!

Odysseus, I love that name. Good choice Pavlos! I hope M-C let him name his son.... :) some people have said it will be hard on him to live with the name Odysseus...don't you think its going to be just as hard as being Prince of Greece? Even if they had named him Pavlos or George, it would not be easy for him because he is a Prince. Also, George would have been good to honor past kings of the Hellenes. George-Odysseus...or Odysseus-Georgios? Perhaps...:) CONGRATS.

ITS A PRINCE! I am going to send them a card!
Old 09-27-2004, 01:42 PM
Commoner

I agreed!!!

:) I agreed a couple can do werever they want or they feel comfortable with, Pavlos was there so He cares obiosly. Miaamor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens
Why is carrying or not carrying their baby such a big deal... it is not that they are neglecting him....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens

Q
Old 09-27-2004, 02:12 PM
Aristocracy

Unhappy

I don't believe MC and Pavlos have every changed a poopy baby, or held a drooly baby without a camera being on them for a staged "I luuuuvvvvvveee my babies sssssooooo muucccch shot . The new baby will be used as a prop in photo shoots for magazines just like his older sibs, ASAP . If if they had "fertility problems" they would have sold their story to the press so every issue can carry an "Exclusive interview" year in year out with MC giving all the details on her agony.
Wittykitty
Old 09-27-2004, 03:30 PM
Gentry

And of course you'd be an expert on the family? LOL
Old 09-27-2004, 08:01 PM
Commoner

Does anyone know the name of the child yet?
Old 09-27-2004, 11:07 PM
Courtier

The only thing we have heard so far is that somebody said they saw King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie on TV. The King and Queen said that the baby's name is Odysseas. We haven't heard anything official from the prince and princess or the King's office. For all we know the King could have been joking when he said that.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:49 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Williams
I am in a wee-bit of exile myself. My mother is away in Florida assisting hurricane victims. In so doing, I have been "exiled" to stay with my grandparents until her return. I look forward to returning to my "homeland" and it really does feel like exile to me. I am away from everything that I own. I have brought a few books with me to sustain me including one on Maximilian and Charlotte of Mexico and a Royal Dynasty book. Alas, time to read.

ODYSSEUS!? AAAAAH. I rather like that name. I was hoping for girl... Still, I am happy for Pavlos and Marie-Chantal and Anne-Marie and Constantine.

Happy Anniversery Your Majesties!

Odysseus, I love that name. Good choice Pavlos! I hope M-C let him name his son.... :) some people have said it will be hard on him to live with the name Odysseus...don't you think its going to be just as hard as being Prince of Greece? Even if they had named him Pavlos or George, it would not be easy for him because he is a Prince. Also, George would have been good to honor past kings of the Hellenes. George-Odysseus...or Odysseus-Georgios? Perhaps...:) CONGRATS.

ITS A PRINCE! I am going to send them a card!
Why would only Pavlos decide the name?
Old 09-28-2004, 12:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveCristina
Why would only Pavlos decide the name?
EEppp!!According the Orthodox Tradition only the God - Father Announces the name!!
Old 09-29-2004, 08:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo
EEppp!!According the Orthodox Tradition only the God - Father Announces the name!!
But I hope both parents get a say in what the baby's name will be. Or can only men choose their children's name too?
Old 09-30-2004, 05:53 AM
Courtier

his name is Odyseas and that is his calling name. i read it in a dinish magazine

Betina
Old 09-30-2004, 08:02 AM
Nobility

Odyseas or Odyseus?

http://royalnews.w4.clicdev.com/f/index.php