The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-18-2011, 04:42 AM
Aristocracy

Grace Kelly.

And the magic and myth she has left to her principality and has passed on to her children.

Old 03-19-2011, 02:00 AM

Hi everyone (new here lol)!!

I like the Grimaldis because all of them are simple and down to earth. all of them! They don't have that "i-am-a-prince/princess-bow-down-now" aura or anything :)

Old 03-20-2011, 11:30 AM
Royal Highness

My reason for being interest in the Grimaldis today, Princess Grace. Without her Monaco of today would be very different and maybe not so famous place.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:15 PM
Serene Highness

Considering all that has happened in this past few days... how can you not love them? That family is a living novel: there's love, passion, joy, suspense, laghter and tears, scandals and redemption, brotherly warmth and rivality. Above all ( and i must confess, much personaly, with P. Caroline, who i adore and consider one of my examples in life ), in their ups and downs, they remind us that in spite of our condition, kings, princesses, commoners, we're all human, we all hurt and our greatness reveals itself in our courage to find our ways through pain and tears and face life again.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:56 PM
Gentry

Hi everybody!

I find the Grimaldi family fascinating! To me they are so beautiful but yet so real! They suffered a lot and bounced back like normal people. And plus I find them a little mysterious, that's always seductive!
Old 03-23-2011, 02:13 PM
Aristocracy

I love Grimaldis!
Because there is something special which I can not define it in words. There is so warm relationship btw them. I enjoy looking their photos. And they are the most good-looking family among royals.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Now that the wedding is almost upon us, let's revive this thread !!

I fell in love with the Grimaldi clan in 1956, as a little girl. We didn't have TV ourselves, but we were able to watch the wedding on the TV set in the pub next door.

It was sheer magic, and I wasn't sure whether the people were real, or whether it was a film !

Many decades have passed, and I have followed the Grimaldis' triumphs and heartaches, and I guess I will for some time to come....
Old 07-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Royal Highness

It's very strange, but since the wedding, I have a renewed interest in Monaco and it's royal family, which stirs up many memories from years ago. I remember when I was 10 years old back in 1982 when Princess Grace died and I just simply couldn't stop reading all about the tragic news. The Grimaldi family were always in the news during the 1980's and 1990's quite often for negative or sad things such as Prince Rainier's clashes with press photographers, Stephano Casiraghi's tragic death and Stephanie's sometimes racy life! Then for some reason I lost interest and it is only now that I realise I have a number of years to catch up on and need to look through all the threads here on TRF!
I think I have been quite dismissive of the Grimaldi family at times, but I have to confess that I seem to have a certain affection for them.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Aristocracy

I don't love the Princely(not royal) Grimaldi family at all, but there is no doubt that some of them have inherited the looks gene from their grandmother Princess Charlotte who in turn was the daughter of a washerwoman, and I bet that washerwoman was a stunner. HRH Princess(by marriage) Caroline is the mirror image of the sovereign Princess Charlotte.
They are always doing something that creates interest though, and make a very interesting read in the magazines. Princess Grace acted the part of princess so well she will be a very hard, if not impossible, act to follow.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:15 AM
Courtier

Interesting the way one works in a backhanded compliment.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:12 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kells View Post
I think the Monaco royals are definitely considered a "lower class" of royals.
They maybe the lower but they are more interesting to read about and they are most definitely among the richest even much richer than Queen Elizabeth and her family in GB.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
They maybe the lower but they are more interesting to read about and they are most definitely among the richest even much richer than Queen Elizabeth and her family in GB.
Albert II falls outside the richest top 11 heads of state and government and Queen Elizabeth II is only one place behind him.

They are interesting, in a way, because they are constantly involved in scandals, not exactly 'princely' behaviour.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
I completely agree. Not only are they infinitely more interesting and glamorous than the Windsors, they appear more "human" as well.

And yes, the endless $$$$$ are fascinating to think about.....
Old 08-16-2011, 01:00 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
they appear more "human" as well.
What with the two out of wedlock children for one member, three marriages (one engagement) for another and a singing wild child with two children born before a marriage, a third born out of wedlock and with no father and two divorces.

Very very human indeed, just like the everday man and woman on the street. Perfect for a Princely family.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Well...let's see...the Windsors have Nazi sympathizers, Princes who hang out with convicted paedophiles, endless adulterous affairs and even rumoured bi-sexual drug addicts if you throw in the late George Duke of Kent.

"Everyday man on the street" indeed.

And they are ROYAL, not princely Serene Highnesses.

Choose your scandals. It's all relative.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:22 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Well...let's see...the Windsors have Nazi sympathizers, Princes who hang out with convicted paedophiles, endless adulterous affairs and even rumoured bi-sexual drug addicts if you throw in the late George Duke of Kent.

"Everyday man on the street" indeed.

And they are ROYAL, not princely Serene Highnesses.

Choose your scandals. It's all relative.
You've made me chuckle. Two dead royals within your scandal history, Prince Andrew and the only 'current' affair I think you're talking about is Prince Charles. Seeing as I referred to the current Monaco family not the past ones.

They aren't royal, and it's all relative but Monaco is a shining example of tacky.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:27 PM
Administrator

Enough....let's get back on topic...your reasons for loving the Grimaldi's.

There is no need to go tit for tat regarding the Grimaldi's and the Windsors. What is this, kindergarten?

If you don't love than thats okay too.

Additional off topic posts will be deleted without notice

Old 08-16-2011, 02:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

1. Grace Kelly. I've always thought she was just wonderful ever since I saw Dial M for Murder. She has left behind a legacy and her children are benefitting from it. She put Monaco on the map.

2. Charlene. She brought something to Monaco that I feel was missing. I have high hopes for her...I think she's just what a princess should be. I see her continuing the legacy that Grace left behind.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:17 PM
Nobility

1. Yes. Most definatly. For me, without my love for classic movies (High Society being one of my favorites), I probably wouldn't know who Grace or the Grimaldi's were, let alone have interest in them.
2. Yes. Charlene brought something I felt Monaco was missing. There's something about her, what that is, I'm not sure. But there's something there. Perhaps it's the happiness she brings in Albert.
3. (others have mentioned this as well) How human the Grimaldi's seem. Divorces, taking their children to and from their school without a nanny present to hand the child off to, attending their children's events with cameras in hand, grocery shopping & running other household errands, not living at the palace (Al @ Le Roc, Steph & Caro at Clos St. Martin & Pierre)..just normal, average every day people. I feel like I could approach them on the street and just strike up a conversation (more so with Albert, Charlene, Steph, and their families and Alexandra than Caro & the Casiraghis...)
Old 10-20-2011, 03:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

My reason are Grace, Caroline and her children.
I feel that Monaco is Caroline, and that Caroline is Monaco.
I think that Caro is the one that has been continuing her mother legacy, and her kids are just as glamourous and beautiful as Princess Grace was.

Caro and her kids have some quality star there. I don't think Monaco would be what it is today if it's not for Grace, and Caro.