Your reasons for loving the Grimaldi's

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glistening Seas

:hellokitty: For us like with most people the fascination with Monaco started quite the happenstance out of sheer curiousity.

Although we have never been given much to tabloid fodder; we do however have always been quite the enjoyment of all things French!! quite honestly, who doesn't!
Never knowing much more about Pss Grace than she made great movies & Ranier has/always was the dashing one!
We had no knowledge of anything much about Monaco other than it existed and was always described by others as a place of intrinsic beauty; which alas, we had never seen.

:rose: Quite like others, we too are travel bugs and curiousity had a firm grip on us to to see many different parts of the world we have yet to have traveled too!!

:books: Quite unlike most, however, we had no knowledge of PSS Grace origins prior to hollywood or; for that fact, about Raniers upbringing as well.
So, one day we decided to whet our curiousity about Monaco.
As surely we can all atest to; it is imposible to find only "one" thing about Monaco to be fascinating.

We found Monaco's beauty and Georgian style to be absolutely captivating in it's architecture and decor quite easily making it for us a truly fascinating place! it's climate and gardens to be an absolute delightful truly with it's climate making for a gorogeous gardens!

:reading: The Oceanographic musee is magnificient and one of the 'first' stops on our computer tour and to this day the pics with PA and royal family standing in front of the floor to ceiling (or it appears to be ceiling height) glass aquarium to this day still makes for a breathtaking site leaving one in awe- as we have always enjoyed all things of oceans!

:books: The history of the first family is quite Facinating and since we knew nothing of them we are still enthralled to have found such a place whose history can be traced to the origins of man.

One of the most enjoyable aspects of the royal family is to have discovered that Pss Grace & Ranier actually had never lost their sense of humor as well as having style. As most will agree it's seems difficult to find people in history whom possesed both?? As some of the pics we have enjoyed most were those films of Pss Grace whom contained some of the most delightful humor! it was so refreshing to they kept their joyeux de vie in their daily lives!!! :heartflower:

The reasons for loving the Grimaldi's is that I've always admired three princesses, Grace, Caroline and Stephanie. I grew up admiring their elegance, beauty and their personalities and I also enjoy reading everything about them. I also like Princes Rainier and Prince Albert but I like the princeses more than the princes.

The union of Prince Rainier and Grace made the world dreamtaken by their ideal marriage and circumstance.They were idealists who held their standards and values high. I love the Grimaldis for their sense of progressive egalitarianism in dealing with people of all races and nationalities.I love the Grimaldis for they to me are the most cosmopolitan royals on earth.

Oh, this is easy! I love reading about the Grimaldis more than any of the other current Royals because despite the many scandals and bad behaviors among some in the Princely family, I find them beautiful, brilliant, exotic and elegant.

They live in a tiny, enchanted Principality by the sea, where everyone seems to be wealthy and beautiful, and where dreams and reality merge together-perfect!

It's fascinating and I can't explain it. Even when I was grinding my teeth during Stephanie's personal problems in the 80's and 90's, and lamenting Albert's "baby mamas" and illegitimate children and shaking my head in disgust, it was only temporary.

They mignt not be the best behaved but they are far and away the most interesting...they seem to be a mixture of the unorthodox and classy traditional, all rolled into one.

I can't say this enough...when you compare them to what passes for celebrity in our celebrity obsessed times(Brangelina, the Olsen twins, Britney Spears) there IS no comparison, not even close! I'd rather read about Caroline and Ernst any day...not to mention the magnificent Casiraghi children and their boyfriend/girlfriends. And I am holding out hope for Albert to meet and marry his Princess to make it even more wonderful.

The Grimaldis have it all...beauty, lineage, scandal and unbelievable tragedy.

I just love them!

The Irish have a long love affair with the Grimaldi's :flowers:

Is there a thread on the Grimaldi Jewels/Tiaras ?

The Irish have a long love affair with the Grimaldi's :flowers:

Is there a thread on the Grimaldi Jewels/Tiaras ?

An Ard Ri, we have a subforum called "Royal Jewels" for all
royal families, there you can find several threads about the
jewellery of the Grimaldi princesses, just click the link and take
a look if you like :)

An Ard Ri, we have a subforum called "Royal Jewels" for all
royal families, there you can find several threads about the
jewellery of the Grimaldi princesses, just click the link and take
a look if you like :)

Thank You,I'm just having a peek :)

I enjoy look at all the Princesses. From Grace on down to Charlotte (who I know is not techincally a princess) fashions. They are/were some, IMHO, of the best dressed women in the world. Classic is the way I would describe most of their clothes.

Glistening Seas

:flowers: Say did you see Charlotte made Lucky magazine for fashions?:books:

I love them because they all have such unique personalities they allow to shine through...I am also struck by the fact that they are an extremely attractive royal family yet they do not seem to be stuck up and full of pretense. They have carved out their own lives and their own identities which makes them one of the most interesting - if not THE most interesting - of the royal families! :king4:

Grace Kelly.

And the magic and myth she has left to her principality and has passed on to her children.

Hi everyone (new here lol)!!

I like the Grimaldis because all of them are simple and down to earth. all of them! They don't have that "i-am-a-prince/princess-bow-down-now" aura or anything :)

My reason for being interest in the Grimaldis today, Princess Grace. Without her Monaco of today would be very different and maybe not so famous place.

Considering all that has happened in this past few days... how can you not love them? That family is a living novel: there's love, passion, joy, suspense, laghter and tears, scandals and redemption, brotherly warmth and rivality. Above all ( and i must confess, much personaly, with P. Caroline, who i adore and consider one of my examples in life ), in their ups and downs, they remind us that in spite of our condition, kings, princesses, commoners, we're all human, we all hurt and our greatness reveals itself in our courage to find our ways through pain and tears and face life again. :winkiss: :winkiss: :winkiss:

Hi everybody!

I find the Grimaldi family fascinating! To me they are so beautiful but yet so real! They suffered a lot and bounced back like normal people. And plus I find them a little mysterious, that's always seductive!

I love Grimaldis!
Because there is something special which I can not define it in words. There is so warm relationship btw them. I enjoy looking their photos. And they are the most good-looking family among royals.

Now that the wedding is almost upon us, let's revive this thread !!

I fell in love with the Grimaldi clan in 1956, as a little girl. We didn't have TV ourselves, but we were able to watch the wedding on the TV set in the pub next door.

It was sheer magic, and I wasn't sure whether the people were real, or whether it was a film !

Many decades have passed, and I have followed the Grimaldis' triumphs and heartaches, and I guess I will for some time to come....

It's very strange, but since the wedding, I have a renewed interest in Monaco and it's royal family, which stirs up many memories from years ago. I remember when I was 10 years old back in 1982 when Princess Grace died and I just simply couldn't stop reading all about the tragic news. The Grimaldi family were always in the news during the 1980's and 1990's quite often for negative or sad things such as Prince Rainier's clashes with press photographers, Stephano Casiraghi's tragic death and Stephanie's sometimes racy life! Then for some reason I lost interest and it is only now that I realise I have a number of years to catch up on and need to look through all the threads here on TRF!
I think I have been quite dismissive of the Grimaldi family at times, but I have to confess that I seem to have a certain affection for them.

I don't love the Princely(not royal) Grimaldi family at all, but there is no doubt that some of them have inherited the looks gene from their grandmother Princess Charlotte who in turn was the daughter of a washerwoman, and I bet that washerwoman was a stunner. HRH Princess(by marriage) Caroline is the mirror image of the sovereign Princess Charlotte.
They are always doing something that creates interest though, and make a very interesting read in the magazines. Princess Grace acted the part of princess so well she will be a very hard, if not impossible, act to follow.

I think the Monaco royals are definitely considered a "lower class" of royals.

They maybe the lower but they are more interesting to read about and they are most definitely among the richest even much richer than Queen Elizabeth and her family in GB.

They maybe the lower but they are more interesting to read about and they are most definitely among the richest even much richer than Queen Elizabeth and her family in GB.

Albert II falls outside the richest top 11 heads of state and government and Queen Elizabeth II is only one place behind him.

They are interesting, in a way, because they are constantly involved in scandals, not exactly 'princely' behaviour.

Last edited by a moderator:

I completely agree. Not only are they infinitely more interesting and glamorous than the Windsors, they appear more "human" as well. :)

And yes, the endless $$$$$ are fascinating to think about.....

they appear more "human" as well. :)

What with the two out of wedlock children for one member, three marriages (one engagement) for another and a singing wild child with two children born before a marriage, a third born out of wedlock and with no father and two divorces.

Very very human indeed, just like the everday man and woman on the street. Perfect for a Princely family. :)

Well...let's see...the Windsors have Nazi sympathizers, Princes who hang out with convicted paedophiles, endless adulterous affairs and even rumoured bi-sexual drug addicts if you throw in the late George Duke of Kent.

"Everyday man on the street" indeed.

And they are ROYAL, not princely Serene Highnesses.

Choose your scandals. It's all relative.

Well...let's see...the Windsors have Nazi sympathizers, Princes who hang out with convicted paedophiles, endless adulterous affairs and even rumoured bi-sexual drug addicts if you throw in the late George Duke of Kent.

"Everyday man on the street" indeed.

And they are ROYAL, not princely Serene Highnesses.

Choose your scandals. It's all relative.

:lol: You've made me chuckle. Two dead royals within your scandal history, Prince Andrew and the only 'current' affair I think you're talking about is Prince Charles. Seeing as I referred to the current Monaco family not the past ones. :)

They aren't royal, and it's all relative but Monaco is a shining example of tacky. :flowers:

Enough....let's get back on topic...your reasons for loving the Grimaldi's.

There is no need to go tit for tat regarding the Grimaldi's and the Windsors. What is this, kindergarten?

If you don't love than thats okay too.

Additional off topic posts will be deleted without notice

1. Grace Kelly. I've always thought she was just wonderful ever since I saw Dial M for Murder. She has left behind a legacy and her children are benefitting from it. She put Monaco on the map.

2. Charlene. She brought something to Monaco that I feel was missing. I have high hopes for her...I think she's just what a princess should be. I see her continuing the legacy that Grace left behind.

:previous:

1. Yes. Most definatly. For me, without my love for classic movies (High Society being one of my favorites), I probably wouldn't know who Grace or the Grimaldi's were, let alone have interest in them.
2. Yes. Charlene brought something I felt Monaco was missing. There's something about her, what that is, I'm not sure. But there's something there. Perhaps it's the happiness she brings in Albert.
3. (others have mentioned this as well) How human the Grimaldi's seem. Divorces, taking their children to and from their school without a nanny present to hand the child off to, attending their children's events with cameras in hand, grocery shopping & running other household errands, not living at the palace (Al @ Le Roc, Steph & Caro at Clos St. Martin & Pierre)..just normal, average every day people. I feel like I could approach them on the street and just strike up a conversation (more so with Albert, Charlene, Steph, and their families and Alexandra than Caro & the Casiraghis...)

My reason are Grace, Caroline and her children.
I feel that Monaco is Caroline, and that Caroline is Monaco.
I think that Caro is the one that has been continuing her mother legacy, and her kids are just as glamourous and beautiful as Princess Grace was.

Caro and her kids have some quality star there. I don't think Monaco would be what it is today if it's not for Grace, and Caro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom