The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-01-2006, 12:11 PM
Commoner

Dear Paca,
i read that you're sort of familiar with the Grimaldi family, so I would like to ask you for some infos about them. May I email you, please?

my e-mail is giuseppesimeone81@virgilio.it
write my soon...

Old 04-20-2006, 06:57 PM
Nobility

More cruise line/Yacht business in Monaco

I was looking for a thread to put an excerpt of this article in (it's copy-righted, so dots are where I excerpted the text). Monaco is building a new port on the north side of the harbor (where the new Monaco Yacht Club will be) to be finished by the end of 2007. It seems there is a little controversy because Monaco prefers to focus on the higher end cruise line docking berths because these passengers tend to stay in Monaco for their excursion and spend money.
Lloyd's List International
April 20, 2006 Thursday

Port Hercule proves that if you build it, they will come

Since the installation of a semi-floating dock in 2002, Monaco's Port Hercule has seen a steady rise in cruise and mega-yacht traffic.

Further development will continue "zone by zone" on the north side, according to Mr Keusseoglou, with the addition, successively, of 35 new berths for large yachts, 22 new berths for mega-yachts and then a further 10 to 12 mega-yacht berths.
"Our target is 200 to 700-passenger vessels at the high end of the market," he says, "and we are trying to develop turnaround business."

He describes criticism of Monaco for trying to keep out larger ships with a less up-market clientele as misplaced.

It is simply a business decision implemented through higher fees.

"It is not a question of not wanting those clients, but when you bring a 2,000-passenger ship into port, it stays for the whole day and the passengers get off and depart on excursions in a fleet of buses.

"Not only does it create chaos in the town, but we get no gain for it either."

Mr Keusseoglou notes that the mission of Ports de Monaco is to generate income for the principality as a whole and not just for the port. A study completed in 2004, and now being updated, found that passenger spending in Monaco, not counting hotels and restaurants, ran to EU 20m ($24.5m).

He anticipates 216 cruise calls this year, up from 192 in 2005, while passenger numbers should rise to 200,000 from 135,000. Monaco's clients include such upmarket names as are Silversea, Seabourn, Radisson, SeaDream and Star Clippers, as well as MSC, the exception to the rule on big boats. The MSC Opera made its maiden call earlier this month and was greeted by PrinceAlbert, no less, an enthusiastic supporter of the local industry.
"As for the future, he says "we are practically full from May until the end of September and half-full in April and October. The big task now is to extend the season as much as we can."

Old 04-20-2006, 07:28 PM
Courtier

http://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/a...Celebrity+news

Princess Caroline will be in Boston in a few weeks to receive an award from UNICEF for her work with children's charities.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991
http://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/a...Celebrity+news

Princess Caroline will be in Boston in a few weeks to receive an award from UNICEF for her work with children's charities.
Hey, since you're in Boston, will you try to see her (if it's open to the public)?
Old 04-20-2006, 10:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
Hey, since you're in Boston, will you try to see her (if it's open to the public)?
I'd like to try...but I'm sure it's going to be a zoo around the MFA. Also, for most of the day I'm going to be tied up at the Jr. League Show House in Cambridge. I scheduled my hours before I heard about the trip. Rats. :(
Old 04-20-2006, 10:54 PM
Serene Highness

Well, I hope you get to catch a glimpse of her up close. I don't know what I'd do if a royal was in my neck of the woods! :p
Old 06-01-2006, 09:04 PM
Nobility

Housing rights for Monegasque citizens: a model plan

Here's an interesting news article on the Principality of Monaco's website. all Monegasgue citizens will be guaranteed housing at an extremely reduced price (almost free). Perhaps perks like these are some of the reasons Monegasgue will forgive and continue to love the Grimaldis, regardless of their transgressions.

******* Here's an excerpt of the article:
http://www.gouv.mc/304/wwwnew.nsf/19...enDocument&1GB
Housing rights for Monegasque citizens: a model plan
Next autumn, the Government is to submit a bill to the National Council regarding accession to property by Monegasque citizens. On Monday, 29th May, the honourable Jean-Paul Proust, Minister of State for the Principality of Monaco, presented the press with the outlines of the proposed plan.

Housing more than 32,000 people over a total surface area of 202 hectares is no mean feat for anyone, yet this was the equation for which the Monegasque State has had to find the solution… at least as far as more than 7,600 nationals with the legitimate right to accommodation are concerned. As an indirect result, housing has become a right to which all Monegasque citizens are entitled, thanks to a housing allowance and State rental housing stock, (currently there are 2,000 housing units opposed to a planned 2,800 for 1st September 2008). The accommodation is offered under exceptional conditions: 6 to 8 euros rent per m2! “The housing rights available to any Monegasque citizen in Monaco are unique and exemplary: no other country in Europe offers such an advanced plan”, stressed the Minister of State. “The housing rights available to any Monegasque citizen in Monaco are unique and exemplary: no other country in Europe offers such an advanced plan”, stressed the Minister of State.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:33 PM
Serene Highness

There is an interesting article about the annual meeting of world's reinsurers in Monaco

http://www.theherald.co.uk/business/69896.html

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/