What is missing from Monaco?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Prince who will marry and produce a legitimate heir. Otherwise, Caroline's kids are in.

Albert needs to marry and produce legitimate heirs. It's part of his responsibility to keep the principality going. He shouldn't rely on Caroline's kids to fulfill this.

Albert needs to marry and produce legitimate heirs. It's part of his responsibility to keep the principality going. He shouldn't rely on Caroline's kids to fulfill this.

Well before that he needs to stay home more and appear to be less of a "ribbon cutter" and more of a serious leader. I read an article where the private banking industry held a conference in Monaco that Albert was present yet we don't hear about it. He needs to let more people see that side of him.

Remind me how old Albert is?

An heir and a princess consort.
I say this but I really would love to see Princess Caroline as sovereign princess of Monaco. However, I don't think Andreas Casiraghi would be a good prince, so I get in doubt.
It's a pity that Albert II doesn't have legitime sons.

Remind me how old Albert is?

He's 50 years olds. Tecnically, he is still in the age of being father.

Last edited by a moderator:
Time for him to start dating some more appropriate women. He's not doing that when he's seeing Tongolese flight attendants, etc.

Monaco is missing and NEEDS another Grace Kelly -- in more way than one.

I agree totally with you.It is a pity she is dead.Grace situated Monaco into the map,and she represented perfectly her role as princess.She is an example of elegance ,glamour,and perfect behaviour.:flowers:

Monaco is missing and NEEDS another Grace Kelly -- in more way than one.

I don't think Monaco needs another Grace, persay. If anything, Albert (or a future heir) needs to establish the fact that there can be another high time for Monaco without Grace and Rainier. Albert and whomever he chooses need to be their own people.

I think that Albert is a wonderful man but unfortunately he hasn't a strong personality, this is the problem. Monaco needs a leader like Obama !

What is missing?

Any sense of dignity, any gentle grace (no pun intended,) any behavior that is Royal; instead, it's celebroyals, standards that put EastEnders to shame, and a useless ruling family.

The current and future Royal family is bereft of purpose, and bereft of raison de'etre. Rudderless, they wander across the pages of newspapers and magazines.

Perhaps a merge back into France wouldn't be altogether awful.

I don't think Monaco needs another Grace, persay. If anything, Albert (or a future heir) needs to establish the fact that there can be another high time for Monaco without Grace and Rainier. Albert and whomever he chooses need to be their own people.
I disagree with you.Prince Albert might have his parents as an example.
There will not be , unfortunately ,another Grace Kelly.

Also, sadly Albert has none of the good looks or charisma of either of his parents. Caroline certainly got the looks in the family.

... Any sense of dignity, any gentle grace (no pun intended,) any behavior that is Royal; instead, it's celebroyals, standards that put EastEnders to shame, and a useless ruling family.

The current and future Royal family is bereft of purpose, and bereft of raison de'etre. Rudderless, they wander across the pages of newspapers and magazines. ... [snipped]
You have brilliantly answered the question. Monaco royals have come very near to overstepping a thin line that distinguishes royals/nobility from the rest.

I don't think that royal families in Europe are a sparkling example of dignity, integrity and intelligence. Windsor, Savoia, but also Belgium and Spain , we could say many things not very edifying.

Time for him to start dating some more appropriate women. He's not doing that when he's seeing Tongolese flight attendants, etc.

You must be new. I don't think you h ave to worry about the flight attendant--unless you want to. Time moves on with him. We've had several ladies seemingly connected with him and of his choice. In fact, we've h ad this one young lady who he seems to bestow high profile stuff on for what must is 3 three years now. H e's entitled to see and be with whoever he so desires,thats how I see it. And we keep going round and round with this. When and Can't we see that its not about what we on this forum and perhaps anyone else wants or thinks he should have.He likes what he likes.

And what really gets me is that he is the sovreign prince, Truly the head honcho in charge. I'm sure he's been trained to take over his h eritage (as someone above mentioned his presence in certain places). He,Im sure knows what makes Monace tick. And he, has shown he handles his emotional life exactly as he pleases. And who of us wouldn't want that for ourselves (making our own choices)

And this woman he has, who of us know if she doesn't have Monaco to heart, or at least probably makes him think she has or can have with training.

No I'm not new, I just seldom wade into the Prince Albert waters. As far as 'he likes what he likes' if he likes this young lady enough to keep her for 3 years, how do you account for his reluctance to marry and provide the principality with a legitimate heir?

A raison d'etre as a principality for the twenty-first century. Prince Rainier was unfortunately prescient when he said that he liked to describe himself as the CEO of a huge enterprise. That's what Prince Albert has made of his realm: just a huge conglomerate. A kingdom, a principality need a past, a present and a future. Under Prince Rainier, the past was still very much there, "a sunny place for shady people", wrapped in a certain mystery, a certain dreamy distance that kept people and their unquenchable craving for scandal (which Monaco 's past was so filled with) at bay. It had a present, when he married Grace Kelly and in great part thanks to her revived the principality and melded tradition and change into something glamorous. It had a future, in their three beautiful children. It was anchored.
Now, the past is either iconized or commercialized with nostalgic commemorations, the present is Prince Albert, alone, for, realistically speaking, his siblings, nephews, nieces, illegitimate children and girlfriend don't count for much, and it has no future: there is no offspring to carry on the history.

What is missing from Monaco? More members of the princely family! The Princely Family of Monaco is currently the smallest reigning family in the world - it consists of only four people!

What is missing?

Any sense of dignity, any gentle grace (no pun intended,) any behavior that is Royal; instead, it's celebroyals, standards that put EastEnders to shame, and a useless ruling family.

The current and future Royal family is bereft of purpose, and bereft of raison de'etre. Rudderless, they wander across the pages of newspapers and magazines.

Perhaps a merge back into France wouldn't be altogether awful.

Well said,I totally agree with you.
I am so sad and tired of seeing them in magazines :nonono:
They should keep certain standard because they are royals and not commoners.
Princess Albert doesn't seem interested in the future of Monaco otherwise he would have married and produced a heir.It's a shame,his parents had worked so hard to give Monaco it's fame.
I am really not interested in this royal family because they just look like commoners.:nonono:

Just a friendly reminder: This is not a thread to discuss Prince
Albert's former and current relationships. And please when trying
to express your thoughts and feelings about the topic of this thread
try to ponder your words carefully in order not to get offending.
Thank you!

Iceflower
Monaco Forum Moderator

Well said,I totally agree with you.
I am so sad and tired of seeing them in magazines :nonono:
They should keep certain standard because they are royals and not commoners.
Princess Albert doesn't seem interested in the future of Monaco otherwise he would have married and produced a heir.It's a shame,his parents had worked so hard to give Monaco it's fame.
I am really not interested in this royal family because they just look like commoners.:nonono:

I agree with you and with NotAPretender. They should get more serious and start behaving appropriately. However, I have to observe that most princes of Monaco have lacked sense of dignity since the 19th century. Prince Rainier III and Grace Kelly are notable exceptions and I can't stop admiring her sense of duty. She ceased to act like a celebrity upon her marriage and took her role as the first lady of a state seriously. I am especially outraged with Princess Stephanie's behaviour, but that deserves another thread.

I sincerely hope that Caroline will ascend the throne of Monaco and that her children will change the current image of Grimaldi family.

I agree with you, KOTROMAN , Princess Stephanie 's behaviour has discredited for so many years the whole family that now it is difficult to sweep away the blot on their honour . I love them, also Stephanie , in spite of everything she has done , but these are facts.

Monaco needs more of a family unity Red cross ball and National day is the only time you really will see all 3 Grimaldi kids together . Stephanie's kids are getting older so Maybe we will see the older ones more this year . The Casiraghi do a good job of coming but Andrea is more absent from events .

Albert spends more time out of Monaco than he does in Monaco , Caroline lives in France but she comes to Monaco a lot Stephanie is the most in Monaco .

To change the image of Monaco they need to all come together and make a united effort , Grace and Rainier gave Monaco the image that we all love . But they are both gone so Its time for someone to step up and give Monaco a new Image.

JMO

Maybe Caroline's kids should start taking a more active role in some of the charities that Grace founded. This might bring in a younger jetset crowd and give it some new life. They are all good looking kids and it would be nice to see a young crowd at the balls. Fresh faces and new formats to the balls would make it interesting again. They shouldn't wait for Albert to marry to create new interest.

Honestly, I believe they are all a bunch of spoiled brats. They seem very full of themselves and their privledge. This is my opinion. I agree with some posters that Monaco lacks elegance and class. It is more poptrash and crass. It doesn't have to be that way. But the royals and yes I mean all of them are very self centered and seem not to care about the people or their nation imo.

I think Monaco lacks the grace and elegance and sense of timelessness that was so apparent during the time of Rainier and Grace. When she died, it was like the magic of Monaco died with her. What Monaco needs is someone to bring it out of this, this, I can't explain what it is, but it's not graceful anymore. It needs someone by Albert's side--it needs a Princess Mathilde type of lady. I like Caroline and Ernst, but what I don't like is that her children seem to have no real role. I realize they aren't titled, but Andreas is the heir presumptive and he needs to take a more active interest in Monaco. Back in the day Monaco has so much polish and charm--now, it's just not really there. It could be--it really could. Who on this board doesn't want to see Albert get married, have some legitimate children, and create his own dynasty?

Who on this board doesn't want to see Albert get married, have some legitimate children, and create his own dynasty?

I don't. I have lots of reasons to believe that Caroline and her children would do the job better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom