What is missing from Monaco?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lil princess lost said:
I think Albert likes women alright as the more than sufficient evidence proves.:eek:
Unfortunately he does not seem to like 'suitable' women. Unless you think the people of Monaco want a Togolese stewardess as Princess. I really dont undersand, if he is not willing to get married and have a legitimate heir why he doesnt at least use birth control in these inappropriate relationships and no cause a scandal? It's not like he doesnt know what's causing it. Sorry my PMS is on a rant.

I agree that the Principality is missing a princess. But I think the princess that is missing is Princess Grace. Everything fell apart after she died; I think what is missing is the stablizing influence of the mother figure. It is unusual for a woman to die that young, and I think most families suffer if that happens.

royaltywatcher said:
I agree that the Principality is missing a princess. But I think the princess that is missing is Princess Grace. Everything fell apart after she died; I think what is missing is the stablizing influence of the mother figure. It is unusual for a woman to die that young, and I think most families suffer if that happens.

Exactly, RoyaltyWatcher - stablizing influence of the mother figure!
A WOMAN from the "capital letter" is able to save, strenghen and consolidate Monaco and elevate it at the new level...smart, strong and charismatic woman...
I feel with someone like Charlene this country will waste away... A small territory requires a significant personality.

Last edited:
I agree that Monaco lost its charm, glamour since P Grace's passing away.
Monaco needs new princess, someone strong, smart and selfconfident...Lets hope P Albert will nicely surprise us one day.:)

scooter said:
Unfortunately he does not seem to like 'suitable' women. Unless you think the people of Monaco want a Togolese stewardess as Princess. I really dont undersand, if he is not willing to get married and have a legitimate heir why he doesnt at least use birth control in these inappropriate relationships and no cause a scandal? It's not like he doesnt know what's causing it. Sorry my PMS is on a rant.

yes, that or unless the people of Monaco want to settle for his South African mistress/official companion, 20 years his junior who never finished school. I think he should let someone else pick a princess for him:lol:

:tea:

LOL

Last edited:
royaltywatcher said:

Wonderful point, Royaltywatcher!

I think with the right First Lady, Monaco could flourish to an even higher level of international importance, splendor, and serve as environment of 'best practices.' Without that special lady (regardless of how much Albert can do on his own), I believe the revival of Monaco will likely be put on hold for a generation, until such a duo of leaders emerges.

I've always thought of Albert as a "Go for the Gold' type of man. But, maybe he prefers to play more of a background and supportive role. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Perhaps, Albert's divine mission is to tie up loose ends from the past and set the stage for the next generation of leaders to thrive.

Either way, Monaco needs another :angel: .

NOTHING IS MISSING FROM MONACO !!!

I :heart: :monacoflag:

Freedom said:

I think with the right First Lady, Monaco could flourish to an even higher level of international importance, splendor, and serve as environment of 'best practices.' Without that special lady (regardless of how much Albert can do on his own), I believe the revival of Monaco will likely be put on hold for a generation, until such a duo of leaders emerges.

I've always thought of Albert as a "Go for the Gold' type of man. But, maybe he prefers to play more of a background and supportive role. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Perhaps, Albert's divine mission is to tie up loose ends from the past and set the stage for the next generation of leaders to thrive.

Very true. I beleive that woman is out there for Prince Albert and for Monaco. Just as God led Prince Rainier to Grace after a long line of affairs, the same will eventually happen to PA.

Lets hope it happens soon for the sake of Monaco. He needs divine guidance right now. :angel:

WindsorIII said:
Very true. I beleive that woman is out there for Prince Albert and for Monaco. Just as God led Prince Rainier to Grace after a long line of affairs, the same will eventually happen to PA.

Lets hope it happens soon for the sake of Monaco. He needs divine guidance right now. :angel:

Father Tucker was instrumental in the union of Rainier and Grace so divine guidance right now would be most helpful as he needs it badly!

I think Monaco already has the WOMAN it needs. Who else but Caroline? She IS the essence of Monaco... and she's the only one who can lead the principality in a modern path. Keeping some of the glamour of her mother's Monaco ( beautiful balls, elegant dresses... ) of course, but projecting it into a new social, intelectual and even political future, introducing the country in the european map of economy, politics, giving it an identity and a power of influence in Europe, Monaco hasn't been yet able to conquer

I agree w/comments above that Princess Caroline has grown into the type of woman who can lead the principality, should she need to step back into that role. However, as far as Prince Albert finding the right woman to lead w/him....he needs, also, to grow up and stop viewing women as "arm candy" or play things, not to be taken seriously. Until he changes his demeanor from play boy (and, he's getting a little old for that title) to gentleman on a journey for a lady, he's going to keep ending up w/less than preferable choices (at least, as far as the public is concerned). However, there are other royal houses with commoners as princesses, so it's not the end of the world for someone to be of a different race, or not have a professional career or education - as long as she's not hanging off a pole, scantilly clad, or using him to further their "career" - or for money, I believe that person is out there for Albert - he's just not interested in that, right now. I'm sure he must have met very nice women with a head on their shoulders, able to carry on a conversation, and devoted to family and a clean life - however, because they weren't celebrities, maybe they weren't seen as good choices....I'm sure great opportunities have been missed as a result.....

I agree w/comments above that Princess Caroline has grown into the type of woman who can lead the principality, should she need to step back into that role. However, as far as Prince Albert finding the right woman to lead w/him....he needs, also, to grow up and stop viewing women as "arm candy" or play things, not to be taken seriously. Until he changes his demeanor from play boy (and, he's getting a little old for that title) to gentleman on a journey for a lady, he's going to keep ending up w/less than preferable choices (at least, as far as the public is concerned). However, there are other royal houses with commoners as princesses, so it's not the end of the world for someone to be of a different race, or not have a professional career or education - as long as she's not hanging off a pole, scantilly clad, or using him to further their "career" - or for money, I believe that person is out there for Albert - he's just not interested in that, right now. I'm sure he must have met very nice women with a head on their shoulders, able to carry on a conversation, and devoted to family and a clean life - however, because they weren't celebrities, maybe they weren't seen as good choices....I'm sure great opportunities have been missed as a result.....

I agree, I also think he's wrong to think his attraction was so much his playboy status, rather it was because (in the past) he was a bit of a mystery and seemed to show some discretion in keeping his private life private, which many admired and made him appear to be a true gentleman. Some of us thought perhaps he was discriminating:rolleyes: and waiting for the the right woman, one that was mature enough and smart enough to know what she was getting herself into and not so enamored with Albert's position or money.

I would have thought growing up in his postion he would not only quickly recognize woman who are attracted to him for the wrong reasons, but that it would have been a turn off? :lol: I think as you say he really needs to grow up, it was disappointing to find out that he isn't more discriminating and he's into armcandy (screams insecurity), the problem of not taking women seriously, is his problem in not attracting serious women? Didn't or doesn't Caroline have any friends that would be right for Albert? I would imagine since she is intelligent, cultered and poised she would probably have some friends with the same qualities?

I agree his wife doesn't have to be a real overachiever regarding a career or education, just someone that is mature enough, and hopefully nice and genuine, with half a brain in her head. Hopefully he will find someone that has some real feelings for him and not just attracted to the lifestyle he was born into! I would think above all, he would be looking for that - It can't be easy, to be in his position and not be able to have a partner in life that you can trust or depend on, as well as really enjoy their company.

Albert always semed like a smart guy with some wit, a trait his sister Caroline seems to share. You would think growing up living around the women he has (his mother and sisters) he would have better taste in women? He's a different kind of mystery than I thought he was?

The need to date a celebrity as you suggest furthers the idea he is very insecure and looking for public validation (the wrong kind) - If he's still this immature, no wonder he seems to date the juvenile women that he does (however detrimental it is to him personally and for Monaco?). If his current relationship was an effort to distract from his past relationships, it only served to confirm the image. (IMO) The illigitimate children in his past, is not nearly as bad as continuing to date the same type of women currently that led to this result in the first place?

He needs to put some distance between his current relationship or he will never attract a worthy woman - I hope he's not counting on finding another (or a different kind of women), while he is still involved in a (this) relationship (it's a real turn off). I'm still rooting for him and Monaco, but I think you nailed it, he's a guy that really needs to grow up before any real women will take him seriously? It's a little sad, I hope he gets a clue soon!

Last edited:
It is a known fact that with many people born wealthy, the work ethic can often be lacking. Albert has always had everything he's wanted one way or the other. He seems to lack that work ethic. He has cultivated the playboy image for a long time and has been allowed to lead that kind of life for a long time. His only responsibilities were to travel as a good will ambassador and that is what he continues to do. The transition to hard-working head of state did not occur and by the looks of things never will. I am hard on Albert because he does have the ability- he just has chosen not to do it.

What is Monaco missing? it's missing a leader.

I think Albert is a leader with potential and doing quite fine. But yes, Monaco lost its charm, maybe it will be glamorous again.

What do you think Albert would say is missing from Monaco?

I agree. I think that he is happily pursuing a public relationship with a lovely young woman, something his father would not have allowed him to do for very long. It might just be for fun, except that he looks at Charlene very lovingly. But I do believe, as many of us know, that the charm of a physical union eventually wears off. And once he decides that running the country is a primary goal, he might choose a woman who is brought to him by Fate, who can understand everything his ancestors have done to build Monaco, and share and speak up as needed to represent both the glamour and the intellectual pursuits of Monaco.

I would be hard-pressed to see Charlene standing up for the Environment, or AIDS or understanding the Oceanographic Institute and why it is even there, or to appreciate why people from all over the world vye even a moment to pass in that sunny paradise!

If she doesn't understand things, what will she do to emancipate the country to it's next level?

If they are in love ... I wish them well, but Monaco needs to love and be loved .. to someone who will be a right partner in his endeavours .. most of which are quite intellectual at this point. Maybe she will be educated, accomplished AND absolutely stunning !!!?

R.

Prediction.

wWhat Monaco needs?

In addition to seeing Pr. Albert in love, which he clearly seems to be with Charlene, he needs to have a life partner who will share the ups and downs .. and be willing to do so even when it gets tough. Someone who will be a good mother against the odds. And someone who will capture his imagination and attention, intellectually as well as physically.

There was a prediction two years ago that he would marry a well-educated Canadian entertainer who speaks English and French and a few other languages and is originally from a "Third World" country. This would bring in people from the Americas, Europe (very strong attachment to Canada!), and whichever country she originates from ... an economic strengthener and someone who more resembles is sisters physically, but his mother emotionally.

She will also understand the Kyoto Protocol and global warming, why there is an Oceanographic Institute built by his ancestors, appreciate the gardens and zoo and sea and favour them, and be a strong mother to ALL their/his children as well as the country. She will have the warmth and social graces and genuine affection for all people which Pr. Grace had and people will move mountains for her.

If he pays any attention to fortune-tellers like his mother did, there is a chance he might allow Fate to play a hand in his future! :)

R.

I think Albert is a leader with potential and doing quite fine. But yes, Monaco lost its charm, maybe it will be glamorous again.

He has enormous potential and we see a glimmer of it once in a while like the recent National Geographic video with the leopards where he sounds heartfelt and comes across well. The problem is that he or his PR team need to have more of these images as opposed to all the ribbon cutting, photo op shots not to mention what appears to be too much partying and too much traveling away from the principality. He needs to be home more often and seen "burning the mid-night oil" he needs to be heard more and not screened chats with the prince. He needs to do town hall meetings with the citizens of Monaco and he needs to let them speak their minds unlike what happened in the red nose incident which got totally out of hand.

Don't misunderstand me I like Albert, he has huge potential. If I thought he was a loser I wouldn't bother. While it would be nice if he were truly in love and married with kids, he can none the less still be an attractive leader. What he may lack in natural charisma, he can more than make up in statesmanship. I have met him and in person he is charming -this does not always translate into the photos. So as far as glamor he doesn't need an arm candy princess but one passionate about Monaco, it's people and it's future. Then glamor will take care of itself.

Last edited:
What do you think Albert would say is missing from Monaco?

"....I believe the revival of Monaco will likely be put on hold for a generation, until such a duo of leaders emerges....'

'.... Perhaps, Albert's divine mission is to tie up loose ends from the past and set the stage for the next generation of leaders to thrive....'

Hi Freedom,

Well, I hope this is not Albert's sentiment--I believe he is under estimating himself, if it is? (which is our problem with him:flowers:)

I believe we all think Albert has a lot of potential, with or without a wife. I would hate to think he was throwing in the towel -- He is just getting started. It took Rainier awhile to hit his stride. Albert is doing fine and has great potential to not just do great things for Monaco, but to bring focus or more to issues in the world at large? Albert can bring as much or more as the generations that have preceded him, and he probaby shares a lot with his namesake who did much to advance many areas of study internationally. I think Albert seems to have a genuine interest in humanity and was born with a true altruistic nature, and I believe he is sincere in his interest and ventures.

I also believe women bring much and are truly often the strength and stabalizing force, but what I think Albert needs most is the "true" love and real support of a "genuine" & smart woman that can can help him to achieve their own unique vision for Monaco's new era. This is why we are so harsh on him for dating these women (girls), that are so obviously interested in "just" fame and fortune? I believe Albert has so much experience with these women that he thinks it is the norm? If these women are so "eager" (as they all seem to be) that should be a big red flag! Albert should not have to babysit the woman in his life, the most average of woman should be able to handle herself? And if she is serious about Albert, she will not care to play out their relationship in public - That should be a big clue where her interest lies. No woman is going to be thought highly of if she does not have enough integrity to show more descretion, I can't believe Albert would think this would endear a woman to the public or people of Monaco? If she is worthy of marrying she shouldn't have to be sold! If she is authentic and has true inner beauty it well be recognized!

I think Albert probably has missed the window on having children, but that's OK - Since he has had to wait so long for love, perhaps Albert and his wife will have more time to share and enjoy each other. This is usually a plus for an enduring relationship statistically.
Albert be patient (and careful), your:angel: is out there!

Originally Posted by Freedom

Either way, Monaco needs another :angel: . (She's out there!)

Nothing is missing from Monaco. All of them are doing very well. They are such a nice and loving to one another family. Albert does not need an special wife, since all of them are already celebrities on their own. They inherited the charm and the beauty of their parents. What he needs, if possible, is a wife he loves and loves him and beautiful children. Now we all know the importance of good genes. If Charlene is an intelligent and healthy, both physical and emotional, person, and they really love each other, that is enough for Monaco. It seems the sisters approve her, that is important. Some things will improve my vision of Monaco: An adequate and loving husband for Stephanie, who is doing much better with the full support of her brother, and the reconciliation of the two sisters. They love each other a lot, but they need to forgive and understand better and that the world can see it. They are my preferred royals, because they are a warm and supportive family and all of them look to me like normal, good people, make mistakes, acknowledge it, and change for the good. ;)

Last edited:
I have wearied of the Grimaldis. I think Somerset Maugham was right, Monaco is a sunny place for shady people.

As for the royal children, I used to admire Caroline so much. I can understand marrying Junot, she was young and "in love" (and wanting to stick it to her mother), but Ernst August?? And I just can't get over Albert and his assorted love children. And Stephanie, I feel pity for her but she's not the baby sister anymore.

Watching this family is like watching Britney Spears. When's the next disaster going to happen? And I don't think throwing a royal bride into the mix will fix it.

I have wearied of the Grimaldis. I think Somerset Maugham was right, Monaco is a sunny place for shady people.

As for the royal children, I used to admire Caroline so much. I can understand marrying Junot, she was young and "in love" (and wanting to stick it to her mother), but Ernst August?? And I just can't get over Albert and his assorted love children. And Stephanie, I feel pity for her but she's not the baby sister anymore.

Watching this family is like watching Britney Spears. When's the next disaster going to happen? And I don't think throwing a royal bride into the mix will fix it.

There was a big tragedy in the family, the death of Grace. I think most problems of Stephanie came from that sad episode of her life. But they could cope. Caroline became a first lady instead of her mother. I admire her because she is a very good mother, like Jacqueline Kennedy was, and lately is developing a social conscience, as she gets older and wiser. Her husband is unfortunately an alcoholic, probably she did not know it when she got married, and already widow with three kids, wanted a man that could protect all of them with his social standing. This woman has had two big blows in her life, the tragic deaths of her mother and her husband, and she has strived and been able to protect and support her family through these situations. I think you are too hard on them, Iowabelle, maybe you are very young yet.

Actually, I'm a little older than Stephanie.

Yes, I didn't realize how badly Stephanie was traumatized by the accident for a very long time, but she has been treated as a child for a very long time. It's time to grow up (and either live quietly or embrace the royal life). Maybe she has grown up, I haven't heard much about her lately.

And I don't see how Caroline couldn't have known what EA was. She's no longer the starry-eyed young miss.

As for Albert, he's been derelict in his duty to his family and country.

Just read "Diana Memorabilia"

I come from reading your article, Iowabelle, very interesting and very useful for collectors. I like Diana very much, too, that so happy Travolta/Diana picture always make me think on the nice ambassador for her country she could have been, everyone looked delighted watching at her dance with Travolta, on the perfect wife she could have been for a loving husband. But I wonder why you are not that tolerant with the "beauty, humanity, vulnerability and flaws" of the Grimaldis, too. :rolleyes:

What on earth is a recovering lawyer? I suppose it means you stopped working as a lawyer and did not like the experience.

Not many non-proffessional people recognize an alcoholic, since alcoholic beverages are part of almost all the social gatherings.

I looked for the word "derelict" in the dictionary, and I do not know that Albert had "derelicted" in any way his family or his country. On the contrary, he has given Stephanie so much support after he is the head of state, that she looks much better, more accepted. And all his family and subjects seem to be very happy with him, according with the photos. ;)

Yes, I am older than you.

Last edited:
Greetings. Sandsla, thank you for going back to my original post. -Freedom

".... Albert can bring as much or more as the generations that have preceded him, and he probaby shares a lot with his namesake who did much to advance many areas of study internationally. I absolutely agree. He has incredible potential with all of the resources available to him. -Freedom

I think Albert seems to have a genuine interest in humanity and was born with a true altruistic nature, and I believe he is sincere in his interest and ventures. You nailed it, Sandsla. What a gift to this world that a leader possesses these characteristics! I hope he does not let politics & red tape get in the way of all that he could accomplish. The people, environment, current state of the world, and future generations need him too much for him not to persevere. He, as a leader, must never give in to pressure or up on what is right! -Freedom

I also believe women bring much and are truly often the strength and stabalizing force, but what I think Albert needs most is the "true" love and real support of a "genuine" & smart woman that can can help him to achieve their own unique vision for Monaco's new era. I couldn't agree more. -Freedom

If she is worthy of marrying she shouldn't have to be sold! If she is authentic and has true inner beauty it will be recognized! Very True! -Freedom

Albert be patient (and careful), your:angel: is out there! ...& she needs you as much as you need her. She's out there. You have the resources...FIND HER! -Freedom

There is something missing from Monaco, but imho the missing thing is not to do with a princess for Albert. I believe the missing thing is a sense of a united family. I believe the Grimaldis are a loving family, as tan berry pointed out. But they are also such a long distance, fragmented family, whom we rarely see all together. I think we see them all together once a year. I'm not saying that we would need to see them all together all the time. No, that's impossible. By and large, out of necessity, most of the public functions are solo in nature, i.e the ribbon cuttings. But there are many events such as the charitable galas, the circus where it would be nice to see the whole family there, united as well as loving, and not only Albert and Stephanie and Charlene, as usual. Most of the time, you see Ernst and Caroline off doing their own thing somewhere, in Paris or Salzburg or London or somewhere else. Albert and Stephanie are in Monaco. Now with Charlene on the scene it might be better, and when/if Albert and Charlene have kids, it will improve, but then for the meantime, I think Caroline is being an almost absentee Hereditary Princess and her children being all over the map. I am not criticizing Caroline by any means. I fully understand that she has international interests, and she does important work. But I think the missing thing from Monaco is too much of a fragmented (albeit a loving) family.

What's missing from Monaco? How about the Sovereign Prince acting w/a little personal dignity rather than like Hugh Hefner. It might be attractive to be the "Playboy Prince" when you're 25, certainly not when you're 50 and have succeeded to the throne. His choice in a "companion" is disgraceful, especially at a time when the his peers (the Crown Princes of the major European thrones) have all married women w/educations and careers. He is sadly mistaken if he thinks that he can earn respect just be parading around any woman w/blonde hair.

He's turned out to be a major disappointment. :eek:

I mean, I think Albert has been derelict by 1) having illegitimate children, period; 2) muddying up the succession; 3) not providing for or participating in the lives of those children [as far as I know, prior to the death of his father].

I'm not sure about not marrying (it could have been a Charles/Diana situation) as being derelict. But what is he doing to prepare his heir now, assuming he's not getting married and having legitimate offspring in the future?

After Albert, what? Caroline might outlive him by a few years and then, Casiraghi princes? Outside of jetsetting what have these kids done?

But I will give Albert kudos for being supportive of his sister.

Last edited:
well, wouldn´t jetsetting be one of the most important things to do for a prince of Monaco ;)? Considering the (wealthy) people the country tries to attract & the amount of charities, parties, etc etc. it would be helpfull indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom